April 19, 2024, 11:16:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing teen Coreen Wiese- MAINE (BODY FOUND--Ruled Suicide)  (Read 28596 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: November 14, 2006, 09:56:20 PM »

Coreen Wiese, Missing Buxton, ME Teenager

http://missingexploited.com/2006/11/12/coreen-wiese-missing-buxton-me-teenager/

15 year old high school sophomore, Coreen Wiese, has been missing since Wednesday. Coreen Wiese attended school at Bonny Eagle High School on Wednesday, but never returned home that night. Coreen is 5 foot 3 inches tall, weighs 115 pounds, and has long brown hair and brown eyes. She also has epilepsy and is believed to be without her medication.

Coreen's MySpace Account:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfmfuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42409014
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 03:23:01 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »

Police confirm Coreen Wiese of Buxton, ME Suicide Notes from Teen

http://missingexploited.com/2006/11/14/police-confirm-coreen-wiese-of-buxton-me-suicide-notes-from-teen/

Mark Latti, of the Maine Wardens Service, on Tuesday told News 8 that searchers have found a pair of suicide notes written by Wiese — one at her home and another scratched on a beam of a bridge over the Saco River. He said the notes indicated that Wiese, 15, intended to jump into the river.

Latti said searchers also found a cell phone and an MP3 player.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:33:18 AM »

http://missingexploited.com/category/coreen-wiese/

snip:
15 year old high school sophomore, Coreen Wiese, has been missing since Wednesday. Coreen Wiese attended school at Bonny Eagle High School on Wednesday, but never returned home that night. Coreen is 5 foot 3 inches tall, weighs 115 pounds, and has long brown hair and brown eyes. She also has epilepsy and is believed to be without her medication.

This case has hit too close to home for me.  She attends the same HS as my own teen. She lives less than 6 miles from us.  There have been some developments in the story over the past week.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 12:37:32 PM by klaasend » Logged

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:42 AM »

http://www.wmtw.com/news/10288344/detail.html

Teen From Buxton Still Missing

BUXTON, Maine -- Weather permitting, an air search will take place this week for a missing teen from Buxton.

Coreen Wiese, 15, was last seen at Bonny Eagle High School at about 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday.

On Sunday, crews searched along the Saco River in Limington.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 07:47:04 AM »

Coreen is an honor student and a field hockey player.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 07:53:16 AM »

Friends of missing teen struggle to stay positive

E-mail this page

Reader Comments (below)
 By ANNE GLEASON, Staff Writer

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The disappearance of Buxton teenager Coreen Wiese has been difficult to handle for her friends and classmates, made even worse by the uncertainty about what happened.
Karissa Pooler of Limington, one of Wiese's best friends, said she hasn't attended school in recent days because of Wiese's disappearance.
"All of the stress has made me really sick," Pooler said. "We're hoping that she is going to be found. With all of the rumors going around about it, it's been a lot worse."
On Wednesday, local police and investigators with the Maine Warden Service continued to search for Wiese along the banks of the Saco River near the Route 25 bridge. The warden service intended to use an airplane Wednesday to help with the search, but inclement weather again made it impossible, said warden service spokesman Mark Latti.
Warden service investigators said earlier this week they had found evidence that Wiese may have intended to commit suicide, including a note scratched into the bridge with the letters "RIP" and "CW." A search party last Friday discovered Wiese's cell phone and MP3 player under the bridge. She was last seen by a witness near the bridge. Officials have since concentrated their search near the river.
Family members have said they do not believe she would have killed herself.
Pooler, who became friends with Wiese during their freshman year in high school, said she has been trying not to worry too much about what might have happened and instead has been trying to focus on the good memories she and other friends have of Wiese.
"We remember all the really good times and it makes things a little better," she said. "I'm trying to remember her and how she was and hoping she is going to be OK."
Wiese, 15, a sophomore at Bonny Eagle High School in Buxton, played on the junior varsity field hockey team. Two of her teammates, Liz Waddell and Ashley Leighton, described her as a happy person.
"I never would have thought that she would run away or anything like that," Waddell said. "She was ordinarily very happy."
Leighton's mother, Karen, who occasionally gave Wiese rides home from team outings, said the theory that Wiese may have attempted suicide doesn't seem to match up with Wiese's demeanor. Some girls on the team speculate Wiese may have gone to Massachusetts, where she has friends, Karen Leighton said.
Latti said investigators have talked with friends, family and school officials, and are taking everything into consideration "to figure out what happened."
In the meantime, Karen Leighton said she intends to organize a night out for the field hockey team to encourage them to rely on and support one another through a difficult period.
"They need each other now more than ever," she said. "Coreen was very much a part of the team."
Ashley Leighton, who joined field hockey this year, said Wiese was initially "kind of shy," but the two eventually became friends: "Once you get to know her, she's outgoing."
Wiese's parents reported their daughter missing last Wednesday when she did not come home from school.
"It's pretty upsetting. I want to know more about what happened," Leighton said. "I miss her."
Staff Writer Anne Gleason can be contacted at 791-6316 or at:

