April 28, 2024, 12:59:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry Shaw Missing since 5-28-10 Birmingham, AL(Found Deceased)  (Read 8335 times)
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« on: June 01, 2010, 10:33:34 PM »

My uncle in law, Larry Shaw, has been missing since May 28, 2010.  I am linking his poster.

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/ShawLarry.pdf

Larry was in remission from cancer.  He has been for a while.  From what I understand his cell phone and wallet were left in his car. 

Texas Equusearch is searching tomorrow, June 2, 2010.  The area he went missing in is about 80 acres.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »

Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »

Still no updates.  I can't even find anything on the internet other than this site and TE.  They ran a video on the news this weekend but that was it. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »

Such a handsome man. I hope he is found safe and soon! You are lucky to have TES helping out. My thoughts are with them today as they search.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 01:21:55 PM »

I live in Birmingham and not too far from Hueytown.  I have not heard one word about this on any of the local news stations.  Hueytown is a pretty small close knit community.  Are there any more details?  Missing in 80 acres?  Like in a field?  Hopefully there will be more in the news today.  I am going to go check local paper and news websites.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »

I haven't heard anything about this up here in Northeast Alabama, either.  Please post any updates and searxh results.  I hope he is found soon and think he could be ill somewhere.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:52 PM »

That is my frustration as well.  My mom told me that they had drained a pond but didn't find him.  He was at his mother's that morning and when she came back his car was still there and all of his stuff was in it.  She also said TE will start searching at 8:00 in the morning.  She also said that he had walked up to the lake that morning for about an hour. 
He had a pain block done on Thursday and seemed okay.  That is really all I know.  Please keep his family in your prayers.  I cannot believe that nothing is posted!  I am sure people would volunteer, I know I would.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 09:26:47 AM »

I was surprised with Texas Eq. being involved and their connection with the search for Natalee that the news didnt report they were here searching for another person.  Is the 80 acres they are searching his mom's property?  Is foul play suspected?  I can't find anything on this and yes, if volunteers were requested people would show up.
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 07:01:54 AM »

Nothing found today.  TE is sending divers in.

He went missing from his mother in law's house.  It is still frustrating that there has been no media attention but with the news with Natalee Holloway and all of the other "big item" stories in Bham recently I am assuming this is why nothing has been reported.

If you go to myfoxal.com or abc3340.com the top searches are Larry Shaw, Long Lewis Ford salesman missing so at least the word is getting out through our emails. 

Sorry to update late but we have a big trial going out at work and I haven' been on much.

Prayers that he is found today.
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »

They just found his body in the lake, per my mother
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 08:39:57 PM »

I'm so sorry.  Is there any foul play indicated?  Praying for you and all his family.
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »

I am not sure.  He was a good swimmer and loved to fish.  I know he dealt with alot of pain following a car accident a while back.  You can see the scars on his face.  My mom spoke to him the day before and he seemed fine, nothing out of the norm. 
He had a pain block the day before but those are just epidurals and I don't think that would impair him. 

Still nothing on the internet but it was on Fox 6 news last night. 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »

I just can't imagine what happened.  I just hope he didn't have to suffer with no help around.  Sorry to be so grim but it seems like he'd been through quite a bit.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

Located Deceased: Larry Shaw, 58 Yrs., Hueytown, AL, 05/28/10
Posted on 01. Jun, 2010 by smckinney in Active Cases, Featured Articles, Located Persons, Memorials, Missing Persons

06/04/10 — We are very sad to report that Larry Shaw has been located deceased. We want to thank the Hueytown Police and Fire Department, as well as all of our volunteers who participated in this very difficult search. Please keep Mr. Shaw’s family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time.

06/01/10 — Texas EquuSearch was contacted by Mr. Shaw’s family, along with the Hueytown Police Department, requesting our assistance. We are sending a team to Hueytown tomorrow morning, June 2, 2010, to begin our search. If you are currently a member, and live in Alabama, please contact our office at (281) 309-9500 if you are available to volunteer.

06/01/10 — Larry Shaw, age 58, was last seen on Friday, May 28, 2010, around 11:00 a.m. in the area of Virginia Drive, Hueytown, AL. Larry was last seen wearing navy blue dress pants, beige golf shirt with Long Lewis Ford on the left breast. Mr. Shaw has a scars on his right cheek, right arm and around his neck. Please call if you have any information.
http://texasequusearch.org/2010/06/missing-larry-shaw-58-yrs-hueytown-al-052810/

How very sad Sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
obi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

I hope I have this info correct.  For those who want to see the area, the address where his car was is 3681 Virginia Dr .. his inlaws place.  The small lake (or large pond) is behind and you go down to it.  Very hilly back there.  Google Earth has a 2002 satellite photo.  I think Mapquest might have a newer pic.
Lucky777
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

Yes, thats the place.  It is his mother in laws.  Funeral is tomorrow.  Really don't have anymore answers than last week. 

Not sure what to think....suicide, foul play, accident.......
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.