April 28, 2024, 08:50:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #139 6/21/09 - 6/24/09  (Read 311959 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #600 on: June 22, 2009, 03:10:44 PM »

Casey Anthony: Nancy Grace tells 'The View' you 'don't need motive'
posted by halboedeker on Jun 22, 2009 12:12:43 PM
Discuss This: Comments (2) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
The Casey Anthony case made its way on "The View" this morning.

The "View" panelists wanted guest Nancy Grace's take on the saga of slain toddler Caylee Anthony and her mother, Casey, who is charged with the child's murder.

HLN host Grace talked about the autopsy and the finding of duct tape on the child's face -- "prior to decomposition, most likely while the girl was alive."

The "View" team reacted with revulsion.

"But there's no motive?" Barbara Walters asked.

"Don't need motive," Grace said. "If I had to crawl into every murderers' head that I ever prosecuted, I'd still be trying to prove my first murder. Why would you murder anybody? But it does help the state to have a motive."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/06/casey-anthony-nancy-grace-tells-the-view-you-dont-need-motive.html
It definitely helps the state to have a motive, I think a jury wants to here one, imo. I know if I were on a jury, that would be important to have a motive, presented to me, to some degree, somekind of reason.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #601 on: June 22, 2009, 03:11:12 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted yet

State Wants To Photo Anthony's Tattoo
Prosecution Requests Trial Within 60 Days In Check Fraud Case

POSTED: Monday, June 22, 2009
UPDATED: 12:58 pm EDT June 22, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office has filed motions in two different cases against Casey Anthony, including a request to photograph one her tattoos from jail.

VIDEO: Motions Filed

In motions filed on Monday, the prosecution requested to take photographs of a tattoo on Anthony's shoulder.

Tattoo artist Danny Colomarino told investigators he gave Anthony the tattoo in early July 2008, two weeks after her daughter, Caylee Anthony, went missing.

snipped

Lemme do it. I won't need to photograph it...I'll just skin it off her back and deliver it to the prosecution ....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: June 22, 2009, 03:11:50 PM »

Maybe I am confused but I was under the impression that Dr. G found that the tape was applied PRIOR to decomp?
That is what the report said prior to decomp.  It did not say whether the tape was applied before, during or immediately after the murder.
IIRC decomposition begins within 4 minutes of death.
Based on that information, to be placing duct tape on someone during a murder is a highly ambitious task. Immediately afterword would suggest KC used the duct tape to hold in the fluids, I would think she would have wrapped the whole head if that were the case. I think we will see the state keeping it simple ( in contrast to Bozo). While they can not determine the cause of death, and toxicology reports can not support drugs being used, the manner in which the duct tape was applied suggests suffocation.
I don't think the drug evidence is over yet. The report on the maggots has not been released and I am betting that is being held for trial. Maggots larvae will have the same drugs in them that the body does.
Anybody ever had the thought that Casey "slipped Amy a mickey" on at least two occasions?  Once when she woke up with different pants on, and once when she woke up $400 poorer?

Caylee could have been knocked out in the same way.  The duct tape could have been applied once she was unconscious, to cause death by suffocation.  No screaming, no struggling, no need to physically restrain Caylee.  There's the "soft death" that some people talk about.  Caylee wasn't in a swimsuit. And she wasn't in her jammies, at least I don't think so.  She seemed to have been dressed in day clothes.  This scenario could have taken place at any time.  (Did we ever figure out about the purple band on the pull-ups?  Regular, swimmers, or overnight??)

Soft death or not, that scenario would certainly be more cold and premeditated than the rage-killing theory.

Anyway, if they will be trying Casey for the fraud charges, that means Amy gets to testify... The cash theft should be able to be brought in, right?  Regardless, details related to the theft from Amy will add meat to the murder case IMO...

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: June 22, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »

It would be hard to overcome the evidence of her cashing those checks though.        But she did plead Not Guilty to the charges.
With Amy saying in one of the transcripts that she woke up with different clothes on and no idea how that happened I am sorry to say that they could use that against her.  They could claim Amy willing gave Casey the cheques and just can not remember.  Casey does no wrong.  Casey will throw anyone under the bus.  That is what I have seen so far so why change now?

That was regarding cash, the checkbook was left in Amy's car & at no time during the discussion of missing that $400 did a checkbook or missing checks come up.   Amy went to PR & the checkbook was in her car that Casey was driving.  The checks should have been caught by the cashiers because Casey did not sign it in Amy's name, she signed it Casey Anthony.   In addition, it could very well come up via witness testimony that Casey stealing her grandparents checks will come up which were well before Caylee's murder (pattern).

Didn't she sign one of them "Amy Huizenga," too?  (Though they still should have caught her by properly ID'ing her.)

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: June 22, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »

Thinking further about the theory of Casey causing Caylee to be unconscious first, then duct-taping her to cause death by asphyxiation....

A pillow would have been so much easier for the purpose of suffocation than duct tape... which would indicate a weakness in this theory ---  UNLESS ---  the murder occurred away from home.... like outdoors somewhere, or perhaps in her car... where there was no pillow around, and she happened to have duct tape handy. 

