March 28, 2024, 04:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Memorial for Caylee - June 16, 2009 - They need our help, please read!  (Read 20017 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »

Thanks for the e-mail addy Klaas! That made it easier for me to know the money was going to the right place!   
SweetMorgan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »

This  is wonderful.  Do we know how much money they are trying to raise for Caylee's memorial, and how much has been donated so far?  I'd love to see how much has been collectively donated by Scared Monkeys members and guests at this point!  I agree that it is a nice feeling to be able to participate in this special event for Caylee.

If they collect more than the cost, what will they do with the excess?  TES maybe?  Or does Scotti Simpson have a non-profit that benefits children?  Sunny or Boo, do we know?  Thank you so much to you and Richard Grund, SS, and to Red and Klaas for setting this up.  I am so looking forward to Caylee's memorial service done right.

Desi     
Desi, That would be so nice to know.  I made my donation and it would be great to know how much the Monkeys' donated and how the money was spent.  Good idea!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »

FYI - I have moved mrsrocko19's posts into a separate thread and locked it.  I have no idea what mrsrocko is talking about but remember, anytime you donate to any cause it is a personal decision.  I don't know Mr. Grund any more than any of you do.  I do know that he and his son loved Caylee. 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »

FYI - I have moved mrsrocko19's posts into a separate thread and locked it.  I have no idea what mrsrocko is talking about but remember, anytime you donate to any cause it is a personal decision.  I don't know Mr. Grund any more than any of you do.  I do know that he and his son loved Caylee. 

I agree that they loved Caylee....

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 09:25:11 PM »

It was very important to me personally to be represented at Caylee's memorial...I WAS SURE other monks felt the same. That's why Boo and I, with Red and Klaas' permission alerted the monks that monies were needed to secure a pavilion at JBP  for the memorial and for a balloon release from US.  RG DID NOT ASK FOR ANY MONEY. He didn't ask for ANYTHING!!  WE ASKED OF HIM!!! I contacted Scotti Simpson who is the person responsible for getting the ball rolling for the memorial. I asked what I could do to help. He sent me a press release that was coming out the next day in the Orlando Sentinel which stated they needed more money to get the pavilion for the Memorial. I knew this was something WE could do. I contacted Boo and she contacted RG. ... Klaas set up this thread for us.. Times are hard for many of us right now. Not everyone is able to send a  donation at this time. HOWEVER,  we all give...everyday...we give our hearts and and support and love to a little girl none of us knew...but all of us have come to love.  So the acknowledgement and thanks will be to SM...to all of us .  We asked RG if he would do a balloon release for Caylee from the monks....he very graciously accepted. Again donating his personal time to assist others.He also arranged to have butterflies released as well. He also stated he would acknowledge and thank SM for their continued support of Caylee. RJ and others are devoting their time to get this organized for CAYLEE!  Not for any personal glory.  As Klaas said RG and his family have continued to show their love for Caylee when her own grandparents are  using her to make money for themselves. RG did not ask for anything from us!! I need to make that perfectly clear. And the balloon and butterflies are from SM...from ALL of us....in fact for everyone who cares about this little angel. Mrsrocko...out of respect for SM, the Monks, Red, Klaas, our Mods..I WILL NOT SAY WHAT I REALLY WANT TO...BUT I AM SURE YOU CAN GUESS!

I refuse to allow anyone to taint the  elation I feel of being able to be aa part of Caylee's Memorial, thanks to RG

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »

Thanks.  I have no regrets for making a donation for the Caylee Memorial - and I really appreciate the fact that Mr. G. is putting his time and effort into it.

Quite frankly, I would probably donate to a legal fund for Jesse G. as well.   I feel the whole Grund family has had to endure unjust pain and misery (as well as many other victims involved in this case).   

All I can say is thank you Mr. G.    I know my little donation can't buy much - but every little bit helps.   I encourage all Monkeys to try to donate for the Caylee Memorial.   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »

Thanks.  I have no regrets for making a donation for the Caylee Memorial - and I really appreciate the fact that Mr. G. is putting his time and effort into it.

Quite frankly, I would probably donate to a legal fund for Jesse G. as well.   I feel the whole Grund family has had to endure unjust pain and misery (as well as many other victims involved in this case).   

