April 16, 2024, 12:00:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "the note"  (Read 6538 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 13, 2009, 12:29:29 AM »

DD requested we do a thread for the note Mh left which stated the name of the streets the suitcase was left. Whitehall was stated, the other street name has not been released and the word suitcase  was mispelled.

I don't recall if I have seen a pic of the note but I do recall it was something like.

Whitehall and xxxxxxx suitcase  Sandra. (DD please correct this)

This was supposedly found when MH tried to commit suicide. Was she trying to tell people where she left the suitcase? I think that is the assumption. Any theories about this note???
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:38 PM »

they have never released the actual note, and they have never said the name of the other street.  They stated "suitcase" was misspelled and there were two street names mentioned - whitehall and they did not say what the other street name is.

I would really like to know the exact misspelling of "suitcase", and I would like to know the name of the other street.  I would actually love to SEE the actual note, not just a written copy of it, but the actual note and paper it is on etc.  I want to see HOW it was written also.  I believe melissa had "clues" in that note, and it is possible even the police don't understand what she was saying.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

how many ways are there to misspell "suitcase"? why would she misspell it?  she certainly knows how to spell suitcase. She did it on purpose for some reason.

To find me:
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 11:01:09 PM »

how many ways are there to misspell "suitcase"? why would she misspell it?  she certainly knows how to spell suitcase. She did it on purpose for some reason.

She is educated so it is strange she would mispell such an easy word. Lets see, sutcase, cutcase, cuitcase, suetcace,cuecace, suutcase, cuutcace? That is about all I can think of.

Why the note? She said she found it in her driveway in the area where her suitcase was stolen (remember that  story)... I think there is an assumption she left the note before she swallowed razor blades to inform people of where she left her because guilt. Is that what happened?

The reason the case was left in the pond it has been presumed so it could be found and or because she was in a hurry. What confuses me about this is, 1 there are easier places to leave a body if you want it found and 2 if she was in a hurry, why didn't she just take it to an outhouse next door to the MHP? Or the dumpster, or the side of a road. 5 minutes north or east and there is plent of space.

Hmmm DD do you think MH might not have written the note and maybe someone else wrote it to inform her of where the body is?
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 12:08:59 AM »

Sandra, To My Killer' Note Could Slow Search for 8-Year-Old's Killer
Thursday, April 09, 2009 

Print ShareThis
 Tracy Police Department/KTVU.com

Sandra Cantu
Sandra Cantu
 Investigators reportedly have returned to the mobile home park where a murdered 8-year-old California girl lived after police found an envelope that reads: "From Sandra, to my killer."

Inside, police found a note that says: "You've taken my life away from me but I forgive you and god will judge you at some point," Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Thursday evening.

Sheneman said the envelope was found where a memorial has been for several days. Investigators believe it was left between 4 and 4:30 a.m. Thursday.

He said police had examined the note and that it does not ahve any bearing on their investigation.

The message written on an envelope was discovered Thursday near a tree on the trailer park's grounds, KTXL.com reported.

However, KTVU.com reported the envelope would likely slow rather than help the search for Sandra Cantu's killer.

Sheneman said the evidence team was taking everything and anything into consideration in their search, but said some false leads were slowing their progress, KTVU.com reported. He said police have received 400 additional leads since Sandra's body was found in a suitcase Monday.

Click here for photos.

The 8-year-old's family broke their silence Wednesday for the first time since her body was found.

They spoke out against whoever is responsible for her death, but said they can't imagine who that might be.

"We don't have any idea who could have done something this horrible to her," Cantu's aunt Angie Chavez said on the "Today" show.

Chavez also praised the work police have done in the case so far and stressed the family wanted Cantu's killer brought to justice.

On Thursday the family issued a statement asking that no more items be left at a memorial for Sandra, saying that seeing it was too painful and that thoughts and prayers were more appreciated.

Police have served more than 15 search warrants in the case, including at the mobile home park where Cantu lived and a nearby church, but so far have no suspects, they said.

Related StoriesPolice Search Church in Death of Calif. Girl, 8, Whose Body Was Found in Suitcase
Body of Missing Calif. Girl Found in Suitcase
Police Release Video of Missing California Girl
FBI Re-Questions Man They Say Admits to Kissing Missing California Girl
Missing California Girl's Father Tells Her to 'Kick, Scream' to Escape
Police Search Homes of Two Men in Case of Missing 8-Year-Old California Girl
FBI Joins Search for Missing 8-Year-Old California Girl
California Search Team Hunts for Missing 8-Year-Old Girl
Photo EssaysMissing California Girl Sandra Cantu
"We feel a great deal of pressure. We want to find who is responsible for this," Sheneman told reporters Tuesday. "We don't want to rush to judgment and we don't want people tried in the press."

