April 27, 2024, 07:31:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #141 7/05/09 - 7/23/09  (Read 289388 times)
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1620 on: July 22, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »

Glad to have you back with us, Capp.  I've missed reading your posts.
I don't mean to be O/T here, but I don't know where else you read or post and wanted to ask which smokeless cig you were referring to.  I've read about a few of them but the pros and cons made any decision confusing.  My attempts to quit smoking with other things in the past have failed and I need help.

HELLO all of you great monkeys.

Although I don't post very often, a day doesn't pass when I don't think of little Caylee and wish that this whole fiasco was behind us with the As's, the Milsteads, the money hungry attorneys, and any other evil doers associated with taking advantage of Caylee's murder getting their just reward behind bars.  I'd just like to see them thrown together in one big cell and let them duke it out on their own. 

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1621 on: July 22, 2009, 03:52:50 PM »

I have been swamped today with dead bodies.....sorry if this has been posted already>>>

This is part of a report on missing 'Tiffany Sessions', but mentions KFN and the A's >>> it is snipped from the post I made in Tiffany's thread.

Police work with some groups

When Tiffany Sessions disappeared, only one Florida group, now defunct, would take on her case because she wasn't a child. Even the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children -- co-founded several years earlier by John Walsh, whose 6-year-old son, Adam, was abducted from a South Florida mall -- wouldn't help.

Today, a year after Caylee Anthony was reported missing, missing-persons organizations large and small serve in a variety of ways. Some distribute fliers, launch ground searches or lend a listening ear. Others focus on prevention efforts.

Caylee's case brought Texas EquuSearch and Kid Finders Network to Orlando. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement works closely with A Child is Missing, a South Florida-based group whose key function is to deliver phone alerts about missing people.

Orlando-based Child Watch of North America helped organize a search for Kesse, who was 24 when she was abducted from her Orlando condo Jan. 24, 2006.

Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones said that was the first time OPD worked with Child Watch. She commended the group for its work on that case.

Law-enforcement officials say the services some missing-persons organizations provide are beneficial because exposure is key.

But investigators cautioned that not all missing-children's organizations are created equal.

Some are legit and provide valuable assistance to families and law-enforcement. Other groups or people, however, may have intentions other than simply finding a missing person.

It's unclear exactly how many organizations exist in Florida that are devoted to missing-person's issues.

The Association of Missing and Exploited Childrens Organizations -- made up of nonprofits in the United States and Canada that provide services to families with missing and exploited children -- has strict requirements before allowing membership. Among them is being in continuous operation for the previous two years.

Only two Florida nonprofits are AMECO members: A Child is Missing and the Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction.

Fundraising proves difficult

Times are tough for many nonprofits of all missions, said Maria-Elena Augustin, programs coordinator for the Center for Public and Nonprofit Management at UCF.

To thrive during tough times, nonprofits should make sure their services are not only focused, but vital.

"Not just [a mission] that you believe in, but [one] your community believes in," Augustin said.

And that can be difficult for missing-children's organizations.

"The missing-children's issue is not a very jazzy issue," said Sessions, whose group worked on more than 450 cases. "People only come to an organization like this when they have a missing child."

A variety of challenges make it difficult for these groups to thrive. Fundraising is hard because the subject is negative, Sessions said.

"It's a lot easier to fund-raise for a pet that's been abused by an owner . . . because you feel sorry for that pet. But you forget these are our children, and we need to take care of them," she said.

Current cases also influence public sentiment. Sessions said Casey Anthony's indictment on a first-degree-murder charge in the death of her toddler daughter doesn't translate well for missing-persons groups.

There are other more basic challenges.

Founding members of some groups, thrust forward by emotion and often well-intended, don't have the business acumen necessary to run a nonprofit, said Sherry Friedlander, executive director of A Child is Missing.

"They'll set up a foundation . . ., and the money is generally wasted," she said.

Anthony case made impact

Sherri and Dennis Milstead, founders of Kid Finders Network, learned it first-hand. After the Milsteads volunteered in Caylee's case and featured her photo on their mobile billboard, the couple received harsh criticism.

"We took such a beating from the case in Orlando, it really put a hurting on us," Sherri Milstead said. "We're still being trashed over it."

Today the Milsteads' billboards are parked. Kid Finders, she said, doesn't have any money.

What should they do?

