March 28, 2024, 03:55:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amber Leeanne Dubois #2 (remains found 3/6/10) 1/15/10 - 7/3/13  (Read 566866 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1940 on: November 10, 2010, 06:03:10 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ArmChairAnalysist
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1941 on: November 11, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »

At least once a week I have to drive  Interstate 15 over Lake Hodges and every single time I do I am reminded of what happened there. Last week it was my birthday and when I drove over the lake I was reminded I was another year older, but Chealse and Amber will never be another year older. Because of Gardner!!!!  I'm having a hard time with the fact that he gets to be another year older..... every year. I wish he were dead, I wish he were dead, I wish he were dead.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1942 on: November 12, 2010, 10:55:51 AM »

I will have to agree with that! Oh......and Happy Belated
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:57:31 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1943 on: December 25, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

God Bless you Amber, Merry Christmas

My heart and prayers go out to Ambers friends and family today and always.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1944 on: February 12, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1945 on: February 13, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »

Dear Amber,
Thinking about you today. I am sending many prayers of support to the family and many friends of Amber.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1946 on: February 23, 2011, 10:40:52 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_5640a634-247f-5938-a8ca-9158e0d26ccd.html
REGION: Local lawmakers' legislation runs the gamut
Friday was state Legislature's bill-filing deadline ---- sort of
February 20, 2011

::snipping2::
Assemblyman Paul Cook, R-Yucaipa, whose district includes a slice of Menifee, is sponsoring four bills to beef up sex-offender laws. The package was sought by Moe Dubois, father of abducted, raped and slain Escondido teenager Amber Dubois.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1947 on: April 03, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/article_3498e1fa-c6e7-58b8-aa65-76b0d5f733e2.html
FORUM: Bill would keep better tabs on sexual predators
March 10, 2011

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1948 on: April 03, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/sdcounty/article_d08ea9bf-735d-58df-8fe5-1675757f7bea.html
REGION: Poker run to benefit Team Amber Rescue
March 10, 2011

A poker run in North County, set for Saturday and dubbed Harley Gras Fusion, will benefit Team Amber Rescue and Rock to Stop the Violence, organizers said.

Information about the event, hosted by Biggs Harley-Davidson, can be found at www.biggsh-d.com.
Named after kidnapped and slain Escondido teen Amber Dubois, Team Amber Rescue trains volunteers in search and rescue techniques. Rock to Stop Violence is a community organization dedicated to violence education, prevention and recovery.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1949 on: April 03, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/10/dumanis-announce-mayoral-bid/
San Diego mayor's race begins to take shape
March 10, 2011

The race for mayor heated up Thursday when District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis announced her candidacy and state Sen. Christine Kehoe suggested she may be moving in that direction.
Dumanis maintains some inherent advantages. She’s the only one of those being mentioned that counts the entire city among her constituents.

The longtime officeholder was elected to the Municipal Court bench in 1994, four years before being elected Superior Court judge. Last year, she was frequently in the public spotlight after her office was tasked with prosecuting John Gardner III on charges that he raped and murdered Poway High School student Chelsea King.

Gardner, a registered sex offender, pleaded guilty to her murder, as well as to the 2009 murder of 14-year-old Amber of Escondido. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

Dumanis said among her accomplishments has been bringing together a once-divided District Attorney’s Office while maintaining a 94 percent felony conviction rate, one of the highest in the state. On Thursday, she touted her executive experience overseeing local, state and federal dollars.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1950 on: April 03, 2011, 08:14:59 PM »

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/26/police-department-honors-extraordinary-work/
Police department honors extraordinary work
March 26, 2011

ESCONDIDO — The Escondido Police Department honored more than three dozen public safety employees and citizens for outstanding work in 2010 during the department’s annual awards ceremony Thursday afternoon.

The awards recognized efforts that went beyond the usual responsibilities of public safety officers and volunteers. Extraordinary assistance in curbing gang involvement or transferring a communications center from an old police station to a new one were just some of the reasons for the recognition.
• Exceptional Performance Citation: Detective Albert Estrada led the task force investigating the disappearance of Amber Dubois.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1951 on: April 03, 2011, 08:19:33 PM »

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=amber+dubois
Sheriff's veteran homicide investigator retires
Dennis Brugos handled about 200 murder cases in a 29-year sheriff's career
March 26, 2011
In a 29-year career with the department, he spent about 14 of them working in homicide. In all, he handled about 200 murder investigations.

“There’s nobody more victimized than a homicide victim,” Brugos said. “I’ll stand up for these people because they can’t stand up for themselves any longer.”
Brugos said the hardest part of the job was dealing with victims’ families. That was particularly so last year, he said, when John Gardner III was arrested for the rapes and murders of Chelsea King, 17, of Poway, and Amber Dubois, 14, of Escondido.

