March 28, 2024, 10:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566796 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1520 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:10 PM »

I saw Carrie last night. She is such an amazing woman! Her strength is unbelievable. In light of everything that she went through yesterday, she greeted me with a smile and a hug. She just started her search and recovery classes. She plows on through all of the horror to do something for others. I also have to say that I have never seen such a loyal core group of friends that have been by her side throughout this entire ordeal. If any of you watched the entire hearing yesterday, you may have seen Gardner looking back several times. Carrie's friends had gotten to the court house super early to ensure their place. There was a sizeable group of them and they mouthed things at him and sent him enough hate to last a lifetime. Amber has brought so many people together. Through this experience I have seen such intense loyalty, absolute strength and an incredible outpouring of love and support. Carrie has also shown me that if you think that you are at rock bottom you do have the strength to pick yourself up and carry on. Amber will be loved and remembered forever and all of her friends and family and supporters are some of the best people I have ever encountered.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1521 on: April 17, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »

In the search warrant didn't it say they were looking for a shirt and a sweatshirt? So was he the boy she was seen walking with, if that happened of course?

I wish we could learn of how he got to her. What he said, where he was. Amber went missing in a crowd, or so it seems, we could learn a lot from this.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1522 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »

Thank-you for that sebastian, very strong people, I really don't know how these families cope and go forward  an angelic monkey
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1523 on: April 18, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »

One of the many, many things that need to be addressed in this case is the phone call from Amber's school to the home phone of Carrie.  If what JG is claiming in his plea is true, we would assume that Amber was murdered before 9:00AM PST.  Carrie did not even know that Amber did not show up at school until that afternoon around 3:00, IIRC.  In this day and age of cell phones, twitter, blackberries, etc. Why is it that my son's school system can send me a text that school is cancelled for a snow day, but only makes a phone call to the home phone of the custodial parent when a child is absent without notification.  This is just one of the areas that need to be changed.

RIP Amber, I hope your family can continue to move forward now that they have some answers of what happened to you and this scum will never hurt another beautiful young woman.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1524 on: April 18, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »

In the search warrant didn't it say they were looking for a shirt and a sweatshirt? So was he the boy she was seen walking with, if that happened of course?

I wish we could learn of how he got to her. What he said, where he was. Amber went missing in a crowd, or so it seems, we could learn a lot from this.

Im sorry I can't answer your question and not that I ever could but I have question to ask too, iif you remember a riverside sheriff press release about an attempted abduction from Lake Elsinore involving a man with blonde crew cut hair and a handgun and 1990's four door gold sedan. I wonder if Gardner bleached his hair blonde or dyed it,  I am looking at Gardner now and in his other pics and he has dark brown hair, just wondering, here is the  link to that press release in october 2009,  http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/09301-lak.htm   I was reading some articles about it, and it just has to be gardner....did gardner gain weight, change hair color, to change his appearance? does gardner have a friend who looks like a tall dark boy...

piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1525 on: April 18, 2010, 01:24:36 AM »

lovinlife you right about the notification system and that absent reminder/truancy message they leave on your phone or voicemail/answering machine. The message should be sent right away, and to a working number, that or just have a school resource officer search for the student, kind of lke an emergency response, maybe someone will come up with a better idea soon.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1526 on: April 18, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »

Father’s comments broke Gardner case
Moe Dubois’ TV remarks provoked Gardner to talk

Saturday, April 17, 2010 at 11:05 p.m.

It was something Moe Dubois said.

His daughter’s jailed killer heard Dubois’ plea at a news conference and decided to lead authorities to the shallow grave where he had left the girl — 14-year-old Amber — a year earlier.

That detail was one of several that stunned Dubois on Thursday during a hush-hush and hastily called meeting with District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis in which the Escondido teenager’s parents learned that her murder had been solved.

“It was quite surprising to us, the fact that he had a moment of remorse and the fact that the moment of remorse came from something I may have said,” Dubois said Saturday in an interview. “Actually, it scares me that I can connect to someone like that.”

Dumanis told Amber’s parents that John Albert Gardner III, 31, had confessed to raping and killing her in exchange for a deal his lawyers had presented to avoid the death penalty in the murder of fellow teenager Chelsea King, 17, of Poway.

Instead, Gardner faces life in prison without a chance of parole or appeal. It’s an outcome the parents of both Chelsea and Amber can accept.

“It was necessary to take him off the streets and put him in a place where you would put a wild animal,” Dubois said. “In a cage.”

