March 28, 2024, 02:35:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almer Gomes, Long time Res Of Tracy, Friends with Bacchetti  (Read 28357 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »

his mother is a SOUZA

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Enos Joseph Gomes
Name: Enos Joseph Gomes
Social Security #: XXXXXX
Sex: MALE 
Birth Date: 28 Apr 1918
Birthplace: California 
Death Date: 20 Aug 1983
Death Place: San Joaquin 
Mother's Maiden Name: Souza 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2009, 07:33:17 PM »

now lets go back to this

Mydairyman.com Articles

Do not let the niceties fool you; Ann is all dairy, all the time. She is part of a dynamic trio running Bacchetti and Silva Dairy in Tracy, CA, along with manager Peter Corallo and herdsman James Gomes, and has been involved in the family operation since 1977.

ann silva is actually ann bacchetti, so she must have married a silva.

let me go find her marriage.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »

here it is

California Marriage Index, 1960-1985
about Ann Bacchetti
Name: Ann Bacchetti
Est. Birth: abt 1958 
Spouse Name: Mario A Silva
Spouse Age: 23 
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1954 
Date: 10 Sep 1977

she married mario A Silva.. so, is one of his sisters the silva mother or a gomes child?

let me look

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2009, 07:37:29 PM »

is this ann silva / nee bachetti?

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
about Ann P Bacchetti
Name: Ann P Bacchetti
Birth Date: 21 Jun 1958
Mother's Maiden Name: Ferrario 
Birth County: San Joaquin 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:31 PM »

United States Obituary Collection
about Mario Silva
Name of Deceased: Mario Silva
Age at Death: 51 
Obituary Date: 22 Jun 2005
Newspaper Title: Tracy Press 
Newspaper Location: Tracy, CA, Us
Locations Mentioned in Obituary: Escalon
Tracy,
CA
Fremont
Azores

Other Persons Mentioned in Obituary: Carlo Penninella
Berni Silva
Manuel Silva H.
Ann Bacchetti
Lino Bacchetti
Fernando Silva
Hortense
Frances Bacchetti
Frank I.
Mary Silva L.
Connie
Maria Silva O.
Frank Silva J.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:31 PM »

Mario Silva
Nov. 21, 1953 — June 18, 2005

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday morning for Mario Silva, 51, a Tracy dairyman who died Saturday at his home following a brief illness.

A native of Conceicao, Faial, Azores, he came to the U.S. with his family in 1959, settling first in Escalon and then moving to Tracy a year later. Mr. Silva attended Banta School and graduated from Tracy High School in 1972.

He was a partner in Silva Bros. Dairy on Grant Line Road and in 1978 became a partner with his father-in-law, Lino Bacchetti, in the Bacchetti & Silva Dairy on Bacchetti Road north of Tracy. Mr. Silva and his wife, Ann, operated the 750-cow dairy.

On April 6, 1997, then Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Guterres, on a tour of California, visited the Bacchetti & Silva Dairy. r. Silva showed the prime minister the operations of the dairy equipped with a unique “carousel” milking parlor.

After the tour of the dairy, the prime minister said, “I must say I’m very proud to see some people coming from Portugal operating such modern companies producing in such excellent quality conditions with such efficiency.”

In 2002, the dairy produced an Italian-style semi-soft cheese sold throughout Northern California.

Mr. Silva was a director of the Independent Mutual Water Co., a member of Western United Dairymen, a former chairman of Ag Credit of California and a member of IPFES.

He was a parishioner at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church and a member of the St. Bernard’s Capital Building Fund.

He enjoyed traveling and is remembered as a loving son, husband, brother, uncle and a good friend to many.

Survivors include his wife of 27 years, Ann Bacchetti, of Tracy; his mother, Maria O. Silva of Tracy; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Hortense and Carlo Penninella of San Ramon and Connie and Peter O’Hara of Fremont; a brother, Manuel H. Silva of Tracy; a brother and sister-in-law, Frank I. and Mary L. Silva of Tracy; and a sister-in-law, Berni Silva of Tracy.

Also surviving are 13 nieces and nephews; nine great-nieces and nephews; and his father- and mother-in-law, Lino and Frances Bacchetti of Tracy.

He was preceded in death by his father, Frank J. Silva; and a brother, Fernando Silva.

Wednesday’s Mass will begin at 10:30 a.m. at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church, 163 W. Eaton Ave. Interment will be in Tracy Mausoleum.
A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. Tuesday at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church.

Visitation will be observed from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at Fry Memorial Chapel, 550 S. Central Ave.

The family prefers memorial contributions in Mr. Silva’s name be sent to the St. Bernard’s Catholic Church Building Fund, 163 W. Eaton Ave., 95376.

