April 25, 2024, 06:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #821 7/13/09 - 7/28/09  (Read 438626 times)
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2009, 12:48:55 AM »

Good night Sleuth and wreck!   

Good Night TM - thank you for the picture of Natalee.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2009, 09:58:52 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/printer_59557.php

Aruba
American tourists mad about handling accident
14 Jul, 2009, 14:25 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - An American tourist is satisfied with the Aruban authorities after his eight-year-old son seriously injured in June during a boat accident. The boy sat on an inflatable tube that was pulled by a speedboat. The driver of the boat did not have certificate.

The tourist James Valenti now threatens the U.S. media in order to focus on the case to get. He is not happy about the handling. "We have significant pain and damage on account of the accident. I'm planning on every possible way with the Aruban authorities and police to maintain this contact, "writes the father in a letter to this newspaper. He asks in the letter further questioned whether this type of incident 'here in the papers arrive. "
The Tourist ATA's been contact with father James and is also the PR agency of Aruba in the U.S. of the situation informed.

On June 24 the boy was seriously injured in an accident on the water just before the Riu hotel. He sat on a 'tube ride when it was increased at a submarine of Unique Sports aanknalde. He was doing, the father life-threatening injuries. After four days in the hospital to them, was the victim by ambulance plane to Miami for further treatment.
The driver of the speedboat that pulled the tube, was not in possession of a certificate. He has been fined, police confirmed.

The father asks whether there is an indictment is filed against the driver. This appears to inquiries by the police is not the case.
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2009, 10:05:09 AM »

Aruba

ORANGE CITY - An American tourist is satisfied with the Aruban authorities after his eight-year-old son seriously injured in June during a boat accident. The boy sat on an inflatable tube that was pulled by a speedboat. The driver of the boat did not have certificate.

The tourist James Valenti now threatens the U.S. media in order to focus on the case to get. He is not happy about the handling. "We have significant pain and damage on account of the accident. I'm planning on every possible way with the Aruban authorities and police to maintain this contact, "writes the father in a letter to this newspaper. He asks in the letter further questioned whether this type of incident 'here in the papers arrive. "
The Tourist ATA's been contact with father James and is also the PR agency of Aruba in the U.S. of the situation informed.

On June 24 the boy was seriously injured in an accident on the water just before the Riu hotel. He sat on a 'tube ride when it was increased at a submarine of Unique Sports aanknalde. He was doing, the father life-threatening injuries. After four days in the hospital to them, was the victim by ambulance plane to Miami for further treatment.
The driver of the speedboat that pulled the tube, was not in possession of a certificate. He has been fined, police confirmed.

The father asks whether there is an indictment is filed against the driver. This appears to inquiries by the police is not the case.

Well good luck with that.  WE tried to tell him to stay away from Aruba especially with your children.  HE DID NOT listen.  What did he expect from Aruba.  Indictment against the driver?  HaHaHaHa.  If there is no charges when a young lady is murdered on the hell-whole island surely this food cannot expect charges for something as simple as driving a boat and injuring a person.  NOW if the driver disposed of the party that is not different than just injuring the party.  A Joke.  I hope this American tourist will listen the next time. Fool.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »

Aruba

Well good luck with that.  WE tried to tell him to stay away from Aruba especially with your children.  HE DID NOT listen.  What did he expect from Aruba.  Indictment against the driver?  HaHaHaHa.  If there is no charges when a young lady is murdered on the hell-whole island surely this food fool cannot expect charges for something as simple as driving a boat and injuring a person.  NOW if the driver disposed of the party that is not different than just injuring the party.  A Joke.  I hope this American tourist will listen the next time. Fool.

Correction.  sorry.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »

Hi, BlueMoon,

Yes, perhaps the driver could have avoided even a fine if he had taken the child out to sea and dumped him.  I still marvel at how their system works.  If you want to do away with a human being, just take them out to sea and dump them.  No body, no crime, no case.

Now it appears they can run you over with a boat and just nothing is done about it.  I do hope these parents take this to the media.  Unacceptable!  And unfortunately, not surprising in the least.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »

Let's see:

The eight year old was riding recklessly...

The child's parents should have known better than to let him ride...

