April 25, 2024, 06:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AIG giving Federal Reserve Two Life Units? A bad deal for taxpayers?  (Read 1075 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 28, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »

NEW YORK—American International Group Inc.'s move to give the Federal Reserve Bank of New York preferred interests in two life insurance units in exchange for cutting AIG's debt by $25 billion is a logical strategy in light of market conditions, observers say.

Analysts say the step reflects the current difficulty that AIG faces in getting appropriate compensation for the two units—American International Assurance Co. Ltd and American Life Insurance Co.—either through an initial public offering of stock or a private transaction.

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20090628/ISSUE01/306289992

Anyone auditing these entities?  What is the CURRENT condition is their business?  Didn't many overseas cash in their life insurance policies and other investments when AIG had diffuculty last year?  I seem to recall many new reports of foreign policy holders losing confidence in AIG.  Some reported a RUN on AIG.  Are these units big bags of DEBT being forced on taxpayers?

Who is looking out for the taxpayers best interests?  Is this another 'pass-through' of taxpayer money?  Filling the pockets of rich speculators?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.