April 27, 2024, 02:49:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #141 7/05/09 - 7/23/09  (Read 289420 times)
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1300 on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

He didn't agree to go deaf if she made any statements to him or any of his staff.
He didn't tape her or photograh her ( that we know of ) .
I read the entire thing and I agree with Schaeffer, Padilla, etc  testifies.
This is typical defense motions. try to get anything and everything excluded. There will be more motions and it will go on ad nauseum. I will be blind and in a home for the elderly and enfeebled before this trial gets underway.
Why did they ask Casey not about the ring, but ask :
Where is Caylee ?

I hope you are right, Kat_Gram about Padilla's statements/testimony not being excluded.

And you are so right, George and Cindy should have been asking "Where's Caylee?" --  not all their other sleuthy questions about rings and hair straighteners and airbeds and keys.

Maybe they didn't want to know the answer to that question.  Or maybe they already knew.

I have always believed they ALREADY KNEW.  They were in cover up stage already asking those questions. I believe Cindy was worried KC lost that ring burying Caylee. (and maybe she did)
or she hocked it...

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1301 on: July 17, 2009, 10:33:23 PM »

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE
an angelic monkey an angelic monkey                          

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1302 on: July 17, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »

I don't think I knew that until reading that doc today.So Baez thinks because he paid the bank back that there won't be charges against casey for stealing their money....not true though.

That is too strange that a person educated in law would "think" because there is restitution that they will drop the charges.  That is up to the DA, not the bank regardless of whether they were paid or not.   My money is on the SA continuing on with all the charges.
restitution means nothing unless Amy is willing to say she wrote the checks....why bozo would do this???????????????????????????????????????????
i have no idea

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
AnnetteInMn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1303 on: July 18, 2009, 01:30:40 AM »

I'm confused by the letter from Bank of America.  Would someone who knows more than I do clarify a few things?

The letter states:

This letter is to acknowledge the delivery of a money order received from your office on Friday, July 10, 2009.  This money order for $664.25 was for payment towards the Bank of America case 080718-130639.

It is to be noted that Bank of America did not take this payment in lieu of criminal prosecution.  At this time Bank of America does not require any other conditions of any suspect identified in this case other than the payment received above.

Wouldn't repayment be an admission of guilt???

If repayment isn't an admission of guilt, why wait a full year after the fact to attempt to make restitution?

Is it even ethical for an attorney to make the restitution?  If he didn't make it from his own funds where did Casey get the money?  Did mommy and daddy cough it up and Baez was just acting as the gopher?  Wouldn't you think Lyons would have objected to this restitution?  WAY confused by this.

Clearly the bank received the money but in one part of the sentence in the letter it states "Bank of America did not take this payment in lieu of criminal prosecution" yet in the next it says "does not require any other conditions of any suspect identified in this case other than the payment received".  Is this double talk or do I just not get it?
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1304 on: July 18, 2009, 02:12:03 AM »

Just popping in a few re: Baez and the B of A money order.  From a banking perspective:  Note the B of A letter states the money order was received from Baez' law office, not Mr. Baez.  Essentially, Baez, acting at Casey's behest purchased and sent the money order.  Baez most likely counseled Casey to pay B of A ASAP (particularly since he can't guarantee motion to delay Amy's case will be granted).  In the event this goes to trial first, it looks better for his client to have already repaid.  We should see this money order show up in a doc dump from Amy's case and possibly in Caylee's case if her defense claims she is indigent (we should also see a paper trail of how this instrument was funded- whose check or if purchased with cash).  IIRC, Casey cannot use her inmate account, as it's solely for personal items bought at the commissary.  Clarification please, anyone?  The money order typically contains the name of the maker and any relevant qualifying information (the B of A investigative case number).  B of A's letter stating "that Bank of America did not take this payment in lieu of criminal prosecution" is not an implication that Baez was attempting to buy off B of A and prevent prosecution.  Rather, it is a required legal formality.  Generally, the repayment also includes overdraft fees incurred.  "At this time Bank of America does not require any other conditions of any suspect identified in this case other than the payment received above."- I think this statement may be referencing freezing  accounts Casey may hold elsewhere (standard banking practice when money owed is not promptly repaid).  IMO, Amy should also file civil suit against Casey for all of the hassle and inconvenience she has incurred (damage to credit rating, close the old account, opening new account, changing any automatic bill pays, blocking ATM card, waiting for new ATM card, arguing with merchants/utility companies over returned check charges, getting letters to merchants/credit reporting agencies from the bank absolving Amy of responsibility, ordering new checks, etc.)- not to mention the loss of money and having to put her life on hold doing all this, plus making herself available in two court cases.   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1305 on: July 18, 2009, 02:13:46 AM »

