April 20, 2024, 03:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing teen Coreen Wiese- MAINE (BODY FOUND--Ruled Suicide)  (Read 28600 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2007, 11:05:44 PM »

Family must wait until Tuesday for identity of Saco River body
By Elbert Aull Portland Press Herald Staff Writer May 13, 2007 05:40 PM

BUXTON – The family of Coreen Wiese will have to wait until Tuesday to learn whether a body found in the Saco River recently is that of the long-missing local teenager.

State Medical Examiner Dr. Margaret Greenwald performed an autopsy this afternoon but did not release the identity of the body, which was discovered floating near the riverbank off Warren Road around 11:55 p.m. Friday.

A family member, who asked not to be identified, said the identity would be released Tuesday.

Wiese has been missing since early November. Her disappearance sparked a manhunt that drew interest from the FBI and was mentioned during national television broadcasts.

Teenagers discovered the body during a get-together at a waterfront cottage about six miles downstream from the Route 25 bridge, where searchers found the girl’s cell phone and the letters “RIP” and “CW” scratched into a steel beam in November.

http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/011869.html

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2007, 02:24:52 PM »

CONFIRMED;  BODY WAS COREEN WIESE

www.wcsh6.com

Crying or Very sad

Maine, born and raised!
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »

I was hoping she was a run a way also.  Are they thinking suicide?  I cant get in my mind how she was right there all the time.  Is that possilbe Mrs.D?  Maybe because of the time of year?  How sad.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2007, 10:24:18 AM »

Hi Jennifer

Yes they are pretty sure its a suicide,  and yes its possible it took 6 months for her body to surface,  The Saco river is very deep in places. When the water temps are cold like they can get in the winter here in Maine, the body will stay submerged deeper,  And to add difficulty to the search, we had serious flooding in November and again this April.  That may have helped her body go through 2 sets of rapids and a hydro electric dam.  That is why I believe her body made it so far down the river, which normally would be impossible.  Several miles of this river Between the Limington Rapids and Buxton stretch of the river is unseen unless you hike into the woods a little bit.

Maine, born and raised!
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2007, 04:13:15 PM »

Thanks Mrs.D  That is amazing about the river.  I am in Alabama so I tend to forget about the temps and how long it takes to thaw out up north.

I hope her family can get some kind of closure in this tragic case.  It is so sad when some ones feels this is the only alternative.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2007, 05:58:05 PM »

How sad.  Such a beautiful girl.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2007, 01:40:20 AM »

Oh I am so sorry it ended like this.  I had hoped she was a runaway.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.