There was no "official" police report.  The beach patrol, with "polis" shirts, are not official (every ARUBAN knows that).  ALE cannot be incompetent when there is no report...

The parents are only interested in money....

There are more water accidents in the US.... 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »

You guessed it Buckeye!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »

I know this was posted in the last thread but thought it was worth a repeat!   

http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s090710a.html

Another Aruba scuba diving accident kills Texas educator

by LUTHER MONROE @ CDNN - Cyber Diver News Network

July 10, 2009

ORANGESTAD, Aruba — Less than a week after a young novice diver was critically injured in Aruba by a dive boat propeller, another scuba diving accident there killed a Texas educator.

Authorities told CDNN that Michael Freer, 55, died on July 2 while scuba diving during a holiday in Aruba.

Police declined to release details about the fatal scuba diving accident, which is still under investigation.

Previously, CDNN reported about a young woman who was critically injured in the final week of June while scuba diving in Aruba with Mermaid Divers.

A dive boat owned and operated by Mermaid Divers ran over and nearly killed the woman.

In December, a renowned community leader from Canada died in Aruba while scuba diving with Clive Paula of Dive Aruba.

Natural educator

Freer was a chemistry teacher at Deweyville High School and previously worked for many years as an air quality inspector for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.

He was raised in La Marque on the Texas Gulf Coast and graduated from Lamar University with a master's degree.

Described by family, friends and co-workers as a natural educator, Freer taught industry personnel about the state emissions evaluation while working with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and was active in the Jason Project in Southeast Texas.

Freer is survived by his wife, Donna Lavine Freer, and daughters Melissa and Ally Freer.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2009, 07:00:37 PM »

Aruba

I don't recall ANY report about this accident.   

If you didn't see the news clip about the woman from Canada that died, it is posted here:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4269.100

There were also some comments about that one on the page before.  Very sad.

The young woman was run over by the boat on June 26th, no recent word on her condition that I've been able to locate.

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=1142&offId=0&offDate=2009-06&dateID=2009-06-26

http://awemainta.com/home/

6/27/2009 Awe Mainta Front Page:

And then Mr. Freer died on July 2nd, Aruban media claims of a heart attack; but I'd like to know how they came to that conclusion so quickly.  He was the one that was brought in and laid out for the ambulance to pick up at the dive shop counter.  They'd better be glad he wasn't my loved one...it pisses me off...and I didn't even know the poor man!  Note: The name of the company right above his body:  Unique Sports Aruba!    

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/10106/8

Same day there was this tourist injured at Morgan's Island, 24awe reporters were not allowed on the scene; and noted that no police were present for an investigation.

http://www.awe24.com/?main&id=1198&offId=10&offDate=2009-07&dateID=2009-07-02

How many MORE are there that we never know about?   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »

Val has another clip of the Tattoo up on his you tube site. I'm still wondering if he is working for them. In this one he has a crew uniform on.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vtijn

2 4 1
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2009, 12:11:31 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59604.php

Google translation:

Petro China to the table with government

15 Jul, 2009, 13:54 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Representatives of oil company Petro China currently reside on Aruba, Amigoe know from reliable source. According to reports, the delegation to the island to negotiate with the government on the tax structure which will operate the refinery, Petro China should proceed to buy the refinery from Valero.

The first meeting took place yesterday. Previously reported Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) that there are two scenarios in terms of taxation of the refinery. A new owner could, in principle, choose between a tax holiday, payment of BBO, or the payment of income tax, with freedom from BBO.

During an interview yesterday that Valero had Oduber and Petro China still can not agree on the purchase price of the refinery. The Texas oil company is based on a selling price of between 800 million and 1.5 billion dollars. Pain Point long term, the level of investment that a buyer after purchase of the refinery should stop. According Oduber, yesterday afternoon during an interview, that amount is around 1.5 billion dollars. "For the price Valero is important. For us is the amount that the new owner will invest to ensure the continuity of great importance. In that case, the government where possible to best accommodate the sale. "Of Oduber this specifically relates to tax benefits as a safeguard of BBO or a tax holiday for the new owner is still unclear.

Candidates
Exacerbated the current circumstance that there is currently no discount is given by Mexico and Venezuela in the heavy sour crude oil that they produce and which is processed at the Aruba refinery. This is the profit margin much less attractive and has the Valero refinery to close for. "If this continues, the future of the refinery very uncertain", said Oduber.

