March 28, 2024, 04:54:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daisja Weaver 9 mos. missing 6/10/09 Dallas TX- Deceased/Dad convicted  (Read 27479 times)
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »

Jun 15, 2009 12:23 pm US/Central Affidavit:
Affidavit: Baby's Dad Threw Her Body Into Lake

According to court documents, the mother of missing nine-month-old Daisja Weaver says the baby's father dumped the child's body into Lake Lewisville the day after she died.

Dallas police arrested Alandus Weaver on Saturday and charged him with tampering with evidence in the case.

Late Monday morning, police arrested the baby's mother and charged her with the same crime.

According to the arrest warrant affidavit filed by Dallas police, the child's mother, Tamaira Creagh, told detectives that Weaver regularly looked after the child while she was at work.

According to the affidavit:  Creagh said on June 8, Weaver picked her up from work, but the child was not with him that day.  Creagh asked Weaver where the baby was, and he said he had bathed the child and left her home alone.  When they arrived back at their apartment, Creagh told police, she found the child's lifeless body wrapped in a towel on the floor. 

The affidavit says that when Creagh asked Weaver what had happened to the child, he became threatening and violent towards her.  She tried to call police, it says, but he stopped her and told her they had to "stick together" and tell police the child had been kidnapped.

According to the affidavit, Creagh told police that after Weaver picked her up from work the following day he drove her to Lewisville Lake, stopped on a bridge, tied a sandbag to the baby's body and dropped it in the lake.

The affidavit says that Creagh told police throughout the incident she was afraid of what Weaver might do to her because she is six months pregnant with his child.

The affidavit does not mention how the child died.

Police searched Lewisville Lake Sunday and again Monday, but have not yet found a body

We interviewed Weaver and Creagh on Friday.  At that time, they said they were frustrated with the investigation.  "We're not getting help from the detectives that were assigned to us," Creagh said.  "We have to do the investigation ourselves."

Also during that interview, Weaver said, "Please, I just really need help trying to find my daughter."

(© MMIX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs11tv.com/local/amber.alert.weaver.2.1045185.html

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 03:19:18 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »

I've changed Daisja's thread title to indicate she is likely deceased.  I will wait to see if her little body can be found before moving the thread.  I think many reading here felt there wasn't going to be a good ending to this case.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »

It says in that last article that "she was six months pregnant with his child"  was he not the father of Daisja as well.  I'm confused.

Poor Daisja.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »

I've changed Daisja's thread title to indicate she is likely deceased.  I will wait to see if her little body can be found before moving the thread.  I think many reading here felt there wasn't going to be a good ending to this case.    
Very sad, but true, I had felt the mother was lying.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39:03 PM »

It says in that last article that "she was six months pregnant with his child"  was he not the father of Daisja as well.  I'm confused.

Poor Daisja.

I am not sure who Daisja's father is....i assumed it was this same guy but now i'm not sure.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 03:40:57 PM »

Very sad, but true, I had felt the mother was lying.

Me too NoRose.  Klaas and Nut both called it after seeing her interview early on. 

I was hoping for better news for this precious child   

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »

Mom of missing 9-month-old says girl's body was dumped in Lake Lewisville

--snipped---

From the beginning, investigators have expressed skepticism about the reported kidnapping, saying that the parents provided conflicting accounts.

As early as Wednesday – hours after the purported kidnapping, detectives read both parents Miranda warnings advising them of their rights to remain silent, according to the newly released affidavit.

But police released the parents as witnesses and continued combing the area with dogs in hopes of finding the child.

On Saturday, detectives met again with Creagh, who was accompanied by an attorney.

Police say she told them Weaver picked her up from work on June 8, and told her that the baby was home alone. He said he had given the child a bath.

When they arrived home, Creagh told investigators, she found the baby on the floor naked, wrapped in a towel. The baby had no heartbeat and was cold, she said.

The mother said Weaver performed CPR on the baby for nearly 30 minutes without success. When she asked Weaver what happened to the child, she told police, he became threatening and violent.