Dubois said that prosecutors told him that Gardner had felt remorse after hearing one of Dubois’ pleas for help to find his daughter, and decided to make an offer.

Gardner agreed to take authorities to Amber’s remains in a remote location north of Pala on condition that the information not be used against him.

Dubois said prosecutors accepted that deal, which came as a surprise to him, so that Amber’s family could have some closure and a body to bury — and so that investigators could seek other evidence linking Gardner to the crime. None was ever found, Dumanis said, meaning the only way to connect Gardner to Amber’s death was by a confession, which he gave recently and formalized Friday in court.

Also that day, Dubois pulled out a video of the televised comments that the District Attorney’s Office said had made Gardner remorseful. It was a news conference March 3 after Gardner pleaded not guilty to killing Chelsea.

He said he watched the video twice but does not know which words spurred Gardner to lead authorities to Amber. They found her three days later.

“There was one question specifically that I think personally is what it is, when a reporter asked me how I felt regarding the extra attention on Chelsea’s case in relation to Amber’s case,” Dubois said.

“I noticed in watching me that it took me several seconds to compose myself,” he said. “It was very emotionally a tough question to answer. Any parent is going to say that you want every minute of focus, everyone in the world to stop and find your child, but the reality is it doesn’t work that way.”

Moe Dubois said that he, his girlfriend, Rebecca Smith, and Amber’s mother, Carrie McGonigle, went to the 2 p.m. meeting in Dumanis’ office Thursday thinking prosecutors would say they were charging Gardner in Amber’s death.

Instead, they were floored to hear he had confessed to raping and killing Amber 14 months ago and Chelsea in February and assaulting a college student in December.

Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly King, learned the same information Thursday morning in their own private meeting with Dumanis.

Dubois said Dumanis’ office called him at 9 a.m. Thursday and told him to be at a downtown parking lot a couple of blocks from the District Attorney’s Office in five hours.

He said a deputy district attorney drove up in an unmarked car with tinted windows and took them to a private lot under the courthouse to avoid attention.

After the hourlong meeting, Dubois said, they were walked back to the lot.

Dubois said, “as sick as this sounds,” he’s glad that Gardner gave up Amber’s location.

“Allowing us to have Amber’s body back for burial and for emotional closure is such a big, big thing because where Amber’s body was, we more than likely would never, ever have found her,” he said. “It was so far out of the way.”

On Friday, Gardner admitted to the crimes in open court, in front of the parents of the two girls he killed.

“We had a whole night to mentally prepare ourselves to hear it in court,” Dubois said. “Thankfully, the judge read the statement. I was under the impression that it was going to be read by John Gardner, and that would have been very difficult to hear.”

An hour later, the fathers of the girls whose lives are now linked in death addressed the news media.

Dubois’ words were short and to the point. He thanked the authorities for working diligently on his daughter’s case, “for allowing us to have justice and closure.”

Brent King stood at the lectern longer, characterizing Gardner’s murder of Chelsea as a “despicable, evil act” and saying it was a torturous decision to bless the plea deal that will lock Gardner away but spare his life.

“The Dubois family has been through unthinkable hell the past 14 months,” King said. “We couldn’t imagine the confession to Amber’s murder never seeing the light of day, leaving an eternal question mark.”

Dubois had touched on that uncertainty March 3 in making the statement that perhaps caused Gardner to reach out to prosecutors.

“We are constantly going to keep searching for Amber,” her father said then. “We feel she’s still alive, and we always will feel she’s still alive until we find her and we have her home.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/apr/17/fathers-comments-broke-case/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: April 18, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »

Thank-you Nut for that article. My continued thoughts for Amber and Chelsea's family  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1528 on: April 18, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »

I was so shook up by that article, I meant to say my continued thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1529 on: April 18, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »

Someone had posted it was rumored he was the one that lead LE to her because someone saw him.
I liked how the family never gave up hope, never stopped believing she was alive. I bet Amber was very proud of her family for this. I think it shows their true love and support for Amber. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1530 on: April 18, 2010, 08:46:31 PM »

One of the many, many things that need to be addressed in this case is the phone call from Amber's school to the home phone of Carrie.  If what JG is claiming in his plea is true, we would assume that Amber was murdered before 9:00AM PST.  Carrie did not even know that Amber did not show up at school until that afternoon around 3:00, IIRC.  In this day and age of cell phones, twitter, blackberries, etc. Why is it that my son's school system can send me a text that school is cancelled for a snow day, but only makes a phone call to the home phone of the custodial parent when a child is absent without notification.  This is just one of the areas that need to be changed.

