March 29, 2024, 04:39:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 567011 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1580 on: April 29, 2010, 09:38:10 AM »

http://www.cbs8.com/

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE: He's confessed to two of the most notorious crimes in San Diego County history. Now, John Albert Gardner talks EXCLUSIVELY to News 8. For the first time, Confessed Killer John Gardner: In His Own Words - Thursday, April 29 on News 8 at 5PM, 6:30PM and 11PM.
Thank-you.  I don't understand why a killer can talk to a news show, and never will. It just doesn't seem right to me at all, and especially to the families 
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1581 on: April 29, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »

I think when you go to jail anyone can come and visit. The prisoner just has to agree to see you. That's must be why they are moving up his hearing date, because in prison you can't get visits from anyone who walks in the door. From the tiny bit I heard it does not sound sincere and I think it will be mostly about " I needed medical help and did not get it" kind of crap.

Can you say "Mommy shopping for a book deal". Number 1 this kid is not smart enough to come up with this on his own. He has anger issues and I'm to believe, just like that he can  calm enough to talk to a reporter.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1582 on: April 29, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »

Let Carrie interview him..
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1583 on: April 29, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »

Let Carrie interview him..

I agree wholeheartedly Edward!!!!!!!!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1584 on: April 29, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

Nobody knows more then Carrie .. She has done more investigating then LE has.
She should insist with the news media involved as he has not even been formally sentanced yet and there could have been others involved and so questions and investigation continues even today.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1585 on: April 29, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE: He's confessed to two of the most notorious crimes in San Diego County history. Now, John Albert Gardner talks EXCLUSIVELY to News 8. For the first time, Confessed Killer John Gardner: In His Own Words - Thursday, April 29 on News 8 at 5PM, 6:30PM and 11PM.

Sounds like to me with all of the previous talk about needing help but couldn't get it, he is throwing mommy under the bus and deflecting some of the responsibilty. Typical. He made the choice that day to kidnap, rape and murder Amber, nobody made that choice for him. If he wanted help, this is California there is help at any hospital.

He needs to answer Carries questions. If she wants to know what happened that day she more then deserves it.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1586 on: April 29, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Plea-Deal-Wasnt-Gardners-Idea-Report-92449524.html

Plea Deal Wasn't Gardner's Idea: Report
Updated 2:20 PM PDT, Thu, Apr 29, 2010

Taking life in prison instead of facing the death penalty was not John Gardner’s idea according to a published report.

Gardner, the man who pleaded guilty to raping and murdering Poway teenager Chelsea King in March and Escondido teenager Amber Dubois in February 2009, told a local television station that he had been willing to go to death row.

Amber’s mother Carrie McGonigle, talked with the North County Times Thursday after listening to seven minutes of a recent telephone interview between Gardner and a reporter with KFMB.

She said Gardner told the reporter that the plea deal that kept him from possible execution was not his idea, but was the brainchild of his attorneys.

McGonigle told North County Times reporter Teri Figueroa that she listened to seven minutes of the interview Wednesday evening.

"I think he's trying to get sympathy, playing the victim," McGonigle said. "But he's not a victim."

McGonigle said a news producer at the station told her Gardner, 31, called the station from jail.

McGonigle said Gardner refused to give details of the crimes during the interview; he said he would only share those details with the family.

Amber, 14, disappeared as she walked to Escondido High School about 7 a.m. on Feb. 13, 2009. Her whereabouts remained a mystery for more than a year.

Then on Feb. 25, 2010, Poway High School senior Chelsea King, 17, disappeared during a run on a trail near Lake Hodges.

Authorities arrested Gardner and charged him with killing Chelsea, whose body was found in a shallow grave near a lake tributary on March 2. He was linked to her slaying through DNA.

After his arrest, Gardner confessed to killing Amber as well and led authorities to a shallow grave in Pala where he had buried her.

He pleaded guilty April 16 to the rapes and murders of both North County teens.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1587 on: April 29, 2010, 06:57:37 PM »

Thanks,Klaas.
He!! is too good for that monster. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1588 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »

McGonigle said Gardner refused to give details of the crimes during the interview; he said he would only share those details with the family.

Good enough.. Carrie ask him..
Where are Ambers belongings ? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1589 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35:46 PM »

John Gardner: In His Own Words, Pt. 1 (with audio recording)

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS Cool - The man who admitted to raping and murdering Chelsea King and Amber Dubois broke his silence in an extended interview with News 8. John Gardner is making stunning allegations and offers new, behind-the-scenes details into his brutal crimes and the plea deal that saved his life.

