April 25, 2024, 04:32:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haylee Donathan 3 missing 5/28/09 Crestline, OH (FOUND SAFE)  (Read 46810 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: June 09, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »

Alert Issued For Missing Girl, 3
Updated: Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:07 AM

Authorities Issue Alert For Missing 3-Year-Old
By Angie Hissong
Published: June 9, 2009

CRESTLINE, Ohio – Authorities issued an endangered missing child advisory for 3-year-old Haylee Elizabeth Jade Donathan late Monday.

NBC 4 reported with the FAST FACTS.

Authorities in Crestline issued the advisory for Haylee at about 10 p.m. While an Amber Alert is not in effect, the child is believed to be in danger.

Haylee was seen last in Crestline Thursday, May 28.

She was with her mother, Candace K. Watson, and her mother’s boyfriend, Robbi Douglas Potter.

Potter is a Tier 3 sex offender. He recently was released from prison and was living at a halfway house after being convicted of sexual battery with a minor.

Potter has warrants out for his arrest.

Authorities said they believe Watson and Potter are together, possibly at a private campground in the Central Ohio area.

Haylee is a white female who is 2 feet 5 inches tall. She weighs 37 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

She was seen last wearing a white T-shirt with Minnie Mouse on the front and light purple shorts.

Potter, 27, is a white male who is 6 feet tall. He weighs about 200 pounds and has short, straight, brown hair. He has a beard and blue eyes.

He has a tattoo of a dream catcher and an angel on his left arm and a cross with angels and clouds and the name Naomi on his right arm.

Watson, 24, is a white female who is 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighs 170 pounds. She has shoulder-length, straight, brown hair.

The couple was believed to be driving a 1988 blue or black Chevy pick-up truck with a 30-day tag of Q645916 or Ohio license plate CKX6248 or EKB3855.

Anyone with information on Haylee, Watson or Potter’s whereabouts was asked to contact the Crestline Police Department at 419-683-2222 or your local authorities.
http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/state_regional/article/endangered_missing_advisory_alert_issued/16473/

Haylee Donathan

Robbi Potter

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:41:19 PM »

Sexual offender Robbi Potter accused of taking 3-year-old girl Tuesday
June 09, 2009, 7:49 AM

Crestline police issued a statewide missing child alert last night as they searched for a sexual offender who is traveling with a 3-year-old girl and her mother. As a condition of his parole, he is barred from being with children.

The mother is with him willingly.

Robbi Douglas Potter, 27, Candace Watson, 24, and Haylee Donathan were last seen May 28.

Potter, convicted of sexual battery of a minor, was recently released from prison and is on parole. He was living at a halfway house in Richland. He may have driven the mother and child to a campground in his dark-colored 1988 Chevrolet pickup truck with expired temporary tag Q 645 916. He has also used Ohio plates CKX 6248 and EKB 3855.

Potter has tattoos of a dreamcatcher and angel on his right arm and a cross, angel, clouds and "Naomi" on his left arm.

Anyone with information is asked to call 419-683-2222 or 9-1-1.
http://www.cleveland.com/crime/index.ssf/2009/06/a_missing_child_alert_was.html

MOMMY
http://i42.tinypic.com/2e14qp1.jpg
Candace K. Watson

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 09:50:41 PM »

it never ever ends...sigh....
desperado mothers bringing their children around sex offenders..what is wrong with these people??

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/121181
Haylee Donathan - Another Three Year Old Missing
Posted on June 9th, 2009
by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture
<snip>
She was last seen on May 28th in Crestline Ohio in Crawford County. Reports are that she was with her mother, Candace Watson and Robbi Potter. Now normally this wouldn’t seem to be a problem but authorities seems to think Haylee could be in danger according to the Ohio Missing Children Clearinghouse.

Investigators have discovered that Potter is a Tier III sex offender that had recently been released from prison and placed on parole. He has been living at a halfway house after he was convicted of sexual battery with a minor. Potter’s parole condition includes that he is barred from being with children. Now they have issued a warrant for this man’s arrest.