“We want to look at ourselves as protectors of society, and we weren’t able to protect these people,” Brugos said. “They were tragically taken from us in a brutal way.”
He said he intends to spend more time with his children and six grandchildren. Brugos also wants to take history and art classes. He paints and draws and has been known to do caricatures of his colleagues.

Brugos said he also may volunteer at a horse-assisted therapy program and the Cabrillo National Monument.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1952 on: April 08, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

Dateline NBC Do you remember the missing California girls, Amber Dubois and Chelsea King? Keith Morrison reports their connected stories this Friday at 9pm/8c...4/8/11

Preview: 'In Broad Daylight'
www.msnbc.msn.com
Amber Dubois vanished in San Diego County, a search turned up nothing. Then, a year later, Chelsea King disappeared in a neighboring town. Were the two connected? Keith Morrison reports on the exhaustive searches and how detectives tracked down their suspect

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1953 on: April 08, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

Dateline NBC Do you remember the missing California girls, Amber Dubois and Chelsea King? Keith Morrison reports their connected stories this Friday at 9pm/8c...4/8/11

Preview: 'In Broad Daylight'
www.msnbc.msn.com
Amber Dubois vanished in San Diego County, a search turned up nothing. Then, a year later, Chelsea King disappeared in a neighboring town. Were the two connected? Keith Morrison reports on the exhaustive searches and how detectives tracked down their suspect

watching it now ....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1954 on: September 22, 2011, 12:43:04 AM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/21/BABP1L7JLJ.DTL&tsp=1
Discovery of Michelle Le's remains brings solace
September 21, 2011

Carrie McGonigle, whose 14-year-old daughter was raped and murdered by a registered sex offender in San Diego two years ago, didn't know what to expect when her yellow Labrador retriever suddenly bolted from her during a search for Michelle Le's body Saturday along a rural path in Alameda County.

It turned out that her 1-year-old dog, whom she named Amber, had found Le's skeletal remains hidden in tall brush, nearly four months after the nursing student disappeared from a Hayward hospital's parking garage.

Now, amid the pain over losing her daughter, McGonigle is finding some solace knowing that she played a part in bringing the 26-year-old San Mateo woman home to her family for a proper burial. A former high school friend of Le's from San Diego, Giselle Esteban, 27, has been arrested and charged with murder.

"I have a tremendous amount of sadness, not only reliving my own tragedy but also for the Le family," McGonigle, her voice breaking, said at a news conference Wednesday in San Diego. "This experience has made me come to terms with my own fear, the fear that I would not be capable of handling an experience like this."

McGonigle formed Team Amber Rescue, a volunteer search group, after her daughter, Amber Dubois, was murdered by registered sex offender John Gardner III. Gardner admitted that he had raped and murdered Amber in 2009 and another San Diego girl, 17-year-old Chelsea King, the following year, and is serving a life sentence.
At about 10:30 a.m. Saturday, McGonigle's team was searching off a dirt path near Pleasanton, between Foothill Road and railroad tracks west of Interstate 680 and north of Verona Road. McGonigle was taking off her dog's leash to attach to her harness when the animal suddenly ran off, returned and jumped on her chest. McGonigle followed the dog and "noticed what could possibly be some sort of remains."

McGonigle said she "praised Amber" and notified a police officer nearby before continuing with the search throughout the day, "not aware of the outcome."

Her dog is being taught how to be a search-and-rescue K9 and has never undergone training to search for bodies, she said. But Amber will now go through cadaver training, she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1955 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/region-chelsea-s-law-escapes-budget-ax/article_d9910adb-7bc3-50d6-ac49-615f933ee253.html
REGION: 'Chelsea's Law' escapes budget ax
By Mark Walker
May 16, 2012

State budget woes apparently won't get in the way of counties fully implementing "Chelsea's Law," a measure that imposes tough requirements on sex offenders.

Gov. Jerry Brown's revised budget released Monday removed a provision that gave counties authority to delay requiring sex offenders on probation to participate in a management program and be under strict monitoring.

State Assemblyman and San Diego mayoral candidate Nathan Fletcher hailed the governor's action. But in a statement released Wednesday, his spokeswoman said more needs to be done to fully implement the law.
The law is named after Poway's Chelsea King, a 17-year-old who in 2010 was kidnapped, raped and murdered by previously convicted sex offender John Albert Gardner III.

