April 25, 2024, 12:45:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 81-year-old Denton, TX woman fights home invasion attackers  (Read 2583 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: December 20, 2009, 03:40:15 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/81-year-old-woman-fights-home-invasion-attackers-79756907.html

81-year-old woman fights home invasion attackers
(video available at above link)

by MONIKA DIAZ / WFAA-TV

Posted on December 20, 2009 at 10:28 AM

DENTON ― Denton police are looking for four men who attacked an elderly woman in her home. It happened around 11:30 p.m.  Friday in the 2200 block of Southridge Drive.

Katherine Perry, 81, was watching television in her living room when the men broke a sliding glass door in the back of her house. 

“It was more maddening than anything,” Perry said. “I just got up, and of course, it went through deaf ears. I said, 'Get out of here, get out of here!'”

Perry told News 8  the men immediately grabbed her, but she tried to put up a fight. Her arms and wrists are covered with bruises.

“They were holding on so tight and then were moving me physically,” she said. “By then, I was mad and tried to stomp on one's foot, and one of them had his arms around my neck.”

The men dragged her to the master bedroom. One of them tied her feet with an rope and held her down. The others ransacked the house.

“They went through my dresser and they got my watch, my antique watch, my mother's and my dress ring,” Perry said.

The men, who were wearing ski masks, also took other jewelry and family heirlooms.

Investigators are checking pawn shops for Perry’s jewelry and looking for anyone who might have seen the men before the home invasion. If you can help, call Denton police at 940-349-7961.

As for Perry, she wants the burglars behind bars.

“So they won’t hurt anybody else or take advantage of another single lady like me," she said. "We are all so vulnerable.”

Perry, a hospital volunteer, wants families to take extra security measures after her ordeal. She now plans to install an alarm system to protect herself and her home.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.