According to Crestline police, Candace Watson is fully aware of Potter being a convicted sex offender and she went off with him willingly, she has not been forced to go.

Potter is believed to be together with Watson and little Haylee at a private campground in Central Ohio but is thought to be heading towards the west coast.. They were last seen driving around in a blue or black 1988 Chevrolet pickup truck with Ohio plates CKX 6248 or EKB 3855 or with an expired temporary tag number Q 645 916which has been expired since November 2008. Watson is known for using different license plates on the vehicle.

The mother, Candace Watson is described as 24 years old with brown shoulder length hair, 5 ft 1 in tall and weighs about 170 lbs.

Potter is said to be 27 years old with short brown hair. He is 6 ft tall and he weighs about 200 lbs. He does have tattoos on both arms. On the right arm he has a dream catcher and angel. Then on his left arm he has tattoo’s of a cross, angel, clouds and the name Naomi.

Haylee is three years old and she has brown shoulder length hair and blue eyes. She weighs about 37 lbs.

I pray that this little girl is ok with her mother but I fear for her being with a sex offender. Being around him can’t lead to anything good.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »

Police Officer from Crestline said last night on Nancy Grace that they have information that they have been in Colorado. They should have put out the alert for further that just Ohio. I don't think it was ever an amber alert, just a child in danger. WTH???? They had been gone 11 days as stated by the grandmother on NG.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »

My understanding is that there is no Amber alert since the child is with the mother who has custody.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:47:27 PM »

Why do these "mothers" (using the term loosely) choose to be with S.O. when apparently S.O.'s seem to prefer children?  Do they seriously think they are going to "win them over"?  I just can't even wrap my head around their thought process. 

How much longer until a bill gets passed prosecuting the "mother's" that knowingly put their children in danger.  If nothing else, can't they be charged with child endangerment? 

It is horrible enough when children go missing at the hands of these creeps, but there is just something so much worse when their own "mothers" could have prevented it.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »

Escaped felon pursued nationwide
Tier III sex offender believed to be with 4-year-old Crestline girl, mother
By MARK CAUDILL • News Journal • June 10, 2009

CRESTLINE — A sex offender who might be with a 4-year-old Crestline girl apparently had help escaping from the Mansfield Volunteers of America.

“He (Robbi Potter) got away either last Wednesday evening or Thursday morning and had assistance from a resident, possibly two residents, and two other individuals at the adjoining apartment complex,” Richland County sheriff’s Capt. Eric Bosko said.

Bosko was speaking on behalf of the Richland County division of the Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force, which has become involved in Potter’s case. He declined to release the names of people who've been arrested in connection with the case. They will be charged with aiding and abetting escape, possibly today.

Potter could be with Candace Watson, 24, and her daughter, 4-year-old Haylee Donathan, both of Crestline. Crestline police Chief Tim McClaran characterized Potter and Watson a couple.

Police issued a national alert in the case early Tuesday morning. The case was featured on CNN’s “Nancy Grace” at 8 p.m. Tuesday night.

Potter, 27, was released from prison May 28 to the custody of one of the state's halfway houses for sex offenders, the Mansfield Volunteers of America, at 280 N. Main St. In December 2006, he was sentenced to three years in prison for two counts of sexual battery and one of interference with custody. The sexual battery included two victims, one of whom Potter took across state lines, resulting in the interference charge. Bosko said the victims were aged 10 and 11.

Potter is a Tier III sex offender, the most serious designation.

Potter, Watson and Haylee were last seen in Crestline. Mary Watson filed a report with Crestline police after her daughter didn’t arrive at her Mansfield residence as expected. She hasn’t spoken to Candace since May 31.

“It feels like I’m ready to die,” Mary Watson said. “I’m just so worried ... it’s just devastating.”