B.J. Jimenez, whose nephew Zachary Bernhardt disappeared from his Clearwater home nearly nine years ago, said organizations like hers -- the A-Z Missing Children's Outreach Center -- exist because needs are not being met.

Several months after Caylee was reported missing, her family organized a foundation in her name.

Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, said they launched their nonprofit to help families understand their rights and provide them with information on the resources available to them.

"We basically had to figure out on our own what to do," the Anthonys said via an e-mailed statement. "There is so much going on that they do not know what to do or who to trust. We had no idea what community resources were available to us, or what our rights were."

The Anthonys' goal is to help families get emotional, financial and spiritual help.

Jimenez said the other reason people launch missing-children's organizations is for the simple fact no one wants his or her child to be forgotten.

Zachary, she said, would no longer be the 8-year-old depicted in original fliers but a 17-year-old youth. She wonders who has seen his age-progressed photo. She wonders who will look for Zachary now.

"If his picture's not out there, how's anybody going to know? . . . It doesn't go away with us. We need this. The families and our children, we need this."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1010199057&start=4

Tiffany's thread
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4516.new#new

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1622 on: July 22, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »

Here's a trip down memory lane...

"We want to find Caylee," Anthony family attorney Jose Baez said. "I have had in-depth and long conversations with my client and she has asked to help cooperate. She wants to cooperate."

Baez would not say what it is that he learned that leads him to believe that a release could help lead to Caylee's return, Local 6's Tony Pipitone reported.

Baez also described Anthony's situation in jail during a Monday news conference.

"They have put her in a situation that is very difficult -- extremely difficult," Baez said. "They've put a psych hold on her where she has been stripped of her bedding. Her underwear has been taken from her. <<<eewwww>>>She is in a cell in protective custody. All she has is basically a blanket in a small room."

Baez will ask Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to grant bond.
Guess caseymonster had to get rid of her thong and get some huge,big girl panties.

::::::::::::snickering:::::::::::::

Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1623 on: July 22, 2009, 04:01:14 PM »

Thanks Nutt. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1624 on: July 22, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »

I have been swamped today with dead bodies.....sorry if this has been posted already>>>

This is part of a report on missing 'Tiffany Sessions', but mentions KFN and the A's >>> it is snipped from the post I made in Tiffany's thread.

Police work with some groups

When Tiffany Sessions disappeared, only one Florida group, now defunct, would take on her case because she wasn't a child. Even the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children -- co-founded several years earlier by John Walsh, whose 6-year-old son, Adam, was abducted from a South Florida mall -- wouldn't help.

Today, a year after Caylee Anthony was reported missing, missing-persons organizations large and small serve in a variety of ways. Some distribute fliers, launch ground searches or lend a listening ear. Others focus on prevention efforts.

Caylee's case brought Texas EquuSearch and Kid Finders Network to Orlando. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement works closely with A Child is Missing, a South Florida-based group whose key function is to deliver phone alerts about missing people.

Orlando-based Child Watch of North America helped organize a search for Kesse, who was 24 when she was abducted from her Orlando condo Jan. 24, 2006.

Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones said that was the first time OPD worked with Child Watch. She commended the group for its work on that case.

Law-enforcement officials say the services some missing-persons organizations provide are beneficial because exposure is key.

But investigators cautioned that not all missing-children's organizations are created equal.

Some are legit and provide valuable assistance to families and law-enforcement. Other groups or people, however, may have intentions other than simply finding a missing person.

It's unclear exactly how many organizations exist in Florida that are devoted to missing-person's issues.

The Association of Missing and Exploited Childrens Organizations -- made up of nonprofits in the United States and Canada that provide services to families with missing and exploited children -- has strict requirements before allowing membership. Among them is being in continuous operation for the previous two years.

Only two Florida nonprofits are AMECO members: A Child is Missing and the Jimmy Ryce Center for Victims of Predatory Abduction.

Fundraising proves difficult

Times are tough for many nonprofits of all missions, said Maria-Elena Augustin, programs coordinator for the Center for Public and Nonprofit Management at UCF.

To thrive during tough times, nonprofits should make sure their services are not only focused, but vital.

"Not just [a mission] that you believe in, but [one] your community believes in," Augustin said.

And that can be difficult for missing-children's organizations.

"The missing-children's issue is not a very jazzy issue," said Sessions, whose group worked on more than 450 cases. "People only come to an organization like this when they have a missing child."

A variety of challenges make it difficult for these groups to thrive. Fundraising is hard because the subject is negative, Sessions said.

