March 28, 2024, 06:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing teen Coreen Wiese- MAINE (BODY FOUND--Ruled Suicide)  (Read 28535 times)
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 04:47:50 PM »

A's

Your compassionate words really mean a lot.  I cannot imagine what is going through the parent's mind.  My Son is a Senior at the same school.

I've seen too many myspace pages from all the kids I know in the school district.  Most are harmless and some are outrageous.  They do it on purpose,  I just the other day showed a mother of a 5th grader what her son's page was like,  and she was totally shocked.  He's a 5th grader, and has crap on their my own 18 year old boy doesn't have.  Its insane.  Needless to say,  the page of this 5th grader is gone!  

If nothing else,  I hope some people wake up and realize how vulnerable our kids are online.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 08:13:08 AM »

Former resident's daughter missing
By Jessica Hackett/ Staff Writer
Friday, December 1, 2006

A former Mansfield resident's 15-year-old daughter disappeared almost more than three weeks ago from her home in Buxton, Maine.
    The FBI and police in Maine have been investigating Coreen Faye Wiese's disappearance since she was last seen at a bridge in Standish, Maine on Nov. 8 at about 4 p.m.
    "She still has not been seen or heard from as of today," Gail Marcinkiewicz, a spokeswoman for the FBI, said this week.
    Wiese is 5 foot 3 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. She is caucasian with brown hair and brown eyes, has a scar on her left cheek, and wears wire-rimmed glasses with braces on her teeth.
    Formerly of 118 Church Street, Cynthia Wiese emailed Town Manager John D'Agostino asking him to send the information to all local media outlets and the police.
    "As a former resident of Mansfield (118 Church Street), please inform the police department and all news services that my daughter has disappeared...Any friends need to be informed as we need to know here whereabouts," Cynthia Wiese wrote.
    The Wiese family could not be reached for comment.
    Marcinkiewicz said the FBI and the Buxton Police are investigating the case. She said the Maine State Police were involved, but she said she was not sure how involved they are now in the investigation.
    Individuals with any information regarding the disappearance of Coreen Wiese should call the FBI toll-free tip line at 1-800-CALL-FBI. Information is also available on fbi.gov.

http://www2.townonline.com/mansfield/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=627903

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 10:03:34 AM »

Missing teen to be on ‘Without A Trace’

snipsaid a profile of Wiese is on the FBI’s Web site and an additional profile of Wiese is also on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Web site.

Marciniewicz said the televised program, “Without a Trace,” will also feature the story of Wiese and is expected to air on CBS Sunday Dec. 10.
“Without A Trace,” is a drama series about the New York Missing Persons Squad of the FBI. The show follows characters who are a part of a special task force. Their job is to find missing persons by using advanced psychological profiling techniques and trace every piece of the victim’s life including their whereabouts, in an effort to discover whether or not the victim had been abducted, murdered, committed suicide or ran away.

“The FBI uses all kinds of media to get victim’s information out there, in hopes that someone will have some information,” Marciniewicz sa

http://www.inthegazette.com/news1.html

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »

Bleached;

Thank you for posting that.

I am happy to see the Mansfield area is getting the word out on her dissappearance.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 12:46:35 AM »

Psychics aid police in search for teen

By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer Portland Press Herald Saturday, December 9, 2006

Buxton Police Department investigators recently began working with mediums, or psychics, in their search for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese, who disappeared Nov. 8.
Buxton police Officer Mike Grovo said he spent about three hours with a psychic Thursday searching a 40-mile area. Grovo said they did not find anything helpful to the case, but investigators would likely continue talking with one or two of the people who have been in contact with the department.
"It shows we're still looking," Grovo said. "The goal is to find Coreen."

story continued .........

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/state/061209psychics.html

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 10:48:36 AM »

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=558&start=20

Thanks bleached, I had started another thread with much more information.  She attends the same school as my Son.  

Hubby and I went for a drive yesterday to the bridge.  The water is much lower than it has been the past month.  

I still don't think she's in the river....Persistent rumors of her being in Mass. are still circulating.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 10:50:16 AM »

Psychics aid police in search for teen

By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer Portland Press Herald Saturday, December 9, 2006

Buxton Police Department investigators recently began working with mediums, or psychics, in their search for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese, who disappeared Nov. 8.
Buxton police Officer Mike Grovo said he spent about three hours with a psychic Thursday searching a 40-mile area. Grovo said they did not find anything helpful to the case, but investigators would likely continue talking with one or two of the people who have been in contact with the department.
"It shows we're still looking," Grovo said. "The goal is to find Coreen."

story continued .........

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/state/061209psychics.html

posted by : Bleachedblack in the other coreen wiese thread.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 05:21:34 AM »

Family of missing Buxton girl launches Web site to aid in search

BUXTON (Dec 18): The parents of Coreen Wiese, the Buxton girl missing since last month, have launched a Web site as a part of a public plea to locate their daughter.