RIP Amber, I hope your family can continue to move forward now that they have some answers of what happened to you and this scum will never hurt another beautiful young woman.

I have a service on my phone through Verizon that texts me when he gets to school - if I do not get the texts then I call. I have never depended on our school - even though it is a small and good district - to keep track of my kids. If they do, great. But it is still my responsibility - one that I take very seriously.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »

http://www.morekids.org/default.htm

The More Kids organization was established in 2009, by Maurice Dubois and Rebecca Smith shortly after the abduction and disappearance of Maurice’s 14 year old daughter Amber Dubois. At the time of establishing our organization it was not exactly clear to us in what areas we wanted to focus our attention, but one thing was for sure, it would be to assist families of missing children and to help prevent future children from having to suffer the fate of so many before them. Through our very difficult year we became more and more passionate in specific areas in which we felt we could make the most impact and in ways we could help the ones who need it the most, our missing children. Our organization will focus on four major areas of assistance, victim and family support, community effort coordination, public safety and education, and legislation reform. 
Tel: (800) 921-5214  °  Fax: (714) 276-1303
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: April 20, 2010, 01:46:01 AM »

http://www.10news.com/news/23201879/detail.html

Gardner Could Face More Charges With New Info
New Information Could Help Find More Victims Of John Gardner

POSTED: 6:19 pm PDT April 19, 2010
UPDATED: 7:14 pm PDT April 19, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- Although he has pleaded guilty to the murders of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois, John Gardner could be facing more charges.

"Now that they have suspect in custody -- a confessed killer -- now it's easier for them to track back where was he staying and was there anybody in that general area that also came up missing," said Kevin LaChappelle, a former investigator.

Last January, Gardner was pulled over and ticketed for expired license tags on his girlfriend's car in Lake Elsinore at a DUI checkpoint.

Three months earlier, someone tried to kidnap a woman at gunpoint. While a sketch was distributed, San Diego County Sheriff's deputies did not connect it to Gardner, a registered sex offender who was listed in the computer database.

When sheriff's deputies arrested Gardner on suspicion of rape and murder, the search was still under way for Chelsea King. Two days after Gardner was arrested, Chelsea's body was found.

Less than a week later, the remains of Amber Dubois were found. Amber's parents suffered through a year of not knowing, but while the finding of her body was a crushing blow, now they know.

Gardner was sentenced to live in prison without parole, but there's still good reason to close every case possible.

Another family may still be searching for answers or a woman could be living in fear of the man who attacked her.

Some of the case files may be opened to the public after a hearing on Thursday, which could lead to more questions. The file will stay open if new information leads to additional charges.

"Many people think [Gardner is] being locked up for a number of life sentences...but families need closure, if there are any other victims," said LaChappelle.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1533 on: April 20, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d20-Chelsea-King-and-Amber-Dubois-may-not-have-been-John-Gardners-only-victims-says-family-video

Chelsea King and Amber Dubois may not have been John Gardner’s only victims, says family (video)

Posted: April 20, 12:41 AM from Crime -- Examiner--- Cindy Adams

The family of convicted sex offender John Gardner believes he not only killed Chelsea King, 17, and Amber Dubois, 14, but may have harmed others as well.

Last week Gardner pleaded guilty to killing the two teen girls and his relatives are now asking him to “come clean” about any other victims, according to KFMB.

To see photos surrounding Chelsea's case, click here. http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryID=1051961

To see photos of Amber, click here. http://www.examiner.com/ExaminerSlideshow.html?entryID=1051961

Gardner’s family members say they don’t have proof he committed other offenses, however, they have a “gut feeling” regarding his behavior.

Two of his relatives spoke to KFMB on the condition of anonymity and one said “I know there was this dark side to him. I know his anger/temper side. I didn’t see it a lot, but when it came up it was scary. When I saw him angry it made me afraid.”

Another family member, who worked with Gardner last summer, claims he would disappear for days on end. “There were just odd things that would occur, he’d show up at the house wearing pants only. No shoes, no shirt and drenched in sweat, like wondering what’s going on,” said the relative.

