April 19, 2024, 03:54:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #43 6/30/09 - 7/07/09  (Read 551901 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1000 on: July 04, 2009, 02:36:42 AM »

Ms Bearly

Sing along .. yet another song that is of America  tradition ..
Old yes, forgotten No.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHvDTUSd1Ws&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHvDTUSd1Ws&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

TY!!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1001 on: July 04, 2009, 02:40:39 AM »

Good Night MyTime, Bearly, Jackie, Deenie & CBB

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. Stays safe
Sweet Dreams & God Bless
xoxo

I will see you around the board sometime tonight!!!

Most likely 

I am praying so hard for you, you are a lovely woman.  I am glad I had the pleasure of meeting you.  I know your daughter and grandchildren will take up lots of your time.  I am going to miss what we have now, but I will be overjoyed for you!

OH NO, GE is NOT going anywhere.....not without major withdrawals anyway!!   
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1002 on: July 04, 2009, 02:42:43 AM »

Hello Monkey Family

Have a nice July 4th weekend: patriotic, fun, safe, restful, healthy

Love,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1003 on: July 04, 2009, 02:43:47 AM »

COLUMBIA, Mo.  —  Columbia police are hopeful that DNA evidence and help from some college students may lead to a break in a 20-year-old murder mystery.

Carolyn Williams was stabbed to death in her Columbia home on Jan. 2, 1989. Police believe the murder was drug-related.

Tips have come in — the latest in 2005 — but none has panned out, Detective John Short said.

The case is getting new attention after students in Columbia College's Cold Case Homicide class chose to focus on it during the last semester. The elective class for students pursuing forensic science and criminal justice careers is taught by retired Columbia police Detective Mike Himmel.

The six students in the class spent 16 weeks mining hundreds of reports, eventually narrowing the suspects to six, with two considered prime suspects. They also examined and cross-referenced evidence and created a timeline of events.

DNA testing was not available to police in 1989. But investigators plan to determine which pieces of evidence to send for DNA testing by the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Lab in Jefferson City. Himmel said he's optimistic the tests will lead to charges.

"This is one I personally think is going to be solved," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530003,00.html?test=latestnews

Monkeys, could teach the class.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: July 04, 2009, 02:54:16 AM »

Hi Sis!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1005 on: July 04, 2009, 02:55:45 AM »

Hello Monkey Family

Have a nice July 4th weekend: patriotic, fun, safe, restful, healthy

Love,

IBE

Hi IBE!!!  Happy 4th!!!

How is Donna's family?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1006 on: July 04, 2009, 02:58:54 AM »

COLUMBIA, Mo.  —  Columbia police are hopeful that DNA evidence and help from some college students may lead to a break in a 20-year-old murder mystery.

Carolyn Williams was stabbed to death in her Columbia home on Jan. 2, 1989. Police believe the murder was drug-related.

Tips have come in — the latest in 2005 — but none has panned out, Detective John Short said.

The case is getting new attention after students in Columbia College's Cold Case Homicide class chose to focus on it during the last semester. The elective class for students pursuing forensic science and criminal justice careers is taught by retired Columbia police Detective Mike Himmel.

The six students in the class spent 16 weeks mining hundreds of reports, eventually narrowing the suspects to six, with two considered prime suspects. They also examined and cross-referenced evidence and created a timeline of events.

DNA testing was not available to police in 1989. But investigators plan to determine which pieces of evidence to send for DNA testing by the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Lab in Jefferson City. Himmel said he's optimistic the tests will lead to charges.

"This is one I personally think is going to be solved," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530003,00.html?test=latestnews

Monkeys, could teach the class.

Thanks for posting that!

I believe in miracles!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1007 on: July 04, 2009, 03:01:30 AM »

Hi Sis!!!

Hi Bearlyhere!  I hope you're feeling better!   

Have a great 4th!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1008 on: July 04, 2009, 03:05:06 AM »

Every Time I see your " avatar" Edward  - I think of the original " Planet of the Apes" ..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvR2mCx-Jnc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CvR2mCx-Jnc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: July 04, 2009, 04:22:09 AM »

Nite Deenie!!!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1010 on: July 04, 2009, 04:36:48 AM »

Good Night MyTime, Bearly, Jackie, Deenie & CBB

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July. Stays safe
Sweet Dreams & God Bless
xoxo

I will see you around the board sometime tonight!!!

Most likely 

I am praying so hard for you, you are a lovely woman.  I am glad I had the pleasure of meeting you.  I know your daughter and grandchildren will take up lots of your time.  I am going to miss what we have now, but I will be overjoyed for you!

OH NO, GE is NOT going anywhere.....not without major withdrawals anyway!!   

Thank you Bearly for the kind words and prayers. Yes they are going to take up a lot of my time.  But I am getting my mind set to be here for them, but not take over. It's going to be hard for me. As I want to do for them all, you know make things as easy as possible for all of them. I know in my heart that isn't going to help any of them. I have already told the kids they will each have a job to do and I will not be walking behind them cleaning up after them. Told my daughter that I cook about 3/4 nights a week so the rest of the time it's her ball game. Where as before I would cook, clean help with home work etc. So hopefully I can stick to my guns and help but not do it all.
Yes MyTime is right I would have withdrawls I might not be on until later. I would miss all my monkey friends and laughs plus I would worry about how everyone was doing.
Have a great 4th of July.
God Bless GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1011 on: July 04, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, MONKEYS!!!!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: July 04, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: July 04, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

Fireworks explosion on NC island kills 1, hurts 4
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5585.new#new

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1015 on: July 04, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

Happy 4th of July

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1016 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:13 PM »

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/petfriendlywaystocelebratethef-1380

Pet-Friendly Ways to Celebrate the Fourth of July

Zootoo Pet News Staff
July 4, 2009
NEW YORK -- Picnics, cook-outs, friends, family and fireworks are on the fun-filled agenda for the Fourth of July weekend. But where do Fido and Fluffy fit in?