McClaran said Potter and Candace Watson had known each other only a few days before they left. Authorities initially suspected they were headed to a campground somewhere in central Ohio. McClaran said Tuesday he now thinks they could be headed to Colorado. He declined to give a reason, citing the ongoing investigation.

Bosko said Potter and Watson met through the VOA. Authorities are still piecing together the details.

In addition to the national alert, police issued two warrants for probation violations for Potter. Along with his state case, he is on federal probation for a bank robbery.

Police could not issue an Amber Alert even though they think Haylee could be in danger.

“It doesn’t meet the criteria. It’s not an abduction,” McClaran said. “They were to go camping. (Watson) went willingly with this guy, and she has sole custody.”

Family members tried to warn Watson about Potter after discovering his criminal background.

“She didn’t want to believe it,” said Maryanne Berry, Watson’s aunt, adding Potter told Watson one of his previous victims was 17.

Berry said the family fears foul play.

“We don’t know if he figured out that she (Candace Watson) knew and something went bad,” she said. “He just got out (of prison). He might have been concerned about going back.

“This is not like her, not to at least contact the family and let us know she’s all right. Our main concern is Haylee.”

Haylee is 2-foot-5 and weighs 37 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes.

“She’s a very happy child,” Mary Watson said tearfully. “She’s into ballet and loves being around other kids. She loves her Ma-maw and her Pa-paw to death.”

Candace Watson is 5-foot-1 and weighs 170 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes.

Potter is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes. He may be driving a 1988 blue or black Chevrolet pickup with Ohio license plate Q645916.

Anyone who sees Potter, Watson and Haylee should call 9-1-1. People with information on the case are asked to call the U.S. Marshals Service Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force tipline at 866-4-WANTED, the local task force at 419-774-3930 or the Crestline Police Department at 419-683-2222.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090610/NEWS01/906100317&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 01:28:40 PM »

Ok seriously, they cant issue an amber alert but feel this child is in danger.....why?....probably because she is with a sex offender!!....well then what the heck were they thinking only having him serve THREE YEARS when his victims were 10 & 11 years old!!!!!  Oh, I am irrate right now! 

Shame on whoever let this freak out of prison so soon....even if Haylee is found unharmed, I still think this is just ridiculous!!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »

Missing: Haylee Donathan, 3 years old, with sexual offender
June 10, 2:43 AM · 5 comments
5 commentsShareThisFeed             

3 year old Haylee Donathan is in the accompaniment of sexual predator Robbi Porter. She is 2'5" tall and weighs 37 pounds. Last seen wearing a white tee shirt with Minnie Mouse on front and purple shorts that say "Sweet" on front.

Haylee Donathan is 3 years old and hasn’t been seen since May 28, 2009. The child is in the companionship of her mother, Candace Watson age 24, and registered sexual offender Robbi Douglas Potter, age 27. Candace Watson allegedly met the sexual offender, Robbi Potter while he was in jail for sexual battery of a minor. He served less than three years for his crime and within hours of being released, disappeared with Watson and her 3-year-old daughter, Haylee Donathan. Now, Crestline, Ohio police believe that Haylee’s life is in extreme danger and they are asking the public’s help in finding her.

Robbi Potter is not allowed to be around children and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. It is believed that Potter met Watson only several days before the three left for a supposed camping trip in the in Delaware County, Ohio. Candace Watson’s grandmother states that she received a phone call from Watson on May 31, 2009, but no one has seen or heard from her or Haylee Donathan since. When Watson spoke with her grandmother she told her that they would be back from the trip a week ago. They never returned and no one has heard from them. Authorities believe that the trio might be headed as far away from Ohio as Arizona or Colorado.

Though Robbi Potter had been charged for sexual battery on a minor, he has a rather extensive rap sheet that includes charges that were dismissed. In 2002, Potter was charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, that charge was ultimately dismissed. He faced two sexual battery charges in 2005, one charge of interference with custody, and was serving three years on three counts of sexual battery form 2002. Authorities state that Robbi Potter has served time in both federal and local prisons and jail.