“Please help us find Coreen and bring her home safely,” Wesley and Cindy Wiese said in a message. “We all love Coreen very much and are missing her dearly.

The Web site address is www.coreenwiese.com.

The 15-year-old girl has been missing since Nov. 8. She was last seen near the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River at the Limington Rapids.

Coreen Wiese, 15, of Buxton has been missing since Nov. 8. She was last seen near the Limington Rapids.

Those with information are urged to contact the Buxton police at 929-6612 or 929-5151. Anyone with an anonymous tip can e-mail info@coreenwiese.com

Information about the missing teenager will be televised on Jan. 7 during the CBS drama “Without a Trace.”

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/news/Print.cfm?StoryID=29770

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 12:27:56 AM »

Excellent article with many details,  on this missing young girl. Hoping for a break soon .....

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/061205missing.html

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 12:23:59 AM »

Diver passes out in search for teen

By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer Portland Press Herald Saturday, December 23, 2006

A diver with the Maine Warden Service was hospitalized Friday after losing consciousness while searching the Saco River for missing Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese.
Jeremy Judd, 29, lost consciousness about 11 a.m. along the shore in Limington after being underwater for 39 minutes during a search.
Judd was searching with another diver when he radioed up, saying he was tired and would be coming to the surface. Once he got to the shore, he became unconscious, spokesman Mark Latti said. He regained consciousness after receiving oxygen at the scene, but was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland, where he was treated and released.
Friday was first time the warden service used a dive team in the search for Wiese. The warden service has been flying over the river and searching the shore area about two to three times a week, Latti said.

article continued........

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/061223diver.html

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2006, 08:58:58 AM »

I am so glad that the diver was okay,finding nothing just reinforced for me, that Coreen isn't in the water.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2006, 02:32:35 AM »

Missing Buxton girl seen hitchhiking on day she vanished
By Robert Lowell

BUXTON (Dec 27, 2006): Coreen Wiese was hitchhiking on Route 25, near a bridge by the Limington Rapids, the day she disappeared, according to a witness.
Don Blake of Limington said he is positive he saw Wiese on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
“I saw the girl the day she disappeared,” Blake said. “She was hitchhiking.”

Wiese, 15, of Buxton was reported missing by her parents, Wesley and Cynthia Wiese, when she didn’t return home from Bonny Eagle High School, where she is a sophomore. Buxton police, FBI and the Maine Warden Service have joined forces in a massive search for the girl.

Messages scrawled on a beam under the Route 25 bridge over the Saco River, coupled with a note found at the girl’s home, led investigators to first believe them to be suicide notes. A seven-member dive team from the warden service braved freezing waters of the rapids Friday, but found no evidence of the girl.

Capt. Joel Wilkinson of the warden service said divers searched “high-probability” areas below the bridge Friday. “We found nothing,” Wilkinson said.

complete story........
http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Community/story.cfm?storyID=30202

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:03 AM »

Was Coreen Wiese Seen Catching A Ride?
posted Fri, 12/29/06

Coreen Wiese, 15Was Coreen Wiese seen hitchhiking and getting into a blue van?  A passer-by seems to think so.  The reported siting leaves me with several questions, some of which I will keep to myself out of respect for the family.

According to the eye-witness account of Don Blake of Limington, he saw a girl hitchhiking and getting into a blue van on November 8, the day 15 year-old Coreen disappeared from Buxton, Maine.

Blake says he was traveling east on Route 25, toward Portland, when he saw a teenage girl with "wet and straggly" hair hitchhiking toward Cornish around 10 or 10:30am.  He said the driver of the van pulled over near Town Line Billiards which is a short distance from where a message believed to have been written by Coreen was found scrawled into a beam under a bridge.  Blake said he seen the driver roll down a window and the teenager approach the van.  He says he remembers it because he thought she looked young to be hitchhiking and after seeing her photo in the paper he says he is sure the hitchhiker he saw was the missing girl and he says he has went to the FBI with the information.

For me, it just seems all too much to have seen while driving by, but then again, I am not familiar with the area.  Perhaps there was some type of traffic light or stop sign.

How slow would you have to be driving to have witnessed that much of an event?  What is the speed limit in that area?  Is there a stop sign or a traffic light?  How does a person remember that much detail to an event that occurred some 49 days ago?  I'm really not sure how long ago Mr. Blake stepped forward to talk with FBI agents.  The article does not say, but I do know the story was released yesterday.  Did this witness submit to a polygraph?  Did he pass it?

My husband and I discussed the likelihood that someone would have seen all of this.  While it was his opinion that it would be possible for someone driving by to have seen a great deal of what was described, he questions how someone would be able to remember that many details about something that appears to have been reported quite some time after the incident.  As for me, I guess I'm a skeptic.  Until those questions are answered, or someone in a blue van steps forward to say they pulled over to pick up a hitchhiker there that day that matched Coreen's description, I'm not going to buy into it.

