March 18, 2024, 11:38:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009  (Read 183264 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/

Neveland Ranch - the raid photos

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:31 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/10/arnie-klein-calls-the-cops/

Dr. Arnie Klein Calls the Cops
Posted Jul 10th 2009 4:15PM by TMZ Staff  (7:15 PM Eastern Time Zone)
We've learned Beverly Hills Police have just responded to the office
of Dr. Arnie Klein, Michael Jackson's close friend and doctor.

We're told Klein's office asked the cops to come -- someone in the office told us they called for protection. We do not have further details.

UPDATE: Cops tells us Dr. Klein's office has been receiving "suspicious calls" today -- so they took a report and are going to investigate.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #442 on: July 10, 2009, 11:25:27 PM »

Dr Klein says he was using fillers ( injections of some sort of liquid plastic gooey stuff ) on MJ's face and in his nose.
Not much of an testimonial or advertisement for the product the good doctor was using or for his skill as a doctor if MJ's face was the result.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #443 on: July 10, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »

Lupus attacks can be painful and unrelenting.
My friend who has lupus was always concerned what was happining in her brain or if anything was happening. Plus some of the meds she was taking,
anti inflammatory ( cortisone / steroids combos ) have their own  drawbacks on a person's long term health. Each person's symptons and course of this disease is different. 
I just saw on LKL that they are waiting on the coroner's report. It wouldn't be a big surprise to me if "undetermined " was the answer. Same as Anna Nicole Smith.
I also knew someone with Lupus and I'm not buying what Michael Jackson's doctor (dermatologist?) is selling.  Prednisone is commonly used to treat lupus attacks and is known for producing a side effect aptly called "Moon face".  With extended use, it causes the face to become very rounded.  My co-worker was adamant about weaning herself off of the prednisone because she hated what it did to her face (made it look "fat" to her, full to the rest of us-think baby faces).  Michael Jackson's face was never moonish (i.e. overly round and full) from the first surgery forward.  Instead it continued to become more angular with protruding cheek implants (IMO).  Furthermore, doctors do not operate on Lupus patients unless really necessary because of their compromised immune system.  In Lupus, the patient's body is already attacking it's own organ and joints as foreign invaders.  The steroids are prescribed in an effort to calm that.  Therefore, credible doctors would not impose additional stress on the immune system and further damage to the body.  A full blown Lupus attack is extremely serious.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #444 on: July 11, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »

I sure as heck don't understand the cosmetic surgery and those fillers being used on a lupus patient. The fillers themselves are perceived as foreign objects and would set your immune system up to attack. Deepak Chopra said that MJ did have the antibodies for lupus.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #445 on: July 11, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »

I had LKL on last night. Mark Geragos ( sp ) was on. he has been " approached " by one of the doctors, he wouldn't name him. MG said he probably wouldn't take it, he was conflicted. He represented MJ a few years ago.
IMO Another reason, Mark doesn't need another despicable client.
All the doctors they interviewed said that there were no circumstances where diprivan should / could be used outside of the hospital. So, if what has been reported so far is true about diprivan being in the house and they can tie it to Dr. Murray, he is done as a doctor.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #446 on: July 11, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

Now, if anyone had any doubt how nuts MJ was, they shouldn't anymore. The children mannequins are creepy, and I'll leave it at that   
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

Onr thing I noticed about some of those raid photos is that on the shelves there are what looks like to me people's photos who are not MJ family or kid photos. Some of these "messy" rooms might have been used by any one of his assistants.
Having said that, some of the portraits he had commissioned showing himself as royalty or Jesus at the Last supper are disturbing. These portraits were well thought out, not a momentary flash of ego. He was a pop icon, not what he seemed to perceive himself as. But then,people around him treated him like royalty. Seems as if he went thru assistants the way I go thru paper towels.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1199092/La-Toya-Jackson-Michael-murdered--I-felt-start.html