The holiday poses lots of risks for pets, which generally are not fans of the festivities. Here's a brief outline of how to keep your pets safe and calm:

Home Alone

It is safer to keep your pets at home during Fourth of July celebrations instead of bringing him to your neighbor's party. Keep your pets in the house, rather than in your yard. He will be a lot happier indoors, and not tempted to leap over a fence to find you.

Beware of Rockets' Red Glare

Dogs can be startled by the loud noise of fireworks. Once the festivities begin, keep your pet in a safe room where he can feel comfortable. If he is crate trained put him in his crate covered with a blanket to make him feel secure.

Block outside sights and sounds by lowering the blinds and turning on the television. Play soothing music in the background to counteract the cacophony during the "rockets' red glare."

“Close the windows and the blinds and pump up the music,” suggested Chicago behaviorist Steve Dale. “Classical music can be particularly calming especially if it’s slow and deliberate. But actually any music will do as long as it masks the sound of fireworks.

Quality Time

If your pet seems overly anxious, spend some time with your pet, speaking soothingly to help them to relax.

What to do with Leftovers

Avoid scraps from the grill. While tempting to our pets, any sudden change to your pets' diet can cause stomach upset. In addition, some certain foods like onions, avocado, grapes and raisins can be toxic.

“When you’re barbequing and having fun, its easy to be distracted and foodstuffs such as wooden meat skewers, meat bones and corn cobs are particularly dangerous and can be life threatening,” Sandy Albright, DMV, of the Crossroads Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh, NC, previously told ZT Pet News.

The slogan “drink responsibly” applies to pets, too. Alcoholic beverages can be poisonous to pets, so never leave drinks unattended. Dogs can get intoxicated causing them to become depressed and even go into a coma. In severe cases, death from respiratory failure can also occur.

Patrol Pest Controls

Human products can be dangerous to animals. Avoid spraying your pet with insect repellent and only use special sunscreen that is intended for animal use. Special pet sunscreens with a SPF of 30 are widely available from both pet stores and online suppliers.

Keep your pets away from matches and lighter fluid. They can be extremely irritating to the stomach, lungs and central nervous system, if ingested.

Always check for fleas and ticks after an outdoor excursion and make sure nothing dangerous like glass is lodged in sensitive paw pads.

Microchips & Identification

“There’s always a dramatic increase in the number of requests for assistance in looking for lost pets in the days following July 4th fireworks,” ace pet detective Kat Albrecht of Pet Hunters International in Seattle, told ZT Pet News in a previous interview.

Always ensure that your pet is wearing an identification tag. This applies to strictly indoor cats, too -- you never know when they manage to escape. Collars and tags can fall off so make sure you have permanent ID with a microchip. Keep contact information current with your recovery service provider.

“Some dogs will run until they find somewhere to hide such as a garage, a shed or under a car. Others run for miles often facing the risk of serious injury or death,” Albrecht said.

“Cats that bolt tend to look for the nearest place to take cover,” he continued. “So if your cat vanishes get permission to search your neighbors’ yards, and look in every nook and cranny.”

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=10643772&nav=menu188_2
Fireworks pose safety hazard for pets

Updated: July 4, 2009 01:42 PM
People enjoy fireworks, but the sound can scare pets. Recently, fireworks caused a family dog to go wild and attack a child. Police took the dog into custody.

Experts suggest turning on your television or radio before fireworks begin to help muffle the sounds.

Also keep pets on a leash or in carriers if you must be outside.

"We've had dogs jump through windows and get cuts, severe lacerations. Dogs try to chew through a wall. They can break teeth trying to get out of a cage," said Dr. Steve Thompson, Purdue Veterinary Hospital.

Some dogs may even need a prescription sedative to prevent injury to themselves.

If you have cats, keep them inside this weekend if your neighbors are lighting firecrackers.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:32:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1017 on: July 04, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »

<a href="http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=DzlzfAX17TxSSfeZ&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab" target="_blank">http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=DzlzfAX17TxSSfeZ&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »

Thank you for the article, Muffy! 

Two of my five Yorkies really go crazy with the fireworks.  They shake, tremble, pace and insist in sitty on my lap.  We live on the river and fireworks are often being set off.  We have tried everything!!  Now, I use a little Ace to sedate these two.  I just can't stand watching them so nervous.  It just breaks my heart!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #1019 on: July 04, 2009, 04:21:19 PM »

<a href="http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=DzlzfAX17TxSSfeZ&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab" target="_blank">http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=DzlzfAX17TxSSfeZ&amp;service=sendables.jibjab.com&amp;partnerID=JibJab</a>

That's great, Klaas!!!   

But I really want every succulant detail of that fruit salad!!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.