But then how would we explain the heart sticker; it would probably be a stretch to say she would happen to have a heart sticker and duct tape at hand in the same environment.  Of course, the heart sticker could have been added later as an afterthought, maybe before bagging Caylee's body, like a goodbye kiss because it was the last time she would see Caylee's face?

(I'm making myself so sad here... Quick, somebody shoot down this theory!) 

Duct tape could have also been chosen deliberately, in order to make it look more like a kidnap/murder thing, I dunno.  She did watch CSI and all...

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state attorney's office has filed motions in two different cases against Casey Anthony, including a request to photograph one her tattoos from jail.

In motions filed on Monday, the prosecution requested to take photographs of a tattoo on Anthony's shoulder.

Tattoo artist Danny Colomarino told investigators he gave Anthony the tattoo in early July 2008, two weeks after her daughter, Caylee Anthony, went missing.

snipped

Lemme do it. I won't need to photograph it...I'll just skin it off her back and deliver it to the prosecution ....

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: June 22, 2009, 03:24:48 PM »

Hi Monkeys,
sorry if already talked about.

The mat of hair has been bothering me. Maybe, I'm missing something but how does a deceased person get a hair mat?
I think of hair mats from being bed-ridden, no hair care, a 34 month old throwing a fit in a car seat or struggling.

This is heartbreaking. Every picture I've seen of Caylee her hair is well taken care of which leads me to believe....

Belated Hellos to CBB and SunnyinTx

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: June 22, 2009, 03:26:31 PM »

Thinking further about the theory of Casey causing Caylee to be unconscious first, then duct-taping her to cause death by asphyxiation....

A pillow would have been so much easier for the purpose of suffocation than duct tape... which would indicate a weakness in this theory ---  UNLESS ---  the murder occurred away from home.... like outdoors somewhere, or perhaps in her car... where there was no pillow around, and she happened to have duct tape handy. 

But then how would we explain the heart sticker; it would probably be a stretch to say she would happen to have a heart sticker and duct tape at hand in the same environment.  Of course, the heart sticker could have been added later as an afterthought, maybe before bagging Caylee's body, like a goodbye kiss because it was the last time she would see Caylee's face?

Duct tape could have also been chosen deliberately, in order to make it look more like a kidnap/murder thing, I dunno.  She did watch CSI and all...

I cannot shoot down your theory, as I have been on this road for a long time. I think the killing was done in the car, and the bagging and sticker placing was done on the 16th during the flurry of calls. She just wanted to be sure the coast was clear. It makes me sad too. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: June 22, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »

Casey Anthony: Nancy Grace tells 'The View' you 'don't need motive'
posted by halboedeker on Jun 22, 2009 12:12:43 PM
Discuss This: Comments (2) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
The Casey Anthony case made its way on "The View" this morning.

The "View" panelists wanted guest Nancy Grace's take on the saga of slain toddler Caylee Anthony and her mother, Casey, who is charged with the child's murder.

HLN host Grace talked about the autopsy and the finding of duct tape on the child's face -- "prior to decomposition, most likely while the girl was alive."

The "View" team reacted with revulsion.

"But there's no motive?" Barbara Walters asked.

"Don't need motive," Grace said. "If I had to crawl into every murderers' head that I ever prosecuted, I'd still be trying to prove my first murder. Why would you murder anybody? But it does help the state to have a motive."

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/06/casey-anthony-nancy-grace-tells-the-view-you-dont-need-motive.html
It definitely helps the state to have a motive, I think a jury wants to here one, imo. I know if I were on a jury, that would be important to have a motive, presented to me, to some degree, somekind of reason.

Yes I have heard NG say that many times.  Just a pizzed off kind of day can cause some people to murder.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: June 22, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »

It would be hard to overcome the evidence of her cashing those checks though.        But she did plead Not Guilty to the charges.
With Amy saying in one of the transcripts that she woke up with different clothes on and no idea how that happened I am sorry to say that they could use that against her.  They could claim Amy willing gave Casey the cheques and just can not remember.  Casey does no wrong.  Casey will throw anyone under the bus.  That is what I have seen so far so why change now?

That was regarding cash, the checkbook was left in Amy's car & at no time during the discussion of missing that $400 did a checkbook or missing checks come up.   Amy went to PR & the checkbook was in her car that Casey was driving.  The checks should have been caught by the cashiers because Casey did not sign it in Amy's name, she signed it Casey Anthony.   In addition, it could very well come up via witness testimony that Casey stealing her grandparents checks will come up which were well before Caylee's murder (pattern).

Didn't she sign one of them "Amy Huizenga," too?  (Though they still should have caught her by properly ID'ing her.)

Or was that the check she made out to herself for $250 but signed it Amy Huizenga for at Amy's bank, Id have to look - Im juggling domestic things today because I'm a week away from my daughter arriving for her summer break from college for 2 week WOO HOO!   I also do believe they can call Shirley Pleasea as a witness regarding the checks Casey stole from her as pattern evidence.  If everyone recalls Jesse said she took money from him as well way back before they broke off the engagement, although Im not sure that is of any value since there is no proof such as the checks Casey wrote on her grandparents account.  Although no formal charges were filed her grandmother has the proof of those checks in her possession, I believe the detectives have seen it while they were investigating the murder case.   One was surrounding Caylee's second birthday & the other was in April 2008 out of her grandfather's retirement fund.

