March 19, 2024, 04:29:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009  (Read 183301 times)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »

Well, I grew up with the Jackson Five. I know he had a hard childhood into adulthood. But I'm having a hard time with this comparing him to Elvis and someone on CNN commented it's like having the President die. Come on, I think he was a pedophile that had the money to cover it. That's truly a shame. He music was great, but there was a dark side too.

He was so damn skinny, I'm wondering if he was bulimic too. Wreaks havoc on the heart.

Yep, yep & yep.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 06:57:30 PM »

Well, I grew up with the Jackson Five. I know he had a hard childhood into adulthood. But I'm having a hard time with this comparing him to Elvis and someone on CNN commented it's like having the President die. Come on, I think he was a pedophile that had the money to cover it. That's truly a shame. He music was great, but there was a dark side too.

He was so damn skinny, I'm wondering if he was bulimic too. Wreaks havoc on the heart.

Yep, yep & yep.
and yep.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:46 PM »

Local live waiting for news conference:

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/36789/5m/cbslocalimg.dayport.com/htm/DayPortCBSPlayer.html?categoryID=71,102,72,73,101,104,96,77,86,95,80,69,90,89,92,98,99,100,108,193,192&limit=10&articleID=8861@kcbs.dayport.com&adInsertionInterval=2&bannerAdConDefID=29&defaultPreviewImage=http%3A//cdn.dayport.com/vlnimg/img/PartnerPlayer/samplepreviewimage.jpg&domain=kcbs.dayport.com&imageDomain=cdn.dayport.com/kcbsimg&limit_default=10&conDefID=9&videoAdObjectID=28&logoAdConDefID=8&logoAdObjDefID=27&hitboxAccountID=DM5307034JDN&hitboxDomain=cbs2.com&siteName=KCBS%20TV&callLetters=KCBS&isLiveStream=true&version=20071003

(When I lived in LA, I worked in Encino, only blocks from his parents house). 

This is sad.

CNN live:

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream3

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 09:11:11 PM »

In his day, I loved MJ's music. ( I am a music fan ) The person he was was a turn off. He was a talented and tortured man. The kiddo's neighbour told us and tears sprang to my eyes. I want them to knock it off on CNN about him, just play his tunes and give him the respect as a great musician. I probably will be crying tonight, for some reason this is overwhelming to me. The ghouls will be out with salacious details, some true, some not.
RIP Michael Jackson. I'll remember you at your zenith and how much sheer joy I found in your music and your dancing.  It was a bit of heaven, those days.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »

In his day, I loved MJ's music. ( I am a music fan ) The person he was was a turn off. He was a talented and tortured man. The kiddo's neighbour told us and tears sprang to my eyes. I want them to knock it off on CNN about him, just play his tunes and give him the respect as a great musician. I probably will be crying tonight, for some reason this is overwhelming to me. The ghouls will be out with salacious details, some true, some not.
RIP Michael Jackson. I'll remember you at your zenith and how much sheer joy I found in your music and your dancing.  It was a bit of heaven, those days.

Cat, I enjoyed his music and his dancing. I am very sorry that you feel overwhelmed. I too am a music fan, and certain songs can bring back some vivid times and memories. Hugs to you from me.

I wish the news media would just knock it off too. Play his music, and give him a tribute and let it go. I was switching around channels and I saw where the fans were trying to break into the hospital to see him. And now NoRose says that she has seen a pic that someone has taken of him on a stretcher. It has all just gone too far. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »

My daughter found out just as she was going to work.
Almost crying to go to her grown up job blasting MJ all the way.
She probably has the same memory as me. My Dad, her and MTV and watching Michael Moonwalk. We were squealing with laughter and delight. 
Later, I am going to put on my new wonderful stylish shoes ( stylish enough for a teenager ) and I am going to try to moonwalk !
It's probably not MJ that makes me want to cry , but the time period that he evokes in my memory.
I'll be looking at the Moon and I'll be thinking of you, RIP Michael.
I would like the media to give him some peace, but that isn't going to happen, is it. We are a sick society.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 10:15:34 PM »

hello moneys,
I am in shock with michael jackson's dead!! it is incredible to put in the internet his picture in the ambulance
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »

Prayers for his children, Michael, Paris and Prince.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 10:43:23 PM »

hello moneys,
I am in shock with michael jackson's dead!! it is incredible to put in the internet his picture in the ambulance

I agree Celita..the media needs to give Michael the peace he deserves and didn't get in life.  He was many things..but his family and children deserve respect now.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 11:53:58 PM »

Although Micheal was a rather perplexing character surrounded by much controversy, he was very talented - I have to say I enjoyed his music. I have always wondered about the make up of that family too - not sure it was as functional as one would think.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »

While watching the coverage last night on the passing of Michael, there was a segment where Michael says, "If you want to know me, understand me, listen to my "Childhood" song, and then you will understand."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dVJscGa5vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/dVJscGa5vbc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 08:09:11 AM »

LA Times is confirming The King of Pop has died, 3:15 pacific time

MAN IN THE MIRROR

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1zpTQCQEFhg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1&quot;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/1zpTQCQEFhg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0x9461ca&amp;border=1&quot;</a>

an angelic monkey

Tks 4 posting this one, which is one of a number of my favorites an angelic monkey.......