She said he told her they had to stick together and report that the baby had been kidnapped. The following day after she got off work, she said, Weaver made her drive to Lake Lewisville with him. He stopped at a bridge and dropped the girl into the lake.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/crime/stories/061609dnmetmissingbaby.827b648b.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »

terrible terrible! I knew right away that she was lying too!
this baby didn't have a chance...poor baby..
but then to throw her tiny body into the lake??? why not call 911? also, I heard on HLN that they didn't even throw the baby's body into the lake until the next day when the dad was driving the mom to work! the baby's body must have lain on that floor all night...cold and alone...I am pissed...
they need to take her unborn baby away the moment the baby is born...jmo

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

Mom: Baby was tossed from Lewisville Lake bridge

02:30 PM CDT on Monday, June 15, 2009

Video search at link
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa090615_wz_missingchild.82a80f0a.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 01:58:29 AM »

What a horrible story. This poor little baby was a blessing for her family. I am sorry they were too ignorant to see that. Everything she says now is a lie to cover the fact they killed this poor little angel, most likely because she was not what they considered perfect. In death they didn't even have proper respect for her by throwing her little body over a bridge into the water. They couldn't even bury her, just threw her over like a piece of trash. They are trash and I hope they both rot in prison never to see the light of day!
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »

Yep...18 w/ a "missing" 7-9 mo. old who was born premature and is physically challenged and pregnant with another one. I better shut up now 

NUT - I hate to say it but I just watched the video of the mom and I just don't believe her.  I know I'm a bit jaded but I don't.  I think something happened to the baby by accident and she panicked.

Nor me- this just doesn't pass the sniff test and the mother is very unconvincing.
I think she has been watching too much daytime TV drama.
The real story will follow........
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 01:26:20 PM »

Search For Missing Texas Infant Continues

DALLAS (June 16, 2009)—Teams from a number of agencies were searching an area around an Interstate 35 bridge over Lake Lewisville Tuesday for the body of 9-month-old Diasja Weaver, who police now think as killed and then dumped into the lake.

Documents released Monday say infant’s mother, who originally reported that the girl had been kidnapped, recanted and told investigators the baby's father dumped the dead infant into Lewisville Lake.

Tamaira Creagh, 19, was arrested on a charge of tampering with evidence.

But Creagh's attorney, Roderick White, told Dallas-Fort Worth television station KDFW that law enforcement personnel have erroneously made Creagh a suspect, "as opposed to the victim and witness that she actually is."

The baby's father, Alandus Weaver, 20, was arrested over the weekend on a charge of tampering or fabricating evidence to hinder an investigation.

Police issued an Amber Alert and began searching for little Daisja Weaver on Tuesday after her mother reported a man broke into her apartment, tried to sexually assault her then took the baby.

During a meeting with detectives Saturday, Creagh had a different story about the baby.

She said she left the girl in Weaver’s care and returned to find her wrapped in a blanket, cold and not breathing.

She said they dumped the body into the lake the next day, but family members don’t believe that’s what happened and think the baby is still alive.

Creagh and Weaver remained in custody Tuesday.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/48161737.html

Wonder why the family thinks she is still alive?....wishfull thinking maybe???

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 01:30:43 PM »

Family believes missing baby is still alive

12:18 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/county-denton/stories/wfaa090616_lj_missingchild.877fa54d.html

---for some reason I'm having a hard time copying this article
I've posted it for you Leory.  Thank you for bringing it here.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:36:31 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 01:35:42 PM »

Posting this for Leroy:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/county-denton/stories/wfaa090616_lj_missingchild.877fa54d.html
Family believes missing baby is still alive

12:18 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 16, 2009
By JONATHAN BETZ / WFAA-TV

Police records show that a mother who reported her baby missing last week now admits to tossing her infant daughter over the Lewisville Lake bridge.

The search for the small body of Diasja Weaver continued Tuesday, with teams from multiple agencies expanding their scope beyond an area around the Interstate 35E bridge that was their focus on Monday.

Relatives of the infant said they still believe she is alive. The Weaver family is standing by Alandus Weaver, despite mounting evidence the 20-year-old had something to do with his young daughter's disappearance.

