April 19, 2024, 09:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almer Gomes, Long time Res Of Tracy, Friends with Bacchetti  (Read 28536 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 05:23:12 PM »

Gilbert Gomes Sr.

May 14, 1919 — Nov. 15, 2004

Gilbert Gomes, 85, of Tracy died Sunday at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.

Mr. Gomes was a native of Lemoore and a lifelong resident of Tracy. He was a dairyman and farmer. He was a member of St. Bernard's Catholic Church, where he was an usher for many years. He was a volunteer for Tracy Rural and City Fire Department, and was a member of the Westside Pioneers, IPFES and the Oldsmobile Club.

He is survived by his wife, Dolores Gomes; children, Gilbert Gomes Jr. of Stockton, Valerie Gomes of Tucson, Ariz., Sharlene Stager of Oracle, Ariz., Dennis Valverde of Collegeville and Guy Valverde of Arnold; brothers, Almer Gomes and John Gomes, both of Tracy; and eight grandchildren and one great-grandchild. He was preceded in death by a son, Joseph Valverde; and two brothers.

Visitation from 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday at Fry Memorial Chapel. The rosary will be at 9:30 a.m Friday, followed by a Mass at 10:30 a.m. at St. Bernard's and burial at Tracy Mausoleum.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »

hmmmm, are the valverde children above in the obit his step-sons?  because they are not named gomes.  ok there it is almer IS his brother, so that is confirmed.  And he is a native of lemoore where the james gomes is who is the dairy guy I posted earlier. 

it is interesting to me that he is a member of the westside pioneers.  he is of the group who do not like change I bet. I guess I should not say that, I don't KNOW that, but... its a thought

To find me:
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

now my question is....

could manuel gomes, the step father of timothy, gary duane and jeffrey Carl, be part of this gomes family? 

another question.  who is the james gomes who is the herdsman out at the bacchetti/silva dairy, is he also part of this same gomes family.  I see a jame gomes up there with gilbert. 

We already know that the Almer gomes family is the same gomes family who lives across the street from the CLL mobile home and melissa.  if the almer famliy who lives across the street from her is the same gomes family as the herdsman of the bacchetti/silva dairy, then maybe this is how melissa was out at the dairy?  could she have went out there with one of the gomes' who lived across the street from her? 

let me look more
DD
Ya read me monkey-mind!!!!!
This is very important.....
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

Gilbert Gomes Sr.
May 14, 1919 — Nov. 15, 2004

Services will be Friday morning for Gilbert Gomes Sr., 85, a retired Tracy dairyman and community volunteer who died Monday at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital.
A native of Lemoore, Mr. Gomes came to Tracy with his family as an infant. His parents, Ignacio and Marie Gomes, established the family dairy in 1919 at the northwest corner of Tracy Boulevard and Grant Line Road.

After attending Tracy schools, Mr. Gomes operated the dairy with his parents and four brothers until it was closed in 1979. The property was then sold and became a shopping center that once was the location of Kmart, and more recently Van’s Ace Hardware and other businesses.
Mr. Gomes was a member of St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, where he was an usher for many years and a volunteer at fund-raising festivals to build and maintain St. Bernard’s School.
He was also a volunteer for the Tracy Rural Fire District, the Tracy Fire Department and Sutter Tracy Community Hospital. He was a member of the Westside Pioneers, IPFES, Our Lady of Fatima Society and the Oldsmobile Club. At Oldsmobile rallies and in local parades, Mr. Gomes loved to drive his 1953 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, which he purchased new and carefully maintained over the years.

Survivors include his wife of 31 years, Dolores Gomes of Tracy; a son, Gilbert Gomes Jr. and his wife Serena of Stockton; two daughters, Valerie Gomes of Tucson, Ariz., and Sharlene Stager and her husband Terry of Oracle, Ariz.; and two sons, Dennis Valverde and his wife Kim of Collegeville and Guy Valverde and his wife Casey of Arnold.
Also surviving are two brothers, Almer Gomes and John Gomes, both of Tracy.

He was preceded in death by his son, Joseph Valverde, and two brothers, Enos and Manuel Gomes.
Friday’s services will begin at 9:30 a.m. at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, 163 W. Eaton Ave., where a rosary will be recited, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial. Entombment will be in Tracy Mausoleum.
Visitation at Fry Memorial Chapel, 550 S. Central Avenue, will be observed from 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
The family prefers memorial contributions be sent to St. Bernard’s Catholic Church Building Fund, 163 W. Eaton Ave., Tracy 95376.

