April 26, 2024, 08:29:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #43 6/30/09 - 7/07/09  (Read 552358 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: July 01, 2009, 01:22:12 PM »

Sunny, call her back, tell her the entertainment you have planned is not conducive to children, if she is rude and trys to ask you what that means, tell her it is a surprise. 

Thanks for the suggestion A1....LOL...but, then what do I do to back that up!!  I think I just have to be honest....and try not to be too harsh with the honesty. I like kids and we have friends over who have kids...and if other children were coming I probably wouldn't think too much about it.  I think it just rubbed me wrong that she left a message and didn't talk  to me directly. Did ask if it was OK to bring the kids (there have been several times she has not brought them....like when we play cards etc) or if there would be other children and then the onion thing REALLY got my dander up.

Sunny - I agree.  Be honest with her in the kindest way possible.  My first reaction (not kind) would be to tell her there will be onion in everything and if the 7yr old doesn't like it she can starve.  Also that you aren't buying special food for anyone.

Seriously

1.  She should have asked you if it was OK
2.  Instead of telling you what food to have available for the little "princess" she should have just brought something herself
3.  If she is now the guardian of the "princess" then it's about time she acts like a parent and not a grandparent.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: July 01, 2009, 01:33:36 PM »

Hi all! I pick KuBear up at 4:30. The vet said it can take up to 10 days to get the pathology report back from the biopsy. That's all I know for now. Thanks for the well wishes for KuBear.

MT? I hope Tyler is feeling better today!

Thanks for the update CBB.I bet KuBear will be happy to see you.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: July 01, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »

I hope Klaas is feeling better today too! 

Thanks CBB - I am feeling better at the moment.  Went to bed really early last night.  I'm on my way to the dentist this morning 

Glad you're feeling better.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: July 01, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

Klaas, you & I would get along really well, I think!! 

Sunny, I have a nephew that is exactly the same as this child, (His mother is a sociopath) He also has an 8 yr. old sister who is almost as bad. There has recently been a HUGE family argument that started with these two & now I am no longer speaking to my brother or my mother! Needless to say, I won't be watching either of them ever again! I would tell your friend that this is an adult party so if they cannot find a babysitter maybe they can make the next party. It is not fair to your other guests to cater to this woman & it wouldn't bother me one bit to tell her that! This is your holiday too & it should not be ruined trying to keep your eyes on her brat! Too bad, so sad, ya know!    Monkey Devil!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: July 01, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »

Sunny, call her back, tell her the entertainment you have planned is not conducive to children, if she is rude and trys to ask you what that means, tell her it is a surprise. 

Thanks for the suggestion A1....LOL...but, then what do I do to back that up!!  I think I just have to be honest....and try not to be too harsh with the honesty. I like kids and we have friends over who have kids...and if other children were coming I probably wouldn't think too much about it.  I think it just rubbed me wrong that she left a message and didn't talk  to me directly. Did ask if it was OK to bring the kids (there have been several times she has not brought them....like when we play cards etc) or if there would be other children and then the onion thing REALLY got my dander up.

Sunny - I agree.  Be honest with her in the kindest way possible.  My first reaction (not kind) would be to tell her there will be onion in everything and if the 7yr old doesn't like it she can starve.  Also that you aren't buying special food for anyone.

Seriously

2.  Instead of telling you what food to have available for the little "princess" she should have just brought something herself
3.  If she is now the guardian of the "princess" then it's about time she acts like a parent and not a grandparent.

I agree Klaas.This person wasn't being very considerate at all.

I'm LMAO about the starving part.  Monkey Devil!
Sunny might need to have a drink or 2 before her company arrives. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: July 01, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »

Say what you really think, SunnyinTX!!!!

Hello, all.

If she could ever get over her shyness.   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »

Monken,we've all been there,huh?
Holidays........don't you wish we had one every week?    He!! no.   Monkey Devil!

~ Peter Frampton
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »

Hello, all.