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/061116wiese.html

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »

I don't think she committed suicide.  With all the talk in this small community.....the LAST place you'd want to try and kill yourself would be to jump in at the Limington Rapids!!

Thats not going to get you killed,  thats just going to give you a good beating.  Its not that far of a jump,  theres too many rocks,  you might break an ankle and get really banged up, but I seriously don't think its going to get the job done, IF you were going to kill yourself.

With her love of the river,  Coreen had to have known this.  Therefore I think she "STAGED" it to look like a suicide......

Thats one of the heavy rumors floating around.  That she had been visiting sites, gaining information on how to fake your own death Shocked

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »

http://www.wgme.com/NewsWeather/story_12.shtml

News 13 has learned federal agents are now getting involved in the search for a missing Buxton teen.
This development comes exactly one week since 15 year old Coreen Wiese was last seen alive.

This is yet another indication that investigators are becoming increasingly skeptical of the idea that Coreen Wiese committed suicide by jumping into the Saco River.

The FBI spoke with News 13 late Wednesday afternoon, confirming agents met with Buxton Police.

The Bureau is now offering all available resources, in hopes of finding the girl alive.

On Tuesday, sources close to the investigation told News 13 despite evidence to the contrary, including alleged suicide notes etched into a bridge over the Saco River, they have reason to believe Wiese faked her suicide, in some kind of attempt to get away from personal problems.

Investigators say they have not ruled out suicide, but as far as they're concerned, Coreen Wiese is alive and well.

An FBI spokeswoman wouldn't elaborate on what kind of role agents will play in this investigation, however, she says in other cases of missing people, the Bureau has offered additional manpower, specialized investigators as well as psychological profilers, and by teaming up with the FBI, Buxton Police can now expand their search nationwide.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »

One more puzzle piece

If she was seen at school at 7:30am on Weds, and again seen at the Limington Rapids Rest area at around 11:30,  How did she get there from the school?  

Its quite a walk!  A bit too far to not be seen while walking.  Apparently someone may have come foreward stating they gave her a ride to the rest area......

Maine, born and raised!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 09:52:52 PM »

Thanks for posting on Coreen Wiese's disappearance. For some reason I thought I had added to forum. I had been posting on it in the missing and exploited page.

Here is her MySpace account:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=42409014

Would be tragic if she took her own life.

Map of area: http://tinyurl.com/ycrgc4
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 09:56:47 AM »

Thanks Red,  Seeing it on the Missing & Exp. Page where you put it is what prompted me to put it here.  

I'm hoping she turns up.  The Wardens were out there Wednesday again searching the river.  I don't think she's there.  We've had so much rain the past 2 weeks that the waters are higher than usual.

I have heard that she had been visiting sites on how to fake your own death.  And Rumor I heard locally was that she had more than one note found at home practicing a suicide letter.  

There's more I can't post yet, but I feel she's alive.

MsDV

Maine, born and raised!
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »

I hope she did stage it and is found soon.

The worst thing is not knowing...

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 11:41:47 AM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Thanks Red,  Seeing it on the Missing & Exp. Page where you put it is what prompted me to put it here.  

I'm hoping she turns up.  The Wardens were out there Wednesday again searching the river.  I don't think she's there.  We've had so much rain the past 2 weeks that the waters are higher than usual.

I have heard that she had been visiting sites on how to fake your own death.  And Rumor I heard locally was that she had more than one note found at home practicing a suicide letter.  

There's more I can't post yet, but I feel she's alive.

MsDV

Hopefully it is just to get attention. It would appear that in her MySpace there is one girl that seems to show up in many pics, obviously a friend. Hopefully she can shed some light on what Coreen was thinking.