La Toya Jackson: Michael was murdered... I felt it from the start
By Caroline Graham
Last updated at 10:21 PM on 11th July 2009
The grieving sister of superstar Michael Jackson last night blamed ‘a shadowy entourage’ of manipulative hangers-on for effectively ‘murdering’ the King of Pop.
In a moving and revealing interview, La Toya Jackson, who was closer to her vulnerable brother than anyone else and was asked to sign his death certificate, portrayed Michael as a lonely and isolated figure at the mercy of a money-motivated clique.
She accused them of cutting him off from his family and friends and forcing him, largely against his will, to sign up for the gruelling commitment of 50 concerts at London’s O2 arena.
She believes her brother was fed addictive drugs by handlers who wanted to control his moods. She says they regarded him as a ‘cash cow’ and exploited him at every turn. It was this, she believes, that led directly to his death.
Speaking out: La Toya Jackson says she wants to expose the truth
Last week, Los Angeles police chief William Bratton confirmed that investigators had not ruled out homicide. Under Californian law, murder also covers killings that were not premeditated, which would be classed as manslaughter under the British legal system.
Though the formal state autopsy’s results will not be known for two weeks, La Toya has had a private autopsy conducted.
She received the results on Friday and although she won’t comment on the details until the police conclude their investigations, she did reveal that four fresh needle marks were found on Michael’s neck.
Fighting back tears, La Toya, 53, said: ‘I believe Michael was murdered, I felt that from the start. Not just one person was involved, rather it was a conspiracy of people.
He was surrounded by a bad circle. Michael was a very meek, quiet, loving person. People took advantage of that. People fought to be close to him, people who weren’t always on his side.
‘Less than a month ago, I said I thought Michael was going to die before the London shows because he was surrounded by people who didn’t have his best interests at heart.
‘Michael was worth more than a billion dollars. When anyone is worth that much money, there are always greedy people around them. I said to my family a month ago,
“He’s never going to make it to London.” He was worth more dead than alive.’
La Toya revealed Michael himself ‘never believed he would live to be an old man’ and feared he would die in his fifties.
'Vultures': La Toya claims manipulative hangers-on hooked her brother on drugs and made him their 'cash cow'
She says: ‘By the end, Michael was isolated from his family. He had no real friends. He was the loneliest man in the world.  I knew something terrible was going to happen.’
While there has been much speculation in the two weeks since Jackson’s death, less than 12 hours after he completed a punishing rehearsal, La Toya says she is speaking out now to ‘put the truth out there’.
She reveals specific details of the scene inside her brother’s rented £60,000-a-month Beverly Hills mansion. He was not found in bed, as has been widely reported, but instead was inside the nearby bedroom of his personal physician Dr Conrad Murray, a man who ‘disappeared’ from the hospital when La Toya began grilling him.
She tells how an intravenous drip stand was beside the bed and oxygen canisters lined the walls.
And La Toya tells in heartbreaking detail how she accompanied Michael’s children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Blanket, to see their father’s body and then, last Monday night, stood with Paris over an open casket as the child gently placed an inexpensive necklace around Jackson’s wrist and tenderly garlanded his body with coloured play stones.
Heartbroken: La Toya accompanied Michael's children, Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Blanket, to see their father's body
In person, La Toya bears a disarming likeness to her more famous sibling. She speaks in the same breathy high-pitch tone. A diminutive 5ft, she, like her brother, is clearly no stranger to the plastic surgeon’s scalpel.
But La Toya makes a compelling witness. Two years ago, she took part in a TV reality show Armed And Famous, in which she was given basic training to be a police officer, and continues to volunteer as a deputy.
And although she famously fell out with the Jackson clan in the Eighties over a book in which she described Michael as a paedophile and denounced her father Joe for bullying them as children, for the past 15 years, she has helped keep the family together.
La Toya, who had a messy divorce from her controlling former manager, Jack Gordon, 12 years ago, remained childless and became close again to Michael and his growing family, regularly seeing them at her mother’s house on Hayvenhurst Avenue in Encino. 
She last saw her brother three weeks before he died. The family held a large dinner to celebrate Katherine and Joe’s 60th wedding anniversary at Michael’s favourite Indian restaurant, Chakra, in Beverly Hills.
Michael was already at the party with his children when she arrived: ‘He was standing by the door and said, “Oh La Toya, you look fabulous.” He was thin but he ate that night. Michael loves his curries. He enjoyed every minute of it. At the end, he embraced me and said, “We have to do this again.” Then he went to the door, looked back and gave me a wave goodbye. That was the last time I saw my baby brother.’
Loneliest man in the world: La Toya says her brother had no real friends and she knew something terrible was going to happen. Michael
La Toya has clearly endured an extraordinary two weeks, which began with the news of her brother’s death and ended with his poignant memorial service last week.
Now she wants to set the record straight. Frequently welling up with tears while insisting ‘I am trying to be strong’, La Toya says: ‘I was at home when I received the news that Michael had been rushed to the hospital.