Cantu vanished March 27 after a surveillance video caught her skipping down the street near the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

Her body was found in a suitcase Monday, 10 days later, by farm workers draining a pond about two miles from her home.

Click here for more on this story from FOX Sacramento affiliate KTXL.com.

Click here for more on this story from FOX San Francisco affiliate KTVU.com.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »

Oh yea, this was the note left by the memorial. somewhere in these threads are pics of a man in a truck caught by the media, it is believed this was the man who left this note. Many on this forum (myself included) believed it to be Fred Williams. 

"You've taken my life away from me but I forgive you and god will judge you at some point," Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Thursday evening.

why would someone leave a note to Sandra's killer at her memorial? Why would someone assume Sandra would forgive her killer and why the need to say that? "god will judge you at some point" What does that mean? At some point? I have not heard that before. I have heard of judgement day, but never "at some point". This is another thing in this case that just doesn't seem to be what it is said to be. 
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »

Oh yea, this was the note left by the memorial. somewhere in these threads are pics of a man in a truck caught by the media, it is believed this was the man who left this note. Many on this forum (myself included) believed it to be Fred Williams. 

"You've taken my life away from me but I forgive you and god will judge you at some point," Sgt. Tony Sheneman told reporters Thursday evening.

why would someone leave a note to Sandra's killer at her memorial? Why would someone assume Sandra would forgive her killer and why the need to say that? "god will judge you at some point" What does that mean? At some point? I have not heard that before. I have heard of judgement day, but never "at some point". This is another thing in this case that just doesn't seem to be what it is said to be. 

Tracy
Those are very thought provoking and pressing questions!!!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »

Huckaby -Cantu Death 'An Accident' & She Wrote Note 4/1/4/09
Sources: Huckaby Claims Cantu Death 'An Accident'
New Search Warrants Issued In Cantu Case
POSTED: 6:06 pm PDT April 14, 2009
UPDATED: 12:52 am PDT April 15, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- Investigators close to the case said Melissa Huckaby admitted Tuesday that Sandra Cantu's death was an accident, KCRA 3-TV in Sacramento has learned.

Investigators also told KCRA 3 that Huckaby said she wrote the note she said she found at her mailbox the day after Cantu's disappearance.

According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'"

Two new search warrants were issued Tuesday in relation to the case.

Police won't say what evidence they were looking for, but KCRA 3 has confirmed through sources close to the investigation that police were looking for evidence related to the note.

The focus of one warrant was the West Clover Road Baptist Church and the other was for the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park home where Huckaby, 28, lived.

The Tracy Police Department also made an announcement Tuesday reaching out to the public.

"For the public if they have any indication that their children had any inappropriate contact with Miss Huckaby to contact us," Sheneman said.

Police said they made the announcement because Huckaby was a Sunday school teacher who had contact with other children. The announcement was bombshell for residents who said they have been following the case closely.

Huckaby is accused of killing the 8-year-old. She was arrested late Friday, four days after Cantu's body was found stuffed in a suitcase in an irrigation pond north of Tracy.

Huckaby told a Tracy Press reporter the suitcase was hers but it had been stolen the day Cantu went missing.

"I wish they could have found her a lot sooner, if they would have followed up on this a lot sooner," Huckaby said earlier Friday prior to her arrest.

Authorities have not said how or where Cantu was killed. They have not discussed a possible motive. But the official court complaint suggested the child was killed on or about March 27, the day she was reported missing from Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

Melissa Huckaby weeps during her arraignment in a Stockton courtroom. She faces charges in the kidnapping and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Huckaby did not enter a plea when she faced a judge in a Stockton courtroom Tuesday.

A public defender was assigned to Huckaby. Her next court appearance is April 24.

The special circumstances in a complaint filed Tuesday makes Huckaby eligible for the death penalty if prosecutors choose to pursue that option.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/19181500/detail.html

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 11:58:18 PM »

video about the note.

http://www.kcra.com/video/19181739/index.html

states Melissa told the investigators she found the note the day after sandra was missing, but after arrested she told them she is the one who wrote the note.  there were 2 search warrants issued, one at cll's house and one at the church BECAUSE OF THE NOTE. 