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 08:09:12 AM »

Very nice post Kat. My Son and I did the same I also will never forget watching him as a child star, when I was a child.
I am not shocked or surprised at this ending. I fully expected it. When he left the USA for Bahrain after his trial, I said to myself, it won't be long.....
I have many memories. I hope I can remember only the good. A musical genius...a true legend in his own time.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death
Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

A close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

Michael Jackson Doctor -- MIA
Posted Jun 26th 2009 10:00AM by TMZ Staff

We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home -- and the doctor is nowhere to be found.

Law enforcement sources tell us a BMW belonging to the doctor was towed from Jackson's home last night.

Cops are looking to interview the doc.

A law enforcement source says the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.

Jackson reportedly may have OD'd on Demerol. As we first reported, family members were concerned that Jackson was taking too much morphine.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »

Michael Jackson's Autopsy Has Begun
Posted Jun 26th 2009 10:07AM by TMZ Staff

The Los Angeles County Coroner has begun the autopsy on Michael Jackson.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »

Dr. Lakshmanan Sathyavagiswaran is performing the autopsy. The Dr. was a star witness in the O.J. Simpson case.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »

Debbie Rowe -- She Gets Custody if She Wants
Posted Jun 26th 2009 11:52AM by TMZ Staff

Debbie Rowe is poised to take full custody of the two children she bore for Michael Jackson.

It has been widely reported Debbie Rowe gave up her parental rights to Paris and Michael Jr. That is not true.

During the custody fight that Rowe had with Jackson in 2005, she attempted to give up her parental rights, saying Michael was the greatest father ever. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, initially ruled her rights were terminated ... but then Lachs reversed his decision.

Here's what happened. We spoke with Lance Spiegel, the lawyer who repped Jackson at the time. Spiegel says under the law, the Department of Children and Family Services must conduct a parental fitness investigation before parental rights are terminated and that didn't happen with Rowe.

So Rowe has never given up any of her parental rights. As a result, under California law, Rowe is now presumed to be the person who will get custody. The only way Rowe can be denied custody is if a court determines it would be "detrimental to the children."

As for whether Rowe will ask for custody .... our sources say you can bet on it. We're told if Rowe gets custody she will get "a huge amount of child support from Jackson's estate."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »

Ah yes, Demerol. He used this to manage pain after the Pepsi Commercial burning. There had been speculation that he never stopped using it.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »

Thanks Norose for the updates here; i have been watching the coverage non stop since the news broke. We have been fans since Thriller came out. I read this morn. on People's site that the family staged an intervention in Vegas a few weeks ago, I'll try & post the article. I truly believe he was over-medicating for years, & that he had immense mental problems. It's so sad, & still so shocking to me 

Attempted Vegas Intervention

Originally posted Friday June 26, 2009 10:15 AM EDT
Michael Jackson

Photo by: Carlo Allegri / Getty 
As far back as 2006, members of Michael Jackson's family were terrified that his escalating dependence on prescription drugs had become a danger to his life – and attempted an intervention in Las Vegas.

"The family believes Michael is addicted," a family insider told PEOPLE. "There was an intervention in Las Vegas. Janet was on the phone, but Randy, Jackie and Rebbie were there in person," the source said, referring to several of Michael's eight siblings.

"Michael got p---ed off. He said he wasn't on drugs. But they didn't believe him."

Jackson suffered cardiac arrest at his rented home in Los Angeles Thursday and was pronounced dead at 2:26 p.m. PST. His autopsy will be conducted by the Los Angeles County Coroner Friday, although some tests, including a toxicology report, could take days or weeks to complete.

At the time of the Vegas intervention, another source close to the family blamed a Jackson aide for supplying the superstar with drugs from prescriptions acquired from multiple doctors.

"[The aide] has contacts wherever they are," said the source. In addition to consuming alcohol, Jackson takes "straight morphine, Demerol and opiates like Oxycontin. He also takes Valium and Xanax," said the insider.

"Michael is a clinically functioning addict and these are the most dangerous," the source continued. "They stop and start. These are the ones that OD ... It could happen any minute."

After Jackson's death Thursday, family attorney Brian Oxman, who huddled with the grieving family at the hospital, raised the possibility that the drug abuse remained a critical factor in Jackson's life. "If you think that the case of Anna Nicole Smith was an abuse, it is nothing in comparison to what we have seen in Michael Jackson's life," Oxman told CNN.

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.