March 19, 2024, 07:40:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melissa Lawless Huckaby  (Read 45279 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »

Welcome Birdgurl!
Sorry not many of us on this thread right now, we have been on the Lindsey Baum thread, trying to find her!
Hopefully, next week I'll be back here.  The geneology thread is a good place to see where the research has lead thus far.

love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »

from 4getUnot

I found a Timothy A Lawless with Melissa Lawless as relative on Intellius

Timothy A Lawless
View Details
 43  Peoria, IL
Crystal Lake, IL
Metamora, IL         
Timothy A Lawless
Melissa Lawless
Jane E Lawless 

So I googled Timothy A Lawless and got a link to Kidsafe org.

http://www.ksrc.us/Leagues/asp/listn2.asp

If you scroll down to Timothy A Lawless it shows him a Deacon and unknown for the team he will coach or whatever.  Anyway I'm wondering if he gave false info to try to pass a background check so he could get involved with kids.???? 

hello - this is my first post as i am a long-time lurker. i live in peoria  and tim lawless was my doctor for a while , he had a brother similar in age that died, and their father was also a dr. in this area and was my grandparent dr. they are long established residents of this area...i dont know anything about the melissa listed with them tho??

Welcome birdgurl, In reference to your post do you have anything to reference from that proves such admissions, like obituaries, Dr's address's,, etc. In the midst of your post you mention Melissa. And one thing is for certain she is of Great interest, but your single post about being a long time lurker is interesting as well. And the statements about Tim and his family and yours is also very interesting. We have all done a lot of research interest on both families going back generations with great reference sitings... Hours and hours, days, weeks, months...Do you have any?. Your post is simple without evidence really. I do hope you can provide such relevance to your statements to help us better understand where you are really coming from. Thank you for posting hope to hear from you soon!

~Love~
love4ever
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

Welcome Birdgurl!
Sorry not many of us on this thread right now, we have been on the Lindsey Baum thread, trying to find her!
Hopefully, next week I'll be back here.  The geneology thread is a good place to see where the research has lead thus far.

Hello Sister an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »

Welcome Birdgurl!

Hello Sister an angelic monkey

Hi Love, hope to have more time next week to dig into this again.  It haunts me.  Have been over on the Baum thread, plus my sister is still very sick.

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »

Thinking of you Sister, and YOUR Sis!!!!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »

Thank you my dear friend!!

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 01:39:47 AM »

I'm new here on Scared Monkeys, but the Sandra Cantu murder case has interested me since it broke the local news here in Sacramento, Ca.

Personally I couldn't believe a woman was named as the abductor and murderer, but we do live in some strange times.

I hope Melissa Huckaby is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 12:01:13 PM »

I'm new here on Scared Monkeys, but the Sandra Cantu murder case has interested me since it broke the local news here in Sacramento, Ca.

Personally I couldn't believe a woman was named as the abductor and murderer, but we do live in some strange times.

I hope Melissa Huckaby is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Welcome Tina BeeMost of us have been working on the Lindsey Baum case.  Hope to be back here soon.

Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 05:01:30 AM »

^I heard about the Lindsey Baum case. It's sad that she's still missing.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 07:37:48 PM »

Grand Jury Indicts Huckaby in Cantu Murder, Poisonings
STOCKTON, CA - The woman charged with the kidnapping, rape and murder of a Tracy girl last March was indicted in San Joaquin County Superior Court Monday.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, is accused of killing of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. The girl's body was found in a suitcase in a Tracy drainage pond 10 days after she was reported missing March 27.

The San Joaquin County grand jury indicted Huckaby on five counts: murder with the allegation of kidnapping; sex with a child 10 years old or younger; child abuse and endangerment; furnishing a harmful substance to a child; and furnishing a harmful substance to an adult.

The murder indictment carries two special circumstances: lewd and lascivious acts on a child, and rape by instrument.

The harmful substance indictments stem from charges prosecutors filed in May alleging Huckaby tried to poison a 7-year-old girl and a 37-year-old man. The girl recovered. The man has not been found.

Huckaby, who had visible marks on her forehead in court Monday, began crying when the indictment was read. A prosecutor indicated Huckaby had made the marks herself Monday morning.

The former Sunday School teacher did not enter a plea to Monday's charges. She has previously pleaded not guilty to the criminal charges of kidnapping, rape and murder.

Prosecutors convened the grand jury in late July rather than hold a preliminary hearing to determine whether Huckaby would stand trial. A trial date has not been set.

The district attorney's office has not determined if it will seek the death penalty against Huckaby.

The judge has imposed a gag order on the case, prohibiting court officers and case participants from commenting to media.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65310&provider=top

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:39:43 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2009, 01:05:06 PM »

Sunday school teacher to face death in child's killing

September 10, 2009
CNN) -- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty against a former California Sunday school teacher accused of killing an 8-year-old girl earlier this year.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, was indicted last month in the death of Sandra Cantu, a playmate of Huckaby's daughter. Huckaby lived in the same mobile home park as Cantu and her family in Tracy, California.

Sandra's body was found April 6, stuffed into a suitcase and submerged in a pond at a dairy farm. She was last seen alive March 27 in the mobile home park.

Huckaby is charged with kidnapping and murdering Sandra, according to the indictment, along with lewd and lascivious acts on a child under 14 and rape by instrument. She pleaded not guilty in June, but entered another not guilty plea on Thursday at a hearing, minutes of which were provided to CNN by a court spokeswoman.

Prosecutors said at the hearing Thursday they plan to seek the death penalty.

Huckaby is the granddaughter of Clifford Lane Lawless, pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church near the mobile home park, and she taught Sunday school at the church, police said.