Just popping in a few re: Baez and the B of A money order.  From a banking perspective:  Note the B of A letter states the money order was received from Baez' law office, not Mr. Baez.  Essentially, Baez, acting at Casey's behest purchased and sent the money order.  Baez most likely counseled Casey to pay B of A ASAP (particularly since he can't guarantee motion to delay Amy's case will be granted).  In the event this goes to trial first, it looks better for his client to have already repaid.  We should see this money order show up in a doc dump from Amy's case and possibly in Caylee's case if her Casey'sdefense claims she is indigent (we should also see a paper trail of how this instrument was funded- whose check or if purchased with cash).  IIRC, Casey cannot use her inmate account, as it's solely for personal items bought at the commissary.  Clarification please, anyone?  The money order typically contains the name of the maker and any relevant qualifying information (the B of A investigative case number).  B of A's letter stating "that Bank of America did not take this payment in lieu of criminal prosecution" is not an implication that Baez was attempting to buy off B of A and prevent prosecution.  Rather, it is a required legal formality.  Generally, the repayment also includes overdraft fees incurred.  "At this time Bank of America does not require any other conditions of any suspect identified in this case other than the payment received above."- I think this statement may be referencing freezing  accounts Casey may hold elsewhere (standard banking practice when money owed is not promptly repaid).  IMO, Amy should also file civil suit against Casey for all of the hassle and inconvenience she has incurred (damage to credit rating, close the old account, opening new account, changing any automatic bill pays, blocking ATM card, waiting for new ATM card, arguing with merchants/utility companies over returned check charges, getting letters to merchants/credit reporting agencies from the bank absolving Amy of responsibility, ordering new checks, etc.)- not to mention the loss of money and having to put her life on hold doing all this, plus making herself available in two court cases.   

Way too tired to type.  Sorry everyone!

Forecast for the Day:
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1306 on: July 18, 2009, 02:22:35 AM »

Could the money being repaid have anything to do with the motion to delay the fraud charges and the one point that stated Ms. Amy has already been reimbursed so there is no rush?  To me it feels like they were tying up loose ends to get the money back to the bank so that the point could be made in the motion.  The the bank now has the money back , the circle is complete = no rush? 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1307 on: July 18, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »

Desi- good thinking on the journal thing.  I'm sure LE took more than one person's handwriting sample with their search warrants.

Hey, everybody!  Don't get too concerned about A. Lyons and her "Angel of Death Row" moniker.  Remember in the Bible, David and Goliath?  Goliath went around roaring loud and proud, intimidating some people.  A. Lyons is like Goliath, IMO (before some of you run with this, I am not referring to her appearance).  The State is playing the part of David in this battle. We will win because God is on Caylee's side.  So, let's not give her face time on this channel any more than absolutely necessary.  What say ye?

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1308 on: July 18, 2009, 02:23:41 AM »

Good night, all and God bless!

Forecast for the Day:
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1309 on: July 18, 2009, 07:58:56 AM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1310 on: July 18, 2009, 08:13:20 AM »

Do I have to?   

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1311 on: July 18, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »

Desi- good thinking on the journal thing.  I'm sure LE took more than one person's handwriting sample with their search warrants.

Hey, everybody!  Don't get too concerned about A. Lyons and her "Angel of Death Row" moniker.  Remember in the Bible, David and Goliath?  Goliath went around roaring loud and proud, intimidating some people.  A. Lyons is like Goliath, IMO (before some of you run with this, I am not referring to her appearance).  The State is playing the part of David in this battle. We will win because God is on Caylee's side.  So, let's not give her face time on this channel any more than absolutely necessary.  What say ye?