Gardner admitted doing the same to 14-year-old Amber Dubois of Escondido a year earlier. He is serving a life prison sentence.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1956 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:07 PM »

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/15/chelseas-law-back-on-track/
Chelsea’s Law back on track
Teen's father, Assemblyman Fletcher lobby for change

By Michael Gardner
May 15, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1957 on: May 23, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »

http://www.myvalleynews.com/story/63978/
AAU hosts second annual Home Run for Chelsea Baseball Tournament
By JP Raineri
May 18th, 2012, Issue 20, Volume 18

ORTH COUNTY – Two years ago, residents from the surrounding areas were stunned and in disbelief when 17-year-old Poway High School senior, Chelsea King, was kidnapped and murdered by Lake Elsinore resident John Gardner, who also admitted to killing 14-year-old Escondido High School freshmen, Amber Dubois, in 2009.

In the wake of their daughter’s death, Chelsea’s parents, Brent and Kelly, launched Chelsea’s Light Foundation. The non-profit organization, according to its Facebook page, "aims to unite and lead people who are passionate about protecting children and inspiring positive change in their communities."

The group has helped organize many events in the teen’s honor and created service scholarships for students. In its first year, the organization awarded $65,000 to college-bound seniors, established a peer counseling program and developed an outreach and support initiative for the victims of sexual assault.

Many patrons are still coming together time and time again to make sure the memory of these young girls stays alive, and for the second year in a row, the event organizers from the local chapter of Southern California’s American Athletic Union (AAU) along with the Chelsea’s Light foundation will be putting on a one-day baseball tournament that will take place on May 20.
In total, more than 1,000 youth will be playing simultaneous baseball on 10 fields with about 65 volunteer umpires.

To find out more information about the upcoming tournament "Home Run for Chelsea" as well as more about the Southern California Amateur Athletic Union, visit the website at www.socalaaubaseball.com. To make a donation to the Chelsea’s Light Foundation, go to www.chelseaslight.org.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1958 on: July 06, 2012, 10:39:19 PM »

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Amber-Dubois-Mother-Confronts-Lost-Girls-Author-161531275.html

Amber Dubois' Mother Confronts 'Lost Girls' Author

Carrie McGonigle, mother of murdered teenager Amber Dubois, came face-to-face Thursday with the author of a new book that details her daughter’s death and the murder of Chelsea King
By Tony Shin, Monica Garske and Lauren Steussy
|  Friday, Jul 6, 2012

The mother of murdered North County teenager Amber Dubois confronted the author of a new book Thursday that details the death of her daughter, as well as the murder of teenager Chelsea King.

Author Caitlin Rother released “Lost Girls” Tuesday, a book detailing the murders of the two local teenage girls. The book was written without the permission of the families and includes a 15-page interview with the man who killed the teens, John Gardner.

Dubois,14, went missing in February 2009. Her remains were not found until March 2010, after Gardner was arrested and questioned following the rape and murder of Poway High School senior Chelsea King. King and Dubois were both kidnapped, raped and murdered by Gardner.

On Thursday, Rother held a book signing at a Barnes & Noble in Mira Mesa. In front of an audience, Rother explained why she wrote the book and took questions from the crowd.

“Let's try to fix these flaws -- the corrections system, the mental health system, the parole system. There were problems with all of them,” Rother told the crowd.

One question came from Amber Dubois’ mother, Carrie McGonigle, who was in the audience.

Earlier on Thursday, McGonigle and Chelsea's father Brent King released a joint statement admonishing Rother for profiting from the book.

“With the publication of an unauthorized new book, our families are being driven backwards at a time when we’re all working so hard to move forward," the two wrote. "We have already been through the most devastating storm of our lives so, although weathering this new one pales, we are deeply hurt."

McGonigle, along with the King family, said at the book signing that she did not want the book written for fear of reopening old wounds.

"I want to know if our system is still failing us when it comes to John Gardner,” McGonigle asked Rother at the book signing.

Rother interviewed Gardner in prison and McGonigle believes prison officials broke the rules by allowing it without a glass partition.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1959 on: July 09, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/09/tp-honor-for-slain-girls-stalls-in-legislature/
HONOR FOR SLAIN GIRLS STALLS IN LEGISLATURE
July 9, 2012

A few months after the conviction of John Gardner for the rape and murders of Chelsea King and Amber Dubois in 2010, it was suggested that two highway segments be named in the girls’ honor.

The county Board of Supervisors passed a resolution urging the Legislature to approve naming the Interstate 15 bridge over Lake Hodges “The Chelsea King Memorial Bridge,” and a segment of state Route 78 near the San Diego Zoo Safari Park as “Amber Dubois Highway.”

Chelsea, 17, of Poway, was killed on the banks of Lake Hodges. Amber, 14, of Escondido, loved animals.

It was thought that Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher of San Diego would push the legislation through. Nothing happened, however, and apparently nothing will.

Fletcher’s office said the focus has been and continues to be getting the various provisions of Chelsea’s Law passed and strengthened. The law, authored by Fletcher, includes enhanced sentencing for predators who commit forcible sex crimes against children.

The highway designations and the accompanying memorial signs never came to be.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.