A woman had told authorities earlier on in the investigation that she had seen Coreen around 11:00 or 11:30 that same morning near that same general area.  It has also been reported that Coreen had asked if she could step inside at Town Line Billiards to "get warm," where she stayed briefly and then left, and that she was also seen at a nearby rest area.  All of these sitings occurred on the day of her disappearance.

If Blake saw Coreen walking up to a van between 10:00 and 10:30am, and another person saw her at the bridge around 11:00 or 11:30am, either someone forgot to set there clock back or is mistaken about the time, Coreen refused the ride, or someone is either mistaken about what they saw, or, heaven forbid, someone is lying.

The question still remains.  Where is Coreen Wiese?

Following this link will take you to WMTW where you can view a video that shows the Saco river, the bridge, and the actual graffiti that authorities believe Coreen scratched into it.

It is my hope that Coreen is okay and found safe.  My thoughts and prayers are with Coreen and her family during this difficult time.  I will continue to follow breaking news on Coreen's disappearance as it happens.

If you have any information about this case that could help authorities, please contact the Buxton PD at 929-5151 or 929-6612.

http://tinyurl.com/y6tqmx

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2007, 09:17:31 AM »

The general consensus around here is that she left of her own free will,  It is entirely possible she was picked up or forced into a vehicle along Rte 25.  

This is a MAJOR truck route out of Maine into New Hampshire via the Conway area.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
The general consensus around here is that she left of her own free will,  It is entirely possible she was picked up or forced into a vehicle along Rte 25.  

This is a MAJOR truck route out of Maine into New Hampshire via the Conway area.

Seems the family has issued a plea to Coreen to please return home......

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 08:04:11 AM »

Family's New Year's message to missing girl: 'Come back'
By Robert Lowell
Staff Writer

BUXTON (Jan 4): The family of Coreen Wiese, the 15-year-old Buxton girl missing since Nov. 8, began the new year by posting this message on
their Web site, www.coreenwiese.com:

“Coreen, If you are able to read this, we want you to know that it doesn’t matter what reason you found in your heart to leave. We want you to know that you can come back anytime. Do not worry about anything. We will take care of it. We love you very much and miss you tons.

“You have our phone numbers and e-mails. Just contact us and we’ll be there for you in a flash.

"Loving you, Mom, Dad, Kyle, all your friends, relatives and your pets.”

Coreen Wiese was reported missing Nov. 8 after she failed to return from Bonny Eagle High School. She was seen hitchhiking that day on Route 25 near the bridge over the Saco River at the Limington Rapids. Buxton Officer Mike Grovo said this week that police are still searching daily for the girl.

Coreen Wiese, missing since Nov. 8, has left behind a family struggling to cope. But with an 8-year-old son at home, the parents “have to maintain composure for our son.”

The disappearance has baffled Buxton police, the Maine Warden Service and FBI, which have combined forces in a massive search. The agencies have combed the area where she was last seen without reaching any conclusions about how she vanished. The girl’s father is in daily contact with Buxton police.

Wesley Wiese, the missing girl’s father, is "keeping faith that she is out there and does want to be found.”

He said the FBI is still investigating, but the agency asn’t revealed much information. “We don’t hear from them,” he said.

The missing girl doesn’t have a passport, but her father said that doesn’t mean she couldn’t have crossed a border. “We’ve run through so many scenarios,” he said.

Information about Coreen Wiese is expected to be broadcast at 10 p.m. on Sunday, during the CBS program, “Without a Trace.”

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Community/story.cfm?storyID=30464

A family Web site seeking tips about her disappearance has generated some information. “It has brought in a few leads but not as many as we hoped,” the girl’s father said.

He said he'd like her poster, which is available online, to be more widely printed and distributed. “The best we can hope for is to get her poster out there,” he said.

With an 8-year-old son, Kyle, to raise, Wiese said he and his wife, Cynthia, draw strength to keep going through the tragedy of their missing daughter.

“We have to maintain composure for our son,” he said. “We have to maintain a normal household for him.”

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Coreen Wiese should call Buxton police at 929-6612 or 929-5151.

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 08:36:12 AM »

One thing that strikes me,  this paper you are seeing most of the coverage from is a smalltime weekly newspaper, it only comes out on fridays.  

I hope that the Wiese family is having this plea put in major papers in NH and Mass as well.  

Another note,  There are no billboards in Maine along the highways.  I have seen missing alerts and pictures on billboards in Mass before.  I hope they also try and get Coreen's face on a billboard too.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2007, 10:59:29 PM »

Family of missing Buxton girl offers $20,000 reward

BUXTON (Jan 8, 2007): The family of a Buxton girl missing since November has offered a $20,000 reward for information that leads to her return, or the conviction of anyone responsible for her disappearance.

http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Community/story.cfm?storyID=30648

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »

http://www.wgme.com/News/story_2.shtml

UPDATE: MISSING TEEN PROFILED NATIONALLY

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 02:20:38 PM »

Parents Hold On To Hope Of Finding Missing Teen

POSTED: 3:39 pm EST January 10, 2007
UPDATED: 5:35 am EST January 11, 2007

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.