‘I live about three minutes away from Michael in Beverly Hills. I was talking to a friend about the fact that Farrah Fawcett had just passed away.
Her death came just after Ed McMahon [famous in America as the sidekick of talk-show host Johnny Carson] died. I said, “There’s going to be another one because they always go in threes.”
‘About an hour-and-a-half later, my father called me from Las Vegas and said, “Get to the hospital right away. Michael’s been rushed to hospital.”’
La Toya immediately rang her mother’s personal assistant to be told her brother was being treated at UCLA Medical Centre in Westwood, a ten-minute drive from her home.
‘I jumped into my car and kept calling my mother’s assistant saying, “How is he? How is he?”’ she recalls. ‘But he wouldn’t tell me.
‘Finally, I heard Mother in the background asking, “Who is that?” When she learned it was me, she screamed, “Why don’t you just tell her?” and she grabbed the phone and just screamed as loud as she could, “He’s dead!”
‘I nearly crashed my car. My legs went weak. I couldn’t press down on the gas pedal. I got to the wrong entrance at the hospital and was begging the security guys to help me and take my car because I was so weak and faint. They took me up to the area where Michael had been taken. Mother was crying and Michael’s kids were crying.
‘I screamed, “Is it true?” and she said, “Yes, he gone.” I couldn’t stop crying. I’m screaming and the kids are screaming. My mother was sitting there with all three of them on her lap, just crying.’
She says Paris demanded to see her father ‘one last time’. After a nurse told La Toya it would help the children grasp the reality that their father was dead, she held Paris’s hand as all three children, together with Michael’s brother Randy, went into the small ante-room off the emergency room where Michael lay, still warm to the touch.
She says: ‘There was a towel over his face and I lifted it and the kids saw him and Paris said, “Oh Daddy, I love you.”
‘We hugged and kissed him and the children lifted up his hands. He didn’t look like he was gone. His eyes were half open and he looked like he was sleeping. He wasn’t cold.
‘The kids had been screaming and crying but once they were in that room and saw Michael they stopped and became calm. We said prayers over him. I asked them, “What do you want to say to Daddy?” and they said private things to him.
Paris was holding his hand. We were all sitting around the bed. His chest was very red from the attempts to revive him. I lifted the covers to see his legs. Everything looked fine.’
She said reports Michael was bald and looked terrible without make-up were ‘plainly false’. ‘He had no make-up on but he looked fine. He just looked like Michael.’
Then, in true Hollywood fashion, Paris Hilton’s mother Kathy turned up. She had gone to school with Michael and La Toya and spent time in the room with the family, saying goodbye.
After the 30-minute farewell, La Toya signed the death certificate as the  ‘informant’ who provided the information about her brother.
‘My mother and brothers chose me because I had a special bond with Michael,’ she said.
La Toya says her brother will never be buried at Neverland, his sprawling 2,400-acre former home in Central California: ‘Michael hated that place. After the second [child abuse] trial, he said to me, “I will never come back to this place again. I hate it. This place helped destroy me.”’
La Toya says the behaviour of Michael’s £100,000-a-month personal doctor, Conrad Murray, at the hospital left her deeply troubled. Dr Murray, who is not certified as a
cardiologist, did not identify himself to the family, even though La Toya says she was demanding to see Michael’s doctor ‘to find out what the hell happened’.
It was Paris who pointed out the figure dressed in white, telling La Toya: ‘There’s Dr Murray. He’s the best cardiologist in the world. How could this happen to Daddy?’
Dr Murray’s lawyers have denied any wrongdoing and say he has cooperated fully with investigators.
But La Toya says she approached the doctor, saying, ‘I want to talk to you. I want to know what happened to my brother.’ But, she says: ‘He mumbled a bunch of nothing.
He said something like, “Michael didn’t make it, I’m sorry.” It wasn’t right. It felt weird.’In all the confusion, she says, the doctor later ‘disappeared’. It is at this point, La Toya says, that her concerns were heightened. She was told by a different doctor that
Michael had fresh needle marks on his body.
According to reports, Jackson used intravenous anaesthetics to help
him sleep, including Demerol and
Diprivan, a drug never normally used outside the operating theatre.
Police also removed two bagfuls of prescription drugs issued to various aliases from pharmacies in different US states. They have subpoenaed the star’s medical records from a series of doctors. La Toya says: ‘It will all come out. You will be shocked.’
The official coroner’s report is due soon along with the results of a second autopsy, which La Toya arranged, She says: ‘We want to sit down and compare the two reports before anything is made public. I have a strong idea of what the outcome will be but
I cannot say anything at this stage.
‘He had needle marks on his neck and on his arms and more about those will emerge in the next few weeks. I cannot discuss that any further as I may jeopardise the investigation. I can, however, say that I have not changed my mind about my feeling that Michael was murdered.’
After returning from the hospital with the children and her mother to Katherine’s home, they received a troubling call from the Jackson mansion. It was Michael’s long-term assistant Michael Amin, a devout Muslim known as Brother Michael.
He told La Toya that her brother’s Lebanese-born, self-appointed business manager Dr Tohme Tohme had fired all the staff at the Beverly Hills property and at a second rented home in Las Vegas.
‘I want to know how Michael died, and then, at 11pm on the day he dies, all the staff are fired?’ she asks rhetorically. ‘That raised my suspicions.’