Nevertheless, in addition to Petro China several candidates for the refinery. Without names, he says that both Swiss and a Russian oil company has shown interest. Also, Petrobras, whose bid earlier this year afketste still in the picture are.

Prime Minister Nelson Oduber expects that the advent of more stringent laws in the U.S. with regard to C02 emissions Aruban the refinery attractive for American companies. "That would be evasive here because the environment is not as strict as is", said Oduber.

The Prime Minister says the government is currently negotiating with Valero 'to ensure that a new buyer with two partners to the table, but only with the owner. "Aruba is not the owner of the refinery, but Valero. We just want enough that the new buyer wants to invest in the refinery. "The Prime Minister hopes by August to clear agreements with Valero.

Closing
The announced shutdown of the refinery is today a fact. Around noon, the last production activities. The next time the refinery only repairs, maintenance and energy do.

Last week Amigoe already reported that the company at the conclusion a few tens of millions invested in the refinery. Initially wanted the U.S. Valero spokesman Bill Day confirm nor deny. A day later, however, that the message was true and that in the next three to four months with a maximum of 25 million dollars per month in the refinery is down.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2009, 12:16:35 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59603.php

Google translation:

Aruba

No customs actions

15 Jul, 2009, 13:53 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Customs Union Sada has this morning received a reply by Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Nilo Swaen (MEP) on the Ritza Hernandez, Director of Department of Internal investigations into alleged acts of bad customs boss Wiebe Pera. The announced prikacties of the Customs person so provisionally closed.

"We have received a letter stating that the director has spoken with the head of service, the acting head of service and the head of the department and thus concluded that the man acted wrongly. We know that at least two of them disagreed with the conduct of Pera. How can you come to a conclusion, ask Sharina Hernandez, director of customs union Sada, wondered. The union does not agree with the conduct of the director and is now in discussions with their lawyers about possible next steps. "First of all, you can not say that the holding of three calls a survey. In a study you have an inquiry that something performs. A director does not normally operational tasks. And then you also have the fact that the same director in her reported statement that this man has been mercilessly. This is what you do that it to start something wrong did not? "

According to her Minister Swaen not properly informed of the affairs of the customs. "I think he gets it all from only one side should be heard. He gave himself one time to us that he had been director, for him to keep, but this way it will not work, "says Sharina Hernandez.

From the Department of Taxation is still no response available. Swaen Minister confirmed this morning that writing responded to the ultimatum. Sada had stated that action would be if not for nine o'clock this morning a comment came from the Minister.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2009, 12:20:38 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59602.php

Google translation:

Aruba

New Media sign agreement press CBB

15 Jul, 2009, 13:52 (GMT -04:00)

Amigoe Director William Da Costa Gomez (left) sign the covenant people. Right Lydia Emmerencia, chairman of Comishon di Bon Boluntad.

ORANGE CITY hh Five new media, including Aruba Amigoe have signed the covenant people of Comishon di Bon Boluntad (CBB) for the upcoming electoral period. The agreement implies a code of conduct based on rules, among other Bordeaux-called agreement of the International Federation Press.

This agreement is the world's most recognized code of conduct for journalists. Besides Amigoe Director William Da Costa Gomez have Mark Benson Denz the news 24 Ora, Toko Wink Laar of Awe Mainta, Giovanni Muller on behalf of ATV and Tito LaclÚ Magic FM press covenant signed. CBB says in contact with several new media and hopes the next few days a number of new endorse it. ôAmigoe supports initiatives such as those journalism to a new level draw. The rules in the agreement are not new for us, but have always been part of our standards, values and working for independent and quality news brengenö says Da Costa Gomez at the signing.

Rules
The agreement stated that the news media should refrain from publishing information from unconfirmed sources on political parties and their candidates. It is not done to essentiŮle to omit and / or false documentation to use in reporting. The published information should be provided in a fair way and not accurate information should be corrected. Subjects in a beating or maliciously reveal, black, unjust accusations, insults and accept funds for the (non) publication of information, should be avoided. New Media have signed the covenant, politicians should not personally attack and have heard each other. Biased information that the public order and security could jeopardize should not be published. Political parties are all without distinction to be treated equally and broadcast it. CBB will ensure that up to 30 days after the election.