If I remember right this was the search at the church where they went in and came right back out and had the manilla envelopes?  I am not 100% positive I remember this right but I think this is the search it was.

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:20:20 AM »

Is there a note that is separate from the envelope.  I'm confused.  One item says something about forgiveness and the other a suit case at white hall?

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 01:30:31 AM »

Is there a note that is separate from the envelope.  I'm confused.  One item says something about forgiveness and the other a suit case at white hall?

there are two notes, one that melissa said she found the day after sandra went missing, that melissa later admitted she wrote it, it said cantu, suitcase(misspelled) the name of streets and whitehall.  they have never released the note so no telling what all it said or how.

the other note is a "letter" to the killer from sandra said to be written by fred williams.  this is the one found with the memorial stuff or something.

To find me:
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 01:49:43 AM »

Tracy
Those are very thought provoking and pressing questions!!!

Maybe it is like  DD mentioned about maybe the law sending out subliminal messages to maybe the killer/s. Maybe the note was written not by someone for Sandra. But to someone who was involved in Sandras murder. Maybe the person who wrote like maybe Melissa? Is sending a message out to a person who she feels manipulated her into being involved? I guess there are many ways in which one can interpret what is being said through the message. We can even have the thought of association with the words, God and Judement, relating it to someone who is aware of how things may end if the other is a religious sort of person.
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 01:57:31 AM »

Sorry I didn't read that Melissa wrote it? But the message from my perspective is directed to a person that should be of interest here, and we do not know who, but Melissa does. And my thoughts are that was the only way she felt she could send the message so it would be put in the media for another person to take note of how she felt. Maybe there is another person involved and they told Melissa to be quiet or her daughter or someone else close to her would get what Sandra did?

Just Pondering

~Love~
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 02:12:14 AM »

This note was not spoken about until after the suitcase was found....has the police confirmed this note or has it just been reported in the news from  "a source"? What did the police say about the note?

Love that is what I am wondering, if she could have been trying to send a message to someone she couldn't call or get to. 
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 04:29:10 AM »

This note was not spoken about until after the suitcase was found....has the police confirmed this note or has it just been reported in the news from  "a source"? What did the police say about the note?

Love that is what I am wondering, if she could have been trying to send a message to someone she couldn't call or get to. 

And if there is a note, I would say that the note wasn't because she wanted to reach or call someone, it was a message to other of how she felt about the whole situation and at "some point" they will also get what they deserve for what they have done..

I don't know Tracygirl, it is so sad all messed up and being kept in the dark about what evidence they do have, we are left to wonder and try to sort through and make sense things ourselves, it is very trying at times, and time consuming..

~Love~
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 01:50:29 PM »

Me three, Monkeys!
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 01:59:18 PM »

I know there could be MANY reasons WHY those 2 notes were left...
But I too, am wondering what the purpose was????  I mean really???

In some ways it seems like MH wanted to get caught!  I'm not so sure they would have zeroed in on her for quite some time. 
So for me it begs the question...
Was (is) MH more frightened by the Lawless family than prison & LE?????  If so....WHY???

Interesting the Pastor and his wife visited here soon after her incarceration.  I wonder if they have visited since?
I also read that they are poised to take custody of MH's daughter.  Let me see if I can find that quote....
Because I thought it was Judy Lawless fighting for custody!
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »

I would like to know the name of the person (bacchetti?) that lives at the nearest dwelling between Whitehall Rd. & Bacchetti Rd...
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 08:37:19 PM »

I would like to know the name of the person (bacchetti?) that lives at the nearest dwelling between Whitehall Rd. & Bacchetti Rd...

that would be the 05 parcel number on the map in the maps thread.  that is for 1.29 acres there on the corner of bacchetti and whitehall.  this is the listed address for bachetti dairy.  and I posted the names for that address in the irrigation pond thread last night, I believe it is the address ending in 00, but it is on the Irrigation thread.

To find me:
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »

Here is the intersection of Bacchetti and Whitehall Road and the house that resides on the corner...

Here is the Address of the house that resides on the corner..I tried it from the Bacchetti rd view with no address, and then Whitehall..Whitehall produce the address of the house...

Cited:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Bacchetti%20and%20whitehall%20rd&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.