When she arrived at the house with her manager and close friend Jeffre Phillips, new security guards were in place.
She says: ‘I could smell and sense my brother everywhere. I could smell his favourite cologne, Black Orchid by Tom Ford. I went into his bedroom. There was a shirt discarded on the floor.’
She says Michael was taken to hospital from Dr Murray’s bedroom, across a large hall from his own.  ‘Michael walked from his room to Dr Murray’s room. What happened in there we don’t know. He ended up alone in the room with the doctor.’
Shortly after midday, the doctor ran downstairs and screamed at bodyguard Alberto Alvarez to call the emergency services.
La Toya says: ‘No one was allowed upstairs apart from Dr Murray and the children. Paris has since told me that even they were not allowed in that room when Dr Murray was giving Michael his “oxygen”.
Murray, said La Toya, initially gave the star CPR on the soft surface of the bed before moving him to the ground, on the instruction of the 911 emergency operator who told him the procedure needed to be conducted on a hard surface.
She says: ‘Why, if this man was a cardiologist, was my brother on the bed? Michael was dead in that room. I was told the doctor kept telling everyone he was alive, but
Brother Michael saw him and said it was obvious he was dead. There were oxygen tanks along the wall next to the dresser. There was a metal stand with a cord hanging down. The police had already been in the house and had removed all the drugs and whatever bag was hanging there.’
Diprivan, when administered in hospital, is always given with oxygen. La Toya admits her brother had a prescription drug problem which the family believes began after he damaged his back in an on-stage accident during the Jacksons’ 1984 Victory tour.
But she insists she believes he was ‘clean’ in preparation for the O2 shows. ‘He had just been to England on a cleanse and he was drinking juices and being pure. He had cleaned everything out of his system ready to do the concerts in London. 
But Michael never wanted to do 50 shows. He agreed to do ten and then the promoters and those around him added more and more shows because they were selling out.
‘It’s impossible even for a healthy person to do that many shows. Michael was fragile.
He always wanted to believe the best of people. But he was meek. In the last few months, he became isolated. I believe the staff were given strict instructions that if any of the family called, not to tell him. And if any of the family came by, not to let them in.
Adored: A poster of Michael Jackson is covered with messages from fans at a one-day tribute to the "King of Pop"
Those people around him didn’t care about Michael the man. They were interested in Michael the cash cow.
‘Michael didn’t keep a close eye on his finances. A lot of people made a lot of money out of Michael. The house he was renting at the end is a classic example. It would cost £15,000 a month to rent but he was charged £60,000 a month because he was Michael Jackson.’
‘As a family, we tried to get involved. We wanted to stage an intervention. But we couldn’t get near Michael. I knew something terrible was going to happen.
‘I believe he was cut off from the real world and the drugs were a way [for his hangers-on] to get in there.  They got him hooked on drugs. He was pure and clean and then drugs came back into his system. I think it shocked his system so much it killed him.’
She says the family will file a civil lawsuit against anyone they believe responsible, as well as pushing for police to serve criminal charges:
‘I am going to get down to the bottom of this. I am not going to stop until I find out who is responsible. Why did they keep the family away? It’s not about money. I want justice for Michael. I won’t rest until I find out what – and who –  killed my brother.’
Trawling through Michael’s personal possessions at his house, La Toya was shocked when she saw his work schedule: ‘They worked him so hard. There was no breathing room.
Every hour was packed with costume fittings, vocal lessons, rehearsals. Even Paris noticed. She told me, “They worked Daddy too hard. They worked him so hard.”
‘When someone is fragile you can’t keep them going like that. A lot of people are responsible for this, directly or indirectly. They told him, “The shows are booked, the tickets are sold.”
And Michael being Michael, he didn’t want to let down his fans.
‘His kids made him so happy but he didn’t have any real friends. His problem was he didn’t trust people. In the end, he died a lonely man surrounded by this shadowy entourage.’
While Michael regularly kept up to £1million in cash inside his home, La Toya says none was found. Nor was any of his vast collection of jewellery: ‘Someone went in there and did a good job. So many people were in the house before I got there.’
In the hours after Michael died, his sister Janet was so worried, she put her own security team in place inside the house. The sisters plan to move all of Michael’s possessions into storage to safeguard them for his children.
La Toya says the children are coping well. They are with Katherine and nanny Grace Rwaramba who turned up for a day ‘and has been there ever since.’ La Toya says, however, she is ‘highly suspicious’ of the nanny’s motives.
‘The family has mixed feelings about her,’ she says. ‘Mother says she wants to be with the kids but I warned her to be careful. It’s not like the children like or dislike her. They like everyone. Mother is gullible and feels sorry for her.’
She says reports that Grace was Michael’s girlfriend are false. ‘I heard Grace liked Michael but he didn’t like her. He let her go last Christmas. I have a lot of questions about Grace. She was instrumental in keeping the family away. All of a sudden she is back, listening and watching the family. I think her behaviour is odd.’
La Toya says her focus is now on the children. All three are said to be well-behaved but innocent of the wider world. They don’t watch television. They are tutored at home and are only allowed to watch Disney movies. The family have hired a grief counsellor for them.