For more than two hours, News 8 spoke to John Gardner in a recorded telephone interview. We realize this is a very sensitive issue for the families involved, and we did notify them in advance of airing this story.

News 8 got a response from Amber Dubois' mother, and will not be reporting graphic details of the attacks on Chelsea and Amber.

In our interview, Gardner speaks intelligently about the murder case against him, and for the first time he offers to sit down with the families of his victims.

"I was aware of what I was doing, and I could not stop myself. I was in a major rage and pissed off at my whole life and everyone who had hurt me and blew up and hurt the wrong people.

"I hate myself, I really do. There is no taking back what I did, and if I could, yes I would, are you kidding me? But I was out of control. If I was able to stop myself in the middle of it, I would have, and I could not. I was out of control," Gardner said.

Never in our two and a half hour conversation does Gardner go into detail about how he killed his victims. Those answers, he says, will be given only to the girl's families upon their request.

"I'm only answering questions to the family in regards to that stuff, anything involving those two and how things happened and whatever, I will not comment on any of that. I will answer questions to them and them only," he said.

Amber Dubois disappeared on Feb. 13, 2009 at around 7 a.m. as she walked to Escondido High School. Gardner says nothing about his interaction with Amber, but in a passing remark about protecting children by putting more money into schools, he says Amber would still be here if there was a bus schedule.

"If there was a bus schedule still, would amber still be here? Yeah, she would have, if there was a bus, so why don't they put that money toward the schools?" he said.

Gardner would not say if he offered Amber a ride to school. Another question we asked him is if he stalked his victims or if they were picked at random.

"It wasn't about their age with me. I actually didn't go out and look for them. I did not sit and wait for them. I go out and go for walks to calm myself. I'll go for a walk or go for a drive just to calm down," Gardner said.

It's what witnesses say Gardner was doing on Feb. 25, the day he attacked Poway teen Chelsea King near Lake Hodges. DNA tied Gardner to the scene, and he was arrested on Sunday, Feb. 28 for Chelsea's rape and murder. As the search continued for Chelsea's body, Gardner claims he was ready to confess to the murders of both girls.

"On Monday I was trying to get a hold of the attorney, I was going to tell them where she, where Chelsea was, and I was going to tell them where Amber was," he said.

On Tuesday, March 2, search teams found Chelsea's body in a shallow grave. The next day Gardner was arraigned in court for Chelsea's murder.

"As soon as I went to court on Wednesday, I had public defenders in that little box that they always put me in, and when they came after court -- because you have to plead not guilty for some reason to everything before you can even plead guilty, I guess -- I was telling them I just want to plead guilty and want everyone to know how bad that I felt," Gardner said.

Gardner adds that he didn't care if he received the death penalty.

After his arraignment Wednesday, Gardner says he told his public defenders he killed Amber and days later he led investigators to her remains in a remote area of Pala.

"The whole deal of 'Oh we'll take the death penalty off', that was all up on the lawyers and the DA and all that. I told them I don't give a [expletive]. I told them with no promise of taking life off. I had no promises and I showed them where Amber was because I felt bad. I had no promise of any deal when I did that," Gardner said.

But the district attorney says there was an agreement: Gardner taking authorities to Amber's remains would not be held against him in court.

In the following weeks, investigators looked for anything to tie Gardner to the crime scene, but the DA says nothing was found. In the meantime, Gardner says he was becoming increasingly frustrated that Amber's parents had not been told he was the killer.

"They were withholding information of the fact that I showed where she was, and they didn't even let the family know yet. And I was pissed they didn't let the family know.

"The reason why they waited so long to announce anything and to do the plea deal was because they had to give investigators time to try and build a case against me so that they did not have to make a deal. And I said, 'Well that's [expletive]. Let's just go into court and I'll plead guilty and then you guys figure out what you want to do later," Gardner said.

Gardner says he eventually called the state attorney general's office to report everything that was happening behind the scenes.

"I had some issues with what was going on in my case. I was pissed. I was calling the attorney general and they all came down here. My attorneys, both of them, showed up that day that I called the attorney general to report them and they showed up and said, 'What the [expletive] are you doing, blah blah blah. We had the DA call us to tell us to get you to shut the [expletive] up,'" Gardner said.