Who has a complaint about the coverage in one of the five media which support the covenant, it can submit to the committee. It will investigate the case and the media for interviews questions. If the complaint is well founded, CBB will find the publicity in which both sides of the story are highlighted.

Political parties have also signed an agreement in which they promise fair and ethical manner in their election campaigns. Not all parties have signed. MEP gave our government that has no use for them because there are no sanctions for breach of covenant. Also PDR, PPA and Curpa According CBB finally said no. AVP, RED and MPA have signed the covenant it.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59603.php

Google translation:

Aruba

No customs actions

15 Jul, 2009, 13:53 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Customs Union Sada has this morning received a reply by Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Nilo Swaen (MEP) on the Ritza Hernandez, Director of Department of Internal investigations into alleged acts of bad customs boss Wiebe Pera. The announced prikacties of the Customs person so provisionally closed.

"We have received a letter stating that the director has spoken with the head of service, the acting head of service and the head of the department and thus concluded that the man acted wrongly. We know that at least two of them disagreed with the conduct of Pera. How can you come to a conclusion, ask Sharina Hernandez, director of customs union Sada, wondered. The union does not agree with the conduct of the director and is now in discussions with their lawyers about possible next steps. "First of all, you can not say that the holding of three calls a survey. In a study you have an inquiry that something performs. A director does not normally operational tasks. And then you also have the fact that the same director in her reported statement that this man has been mercilessly. This is what you do that it to start something wrong did not? "

According to her Minister Swaen not properly informed of the affairs of the customs. "I think he gets it all from only one side should be heard. He gave himself one time to us that he had been director, for him to keep, but this way it will not work, "says Sharina Hernandez.

From the Department of Taxation is still no response available. Swaen Minister confirmed this morning that writing responded to the ultimatum. Sada had stated that action would be if not for nine o'clock this morning a comment came from the Minister.

Yesterday's article about this:

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59564.php

Customs Union Minister demands explanation
14 Jul, 2009, 14:34 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
  Print this article

ORANGE CITY - Customs Union Sada threatening action if they are not for tomorrow morning to get a response from Finance Minister Nilo Swaen about why no disciplinary action be taken against Customs Director Wiebe Perra.

Trade Union Leader Sharina Hernandez: "They say that an investigation has been. Then we know who did the research and who is speaking. "
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Nilo Swaen (MEP), the Director of Department of Taxation, Ritza Hernandez turned to check Perra actually the error was gone when he was an American couple Friday of tax. That would have happened when the couple declared their possessions. "That has a deficit in the landskas of 27,000 florin ensured," said union leader Sharina Hernandez. According to her, there are even more cases of bad acts by the customs director. "But we have not yet run."

Tax Director Hernandez concluded that the customs director in the rule of law had acted and that the research for it is closed. The customs union would now Minister Swaen know in exactly which law it was the right thing and to whom this was verified. If the Minister for tomorrow at nine o'clock in the morning a document to the union that he is explaining about the research and who have spoken, then followed the same day a prikactie between one and three o'clock in the afternoon. The union does not exclude that more intensive operations then follow.

According to Hernandez with double standards when customs officials suspected the error to be lost. "Recently, an investigation against a customs officer. He had six weeks of unpaid home until the investigation was finished. Eventually showed that he had not acted wrongly, but he remained six weeks at home and that is also in his file to. Now there is an investigation against the Director, but he could just work, "says Hernandez.

Moreover, the union by letter to the minister indicated that she is considering legal action to the reorganization process to stop. Sada was last Thursday, on the last day of a previously given by their deadline, the Minister Swaen mandated within three weeks with a plan for the incorporation of customs. This is now under Department of Taxation. But the Minister and the Director of Customs are now still on the same path of reform and that the customs union zint not even given the fact that they are not represented in the Steering Committee of the reorganization. "You can not have two processes that are running. We are now working on our plan. Until then the minister to stop the reorganization, "says Hernandez.