She added: ‘Michael always said he was a single parent. But he was a very good parent. It was funny seeing him changing nappies, because you never imagine him that way. But Michael was a hands-on dad. He was quite an expert. They are happy children, despite what has happened.
‘Paris wants to be an entertainer. Prince Michael, the oldest, is assertive. I see such sadness there. He cried at the hospital but hasn’t cried since. He has become the little man of the family. Blanket is the baby. He is very funny, a real prankster like his father.’
Although the memorial was watched by millions on TV, the most poignant farewell came last Monday night at Forest Lawn Cemetery, where the family had an open coffin viewing.
She says Paris bought a cheap ‘mood’ necklace – a metal heart which changes colour when it touches the skin. ‘The heart is in two pieces. Paris told me, “I want one half to go to Daddy and I will wear the other half for ever.”
‘She carefully wrapped it around his wrist. She said; “Daddy this is for you.” Then she placed it on him and said, “On Daddy, it will be blue because he is cold. On me, it’s purple.”
‘She got some coloured stones and she decorated his body. She said, “He’s so cold, he is so cold.” His lips were slightly swollen from the autopsy. She asked, “Who did that to Daddy?” I told her it was because he had passed.
‘I put one of his sequined gloves in there. And a pair of his favourite sunglasses.’
Yet to rest in peace: Jackson's body has been been temporarily placed in a crypt at Forest Lawn belonging to Motown record founder Berry Gordy while the family decides on a final burial place
Michael Bush, Michael’s long-time costumier, made an elaborate cream jacket decorated with pearls and beads. He was dressed in black trousers with a large gold belt with two cherubs on either side of the buckle. Karen Faye, his make-up artist, applied cosmetics to his face.
La Toya says: ‘I am so proud of Paris for speaking at the memorial service. When Stevie Wonder was performing she whispered to me, “Auntie La Toya, I want to go up there and say something about Daddy.”
I couldn’t just walk her up on stage but at the end, when we were singing We Are The World, she said, “I’m too shy now” but then changed her mind and said those words about loving her Daddy that everyone saw.
‘The boys didn’t want to come to the viewing, but Paris was insistent. She wears Michael T-shirts every day and the walls of her room are covered with posters and pictures of her daddy. She still writes him letters every day, sweet lovely letters about how much she loves him.
‘Her letters are brilliant. When you read them you cry. She loves the light on stage. She is always singing Daddy’s songs and she is special. She has it – the X factor.’
La Toya says she was shocked by the emergence of a 2002 will stating Diana Ross should be a back-up to Jackson matriarch Katherine as the children’s guardian.
She says: ‘Michael always told us that he wanted his eldest sister Rebbie Jackson to look after the children. Rebbie had a nice family, which Michael loved. He told many family members that she was his choice. We believe there is another will which will emerge. He updated his wills almost every five years, so we expect one to come out from 2007. 
As the question of the children’s future remains unresolved, Debbie Rowe, the birth mother of the two eldest, is expected to begin her fight for custody of the children in the Los Angeles courts next week.
La Toya dismisses her: ‘These are not Debbie’s kids. They don’t even know she’s their mother. Like everyone else in his life, she was motivated by money. She has always said she’s not their mother.
 ‘My understanding is that she will now go after the kids. I know a few things about Debbie and I will prevent that from happening.
‘Debbie has only seen the children a handful of times. Michael never introduced her as their mother.’
She confirmed that Blanket, the youngest, was created from a donor egg and donated sperm: ‘Michael didn’t want to know who the biological parents were.
‘They took eggs from a donor and I believe the sperm came from one of five donors picked from a book. Michael didn’t know who the mother and father were. I don’t know who carried the child and if the surrogate knew whose child she was carrying.
‘Those children were his greatest joy. He was a superstar but the only people who loved him unconditionally were the children.’
She fears for her mother, Katherine now 79: ‘She’s the rock of the family, but I’m the glue that holds it all together. Everyone is hurting. I’ve hardly slept since this started. I am frightened the stress will hurt Mother.
‘Michael knew he was never going to be a grey-haired old man. He
didn’t want to grow old. He told me he thought he would die in his 50s. He said he would get married at 45 and die around 50. He had a gut feeling.’
Despite the intense pressures, La Toya is convinced Michael had much to look forward to. He was trying to buy a £40million house in Las Vegas from the Sultan of Brunei, which was to have been his base after the O2 shows ended.
He was reading books on directing movies. ‘The first one was to be a
horror film called Thriller,’ she said. ‘He had already designed the poster. He was going to retire from music. This Is It really was the end. He didn’t want to perform any more.’
Ironically, the extended Jackson family, which has been badly fractured throughout the years, now appear to be united in their grief and determination to seek the truth about Michael’s death.
As La Toya puts it: ‘I’m doing what I can to find out how he died. If he died of a drug overdose, then I want to find who supplied him the drugs and who first introduced him to them. We’ve still not had a chance to speak to Dr Murray about Michael’s final days. I need to know what he may have seen or heard.
‘Michael didn’t have to die. We are all mourning his loss, more than anyone can ever know. But we are also determined to get to the bottom of what happened to him.’