I'll be back in an hour or so MUAH!

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: June 22, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

The mat of hair has been bothering me. Maybe, I'm missing something but how does a deceased person get a hair mat?
I think of hair mats from being bed-ridden, no hair care, a 34 month old throwing a fit in a car seat or struggling.

This is heartbreaking. Every picture I've seen of Caylee her hair is well taken care of which leads me to believe....

I think it is a part of the decomp fluids flowing down into the hair as she laid decomposing and puddling under her. I don't know how to say this in any nicer terms. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: June 22, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »

I appear to be babbling to myself here, sorry for the multiple posts!  One more thing:

Do we know for certain that the "T" shaped item in the evidence photo being discussed is in fact duct tape?  I missed that.  To my eyes, it looks like material from a diaper or pull-up.  But if it is labeled as "duct tape" in the evidence photos, then duct tape it must be.

A thought:  Is it possible that the "T" shape is incidental, especially if it were in multiple layers?  One strip could have ended up on the ground folded perpendicularly to the rest it; just coincidental arrangement.  To me, it is hard to know just what we are looking at in that picture.  I would be loathe to speculate about it just based on what is visible in the photo.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: June 22, 2009, 03:31:39 PM »

I cannot shoot down your theory, as I have been on this road for a long time. I think the killing was done in the car, and the bagging and sticker placing was done on the 16th during the flurry of calls. She just wanted to be sure the coast was clear. It makes me sad too. 

Wonder if they tested Caylee's car seat for anything, I cant recall any discovery on that right this sec

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: June 22, 2009, 03:31:44 PM »

Desi,
Very interesting questions about Amy testifying & the check fraud charges.  If a judge allows that case to go foward (ahead of the murder trial) & sets a trial date, what effect will that have on testimony?  Will there be a lot of motions & objections so that anything that affects the murder trial not be entered or allowed?  How can they totaly sever the two when they are somewhat intertwined?  I see somewhat of an overlap.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #614 on: June 22, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »

snipped

[/quot
That makes two of us Nut. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

I'm thinking the pony tail?
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: June 22, 2009, 03:35:59 PM »

Wonder if they tested Caylee's car seat for anything, I cant recall any discovery on that right this sec

I think we have not seen any discovery on the car seat myself.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: June 22, 2009, 03:36:56 PM »

The one report I want to see is the Duct Tape analysis that was sent to the FBI labs. There were several items that were sent there that we have not seen.
Oh these experts will try to find way out of it, but there is a dead baby found in a bag in the woods with duct tape that had been around the skull. There were cadaver dog hits in the back yard, some sort of stain with decomp fluid in the trunk, and  a paper towel with grave wax and maggots in the trunk, a hair with a death band and the trunk evidence was collected around July 18 ? shortly after Casey was arrested. I don't know how any reasonable person could make the call beyond a reasonable doubt that this was an intentional homicide with Casey as the CEO.  If it was anything less than intentional, Casey the CEO would have to plea down.   
ps The hairline fracture on the leg bone could have been made when she stopped the car and threw the bag into the woods and went on her way to the next party. Hit the tree perhaps. 
I just wish NG was prosecuting this case, it would be a slam dunk.
Who is the prosecutor- does anyone know how good he/she is....?  conviction record?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: June 22, 2009, 03:37:58 PM »

I appear to be babbling to myself here, sorry for the multiple posts!  One more thing:

Do we know for certain that the "T" shaped item in the evidence photo being discussed is in fact duct tape?  I missed that.  To my eyes, it looks like material from a diaper or pull-up.  But if it is labeled as "duct tape" in the evidence photos, then duct tape it must be.

A thought:  Is it possible that the "T" shape is incidental, especially if it were in multiple layers?  One strip could have ended up on the ground folded perpendicularly to the rest it; just coincidental arrangement.  To me, it is hard to know just what we are looking at in that picture.  I would be loathe to speculate about it just based on what is visible in the photo.
They say it is duct tape, I thought it looked more like material from a diaper or pull up also.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: June 22, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Hi, NM.  The scalp decomposes, leaving the hair behind.  And the hair itself decomposes, though much more slowly.  It is common to find a "hair mat" at autopsy if the person's body is found long after death, when significant decomposition has taken place.

Here's a news story about how officials in Milam County, TX tried to identify a young girl in a 20-year-old murder case.  It mentions the "hair mat."

http://www.cameronherald.com/articles/2007/01/10/news/news.txt
Using measurements from the skull, the autopsy, and the hair mat recovered from the grave, Knight was able to prepare a forensic sketch of what the victim may have looked like. Although it cannot be an absolute and accurate depiction, the drawing may resemble the victim's appearance. Facial features are derived from the measurements of the eyes, nasal opening, race, dentals and size of the skull, according to Investigator Kouba.

(NOTE:  Th
is quote is NOT about Caylee.)[/color][/b]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.