"It's a lot easier to fund-raise for a pet that's been abused by an owner . . . because you feel sorry for that pet. But you forget these are our children, and we need to take care of them," she said.

Current cases also influence public sentiment. Sessions said Casey Anthony's indictment on a first-degree-murder charge in the death of her toddler daughter doesn't translate well for missing-persons groups.

There are other more basic challenges.

Founding members of some groups, thrust forward by emotion and often well-intended, don't have the business acumen necessary to run a nonprofit, said Sherry Friedlander, executive director of A Child is Missing.

"They'll set up a foundation . . ., and the money is generally wasted," she said.

Anthony case made impact

Sherri and Dennis Milstead, founders of Kid Finders Network, learned it first-hand. After the Milsteads volunteered in Caylee's case and featured her photo on their mobile billboard, the couple received harsh criticism.

"We took such a beating from the case in Orlando, it really put a hurting on us," Sherri Milstead said. "We're still being trashed over it."

Today the Milsteads' billboards are parked. Kid Finders, she said, doesn't have any money.

What should they do?

B.J. Jimenez, whose nephew Zachary Bernhardt disappeared from his Clearwater home nearly nine years ago, said organizations like hers -- the A-Z Missing Children's Outreach Center -- exist because needs are not being met.

Several months after Caylee was reported missing, her family organized a foundation in her name.

Caylee's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, said they launched their nonprofit to help families understand their rights and provide them with information on the resources available to them.

"We basically had to figure out on our own what to do," the Anthonys said via an e-mailed statement. "There is so much going on that they do not know what to do or who to trust. We had no idea what community resources were available to us, or what our rights were."

The Anthonys' goal is to help families get emotional, financial and spiritual help.

Jimenez said the other reason people launch missing-children's organizations is for the simple fact no one wants his or her child to be forgotten.

Zachary, she said, would no longer be the 8-year-old depicted in original fliers but a 17-year-old youth. She wonders who has seen his age-progressed photo. She wonders who will look for Zachary now.

"If his picture's not out there, how's anybody going to know? . . . It doesn't go away with us. We need this. The families and our children, we need this."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1010199057&start=4

Tiffany's thread

Take a peek at some of the comments to this story.  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-looking-for-missing-kids-072209,0,4510627,comment-display-all.story

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1625 on: July 22, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »

Question for anyone that knows the in's and out's of 501c status.  Can a non-profit or not for profit be run by someone who had filed for personal  bankruptcy? 

IIRC, the only thing that would prohibit someone with a prior bankruptcy (or felony conviction), from being on the Board of Directors of a 501 c3, is the bylaws of that particular agency.  So, in my opinion, yep, crooks and criminals can govern charitable foundations.       

I am catching up....To my knowledge Irish Monkey you are correct - crooks and criminals can in fact govern charitable foundations it has happened in our state and it makes no difference - it is a sort of oxymoron - crook + charitable = ?.  I  don't understand it.   

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1626 on: July 22, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »

Tiffany's thread

What should they do?

I snipped this from Nutt's post. I feel very bad for the Sessions and what they have endured through the years. I remember when this happened, as I was driving a truck and coming into Florida frequently. I remember looking closely at girls all over the country and wondering if one of them could be her.

It is because of the part of the post that I snipped and highlighted is one of the problems with missing person cases, I have found. Surprisingly, there are so many leeches that latch onto these cases to take donations and do nothing. Can someone please tell me what the KFN have ever done except take donations and do absolutely nothing?? But here they are boo-hooing because they cannot RAISE MORE MONEY!!!

They cause more damage to an already horrible situation. People are willing to sacrifice and go out and search and donate money when they can do neither. But can they be sure who to donate to?? Now the searchers personal info from TES ( I would donate to TES everyday if I could ) is in jeopardy because of the likes of Bozo. I don't think he will get any, but I imagine there are some people out there sweating about whether they are going to get drug into this. It is the "leeches and the parasites" that latch onto these cases. Spindy was loose with those words to the protestors, searchers and media that were out in front of her house. She should have looked in the mirror and into the faces of the people that she chose to befriend. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1627 on: July 22, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »

Tiffany's thread

What should they do?

I snipped this from Nutt's post. I feel very bad for the Sessions and what they have endured through the years. I remember when this happened, as I was driving a truck and coming into Florida frequently. I remember looking closely at girls all over the country and wondering if one of them could be her.