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/07/12/joe-jackson-to-be-kept-away-from-jacko-kids-115875-21512599/

Joe Jackson to be kept away from Jacko kids
EXCLUSIVE by Kate Mansey in Los Angeles 12/07/2009
Secret pact between Katherine Jackson and Debbie Rowe to shield children from Michael's 'bullying' father
Michael Jackson’s mother and his ex-wife have struck a secret deal to exclude the singer’s domineering father from having any part in the upbringing of his three children.
Katherine Jackson and Debbie Rowe, the mother of Jacko’s two eldest children Prince Michael and Paris, had been at loggerheads over the future custody of the kids, with each wanting to bring them up.
But the pair are close to putting aside their differences to prevent Joe Jackson having anything to do the children’s upbringing.
Michael famously accused his father of beating him as a boy and Joe, who is estranged from Katherine, is widely blamed by fans for many of the singer’s problems.
Joe, 80,  has insisted that he and Katherine, 79, should have joint custody of Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year-old Prince Michael II, known as Blanket.
Now sources say Debbie and Katherine, who were set to fight it out in court over custody, are now close to a deal in which Katherine will bring the children up, while Debbie has regular access.
Debbie, 50, and Katherine have apparently been united in fury at comments by Joe – who made millions out of his son’s success – about Paris and Blanket’s potential as performers.
And there was widespread revulsion when Joe blatantly plugged his own record company in the aftermath of his son’s death on June 25.
Now the Sunday Mirror can reveal lawyers acting for Debbie and Katherine met on Friday for talks on how to shut out Joe.
A custody hearing scheduled for tomorrow  has been deferred until July 20 to allow the women to iron out a deal for Katherine to keep the children at the Jackson family compound in Encino, California, with regular visits from Debbie.
At Encino the children are being encouraged to talk about their dad as much as possible as part of their grieving process. When Jackson was alive he insisted they wear masks while out in public, but they appeared uncovered on stage at the LA memorial for the singer on Tuesday.
And Katherine is gently re-introducing them into a more normal routine than they would have been used to, buying ordinary supermarket toys for them rather than the hand-picked luxury items Jacko gave them then often threw away, paranoid about germs and bugs.
Jackson’s brother Jermaine has told how the children have taken comfort from their cousins, uncles and aunts and have started playing with other kids at the family home.
Despite being separated from his wife Katherine for five years and living in Las Vegas, Joe claims they should have joint permanent custody of the children.
He said: “We should keep them all together and then make them happy, feed ’em like they’re supposed to be fed and let them get rest, plenty of sleep and grow up to be strong Jacksons.”
In his will – in which there was no reference to Joe – Michael left instructions that Katherine should raise the children.
And he stipulated that his old friend, soul legend Diana Ross should become their guardian in the event of Katherine’s death.
Debbie, who met Jacko when she was a nurse working with his dermatologist, Arnold Klein, gave up her custody rights to Prince Michael and Paris in 1999.
And last weekend she declared: “I want the children back.”
It’s understood her primary concern is to prevent Joe having  any role at all in bringing them up and was even contemplating applying for a restraining order to have him legally barred from contacting them.
A source close to Debbie’s attorney said: “The last thing she wanted was for those kids to be looked after by Joe and go through what Michael went through.
“When they were together Michael poured out his heart about how much he loathed Joe for what he had done. And Katherine knows it’s best for the children if they can settle it between themselves and keep it all out of courts. They can’t stop Joseph seeing the kids at family functions and parties, but they can and will fight to prevent him having any formal role whatsoever in their upbringing.”
Joe has already revealed he has big dreams for Blanket. He said last week: “I keep looking at Paris and she wants to do something and Blanket, he can really dance.”
In 2007 Jackson claimed: “My father would rehearse with a belt in his hand, you couldn’t mess up. I would never get spanked during rehearsals or practice – but afterwards was when I got in trouble.”
Joe has always denied beating either Michael or his sisters and brothers.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2530055/Debbie-Rowe-to-launch-legal-bid-for-kids.html