"I just don't believe it. I don't have a feel for it, my grandbaby somewhere around here, she's somewhere," said the child's grandfather, Alandus Weaver Sr.

"If they put that baby in the lake, that would really hurt me, because that's an innocent child that can't even defend herself," said Deamber Johnson, the suspect's cousin.

They are still hopeful the nine-month-old child lives, despite what police say was a chilling confession Monday morning from her mother, Tamaira Creagh.

She allegedly told officers that she and her boyfriend tied the baby's corpse to a sandbag and dropped her in Lewisville Lake last week.

"Until we find the baby, we can't confirm what she's telling us is 100 percent accurate," said Dallas police spokesman Kevin Janse.

Two days of searching in Lake Lewisville hasn't yielded a body.

From the beginning, police say, the mother has lied. "I just want whoever has my little girl to bring her back," Creagh told reporters last week.
 Now, court documents say the 19-year-old mother admits she left the baby in Weaver's care last week, but when she returned home, Daisja was lying on the floor naked, wrapped in a towel. She was cold, without a heartbeat.

Scared by Weaver's threats, Creagh told police they waited until the next day to dump the young child's body, a scenario family members find hard to believe.

"It just hurts," Johnson said. "Just imagine having a nine-month-old child in your family missing. It hurts, it really hurts."

Police have only charged Creagh and Weaver with tampering with evidence because there is no body. They say they believe it is just a matter of time before they find the body.

The mother's family tells News 8 all this caught them completely off-guard: The young mother — soon to be a mother again — accused of such an unthinkable crime.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

DALLAS — Lawyers for the mother of missing baby Daisja Weaver say their client was a long-term victim of domestic violence and should not have been arrested.

Tamaira Creagh — who is 19 years old and six months pregnant — originally said she was assaulted and her daughter was kidnapped before changing her story and telling police the baby's father threw the child into Lewisville Lake last week.

"While it is very easy to demonize this teenage mother, Tamaira Creagh, because of the outrage we all feel at the disappearance of this young child, anyone who has ever had any experience with continued domestic violence and abuse knows that the violence and abuse permeates every aspect of the victim's life," criminal defense attorneys Roderick C. White and Roberta Walker said in a statement issued Tuesday afternoon.

According to the arrest warrant for her 20-year-old boyfriend, Alandus Weaver, Creagh told investigators that Weaver picked her up from work on June 8 and took her to their apartment on Marsh Lane in Dallas. She said Weaver told her he had left the child alone after giving her a bath.

When they arrived, Creagh said she found the baby on the floor naked, wrapped in a towel. Daisja had no heartbeat and was cold, Creagh told police.

For the next 30 minutes, Weaver attempted to use CPR to resuscitate the child without success, Creagh said. When she asked Weaver what happened to the child, she told police, he became threatening and violent.

"If domestic violence and abuse is devastating to older, more sophisticated, and more experienced suburban women, just imagine its dramatic affects upon this young, poor, inexperienced teenage mother," Creagh's lawyers said. "Her initial participation in Alandus Weaver’s cover-up story was simply a byproduct of the grief, shock, and fear associated with domestic violence and abuse."

They noted that Weaver was the parent who was taking care of the child while Creagh was at work, and that the fhe child was bruised, cold, and lifeless when she came home from work.

The lawyers' statement said Weaver forced Creagh to ride to Lewisville Lake with him, placing her in imminent fear for her own safety and tied the baby to a sandbag. They said Weaver dropped the baby into the lake.

"The police have erroneously made Tamaira a suspect as opposed to the witness and victim that she clearly is," her lawyers' statement said. "It was in response to actual and threatened physical abuse that Tamaira was forced to participate in Weaver’s attempted cover-up. While Tamaria obviously regrets her participation, she is still willing and anxious to cooperate with law enforcement in an effort to seek justice for her child, despite her inappropriate arrest."

The search for Diasja Weaver continued Tuesday, with teams from multiple agencies expanding their scope beyond an area around the Interstate 35E bridge that was their focus on Monday.