She's true to herself, trim.

Klaas, I agree, totally with you with regard to your post to SunnyinTX.  Shame on her for putting Sunny in this position.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »

Hello, all.

Klaas, I agree, totally with you with regard to your post to SunnyinTX.  Shame on her for putting Sunny in this position.

Oh,I didn't mean that in a bad way.
That's what I like about Sunny.I love to read her post.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: July 01, 2009, 02:15:31 PM »

Seriously

thanks Klaas...that's exactly what I did. I called her and said, 'I got your voice message yesterday and I am really embarrassed that I did say this was an adults only party.'   I did tell her there would be no other children here and lots of fireworks and drinking. I also told her that other people were bringing side dishes and I really couldn't tell them what to put in their food. I told her I really hoped they could get a sitter and join us. But I really didn't think bringing the children was a good idea. She was gracious and said she would get a sitter and asked me what she could bring...whew!!  LOL...I am so glad your gut reactions are like mine!  LOL   The little bugger would not starve...she is more than chunky. I know they are having a difficult time with her and a lot of the problems are going  psychological issues. She has an appointment with a child psychologist next week.  But I really didn't want the child around.  I do agree they are now going to have to start acting like RESPONSIBLE parents. Can you imagine starting over with kids!  OH MERCY!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: July 01, 2009, 02:15:57 PM »

Hi all! I pick KuBear up at 4:30. The vet said it can take up to 10 days to get the pathology report back from the biopsy. That's all I know for now. Thanks for the well wishes for KuBear.

CBB, I came over here to see about you and KuBear. I hope everything is ok.   an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: July 01, 2009, 02:16:30 PM »

Thanks for the update CBB.I bet KuBear will be happy to see you.  an angelic monkey

CBB.....the waiting is terrible, I know.  I hope for the very best outcome.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

Klaas, you & I would get along really well, I think!! 

Sunny, I have a nephew that is exactly the same as this child, (His mother is a sociopath) He also has an 8 yr. old sister who is almost as bad. There has recently been a HUGE family argument that started with these two & now I am no longer speaking to my brother or my mother! Needless to say, I won't be watching either of them ever again! I would tell your friend that this is an adult party so if they cannot find a babysitter maybe they can make the next party. It is not fair to your other guests to cater to this woman & it wouldn't bother me one bit to tell her that! This is your holiday too & it should not be ruined trying to keep your eyes on her brat! Too bad, so sad, ya know!    Monkey Devil!

Hi Monken... I am so sorry your relationship is broken...I hope it is repairable and soon.  I just just what you suggested.  And it worked out well...but I was really sweating it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »

Received text from "our" Dolce yesterday.  Everybody is doing great.  She is just busy busy times two!!! 

Thanks for the news about Dolce. I can believe she is very, very busy.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »

Seriously

I agree Klaas.This person wasn't being very considerate at all.

I'm LMAO about the starving part.  Monkey Devil!
Sunny might need to have a drink or 2 before her company arrives. 

A few margaritas never hurt anyone!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »

Hello, all.

LOL...well you know I am a shy wallflower...just ask our BEE! Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

Hello, all.

Now I was nice....I didn't say the chits...I did say diarrhea Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: July 01, 2009, 02:24:18 PM »

Holidays........don't you wish we had one every week?    He!! no.   Monkey Devil!

I'd take the holidays before funerals...at least you can cancel holiday festivities!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: July 01, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

I'd take the holidays before funerals...at least you can cancel holiday festivities!!

You've got a point there.   

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »

Hello, all.

I want to think she just wasn't thinking.  It is not unusual for people to call at the last moment and ask if they can bring someone along. I always have more than enuf. And  my SIL doesn't like raw onions so when she is coming I usually take some of whatever I am making... say potato salad....and put it separately before adding onions. I think my friend knows this and probably (I hope) that's what she meant...but the brat is NOT my sister in law!!  But it's all good now....(I hope)

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.