Originally published in the Tracy Press on Saturday, November 13, 2004.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »

okay gilbert was born in lemoore but was an infant in tracy and his parents started the dairy in 1919.. so chances are the james gomes in lemoore could be related but probably not his brother or the james listed with the gilbert family in previous posts. 

so who is james in the previous posts listed with the almer/gilbert family.  Is this the herdsman for the bacchetti/silva dairy. 

we now know that the parents started the dairy in 1919, it sold in 1979.  up until then the family including 4 brothers ran the dairy.  we know almer and gilbert are brothers.. the other 2 brothers are Enos and Manuel.  we need to find out when is Manuel born.  Could he be the manuel gomes who married timothy's mother?

we also know that almer's family lived across the street from meliss and CLL in the MHP, so she could very well know these people.  she could very well have went out to the bacchetti/ silva dairy with them.  This gomes family was good friends with the bacchetti's remember they met at and had lunch with them at the club place thing.  These are all oldtime portuguese dairy families.  They all now one another and they have all been in that area forever. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2009, 05:48:03 PM »

okay we are back to this, who is this JAMES?  is he the herdsman at the bacchetti/silva dairy?

phone number for marie gomes farms
(209) 835-5571

all the following connected with this phone number
 TRACY, CA

Possible Relatives:

RODRIGUES, MARIE ELIZABETH (Age 48)
GOMES, ROSALIE E (Age 77)
GOMES, GILBERT

TRACY, CA

Possible Relatives:

SAN RAMON, CA
TRACY, CA
PLEASANT HILL, CA

Possible Relatives:

RODRIGUES, GARY MICHAEL (Age 52)
GOMES, JOHN JR (Age 84)
RODRIGUES, RYAN M (Age 29)
GOMES, I
GOMES, GILBERT
GOMES, JAMES (Age 57)
GOMES, BERNADETTE (Age 48)
GOMES, ROSALIE E (Age 86)

GOMES, JAMES  (Age 57)
TRACY, CA

Possible Relatives:

RODRIGUES, MARIE ELIZABETH (Age 48)
GOMES, I
GOMES, BERNADETTE (Age 48)

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2009, 05:49:35 PM »

hmmm james' name does not show up in the obits.  why?  where is he?  dead?  lives far away?  in prison? james is not his real name?

going looking

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »

I am double checking, but I think Manuel Gomes of the Marylin Gomes, was born in 1930.

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2009, 05:51:32 PM »

Snipped:
http://www.privateeye.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx?auth=&vw=people&input=name&fn=manuel&mn=&ln=gomes&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=&age=&city=tracy&state=CA&db=www.privateeye.com

1.    GOMES, MANUEL C
 Tracy, CA   
AKA's/Aliases:
GOMES, CORINA
GOMES, CORINE   
GOMES, CORINA
GOMES, JASON CHRISTOPHER
GOMES, JONATHAN A   

2.    GOMES, MANUEL C

Tracy, CA   
GOMES, INEZ R
GOMES, BERNARDETTE
GOMES, JOSEPH
GOMES, CLARENCE E
GOMES, JOSEPH
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:04 PM »

Originally published in the Tracy Press on Tuesday, November 30, 2004.