Published on Monday, June 20, 2005, in the Tracy Press.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »

I.P.F.E.S. - Tracy Festa
80th Annual Portuguese Holy Ghost celebration.
Annually: 1st Sunday after Trinity Sunday by / at I.P.S.E.S. Hall
430 West 9th St., Tracy, CA 95376
Irmandade Portuguesa da Festa do Espirito Santo
(also known as the IPFES association, or
Tracy Ballroom, or Portuguese Hall )

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »

Gilbert Gomes, Sr. was also a member of St. Bernard's.
CLL's stepmother Esther was also a catholic, but not a member of this church.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2009, 07:52:13 PM »

Festa bullfights under scrutiny after arrests
by Jennifer Wadsworth/ TP staffJun 02, 2009 | 498 views | 5  | 5  |  |  Animal control officers plan to attend the upcoming bullfights in Tracy, held for the first time in two years after investigators uncovered alleged animal cruelty at the event in 2007.

A private investigator just last week accused bullfighters of stabbing bulls until they bled during a bullfight in Thornton. Two men were arrested Friday at that northern San Joaquin County bullfight after they also allegedly attacked the investigator who tried to seize some prods from the bullfighters.

Darren Nunes, 23, and Cesar Rocha, 38, were arrested in Thornton on suspicion of assault just weeks before Tracy’s June 19 bullfights. In addition to the local animal control officers, some animal rights investigators say they, too, may crash the event, part of an annual Portuguese religious celebration.

Otherwise, two animal control investigators will inspect the bulls before the fights and two will stay for the rest of the event, said Tracy police spokesman Sgt. Tony Sheneman.

Last year’s bullfights in Tracy were canceled because of financial troubles, according to the host organization, Irmandade Portuguesa da Festa do Espirito Santo. The cancelation also came after police warned organizers to keep an eye out for animal abuse.

It’s illegal in California to make animals bleed for entertainment — bullfights held across California by various organizations this summer are billed as bloodless — and illegal to even have a bullfight unless it’s part of a religious celebration.

In 2007, authorities had showed up to witness the fights after a tipster told them some bullfighters use illegally sharp prods to aggravate the bulls. Sure enough, investigators said they saw at least one bloody bull and warned the organization that if that happened again, they’d ban the fights from the festival.

But the nonprofit organizers denied that the 2007 incident had any bearing on why they canceled the Tracy fights last year.

This year’s organizers declined to comment on the bullfights, preferring instead to talk about the religious festival that’s the main part of the event. The Portuguese festa kicks off with a June 12 dinner and continues into June 13 with a parade, fair and feasting.

Though it’s unclear if some of the same matadors at last week’s Thornton fight will attend the Tracy event this year, many of them travel from fight to fight, according to the Irmandade da Missao, a Portuguese group out of San Jose that helps organize many of the cultural celebrations in Northern California.

About 50 people visited the courtroom Tuesday to support the two men — Rocha and Nunes — during their arraignment. Both pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor assault charges and were released of their own recognizance.

The investigator from a nonprofit animal rights group called Animal Rights Investigations and who accused the two men of attacking him said that Nunes choked him until he almost lost consciousness. The two men were originally accused of assaulting San Joaquin County Sheriff’s deputies and for inciting a riot after the investigator tried to take some sharpened prods allegedly used to stab the bulls during the fight.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2009, 07:53:01 PM »

mario silva, husband of ann brachetti, his family also came from the azores islands. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »

this is interesting, it tells about the HOLY GHOST CELEBRATION originating in the Azores.  so this is the celebration they hold each years at the IPFES

http://kulacath.ipower.com/page4.html

THE CELEBRATION OF PENTECOST

The Holy Ghost Feast has been held at Holy Ghost Mission each year at Pentecost for 118 years.  The date changes each year because it falls fifty days after Easter. In 2009 it will take place on May 30-31.  Please see the Parish Calendar page for more details about the work schedule for this important event as we get closer to the date.   We need and welcome all the volunteers who are willing to help to prepare the grounds, booths, and lau laus for the free Feast we provide.   

The event celebrates the pouring out of the Holy Spirit on the apostles, preparing them to carry out their mission to spread the Good News and build the church after the resurrection and ascension of Jesus. Pentecost, therefore, is considered the birth of the church and the beginning of the church's active mission.

Decorations and vestments for Pentecost are red, symbolizing the love and fire of the Holy Spirit. Other symbols of the event are the dove (peace), tongues of flame (inspiration), and wind (breath of life). Read Acts 1 and 2 in your bible for the full story of the first Pentecost.