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1312 on: July 18, 2009, 08:28:27 AM »

Do I have to?   

Of course not.Don't cry.   

~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1313 on: July 18, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

Could the money being repaid have anything to do with the motion to delay the fraud charges and the one point that stated Ms. Amy has already been reimbursed so there is no rush?  To me it feels like they were tying up loose ends to get the money back to the bank so that the point could be made in the motion.  The the bank now has the money back , the circle is complete = no rush? 

Seems to me they should just plead guilty now.  By sending the money back they have acknowledged Casey's responsibility for it.....      how do you plead Not Guilty once you have done that?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1314 on: July 18, 2009, 10:03:20 AM »

Seems to me they should just plead guilty now.  By sending the money back they have acknowledged Casey's responsibility for it.....      how do you plead Not Guilty once you have done that?
Exactly, and I will bet she will plead guilty to those fraud charges.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1315 on: July 18, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »

Casey Anthony/Caylee Anthony Case: Atty Jose Baez Files Motion to Ban Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla From Testifying … Privileged Testimony?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/07/18/casey-anthonycaylee-anthony-case-atty-jose-baez-files-motion-to-ban-bounty-hunter-leonard-padilla-from-testifying-privileged-testimony/

Does Jose Baez know the Florida statutes?

Casey Anthony defense attorney, Jose Baez, has filed a motion for a protective order that bars privileged testimony of Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin and Robert Dick. Padilla and his nephew posted a $500,000 bond to bail Casey out of jail last summer.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1316 on: July 18, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »

Casey Anthony/Caylee Anthony Case: Atty Jose Baez Files Motion to Ban Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla From Testifying … Privileged Testimony?

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/07/18/casey-anthonycaylee-anthony-case-atty-jose-baez-files-motion-to-ban-bounty-hunter-leonard-padilla-from-testifying-privileged-testimony/

Casey Anthony defense attorney, Jose Baez, has filed a motion for a protective order that bars privileged testimony of Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla, Tony Padilla, Tracy McLaughlin and Robert Dick. Padilla and his nephew posted a $500,000 bond to bail Casey out of jail last summer.

Thank-you. All I can do is shake my head and pray there will be justice for Caylee.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1317 on: July 18, 2009, 10:39:22 AM »

Interresting that way back in July 2008 Baez was worried about this:

6.  At no time will the Parties of the Second Part discuss any possibility of financial gain regarding the rights of the STORY, be it movie, book, or television rights.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1318 on: July 18, 2009, 10:52:06 AM »

Interresting that way back in July 2008 Baez was worried about this:

6.  At no time will the Parties of the Second Part discuss any possibility of financial gain regarding the rights of the STORY, be it movie, book, or television rights.
That popped out to me when I heard LP say it last night on the video Cece posted. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1319 on: July 18, 2009, 10:55:02 AM »

A friend of mine recently did some research on premature synostosis, a finding in Caylee's autopsy report.

Premature synostosis of the sagittal suture usually associated with

A.scaphocephaly
B.increased intracranial pressure
C.microcephaly
D.hydrocephalus
E.subdural effusions

http://www.aippg.net/forum/viewtopic.php...

When she looked up the meanings of A, C, D and E, they most likely did not apply to Caylee. However the info on B, increased intacranial pressure may apply.

Re increased intracranial pressure and suffocation (IF she died from the duct tape suffocating her)....I found an interesting article on the relation between drowning and suffocation.

"Drowning is the leading cause of accidental death in the United States. The victim dies by suffocation from submersion in a liquid medium. Although suffocation most commonly results from aspiration of fresh or salt water into the lungs, about 10 percent to 20 percent of victims experience laryngospasm with subsequent glottic closure followed by asphyxiation. Near-drowning is defined as recovery after submersion. Victims are typically children or adolescents."

"..........Damage causes cerebral edema (brain swelling) and may lead to increased intracranial pressure."

https://salempress.com/Store/samples/magills_...

I know we discussed this previously but I didn't remember this aspect being brought up.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.