No Amber Alert has been issued in the case because Haylee Donathan’s mother is traveling with them; she has legal custody. Authorities, however, want to emphasize that the child is in extreme danger, even though there has been no Amber Alert.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12837-US-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m6d10-Missing-Haylee-Donathan-3-year-old-with-sexual-offender

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 01:50:32 PM »

Prayers for this child, I hope they find her soon. We should tatoo these SO, that way they can't say it was only this, or only  that.

My god they are somewhere between Ohio and everywhere else...
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »

Longtime Friend Of Missing Mother Hopes For The Best
originally posted on: 6/10/2009 2:13:30 PM

Samantha Covert is the roomate of Candace Watson and says they grew up as neighbors when Watson was 8-years-old and she was about 14-years-old.

The two shared a home at 408 North Wiley Street in Crestline. Covert reported Watson missing to police after she didn't return home after she said she was going on a weekend camping trip.

She says Watson never mentioned Robbi Potter to her, which she feels is unusual.

Law enforcement authorities says Potter and Watson has known each other only a few days before they left town. The two reportedly met through the Volunteers of America.

http://www.wmfd.com/newsboard/single.asp?Story=36359

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 08:59:02 AM »

Pair accused of helping sex offender flee
By MARK CAUDILL • News Journal • June 11, 2009

MANSFIELD -- A 4-year-old Crestline girl's father and uncle might have placed her in danger.

Authorities believe Haylee Donathan could be with her mother, Candace Watson, 24, and Robbi Potter, 27, a sex offender who recently fled from the Volunteers of America halfway house, North Main Street, Mansfield.

Crestline police Chief Tim McClaran said Watson and Potter are a couple.

A national alert has been issued as authorities from across the country are involved in a search for the pair and the child.

Richland County sheriff's Capt. Eric Bosko said authorities still are trying to piece together the relationship between Potter and Watson. Bosko, who would not speculate on their whereabouts, declined to comment on a report the couple made an ATM transaction in Colorado.

James Donathan, 24; Cyle Watson, 21; and Nicole Kirkpatrick, 20, were arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of helping Potter abscond from the VOA. They were charged with complicity to escape.

Richland County Sheriff Steve Sheldon said authorities also have an arrest warrant for a fourth person in connection with the escape.

Potter was released from prison April 16 to the custody of the VOA. He absconded May 28.

In December 2006, Potter was sentenced to three years in prison for two counts of sexual battery. He received probation for one count of interference with custody.

The sexual battery included two victims, one of whom Potter took across state lines, resulting in the interference with custody charge. The previous victims were 10 and 11, police said.

Potter is a Tier III sex offender, the most serious designation. Upon his release from prison, he must register with the county sheriff wherever he lives every 90 days for life.

Police issued two warrants for probation violations for Potter.

In addition to the state case, Potter is on federal probation for a bank robbery. Authorities could not issue an Amber Alert because Watson willingly went with Potter. The case is not considered an abduction.

In a national news report, Mary Watson, the mother of Cyle and Candace and the grandmother of Haylee, said Cyle called her from Richland County Jail on Tuesday night to say he had been arrested. In August 2006, Cyle was sentenced to three years in prison for rape. He also was given five years probation for attempted rape.

Watson was released from prison, but violated probation. He was sentenced April 27 to continued probation with additional sanctions, including a stint at the VOA.

According to Mary Watson, Cyle said he and Potter recently were outside the VOA for recreation. She said Cyle was talking to Donathan, who lives in the adjacent apartment building. Kirkpatrick is his girlfriend. Mary Watson said Donathan called her daughter to help Potter find a place to stay.

Potter absconded from the VOA between 6 and 7 a.m.

"You can exit," Bosko said of the treatment facility. "It's secure. You can't just walk in."

VOA officials notified authorities immediately when they discovered Potter was missing.