Debbie's legal bid for children

By CAROLINE IGGULDEN
Published: Today
JACKO’S ex-wife Debbie Rowe will launch a legal bid on Monday for their kids — because she fears for their safety around his dad Joe.
The former nurse, 50, will fight the court order which granted guardianship of Prince Michael, 12, and 11-year-old daughter Paris to the late entertainer’s mum Katherine.

Debbie gave up any claim to the children following her divorce from Jacko in 1999 in return for a £6million payout.
But she now plans to cite the well-documented claims that Joe, 79, used to beat his own kids in a bid to get hers back.
And she looks set to have a massive fight on her hands.
Joe, who lives apart from wife Katherine, also 79, insists the kids should be cared for by their “grandmother and I”.
The former Jackson Five manager’s own children have told of his shocking brutality.
In 2007, Michael said: “My father would rehearse with a belt in his hand, you couldn’t mess up. I would never get spanked during rehearsals or practice — but afterwards was when I got in trouble.”
And he told how his fear of Joe made him “regurgitate”.

Jacko’s sister La Toya has also revealed the “constant threat of violence” that Joe imposed on his children in her autobiography.
She wrote of getting a bad school report aged six. La Toya, 53, said: “His boxer fists pummelled my face and body. I cried until my eyes were swollen nearly shut.”
Despite the claims, Joe maintains he and Katherine should raise their grandkids.
He said: “There’s no one else to do what we can do for them — make them happy.
“Feed them like they’re supposed to be fed, let them grow to be strong Jacksons.”
And incredibly he is already sizing up Jacko’s three kids as potential future stars. He added: “I keep watching Paris — she may want to do something.
“And Blanket — he can really dance.”
Jacko’s third child, Prince Michael II, seven, known as Blanket, has an unidentified surrogate mother.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #451 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

Puzzler,thanks for the articles.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »

Now, if anyone had any doubt how nuts MJ was, they shouldn't anymore. The children mannequins are creepy, and I'll leave it at that   

That freaks me out. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

That freaks me out. 
Me too, I can't imagine having mannequins in your home like that, but hey, Michael must have enjoyed it    Thanks Puzzler for all the articles.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: July 13, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531940,00.html?mrp   
Joe Jackson Wants Michael's Kids to Tour as 'Jackson 3'

Monday, July 13, 2009

Michael Jackson's father, Joe Jackson, is lining up the King of Pop's children for a world tour as The Jackson Three — despite family members accusing him of trying to "exploit them like Jacko."

Former Jackson Five manager Joe is said to have approached Prince Michael, 12, Paris, 11, and seven-year old Prince Michael II — known as Blanket — to hit the stage next year.

But one of Jacko's familymembers is said to be "livid" at the scheme, which will add fuel to the bitter custody battle for the youngsters.

PHOTOS: Click for scenes from Jackson's Los Angeles memorial

Jackson’s biographer Ian Halperin said yesterday: "Joe wants the children to go on a world tour in
recording contracts to two of Michael’s kids. Now he is talking about getting them the world’s best backing band and taking them on tour as The Jackson Three."

Halperin said yesterday his source for the allegations is extremely close to the family and may soon speak out publicly — out of concern for the future of the youngsters.
He told The Sun: "One of the family members is livid. He is saying Joe seems intent to do this no matter what. “He wants to exploit the kids the same way he did Michael."

Jacko has claimed former boxer Joe Jackson beat him as a child — and the fear of him made him "regurgitate."

Sister La Toya has also told of the "constant threat of violence" that Joe Jackson imposed on his children
Continue reading at The Sun UK   http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2531616/Joe-Jackson-wants-to-make-kids-into-a-supergroup.html

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

Thanks Trimm, well, why not, does he even know if the kids can sing and dance? What a loser, let's hope this never happens.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: July 13, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »

Thanks Trimm, well, why not, does he even know if the kids can sing and dance? What a loser, let's hope this never happens.