Would see odd that a teen girl would take her life that way. Not the normal manner when one unfortunately does commit suicide.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »

The water is shallow and full of rocks and a little swift through those small rapids.  People take their kayaks there and practice.  Its a long bridge that comes low to the water,  I have a picture of the place,  I'll try and resize it and post it here.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 09:37:11 AM »

FBI tip line for missing girl suspended
Nov 29, 2006):

The FBI unplugged its toll-free telephone line Friday for tips about a missing 15-year-old Buxton girl.

however, a national organization that helps find missing children has replaced it with another toll-free hotline devoted to collecting information on the disappearance of Coreen Wiese.

Gail Marcinkiewicz of the FBI office in Boston said the FBI line was discontinued Friday after a week because of a diminishing number of tips. “We got some leads,” Marcinkiewicz said.

more here:http://www.keepmecurrent.com/Community/story.cfm?storyID=28884

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »

There is reason to believe this  girl is in Massachusetts. Possibly the Attleboro, MA. area.

If anyone here is in New England would they please take the  time to look at her photos on the Missing Poster.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/wiese_cf.htm

Thanks,
MsDV

Maine, born and raised!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 01:15:59 PM »

Thank goodness this girl appears to be alive!!  But what has gone so terribly wrong in her young life to cause her to do this?  Can you shed any light, Mrs. DV?  Thanks.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 02:49:20 PM »

Hi A's

I hope I can shed a little more light on this for you.....

This area I live in is definately a suburb, country setting.  20 miles to the coast/city.  Population in this area is under 10,000 except for the summer months when the lake residents pop in.  Coreen goes to Bonny Eagle High School which is a consolidated school that is home to 4 surrounding Towns.  Buxton/Hollis/Standish & Limington.

The local newspaper stated that they have some leads.  Which is what I have heard too. I hear she met someone online and took off to Mass.  The Attleboro area to be more specific.  

She has epilepsy, and needs meds for that. She also has braces.  It will be a shame if she lets that go unattended and ends up with rotting teeth because of them.

I don't know about home life,  just what the stories going around are.  She did move from one town to another within the same school district, so she didn't really lose friends.  She moved to an area that is a little more populated but still a country setting.  

She was a straight A student and a field hockey player.  She gave all appearances of being the typical teenage daughter.  Maybe a bit more adventureous.  One of her fellow field hockey team mate's family is close friends with us.  She is shocked that Coreen is missing.

Maine, born and raised!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 10:53:25 PM »

Seems the FBI is still seeking any information on this missing young girl, and say no-one has heard from her since she went missinh.

http://tinyurl.com/smeeq

Mrs. DarthVada wrote;
I hear she met someone online and took off to Mass.

If this statement turns out to be what actually happened, that she met with someone from the internet....then my feelings about this young girls safety hightened. I hope she turns up safe , very soon.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 02:44:36 PM »

Quote from: "Ms.DarthVada"
Hi A's

I hope I can shed a little more light on this for you.....

This area I live in is definately a suburb, country setting.  20 miles to the coast/city.  Population in this area is under 10,000 except for the summer months when the lake residents pop in.  Coreen goes to Bonny Eagle High School which is a consolidated school that is home to 4 surrounding Towns.  Buxton/Hollis/Standish & Limington.

The local newspaper stated that they have some leads.  Which is what I have heard too. I hear she met someone online and took off to Mass.  The Attleboro area to be more specific.  

She has epilepsy, and needs meds for that. She also has braces.  It will be a shame if she lets that go unattended and ends up with rotting teeth because of them.

I don't know about home life,  just what the stories going around are.  She did move from one town to another within the same school district, so she didn't really lose friends.  She moved to an area that is a little more populated but still a country setting.  

She was a straight A student and a field hockey player.  She gave all appearances of being the typical teenage daughter.  Maybe a bit more adventureous.  One of her fellow field hockey team mate's family is close friends with us.  She is shocked that Coreen is missing.

Thanks for the additional info.

I have a 14 year old daughter, and stories like this just turn my hair grey.  It is really scary that there was no obvious trauma in her life, no signs for parents, teachers, friends to pick up on.  Equally frightening is "met someone online".  My heart goes out to the family of this girl who are suffering greatly, I am sure.  I truly hope that she is found safe, or at the very least, if she is a runaway, that she finds the strength and courage to call home.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.