All I can say is thank you Mr. G.    I know my little donation can't buy much - but every little bit helps.   I encourage all Monkeys to try to donate for the Caylee Memorial.   

yep..if we all donate just a little, it adds up!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=85212505&blogId=494772173

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Caylee Memorial J Blanchard Park
Current mood:  excited
On Tuesday June 16, 2009 at 6 pm there will be a public memorial to acknowledge the one-year anniversary of the stunning loss of one of God's blessings, Caylee Marie Anthony at J Blanchard Park in Orlando, Florida @ Pavilion #2.

I was approached to speak at the event and then discovered that the "event" was more of a desire then a planned event.  I then asked a Facebook group of 22,000 members honoring Caylee's memory to host the event and help get it organized.

Two of the groups leaders, founder Scotti Simpson and fellow Alabama resident Regina Lyle, took on the challenge of supplying the leadership necessary to get this event planned on such short notice.

Scotti is a student at Jacksonville State University in Alabama who has a heart for Caylee and for abused children.  If you would like to know more about Scotti visit his Facebook page.

There have been many volunteers working on this event and along with the In Memory of Caylee Facebook group we have had support (physical and financial) from bloggers at Humble Opinion and ScaredMonkeys.  Financial support has poured in from all over and any money left over will be applied to a tree to be planted in Caylee's name at J Blanchard Park.

I am working on having a local video streaming company I know it stream the event on the Internet.  However, with such short notice that may not be possible.  I will be video taping the event and I will then place online for everyone to see.  I will post more information about this in the days to come.

If you are in the Central Florida area I invite you to attend this event.  It will begin promptly at 6 pm and end no later then 7 pm.  We need volunteers to help with set up (which starts at 5 pm) and clean up (starting immediately at the close of the event).  The park closes at 8 pm and the Dean Road gate is locked at 7:30.  Children are welcome.  Rest rooms and playgrounds are nearby.

This event is about honoring Caylee and all of the missing, abused or endangered innocents who need our support in Central Florida and America.  It is not about the promotion of any one person or group.

I sincerely hope that you will attend and be respectful of Caylee and the rules & regulations of J Blanchard Park.

Thank you and God bless,
Richard Grund

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

Here's Rev. Grund's reply that he asked me to post for him:

I have been alerted to your post on ScaredMonkeys.  Before you start name calling and posting lies you should check with the subject.  I have never refused to answer a direct question about anything.

At no time did I say the money taken in would be used for bills.  The fact is that the money used to rent the pavilion and the security deposit came from ministry funds.  I had to withhold a bill payment to do it.  If you have an email or message that indicates I said I would take money sent to the ministry for personal bills please show it.

Whoever told you that is either misinformed or malicious in their intent.  If you would ask some of your ScaredMonkey friends you would find out that the idea for the tree came from ScaredMonkeys!

I never asked for this responsibility, it has been thrust upon me, nor have I asked for donations other then ONE time in a blog and that was to insure the tree could be bought as I felt it was an inspired idea.  At this point, I do not expect there to be anything left over from what was originally sent.

I have a suspicion who you are as you have made the mistake of using the same phrasing in your criticism of me and this is more about the fact that I will not mistreat certain people you don't like and tell them to go away.  I have and always will treat everyone with respect and dignity.  However I have seen a decided lack of that from people on the other side of things.

This post and your accusation are outright lies from whatever there original source.  Normally I would ignore them but to accuse me of doing what I do for Caylee for personal gain or profit is insulting and offensive!

Thank you,
Richard Grund

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »

Bless you Rev Grund, as we've spoken before I just want to assure you that people like this show their true colors eventually & the truth prevails.  I know the burdens of your family still grieving for Caylee & a few people that wish to distract the truth by attacking your wonderful family are stressful but just know that most of the world knows what is transpiring and are not fooled by it.   Your family gave Caylee the unconditional love that she still carries with her in heaven, she knows & her spirit will always be with you and your family.  Thank you so much for letting us participate in remembering Caylee in the manner she should be.   You have my support completely and with full heart.

God bless

Cappuccino aka Paula

FL Beagle Mom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

Thank you Mr. Grund, Scotti, Scared Monkeys and anyone else who is helping put this Memorial together for Caylee.  It's great to be a part of something good for a little girl who was taken away too soon. I love that there will be  butterflies and hopefully a tree. 