It is because of the part of the post that I snipped and highlighted is one of the problems with missing person cases, I have found. Surprisingly, there are so many leeches that latch onto these cases to take donations and do nothing. Can someone please tell me what the KFN have ever done except take donations and do absolutely nothing?? But here they are boo-hooing because they cannot RAISE MORE MONEY!!!

They cause more damage to an already horrible situation. People are willing to sacrifice and go out and search and donate money when they can do neither. But can they be sure who to donate to?? Now the searchers personal info from TES ( I would donate to TES everyday if I could ) is in jeopardy because of the likes of Bozo. I don't think he will get any, but I imagine there are some people out there sweating about whether they are going to get drug into this. It is the "leeches and the parasites" that latch onto these cases. Spindy was loose with those words to the protestors, searchers and media that were out in front of her house. She should have looked in the mirror and into the faces of the people that she chose to befriend. JMO
Another great post Fanny and ITA!! Cindy and George not only befriended the Misteads but thought of them as "higher authorities". 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1628 on: July 22, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

Wow, I guess I'm not the only one that went on a rant. 

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1629 on: July 22, 2009, 04:32:18 PM »

Here's a trip down memory lane...

"We want to find Caylee," Anthony family attorney Jose Baez said. "I have had in-depth and long conversations with my client and she has asked to help cooperate. She wants to cooperate."

Baez would not say what it is that he learned that leads him to believe that a release could help lead to Caylee's return, Local 6's Tony Pipitone reported.

Baez also described Anthony's situation in jail during a Monday news conference.

"They have put her in a situation that is very difficult -- extremely difficult," Baez said. "They've put a psych hold on her where she has been stripped of her bedding. Her underwear has been taken from her. <<<eewwww>>>She is in a cell in protective custody. All she has is basically a blanket in a small room."

Baez will ask Circuit Judge Stan Strickland to grant bond.
Guess caseymonster had to get rid of her thong and get some huge,big girl panties.

::::::::::::snickering:::::::::::::

Monkey Devil!

I saw a pair last weekend in musings that should fit her. Just sayin'. 

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1630 on: July 22, 2009, 05:00:57 PM »

Thanks Nut
Article written by Amy L.Edwards.......

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1631 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »

"Her underwear has been taken from her"    Like thhis is something new???   Hi everyone.  Been reading the back posts.  Great info. 

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1632 on: July 22, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »

Whoaaaa,thanks for the link Tupelo
I like this comment although out of all the comments,I saw one that seemed to be for the anthonys and the milstupidos.

Both of the Milsteads have felonys in their backgrounds. Maybe you should check with Kathi Belich before publishing positive stories about the Milsteads. They never "searched" for a child; they certainly never found a child. Neither did the Anthonys search for Caylee, but hindered every type of search that was being done to find her. Sherri Milstead referred to "that case in Orlando" hurting them; Milsteads and Anthonys are great friends, and Milsteads moved in with the Anthonys when their house was foreclosed. Milsteads probably had a lot to do with the Anthonys forming their Fundation; also I believe Dennis Milstead was paying George Anthony as a "spokesperson" for Kidfinders. I guess he's lost that job too, now that KidFinders has no money.

truth-in-advertising (07/22/2009)

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: July 22, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »

Capp - glad to see you're back with us!  Believe me when I tell you I understand what you have been through!  I copied your post and added it to the QUIT SMOKING thread in the Monkey Lounge.  I think that's the best place for it.

I left your original post here in this thread even though it's O/T for Caylee.  Here is a link to the quit smoking thread I copied it to:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4539.msg886024#msg886024
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1634 on: July 22, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »

"Her underwear has been taken from her"    Like thhis is something new???   Hi everyone.  Been reading the back posts.  Great info. 

Hi DonFl. Good One!

Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1635 on: July 22, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »

"Her underwear has been taken from her"    Like thhis is something new???   Hi everyone.  Been reading the back posts.  Great info. 

Hi DonFl. Good One!

that is so funny and so true...Hi DonFl
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1636 on: July 22, 2009, 05:27:33 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1637 on: July 22, 2009, 05:28:56 PM »

Hi DonFl. Good One!

Monkey Devil!  Yes it was.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1638 on: July 22, 2009, 05:30:24 PM »

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1639 on: July 22, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »

Crap....I only see 3 comments and it says there are 9. I click to see more comments and the page is empty

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.