PORTUGAL'S QUEEN ELIZABETH
The original Holy Ghost Feast was held during the reign of Elizabeth (Isabel) of Portugal, who lived from 1271 to 1336. She was known as a peacemaker and as "The Holy Queen" who was devoted to the Holy Spirit. She built a church dedicated to the name of the Holy Spirit in Lisbon and often demonstrated her devotion to her people and their well-being. There are many stories of the Queen's piety and service, but the dearest to the Portuguese people of the Azores is the one explaining their devotion to Queen Elizabeth and the Holy Ghost.

In the 13th century, the Azores Islands suffered from many violent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The most seriously hit was the Island of Pico. The people of these Azores Islands could not survive the drought, crop failures, and famine that now plagued them. They gathered together in prayer to the Holy Ghost for help. On the morning of Pentecost Sunday, there was a great rising sun, and the people of these islands saw in the sunrise a ship coming into the Port of Fayal. This ship was laden with necessities of life. The food was distributed among the people of the various islands, and they were very grateful that their prayers had been answered.

When their Queen heard of this providence, she organized a solemn procession in honor of the Holy Ghost. Accompanied by her maids she carried her Crown through the streets of Lisbon to the cathedral, where she left it on the altar as an offering of thanksgiving for the favors the Holy Ghost had given her people. In addition, she began a tradition of feeding the poor at Pentecost. Each year she chose twelve people to whom she gave a new suit of clothing and personally served them a meal at her table. The people of the Azores vowed that they and their children and their children's children would commemorate the day by giving thanks to their Queen for the sacrifice she made.

Since then, many Portuguese churches have displayed replicas of her eight-sided crown in remembrance of her goodness and God's grace. Later, in the 16th century, the church canonized this holy queen in recognition of the miracles that were attributed to her pious life.

KULA'S HOLY GHOST FEAST

The Portuguese who came to Hawaii in the late 1800's brought with them the devotion to the Holy Ghost and the traditions of St. Elizabeth. Some believe that the Holy Ghost Church's octagonal shape is related to the shape of her crown.

In 1891 a replica of the crown arrived in Kula as a gift of the Azorean people, and the first recorded Holy Ghost Feast was held in Kula shortly thereafter. In 1896, when the church was completed, the crown was housed in a special altar at the front of the church. Unfortunately, in August of 1985 the replica was stolen from the church. With the help of John Henry Felix, a new crown was received from the people of Portugal in 1987 and is now displayed in a special case near the entrance of the church. 

In the early days of the Kula Catholic Community, a drawing was held on Easter to determine which seven families would have the honor of keeping the crown in their homes for one week each between Easter and Pentecost. At the end of each week, the crown would be carried in procession to the next home chosen. Then it would be displayed at the Feast in a prominent place where other parishioners could make sacrifices to the Holy Ghost for prosperity, good harvests, and rain for drought parched pastures. A local queen, representing Queen Elizabeth of Portugal, accompanied the crown in procession, and ladies of the church served a free meal made from beef and pork donated by local ranchers. The family holding the crown at Pentecost held it until the next Easter drawing.

Today the Holy Ghost Feast celebrates Pentecost, as well as these traditions of the early Portuguese immigrants to Hawaii. A free lau lau meal is available to all who come, carrying on Queen Elizabeth's tradition of feeding her cherished subjects. Her crown is carried in procession following mass, accompanied by a local queen, and it is displayed prominently on the grounds in respect for St. Elizabeth. Many parishioners and visitors offer their personal sacrifices in the form of donations to the church in the name of the Holy Ghost. In addition, many other activities, auctions, traditional foods and crafts, and entertainment take place throughout the two-day festival, which also provides income for church facilities and activities for the coming year.

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2009, 08:06:57 PM »

thanks for that info, very interesting.
I went to a bull fight, once, when I was in Spain.  I lasted about 2 minutes into the fight.  I left crying.  The folks looked at me like I was crazy.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »

I think it always helps to understand the culture of the people you are researching.   

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2009, 08:16:44 PM »

I'm going to start a tree for the gomes family because somehow it might tie to the bracchetti/silva dairy.  They certainly do live across the street from Melissa and CLL.  They are closely tied in friendship if nothing else, to the bracchetti/silva dairy.  This very well could be how melissa ended up going to the dairy.

To find me:
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2009, 09:12:12 PM »

I think it always helps to understand the culture of the people you are researching.   

Oh yes, at the bull fight there were little children, etc.  it was to them like a day at the ball park for me.  Different cultures are very fascinating.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2009, 10:39:42 PM »

okay I have the gomes in the MHP all sorted with records and in a tree.  I will keep adding more info as we get it but for now this helps to keep track of who is who in this gomes line.  I will go post it on the genealogy thread.

david who is in the mhp at space 70 lives across the street from melissa and CLL?  we figured that out somehow but I forget how now LOL

david is the son of almer who is friends with bacchetti and the bacchetti/silva dairy where the pond is where sandra was deposited. 