Meanwhile, relatives of the infant said they still believe she is alive. The Weaver family is standing by Alandus Weaver, despite mounting evidence the 20-year-old played a role in his young daughter's disappearance.

"I just don't believe it. I don't have a feel for it, my grandbaby somewhere around here, she's somewhere," said the child's grandfather, Alandus Weaver Sr.

Police say they believe it is just a matter of time before they find the body.

WFAA-TV and The Dallas Morning News contributed to this report.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa090616_lj_missingchildlawyer.8891ffea.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 06:14:43 PM »

they are both guilty...I am not buying the abuse business....
if someone killed my baby, they might as well have killed me too cause there is no way that I would have kept my mouth shut to protect this sob after he killed my baby and then to throw my baby over a bridge into a watery grave?..she could have called the police once he was asleep while the baby lay dead on their floor cold and all alone all night...called 911 and the police would have come ....she would have been in protective custody by then and he would have been arrested for killing the baby..at least then this little girl would have gotten a proper burial...

I am spitting mad right now...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2009, 12:52:52 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-kidnap_17met.ART.State.Edition1.5107688.html
Lewisville Lake conditions make search for baby harder
12:00 AM CDT on Wednesday, June 17, 2009
By SCOTT GOLDSTEIN / The Dallas Morning News
Divers searching for 9-month-old Daisja Weaver in Lewisville Lake since Sunday morning are battling treacherous conditions on top of the frustration that they have not found the child.

"Horrors is what we're facing," said Dallas police Sgt. Brenda Nichols, commander of the child abuse unit. "We've got a lake that, after about 10 feet down, there's no visibility at all."

Members of the Lewisville Fire Department dive team are focusing their efforts underneath the Interstate 35E bridge over the 29,592-acre lake. They're forced to feel their way through debris for a child thought to be about 20 pounds and 2 feet, 4 inches long.

"Several of the divers actually were so entangled that they had to cut themselves out," Nichols said.

Daisja's father, Alandus Weaver, 20, is accused of tying a sand bag to his dead daughter and tossing her body from the bridge last week. Police believe Daisja's mother, Tamaira Creagh, 19, was there.

Creagh told police her child had been kidnapped from her Far North Dallas apartment.

Weaver and Creagh were arrested in recent days on charges of tampering with evidence.

Also Tuesday, Creagh's attorneys said in a written statement that their client is the victim of long-term domestic abuse by Weaver. Creagh, who is six months pregnant with Weaver's child, was forced to participate in the cover-up, the attorneys say.

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »

DALLAS — Lawyers for the mother of missing baby Daisja Weaver say their client was a long-term victim of domestic violence and should not have been arrested.

snip

The lawyers' statement said Weaver forced Creagh to ride to Lewisville Lake with him, placing her in imminent fear for her own safety and tied the baby to a sandbag. They said Weaver dropped the baby into the lake.

"The police have erroneously made Tamaira a suspect as opposed to the witness and victim that she clearly is," her lawyers' statement said. "It was in response to actual and threatened physical abuse that Tamaira was forced to participate in Weaver’s attempted cover-up. While Tamaria obviously regrets her participation, she is still willing and anxious to cooperate with law enforcement in an effort to seek justice for her child, despite her inappropriate arrest."

snip

Police say they believe it is just a matter of time before they find the body.

WFAA-TV and The Dallas Morning News contributed to this report.

http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/tv/stories/wfaa090616_lj_missingchildlawyer.8891ffea.html

Well now, shouldn't weaver be charged with kidnapping creagh then? Being that she was forced to go dispose of her daughter. What dirt.

I wish LE could force these 2 dirt bags to dive in that lake until they find her, then they will give the exact location.

I hope they findlittle Daisja soon

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

Alandus Weaver and Mommy Dearest/Tamaira Creagh last week as she told reporters her baby had been kidnapped. No tears... Rolling Eyes
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:07:15 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 10:05:53 PM »

They should throw them into the lake and tell them they will throw a line once they find this poor baby so she can RESPECTFULLY be buried.

I don't believe this mom one bit. She lied once, that is all it takes. She could have easily told the police when they were questioning her he did it and protect me. she is a lying !#$@!$#
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.