John M. Gomes Sr.
April 22, 1925 — Nov. 26, 2004

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday morning for John M. Gomes Sr., 79, a retired longtime Tracy dairyman who died Friday morning at his Tracy home.
Family members said he enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with them Thursday and retired for the evening. He died in his sleep during the night.
A native of Tracy, Mr. Gomes served in the U.S. Army in France and Germany during World War II. After the war, he joined his parents, Ignacio and Marie Gomes, and four brothers in operating the Gomes Dairy at Grant Line Road and Tracy Boulevard. The dairy, started by the family in 1919, was closed in 1979 and the property sold. It later became a shopping center that once was the site of a Kmart store.
Mr. Gomes was a parishioner of St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, and he was a member of Knights of Columbus, IPFES, UPEC and Veterans of Foreign Wars.
He enjoyed spending time with his family, watching sports, gardening and taking daily morning walks.
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Rosalie Gomes of Tracy; a daughter, Marie Rodrigues and husband Gary Rodrigues of San Ramon; two sons, John Gomes Jr. of Tracy and Danny Gomes and companion Fran Bauer of Tracy; two grandchildren, Matthew Rodrigues of San Ramon and Michelle Gomes of Missoula, Mont.; and a brother, Almer Gomes of Tracy.
Preceding him in death were his parents, Ignacio and Marie Gomes; and three brothers, Enos Gomes, Gilbert Gomes Sr. and Manuel Gomes Sr.
Thursday’s Mass will begin at 10:30 a.m. at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, 163 W. Eaton Ave. Interment will follow at Tracy Cemetery.
Visitation will be observed from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Fry Memorial Chapel, 550 S. Central Ave., where a rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. that same day.

so marie who is married to gary rodrigues is John's daughter.

To find me:
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »

Snipped:
http://www.veromi.net/Summary.asp

GOMES,�MANUEL�M (Age 79)

Associated names:

�GOMES,�MANUEL�
�GOMES,�MANUEL�JR
   Available(1)    Available    
CASTRO VALLEY,�CA
HAYWARD,�CA

Possible Relatives:
GOMES,�CONNIE�(Age�71)�<-----------Connie, ehh?
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

GOMES,�MANUEL�C (Age 53)
LOS BANOS,�CA    

Possible Relatives:
GOMES,�MARK�G�(Age�44)
GOMES,�MARILYLN�(Age�73)<-----------could this be a nephew?
GOMES,�MICHAEL�D�(Age�68)
GOMES,�MARILYN�B�(Age�73)�
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

Name: Bernadette Gomes
Birth Date: Jun 1960
Address: 8747 Almendra, Tracy, California 95376-0801 (1993)

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2009, 06:25:28 PM »

GOMES,�MANUEL�C (Age 53)
LOS BANOS,�CA    

Possible Relatives:
GOMES,�MARK�G�(Age�44)
GOMES,�MARILYLN�(Age�73)<-----------could this be a nephew?
GOMES,�MICHAEL�D�(Age�68)
GOMES,�MARILYN�B�(Age�73)�

that is pretty interesting. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »

I find this james in manteca, right by tracy. 

GOMES, JAMES D (Age 55) he is two years younger than the one we are looking for though. 

Associated names:

GOMES, JAMES V
  MANTECA, CA
LATHROP, CA

Possible Relatives:

GOMES, DIANE V (Age 49)
TORRES, TINA M (Age 40)
GOMES, GEORGE GILBERT (Age 66)
GOMES, DIANNE
GOMES, DANIEL B (Age 45)
ROJAS, DANIELLE M (Age 26)
GOMES, KIM
GOMES, O 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »

okay here is the marriage of the james gomes in lemoore by fresno.  he is born abt 1940, so this is NOT the james listed with the almer relatives who is born abt 1952

California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
about James A Gomes
Name: James A Gomes
Est. Birth: abt 1940 
Spouse Name: Sharlene M Bakula
Spouse Age: 20 
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1942 
Date: 18 Aug 1962

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 06:45:06 PM »

hmmm I thought there were 4 brothers?  who is john?

1930 United States Federal Census
about Enos Gomes
Name: Enos Gomes
Home in 1930: Tulare, San Joaquin, California
View Map
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1918 
Relation to Head of House: Son 
Father's Name: Inas S
Mother's Name: Marie S
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace: View image
Neighbors: View others on page 
Household Members: Name Age
Inas S Gomes 50 
Marie S Gomes 35 
Enos Gomes 12 
Gilbert Gomes 10 
Manuel Gomes 9 
Elmer Gomes 7 
John Gomes 5 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »

hmmm john is listed on the original census as a SON... the parents are listed as from Azores Islands.  That is pretty common for the portuguese

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 06:55:38 PM »

hmmm why is it we are alwasy stuck on the most important people Monkey Devil!

I am wondering if james has a different first name, maybe he is john james??  or something.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »

Social Security Death Index
about Enos Gomes
Name: Enos Gomes
SSN: xxxxx 
Last Residence: 95376  Tracy, San Joaquin, California, United States of America
Born: 28 Apr 1918
Died: Aug 1983
State (Year) SSN issued: California (1955)

To find me:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.