These are all dairy people.  almer's parents came from the Azores Islands, Portugal. 
The Marie Gomes Farm is named after his mother Marie Souza who married Ignacio Gomes.  They started the dairy in 1919 and it closed in 1979.  the parents and 4 of the brothers ran the dairy;

parents: Ignacio and Marie Gomes
4 brothers:
Enos
Manuel
Almer
Gilber P

there is another brother John M Gomes

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2009, 02:44:25 AM »

California Birth Index, 1905-1995
about Manuel Gomes
Name: Manuel Gomes
Birth Date: 16 Oct 1920
Mother's Maiden Name: Sousa 
Birth County: San Joaquin 

this is the brother of almer gomes

could this also be the manuel gomes marylin tieken married after she married gary d lawless?

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2009, 02:47:14 AM »

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Manuel Clarence Gomes
Name: Manuel Clarence Gomes
Social Security #:xxxxxxxx
Sex: MALE 
Birth Date: 16 Oct 1920
Birthplace: California 
Death Date: 2 Mar 1997
Death Place: San Joaquin 
Mother's Maiden Name: Desouza 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2009, 02:54:51 AM »

nope, birthdate is way off.
manuel gomes who marries marylin tieken is born 1929

about Manuel Gomes
Est. Birth: abt 1929 
Spouse Name: Marylin E Tieken
Spouse Age: 36 
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1937 
Date: 30 Oct 1973

To find me:
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2009, 01:48:10 PM »

nope, birthdate is way off.
manuel gomes who marries marylin tieken is born 1929

about Manuel Gomes
Est. Birth: abt 1929 
Spouse Name: Marylin E Tieken
Spouse Age: 36 
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1937 

Yeesh. You guys are amazing.

So we have connected Diedre and Her Mom and Tim Lawless through the business info, correct?

no, haha, we have connected no one for certain yet.

my personal opinion is this:  (from what it is looking like to me)

richard ray lawless - 3 counts of child rape, living in  buclarkston/lewiston areas will most likely connect to one of the CCL's uncles families, of which there is the Johnson line also

Timothy John Lawless, 10 sex crimes in jail in sacramento, whose father is gary d lawless, is still a total brick wall as no one can find Gary D lawless the father. But we believe the gary d lawless sex offender is his brother.  this is the gary d lawless who also was arrested and in prison on a drug deal gone bad/murder, he beat the murder and was to be released this year, he could be out, or just about getting out.
we are still working to find out which line his father is from. 

Do you have a Birth date for Gary D. Lawless?
I Have 2 for that name:
12/30/1947 Carthage, Texas
7/03/1932   Belle Plaine Kansas

these are the 3 boys

Timothy John Lawless (in jail in sac for 10 sex crimes)
Name: Timothy J Lawless (Timothy John Lawless, aka Gomes)
Birth Date: 11 Dec 1964
Mother's Maiden Name: Tieken
Birth County: Glenn

brother
Name: Gary D Lawless (Gary Duane Lawless, aka Gomes)
Birth Date: 7 Apr 1966
Birth County: Napa

brother
Name: Jeffrey C Lawless (jeffrey carl lawless, aka Gomes)
Birth Date: 21 Nov 1967

mother and father of timothy john lawless
Name: Marylin E Tieken
Est. Birth: abt 1938
Spouse Name: Gary D Lawless
Spouse Age: 35
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1933
Date: 6 Jun 1968

Name: Marylin E Tieken
Est. Birth: abt 1937
Spouse Name: Manuel Gomes
Spouse Age: 44
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1929

mothers birth and mother's maiden name
Name: Marylin Elizabeth Tieken
Birth Date: 20 Mar 1937
Mother's Maiden Name: Forman

caifornia divorce
Name: Marylin E Ticken
Spouse Name: Gary D Lawless
Date: Jul 1968

she married gary d lawless under the last name of short also
Name: Gary D Lawless
Est. Birth: abt 1933
Spouse Name: Marylin E Short
Spouse Age: 30
Est. Spouse Birth: abt 1938
Date: 6 Jun 1968

I have arrest records, child support, property deeds, etc.  We just can't figure out where Gary D. Lawless the father went or which lawless family he connects to. The mother and brothers show up in Napa, Glenn County, Butte County, Tehema County, Shasta County.  We believe the brother Gary is the Sex Offender who was in Butte County who was in Jail in Oakland/Alameda County, suppose to be released from prison this year.(not positive if this is him but seems to be).  all we need now is the father and go back and find his parents to see which line he ties too.

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.