District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis declined to comment on Gardner's allegations. But former DA Paul Pfingst says Gardner's statements raise major issues.

"It's not the job of the DA to stand between him and law enforcement. It's the job of his defense team, not the prosecution team.

"If John Gardner called up the AG's office and confessed to killing Amber Dubois, and confessed that now he was a serial killer, the chances of him receiving the death penalty would go from high, to extraordinarily high," Pfingst said. "What the public would have to ask is 'Is this what we're having law enforcement do now? Telling serial killers not to talk to us?'"

As far as we know, Gardner never spoke at length with the attorney general's office, and in the end the plea deal went through.

"By accepting this guilty plea, we are obtaining a conviction for the murder of Amber that we would not otherwise have been able to obtain," Dumanis said.

The death penalty was dropped in exchange for Gardner's confession, something Gardner says he was willing to do from the beginning.

"I showed them where everything was. I showed them where [Amber] was before they made a deal," Gardner said.

John Gardner faces life in prison without the possibility of parole, but it doesn't mean he can't face future prosecution.

News 8 asked Gardner if there were any other victims.

"Ha ha, good try," he said.

We showed our full report to Amber's mother Carrie McGonigle in advance of it airing. McGonigle says she does plan on meeting with Gardner in private to get some of her questions answered.

"I was surprised he did an interview so close to sentencing, but he says he'll give us answers and I want answers.

"I find what he says kind of surprising. Like, did he really just want to have the death penalty? He murdered my child, he murdered Chelsea. He could have gotten help, he could have gotten help and he could have come forward, and you know what? Chelsea may still be alive if he would have felt guilty," she said.

Other family members had no comment on our report.

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12401580
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1590 on: April 29, 2010, 09:46:48 PM »

Reading all the docs of the assault he committed in his mother's house which he was sentenced for and registered as a SO, to listen to him now and his laugh when the reporter asks if there are more victims, I do not believe he feels anything, no guilt, no remorse nothing.  It sounds like this is about power to him.  It sounds that he was more mad about them not telling Carrie and Moe than feeling bad about what he did.  IMO he wanted to prove to LE that he was smarter than them and by LE not telling the families it sent him off in a rage as he was not in the spotlight.  I am not believing that he confessed over guilt.  He confessed over power and anger.  You do not grow a conscience overnight.  As Carrie said, he had over a year to feel guilt and all he did was attack two girls after he murdered Amber that we know of.  He tried to pin the assault of the girl in his mother's home to her mother and the poor child he attacked.  He believed that in his mind regardless of how far off the truth it was.  This sounds like the same thing to me.  If Carrie does go meet him she needs to really protect herself as he may be doing this to get his jollies of watching the anguish of others. IF he feels bad why the laugh about more victims?  Why say to the reporter good try?  Why not just answer if he is looking to clear his conscience?  He does not have a conscience to clear IMO. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1591 on: April 29, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »

John Gardner: In His Own Words, Pt. 2

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS Cool - John Gardner says he was never trying to avoid the death penalty, in an exclusive interview with News 8.

Gardner showed remorse for his victims, and thumbed his nose at the death penalty when he spoke to News 8 from his jail cell. And for the first time, we're learning more about the plea deal that saved his life.

News 8 asked Gardner why he admitted to killing Chelsea King and Amber Dubois.

"Why would I drag it out? Why would I put those families through going through court and looking at all the evidence, and having them sit there and having the DA's, my lawyer, throw it up in their face?" Gardner said.

Gardner never goes into detail about how he killed 14-year-old Amber Dubois or 17-year-old Chelsea King, but he does say that as soon as he was arrested for Chelsea's murder he was ready to confess his involvement in Amber's death so her parents could also have closure.

"They sat wondering for a year. It just ate me up every single day. I have nightmares of them, and I'm sitting here feeling all this guilt for so long and it finally just caught up.

"I was telling them that I just wanted to plead guilty and I want everyone to know I have, how bad I felt and everything, and that I tried to get help beforehand," Gardner said.

When District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis came clean about who led investigators to Amber's remains, she said an agreement was made: Gardner shows investigators where the body is, and it won't be held against him in court. Despite more than a month of investigation, Dumanis told reporters they were unable to prove Gardner murdered Amber.

"There was no DNA and no evidence obtained in the search warrants that connected him to Amber's murder," Dumanis said.