In addition, the Minister given three weeks to brief the union leader. "We were already doing time, but our consultant says it will take a month before the plan is finished. Then he with a few workshops for customs officers. All in all is about six weeks. So at the end of August. "
Sada wants the customs service is no longer under Department of Taxation and is directly under the control of the Minister of Finance is. To say this would own the processes within the organization more flexible process.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2009, 01:35:58 AM »

7/15/2009 Diario

http://www.diarioaruba.com/diaranzon/noticia/news3.html

Papiamentu translation:

bad ambiente of trabao in ministerio publico… one trahador of ministerio publico deteni for lands recherche

oranjestad (aan): one trahador of ministerio publico owing to stay deteni door of lands recherche monday.

have one investigación andando on coin cu owing to somenta. here do not deal of ministerio publico but coin of one colega of trabao. have various version.

although the colega is stop upstairs of not owing to haci the acto here tog have another información cu have person owing to mire hacie. esey is thing now have to stay prove.

the trahador female here of surname c have much year trahando at ministerio publico. seems cu the will have one adiccion at game of coin.

esey not nifica cu the is culpable but kizas pesey they owing to aim at on dje. landsrecherche owing to come buske till at leg of trabao.

in ministerio publico self wanted as the asunto here very low self. now is cuestion of sit keep see con all the caso here will bay desaroya. assure the news here owing to schock the coleganan.

in ministerio publico owing to become one lugar very vies for work because casi none person can talk cu another eyden. everybody have fright of confia another cos y the ambiente is extremely bad.

the pg new was one speranza cu cos will change but the also owing to bay behind redashi y till even owing to arrive of send person cas.

the trahador here owing to bay corte y earn his caso but as cu the decision of huez owing to cay past owing to achieve one suspensión his slow. the trahador here is at home cobrando his coin.

pg owing to cuminsa cu bad leg y constantemente the is in exterior. all the time speranza for solucion for crimen at aruba is draw dark at hand of the pg actual.

now ministerio publico have two trahador less. uno suspendi for some month end y another behind trali for suspicion of ladronicia of coin of colega. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »

Truth & Justice for Natalee!

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2009, 03:06:09 AM »

http://gretawire.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/07/14/skype-and-sign-a-petition/

July 14, 2009 08:30 PM EDT

SKYPE and READ A PETITION
If you have not signed Max's petition....here is the website to take a look at it: www.calltoactionnc.com. I was in touch with Max's Father tonight and asked how we could help and he said to get people to sign the petition.

Second, here is a Skype conversation I just had with a GretaWire blogger (we talked about Natalee Holloway and I had to cut the call off when I got a work call but I would love to discuss Natalee Holloway some more.)

(The conversation turns to Natalee at around 5:45)

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »

If you have not signed Max's petition....here is the website to take a look at it: www.calltoactionnc.com. I was in touch with Max's Father tonight and asked how we could help and he said to get people to sign the petition.

Second, here is a Skype conversation I just had with a GretaWire blogger (we talked about Natalee Holloway and I had to cut the call off when I got a work call but I would love to discuss Natalee Holloway some more.)

Greta says she had four calls in the last week.  I wonder if they were just people wanting information or if something new has been told to her?  At least she will know there are plenty of folks who still want answers.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »

Greta says she had four calls in the last week.  I wonder if they were just people wanting information or if something new has been told to her?  At least she will know there are plenty of folks who still want answers.

Yes, Anna, that peaked my interest, as well.  Too bad the call was interrupted. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:02 AM »

TxMom,

Thanks for all those articles.  I am very interested in all of them but some of those translations, well, it's English but nothing I can understand.

Maybe more coffee will help.  You do an excellent job of presenting the material for all of us.

Seems far too many diving/boating accidents for such a short time span.  We used to have a link to a government site that listed all Americans who died on foreign soil from any cause but I don't have the link on this computer and may not have saved it anywhere.  Seems like it was a State Dept site.  But I don't know how far behind in time it runs.  Those kind of things can be very slow.

Tourism is just going to get worse and worse as people become more fearful of spending money and fewer can afford to travel so far.  If they don't find a buyer for the refinery, it is the double whammy that will really inflict the greatest damage to the Aruban economy.

At least the legitimate economy.  I believe by now we all know they have a two-tiered system.  The sleaze factor is likely to carry on as usual.

Lots going on but then Aruba has always been a little anthill of activity, some legal and some not so much so.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.