Pay no attention to that person behind the computer.  It's much appreciated by many.   an angelic monkey

Caylee's Warriors:  Relax, I've got this one -- GOD
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

I've been so out of the loop today, and I'm reading about this mrsrocko19. I can't believe someone would try to pervert this lovely gesture by the Scared Monkeys.  (Oh, wait, of course I can believe it. This makes me so sad.)  I am going to donate to this wonderful memorial and be so grateful for everyone who put this together to remember this lovely child, Caylee, and her incredible impact on all those who have heard about her all too brief stay on earth.
Rev. Grund, I want to thank you for being first and foremost a champion for Caylee. Thank you also, BooMonkey, SunnyinTX, Klaas, Red, and all my monkey friends for everything they contributed to make this happen. I am privileged to be part of this stellar group! an angelic monkey

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
GoldieTX
Scared Monkey

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »

I refuse to allow anyone to taint the  elation I feel of being able to be aa part of Caylee's Memorial, thanks to RG[/b]

Sunny, I couldn't agree with you more!  I made a small donation last Friday, but am going to make another one today.  Rev. Grund wrote me the most gracious, kind email not long after I made my donation.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Rev. Grund's heart, Jesse's heart, and the heart of the entire Grund family is broken at the loss of Caylee, and the Casey they once knew.   I feel so honored to be a part of the Memorial for Caylee! 

I want to give a special THANK YOU to all of you wonderful ScaredMonkeys who give so much of yourselves being advocates for the abused, neglected and murdered.  If it weren't for all of your work most of us wouldn't know how or where to donate to be a part of Caylee's Memorial or all of the other causes.  I have donated to more than one cause only because the ScaredMonkeys have made it possible by supplying the needs and links of some wonderful organizations.  I read daily (good thing I work for my family or I would have been fired long ago), but never post.  I LOVE all of you AWESOME MONKEYS!  In my not so humble opinion YOU are the BESTEST.....
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »

I just wish to say:

"God bless you and your family always, Rev. Grund.  Your kindness and loving heart shines through all that you say & do ... and we Scared Monkeys thank you for standing strong."

Ono
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 10:14:16 PM »

http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/53863

Above is the link to Scotti (the creator of Caylee's Memorial Facebook group and who is working with Rev. Grund to organize the memorial for Caylee tomorrow at B. Park.) This is a radio show he did tonight about Caylee and the memorial. It's available for download or you can listen to the podcast online.

I am posting it here in case it gets lost in the main Caylee thread. It's awful busy over there at the moment. Smile

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 08:49:23 AM »

Video link of Mr. Grund talking about the Memorial.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/orange_news/061509_Caylee_Anthony_vigil_planned

Caylee Anthony vigil
planned

Updated: Tuesday, 16 Jun 2009, 7:39 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 15 Jun 2009, 8:37 PM EDT

HOLLY BRISTOW | FOX 35 News

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - It's hard to believe that the precious home video of little Caylee Anthony reading her favorite book, "Supper Time with Frieda Fuzzy Paws," while visiting her great grandfather was taken one year ago, June 15. And on June 16, she was last seen by her grandfather, George Anthony.

On Tuesday, dozens of people will gather at J. Blanchard Park to remember the 2-and-a-half year old. "We're getting together to acknowledge the loss of Caylee a year ago and to honor her and remember," said Richard Grund. His son, Jesse, was once engaged to Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.

Casey Anthony awaits trial, accused of killing Caylee, whose remains were later found in a wooded area of East Orange County.

For a time Richard Grund thought he was Caylee's paternal grandfather, until tests showed otherwise. "She was always so happy. She lit up the room. You couldn't not fall in love with Caylee. Whether she was our blood or not, she was our family" said Grund. "I'm hoping we can bring the focus back to what this is really all about, the loss of a little girl."

Grund, who is an ordained minister, will lead the prayers. An Internet group which started on the social networking site Facebook.com, has been raising money for the balloon and butterfly releases following the vigil.

Grund said little Caylee always loved butterflies, so he feels they are symbolic. "I'd like for people to remember her for what she was, a singing, laughing little girl," he said, adding, "if we remember her as a butterfly, we will see her beauty."

The vigil begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 16 in J.Blanchard Park.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:23:57 AM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.