But Gardner says all the evidence they needed was already behind bars, waiting to talk. He was willing to confess before the backroom deal was made.

"The whole deal of 'Oh we'll take the death penalty off', that was all up on the lawyers and the DA and all that. I told them I don't give a [expletive]. I told them with no promise of taking life off. I had no promises and I showed them where Amber was because I felt bad. I had no promise of any deal when I did that," Gardner said.

Gardner also claims that a large-scale search at Kit Carson Park in Escondido was a ruse so the media wouldn't find out he was leading detectives to Amber's body near Pala.

"You guys were given a false report to supposedly go to Kit Carson Park, so all of the media was trying to scour over Kit Carson Park when we went up there," he said. "I was en route, I saw your helicopters."

Gardner now faces life in prison, instead of the death penalty, but he's still not convinced that's the best option.

"If I got the death penalty I would be sitting in a single cell for 25 to 30 years before they ever decided to give me the death penalty. Now, with the sentence I have I'm going to be dead within the next five years," he said.

Out of respect for the families, we did tell Chelsea and Amber's parents about our interview with John Gardner. The Kings had no comment, and neither did Amber's father Maurice Dubois. But Amber's mother asked to watch our story before it aired, and gave her reaction.

"I was surprised he did an interview so close to sentencing, but he says he'll give us answers and I want answers," she said. "He said he wanted us to know, why did he wait 13 months? Because he got caught. He could have called the anonymous tip line if he felt so bad and given us some closure. So I found that hard to believe that he felt so bad, because he watched us suffer for a year and I'm sure he watched us."

http://www.cbs8.com/Global/story.asp?S=12401882
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1592 on: April 30, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »

Reading all the docs of the assault he committed in his mother's house which he was sentenced for and registered as a SO, to listen to him now and his laugh when the reporter asks if there are more victims, I do not believe he feels anything, no guilt, no remorse nothing.  It sounds like this is about power to him.  It sounds that he was more mad about them not telling Carrie and Moe than feeling bad about what he did.  IMO he wanted to prove to LE that he was smarter than them and by LE not telling the families it sent him off in a rage as he was not in the spotlight.  I am not believing that he confessed over guilt.  He confessed over power and anger.  You do not grow a conscience overnight.  As Carrie said, he had over a year to feel guilt and all he did was attack two girls after he murdered Amber that we know of.  He tried to pin the assault of the girl in his mother's home to her mother and the poor child he attacked.  He believed that in his mind regardless of how far off the truth it was.  This sounds like the same thing to me.  If Carrie does go meet him she needs to really protect herself as he may be doing this to get his jollies of watching the anguish of others. IF he feels bad why the laugh about more victims?  Why say to the reporter good try?  Why not just answer if he is looking to clear his conscience?  He does not have a conscience to clear IMO. 

You are so right Northernrose, It is all a game to him. Power.. His arogance reeks of ignorance, His moment of fame..
  I am not sure but it looks like anger at his mom.. prolly misdirected anger ??

[size=06pt]Kinda looks like there may be another victim[/size] ??

"If I got the death penalty I would be sitting in a single cell for 25 to 30 years before they ever decided to give me the death penalty. Now, with the sentence I have I'm going to be dead within the next five years," he said.

I can agree with that reasoning.. somebody will get to HIM inside while in open population before 5 years ? Maybe and maybe not. Lets mark the calander.. Monkey Devil!

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1593 on: April 30, 2010, 12:30:27 PM »

I agree that this is totally about power to him. Did anyone else pick up on how young he sounds? He spoke like a teenager instead of a 30 year old man. To my knowledge his mother never appeared in the courtroom at his hearings. I wonder if he is doing these interviews to get back at his mother again? I do not see one ounce of remorse from him. He was just upset that after he got caught, he could not call of the shots. LE was not having it.
piwannaberookie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1594 on: May 01, 2010, 07:59:40 PM »

Sounds like to me with all of the previous talk about needing help but couldn't get it, he is throwing mommy under the bus and deflecting some of the responsibilty. Typical. He made the choice that day to kidnap, rape and murder Amber, nobody made that choice for him. If he wanted help, this is California there is help at any hospital.