KFMB notes that due to a gag order in the case, authorities are unable to announce if Gardner is the focus of any other investigations.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1534 on: April 20, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »

I have made a list of missing in and around that area...as well as sexual assaults.  I noticed A LOT of sexual assaults on Broadway in Escondido...and seemed to run two a day at times...I am not finished looking but I will post it when I am finished.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1535 on: April 21, 2010, 10:13:38 AM »

I have made a list of missing in and around that area...as well as sexual assaults.  I noticed A LOT of sexual assaults on Broadway in Escondido...and seemed to run two a day at times...I am not finished looking but I will post it when I am finished.

BBM
Thank you labubske, your research and efforts are appreciated.    It's just very, very sad the list sounds like it's going to be long  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1536 on: April 21, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »

I wonder why there is still a gag order? He admitted to killing amber and chelsea, why the need for a gag order at this point?
There will be more victims, I have no doubt. I pray to God they get it all out of him. The families need closure that is forsure but you know the other victims need justice. They need to have their stories told. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1537 on: April 21, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »

Aww now I understand why the gag order is still in effect! Thanks Nutt for posting this on Chelseas thread. I can understand their need for privacy, however the details will help the public understand why violent preditors should be kept locked away, people will udnerstand what they are capible of. But you know if this was my daughter I would want it private as well. Prayes for the families, this must be a horrible time for them and some terrible decisions must be made.  an angelic monkey

Slain teen's family wants case details kept secret
The Associated Press

Updated: 04/20/2010 01:20:26 PM PDT

SAN DIEGO—The parents of 17-year-old Chelsea King who was raped and killed by a sex offender say they have hired an attorney to help keep certain case documents secret. Family spokeswoman Sara Muller said Tuesday the action was in response to efforts by the media to obtain records.

The Associated Press and other media have asked the San Diego County Superior Court to lift a gag order barring authorities from discussing the evidence and release records related to search warrants. Chelsea's parents say they want the records sealed to preserve her dignity.

John Gardner pleaded guilty Friday to the murders of Chelsea and 14-year-old Amber Dubois. Chelsea disappeared in February. Her body was found days later. Amber's remains were found in March, more than a year after she disappeared.

http://**/breaking-news/ci_14921799

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: April 22, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »

http://www.10news.com/news/23231422/detail.html

Judge To Consider Lifting Gag Order In Dubois, King Cases

POSTED: 7:37 am PDT April 22, 2010
UPDATED: 7:44 am PDT April 22, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- A San Diego judge Thursday will consider lifting a gag order in the case of a convicted sex offender who admitted raping and killing 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

John Albert Gardner III, 31, pleaded guilty Friday to the rapes and murders of Chelsea, a Poway High senior, and Amber, an Escondido High School freshman.

Attorneys for Chelsea's parents asked San Diego Superior Court Judge David Danielsen on Tuesday for an order to stop the news media from making information contained in court documents about the killings public. Danielsen met privately with attorneys involved in the case, then scheduled a hearing on the issue for Thursday.
Quantcast

According to the King family, attorney Pat Swan will "advocate for suppression of certain documents under victims' rights statutes.

"This action has become necessary in response by some media outlets to obtain the release of all records related to Chelsea's death, which runs counter to the King's family's wishes to honor their daughter's memory, and to allow the community to heal," the Kings stated.

Gardner attacked, raped and killed Chelsea, who disappeared after going for a run Feb. 25 at Rancho Bernardo Community Park. The avid runner and straight-A student's body was found March 2 in a shallow grave near a tributary of nearby Lake Hodges -- not far from Gardner's mother's home.

Gardner admitted attacking King while she was jogging, taking her to a remote area where he raped and strangled her and buried her in a shallow grave.

He also admitted killing Amber Dubois, who vanished Feb. 13, 2009, while walking to Escondido High School. Her skeletal remains were found March 6 in Pala based on what Gardner told authorities.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:24 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Search-Warrants-Sealed-for-Now-91831384.html

Search Warrants Sealed for Now
By PAUL KRUEGER
Updated 11:01 AM PDT, Thu, Apr 22, 2010

Search warrants in connection with the rape and murder of Poway teenager Chelsea King will stay sealed until Monday, a judge ruled Thursday.

John Albert Gardner III will be sentenced for the murders of 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois on June 1 after accepting a plea agreement that removed the possibility of a death sentence for the crimes.

NBC San Diego and other media outlets have filed documents requesting the San Diego County Superior Court lift a gag order barring authorities from discussing the evidence and release records related to search warrants.

In a hearing Thursday, Judge Peter Deddeh heard arguments from attorneys representing the media as well as prosecutors, the Kings' attorneys and lawyers representing the parents of Amber Dubois.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.