"Volunteers of America has worked for nearly two decades in the Mansfield area to provide rehabilitation services to formerly incarcerated individuals," said Megan Ericson, communications manager of the Volunteers of America of Greater Ohio. "The safety of those in the communities we serve has and continues to be our utmost concern."

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20090611/NEWS01/906110308

Okay, well that is bass-ackwards    

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »

This story is a bit confusing. The father, his current girlfriend and uncle of the little girl helped Potter escaped, so he could take off with the little girl and the mom? So was the dad setting this up and the mom AND daughter are  possible victims? Am I understanding this right?
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:44 PM »

Leroy, thanks for all the info.
Tracygirl, I had the same question. This article is short but clearer on that point.

CRESTLINE, Ohio — Three people have been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a 4-year-old girl believed to be with a registered sex offender.
Haylee Donathan was last seen last week in Crestline, and police believe the girl is with her mother and convicted sex offender Robbi Potter, who escaped from a halfway house in Richland County, 10TV News reported.

Investigators told 10TV News on Wednesday that Haylee's father James Donathan, her uncle Cyle Watson and Nicole Kirkpatrick have been charged with helping Potter escape from the halfway house.
Investigators were also checking possible leads in the Phoenix, Ariz., area Wednesday, after receiving tips Haylee may be there.
http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/06/11/haylee.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=102

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

Nationwide Search Under Way For Missing Girl
Thursday,  June 11, 2009 12:29 PM
Video
Print Story
E-mail Story
CRESTLINE, Ohio — A nationwide search was under way for a missing 4-year-old Crawford County girl who may be with a registered sex offender, 10TV News reported Thursday.

Haylee Donathan was last seen on May 28 in Crestline, Ohio. Police believe the girl is with her mother and Robbi Potter, a registered sex offender who escaped from a halfway house in Richland County.

Investigators told 10TV News on Wednesday that Haylee's father, James Donathan, and her uncle Cyle Watson, have been charged with helping Potter escape from the halfway house.

A woman, Nicole Kirkpatrick, also faces charges in connection with Potter's escape.

Investigators were checking possible leads near Phoenix, Ariz., after receiving tips that Haylee may be there, 10TV News reported.

The Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force is handling the search.

"I'm a father myself and I can just imagine the fear in this girl, so we're not going to stop, we're going to keep going until we get her back safely," said Assistant Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Drew Deserto.

Deserto said they are willing to speak with Potter and Haylee's mother to arrange a 'safe surrender.'

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for continuing coverage.
http://tinyurl.com/kpvoq4

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

So the mom left willingly and the her ex, his new girlfriend, a brother/uncle all helped the man escape? WTH??? I don't think my ex would walk across the room to give me a glass of water if I was choking, why would this ex help to arrange for his ex and his daughter to be with this sex offender? Was he setting this up to get rid of both? I am 

Do you think this has anything at all to do with the Neveah case? May 28th??? ARe the 2 places close by?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »

I also had heard earlier on the news...HLN radio station that the named uncle in the articles was in the half way house with this Potter guy and that the uncle is also a sex offender! which I thought that would either be the mother's or the father's brother? that is what I heard...not sure how accurate..but I thought, oh great! this little girl had no chance of being protected from either parent! all she had was grand ma...poor baby...they need to take her away from this family once she is found...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 05:38:08 PM »

I also had heard earlier on the news...HLN radio station that the named uncle in the articles was in the half way house with this Potter guy and that the uncle is also a sex offender! which I thought that would either be the mother's or the father's brother? that is what I heard...not sure how accurate..but I thought, oh great! this little girl had no chance of being protected from either parent! all she had was grand ma...poor baby...they need to take her away from this family once she is found...

Cyle Watson is the mothers brother....right?

Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Cyle Watson is the mothers brother....right?

I read the sperm donor lived next door and the uncle and his squeeze worked at the 1/2way house -- so this little angels flesh and blood put her in the hands of a teir III SO? 

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.