He needs to answer Carries questions. If she wants to know what happened that day she more then deserves it.   

very true tracygirl, all gardner had to do was go yell out the streets that he was going to take his own life,, not that I think gardner is suicidal or anything but who knows. If he was depressed/suicidal or wanted help, someone who knew he was could have called police/911, had a cop come up to him and call up an ambulance and he'd be in a mental health facility just like that. He would've been on a 72 hours hold depending on what the doctor had to say about him.

ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1595 on: May 01, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_e38505ff-ad42-59e5-957f-259ccd736496.html

Mommy has visited him 9 times as well as other women. He's working on a groupie following.

I think the only reason that he wants to tell the parents directly is so he can relive the sick fantasy for another 6 months. If he did this out of anger and could not stop himself, who  was it he was killing over and over again? He did not know his victims, and it was out of anger, had to be killing someone.

He must want to be segregated from the other inmates.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: May 01, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_e38505ff-ad42-59e5-957f-259ccd736496.html

Mommy has visited him 9 times as well as other women. He's working on a groupie following.

I think the only reason that he wants to tell the parents directly is so he can relive the sick fantasy for another 6 months. If he did this out of anger and could not stop himself, who  was it he was killing over and over again? He did not know his victims, and it was out of anger, had to be killing someone.

He must want to be segregated from the other inmates.

Thank you for the link ArmChair. I was wondering if mommy had cut him off or not. He can say what he wants, but I think he is killing his mother. Of course he wants to be segregated, he knows he will have to watch his back for the rest of his life, boo hoo! I cannot believe the amount of mentally deficient women out there wanting relationships with these sickos!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1597 on: May 01, 2010, 11:00:17 PM »

You are so right Northernrose, It is all a game to him. Power.. His arogance reeks of ignorance, His moment of fame..
  I am not sure but it looks like anger at his mom.. prolly misdirected anger ??

[size=06pt]Kinda looks like there may be another victim[/size] ??

I can agree with that reasoning.. somebody will get to HIM inside while in open population before 5 years ? Maybe and maybe not. Lets mark the calander.. Monkey Devil!

If we are making bets Edward and they put him in general population, my bet is less than 1 year.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1598 on: May 01, 2010, 11:03:28 PM »

Home / News / National News - North County Times - Californian
REGION: Board releases report on John Gardner
Story Discussion Associated Press | Posted: April 30, 2010 9:17 pm | No Comments Posted | Print

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size Share  SACRAMENTO ---- A state board Friday called for more scrutiny in California's parole system, after examining the case of a convicted sex offender who pleaded guilty to killing two California teenagers.

The California Sex Offender Management Board sent 13 recommendations to Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on how to better protect the public from sexual predators.

The 17-member board focused on the case of John Albert Gardner III and why he was not sent back to prison for parole violations in 2007 and 2008.

Had he been returned to prison, he would have been evaluated for commitment to a state mental hospital as a sexually violent predator.

Gardner pleaded guilty on April 16 to killing 17-year-old Chelsea King and 14-year-old Amber Dubois.

The board of law enforcement officials, victims and treatment providers has said that parole officers should have done a better job watching Gardner. However, they have questioned whether closer scrutiny would have stopped King's murder.

Among the recommendations sent to the governor:

-- The state parole division should decide what parole violations are automatically referred to the state Board of Parole Hearings. Currently, not all parole violations are reported to the parole board.

-- Mandate treatment for designated sex offenders on parole or probation.

-- Pass a law designating so-called "exclusion zones" where certain sex offenders are not allowed. One state lawmaker has authored legislation banning sex offenders from parks. Current state law limits how close sex offenders can live to schools and parks.

-- Rank sex offenders according to their risk of reoffense and dangerousness.

-- Provide more resources to local law enforcement agencies for monitoring registered sex offenders.

-- Require sheriff's and police departments, probation departments, and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to retain records on registered sex offenders for 75 years.

-- Change state law so that mentally ill offenders are referred for commitment when at least two evaluators agree that the person should be committed.

In a statement Friday, Schwarzenegger said he looked forward to reviewing the board's recommendations and "looking at where improvements can be made to make our communities and state even safer from sex offenders."

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and the Office of Inspector General are both conducting internal investigations in the Gardner case.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1599 on: May 02, 2010, 02:23:08 AM »

I am listening to the video right now, his voice sounds different then what I imagined. It is higher and has a touch of feminine qualities. He also sounds so normal, except of the "F" bombs every other word of course.

I have no doubt there are other victims after hearing his laugh when asked if there are any other victims. chilling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.