The church was searched as part of the investigation into Sandra's disappearance and death.

Before her arrest, Huckaby acknowledged to a newspaper reporter that she owned the suitcase that contained Sandra's body, but said it had been stolen.

In addition to the charges in Sandra's death, Huckaby is charged with attempting to poison two people, including a 7-year-old girl. A complaint alleges she "did willfully and unlawfully mingle a harmful substance with food or drink" with the intent to harm the child.

The complaint identifies the child only as "Jane M. Doe." Huckaby is also charged with one count of child abuse endangerment regarding the girl, who the complaint says was in her "care and custody." The other alleged poisoning victim was identified as Daniel Plowman, but no other information was provided.

A gag order has been imposed on parties in the case. Superior Court Judge Linda L. Lofthus has also sealed documents in the case, including the autopsy and toxicology reports and documents relating to a defense motion to exhume Sandra's body.

Huckaby remains jailed without bail. A hearing was set for September 25.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/10/huckaby.death.penalty/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »

Thank you for this update -- I am waiting for the hearing today.  I want to hear a door slam really, really hard!!!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »

No trial date yet in Tracy girl slaying
The Associated Press
Updated: 09/25/2009 02:15:50 PM PDT

STOCKTON, Calif.—A judge has delayed setting a trial date for a Sunday school teacher accused of raping and killing an 8-year-old Tracy girl after the defense asked for more time.
Melissa Huckaby's lawyer, Sam Behar, requested the additional time Friday to work on "critical issues concerning the case."

San Joaquin County Judge Linda Lofthus didn't specify what those issues were in granting the delay, and gave Behar until December to give her "a realistic date" for trial.

Prosecutors had urged a speedy trial because of younger witnesses who might have trouble remembering details. They called Behar's motion a "stall tactic."

The 28-year-old Huckaby has pleaded not guilty in the death of Sandra Cantu, whose body was found in April stuffed in a suitcase. Huckaby also faces charges that she drugged two other people.

http://**/news/ci_13420990

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »

No trial date yet in Tracy girl slaying
The Associated Press
Updated: 09/25/2009 02:15:50 PM PDT

STOCKTON, Calif.—A judge has delayed setting a trial date for a Sunday school teacher accused of raping and killing an 8-year-old Tracy girl after the defense asked for more time.
Melissa Huckaby's lawyer, Sam Behar, requested the additional time Friday to work on "critical issues concerning the case."

San Joaquin County Judge Linda Lofthus didn't specify what those issues were in granting the delay, and gave Behar until December to give her "a realistic date" for trial.

Prosecutors had urged a speedy trial because of younger witnesses who might have trouble remembering details. They called Behar's motion a "stall tactic."

The 28-year-old Huckaby has pleaded not guilty in the death of Sandra Cantu, whose body was found in April stuffed in a suitcase. Huckaby also faces charges that she drugged two other people.

http://**/news/ci_13420990

December, what are they waiting for . . . Christmas?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 01:05:06 AM »

This is what I think is going on in the land of Lawless,

What Games People Play.

That suitcase was put where it was found on purpose. If anyone had intended to hide it, the suitcase would have been thrown into the California aqueduct just a mile away.

If it was not found then the DNA evidence inside the church would have pointed a finger to anyone and everyone associated to the church. So her body was put into Mellisa's suitcase and disposed of where it would be an easy find.
 Then the finger points to her and she is told to stay silent " she is" and lawyers are working there magic, paid for by Donations from undisclosed sources ?

Next will be a change of Venue..

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 10:40:35 AM »

This is what I think is going on in the land of Lawless,

What Games People Play.

That suitcase was put where it was found on purpose. If anyone had intended to hide it, the suitcase would have been thrown into the California aqueduct just a mile away.

If it was not found then the DNA evidence inside the church would have pointed a finger to anyone and everyone associated to the church. So her body was put into Mellisa's suitcase and disposed of where it would be an easy find.
 Then the finger points to her and she is told to stay silent " she is" and lawyers are working there magic, paid for by Donations from undisclosed sources ?

Next will be a change of Venue..

Edward, I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't.  Yet I remain hopeful that a new day is dawning (the "under toad" as in the World According to Garp).  People are getting really fed up with perps being "victims".  In my mind, it is the second sin -- the greatest sin -- the sin of excuses, blaming anyone and everyone for our actions and taking no responsibility.
I have tried to put myself in the place of her family -- yes, I would want her to have a qualified attorney and would do whatever to pay for that -- but at the same time (and I mean the same time), I would insist, as a condition of my help/finances, she take responsibility for what she has done.
Although not in this case, but people who say they did a crime and then plead not guilty are just working the system and I have no patience or sympathy for them at all.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

I think you are missing my point on this..

Let me make it more clear.
What happened inside of that church was an act of others and most likely males.

Melissa is a scape goat and LE should NOT stop investigating the church and its members.

There is a bigger picture.

Of course that is just my humble opinion.
sweetie_pi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 12:52:34 AM »

This was from her FaceBook...
Note her last log in date, Sandra's disappearance date, and her mood...

LONEMONEKY, Don't know if you're still there, I thought you guys had this one, but I think it is worth looking into a potential Oakhurst New Jersey connection to this mess. It may be nothing at all.

There is actually a MYSPACE page MEL to the ISSA.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=210449259

It was set up 7/6/2007 AND last login was 3/12/2009. SC was taken 3/27/2009.

There were 3 friends and one was a band that had a hit Anatomy of a Murder which I think was listed as Mel to the Issa's favorite.

But there are a few LAWLESS names that pop up in that small Monmouth County town, and nearby, as well as a few mental hospitals, addiction centers. Again, could be coincidence. Or not.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.