I hope there is no truth to that,but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.I hope they get this custody thing moving along quickly.Those kids need to have their privacy.I don't even think the little girl should have spoke at the funeral.That was heartbreaking.   

~ Peter Frampton
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-13/jackson-nanny-to-reveal-all/?cid=topic:mainpromo1

Grace Rwaramba, the de facto mother to Jackson's children, was fired last year for fighting with him about his drug use, Gerald Posner reports. She will detail his pill habits to authorities today.
The Daily Beast has learned that Grace Rwaramba, the trusted nanny to Michael Jackson’s children who began working for the superstar in 1991, will be giving a deposition to Los Angeles investigators today in their probe into Jackson’s death. Few people have a better overview of Jackson’s pill habits across the past two decades, including enabling doctors. According to a source familiar with what she intends to tell authorities, she is ready to “reveal all” she knows about his myriad physicians. That should make some of them very nervous.

Not only does Rwaramba know where the bones are buried when it comes to doctors who enabled Jackson’s prescription-pill addiction, but The Daily Beast has also learned that Michael Amir, a top aide to Jackson known to many by his Nation of Islam shorthand, Brother Michael, fired Rwaramba in 2008 precisely because she was fighting with the pop star over the extent of his drug use and because she had reached out to other friends to help with an intervention.
Rwaramba has long been the subject of false tabloid rumors ranging from The National Enquirer’s 2007 report that she had secretly wed Jackson in a Las Vegas ceremony to British tabloid reports that she was the mother of Prince Michael II. She always endured the stories silently, never talking to the press or even issuing denials. And even when Jackson let her go over her drug intervention, she was loyal and maintained her silence.

But now she must endure another round of slanderous comments, passed around to reporters by some of the Nation of Islam workers who had surrounded Jackson during the past several years. One rumor: Rwaramba has a secret offshore bank account worth $100 million and that she used her trusted position with Jackson to enrich herself. Sources involved with the executors unraveling Jackson’s complicated estate and finances say the hidden-wealth rumors about Rwaramba appear utterly baseless and that all they can find is that Jackson sometimes passed money to his mother Katherine, through Rwaramba.

Rwaramba has told friends she has “absolutely nothing to hide.” Critically, the Jackson family believes her. They have embraced her once again and she is spending all her time with the children at the family’s request.

Instead, forensic accountants being brought in by the executors appear to be initially far more interested in a few top aides of the past couple of years, including some members of the Nation of Islam, about potentially millions missing from the Jackson accounts, and reports of shakedowns done by Jackson aides when outside businessmen approached the pop star with deals. Multiple efforts to reach Michael Amir or Grace Rwaramba were unsuccessful.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »

Thanks Puzzler. 

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/la-mayor-city-will-pay-costs-from-jackson-event/25168?nc
LA mayor: City will pay costs from Jackson event
Associated Press - July 14, 2009 12:47 AM PDT

LOS ANGELES - Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is trying to quell the escalating debate over who should pick up the estimated $1.4 million tab for police, traffic control and other services related to Michael Jackson's memorial service.

Villaraigosa, who was vacationing in South Africa a week ago when more than 17,000 fans flocked to downtown Los Angeles to watch the public memorial, asserted Monday that the city will pay. He said he will not ask the Jackson family or AEG Live, the owner of the Staples Center where the event was held, to help the city recoup its expenses, and he lambasted a city Web site set up to request donations.

"This is a world-class city, and we provide fire and police protection, period," Villaraigosa said during his first public appearance since returning from his weeklong trip. "The idea that we would charge the family for a funeral is nonsensical."

Despite his comments, the City Council was expected to take up the issue Tuesday when City Attorney Carmen Trutanich reports on the costs of the event. Trutanich launched an investigation into laws to force third parties to pay the municipal costs associated with unexpected events such as the Jackson memorial.

Villaraigosa told reporters that major events such as the memorial occur frequently in Los Angeles and other big cities. New York and Chicago do not ask others to cough up cash, he said.

The mayor called the city's donation Web site, which raised $35,000, "ridiculous." The site stopped operating Friday afternoon. It was unclear whether the money would be returned to donors.
Villaraigosa's comments was in contrast to a statement attributed to him in a news release distributed by his office last week. In it, he encouraged Jackson fans to memorialize the pop star by donating to the city.

The release quoted Villaraigosa as saying: "Michael Jackson's music touched millions of fans across the globe. Donations will help the City of Angels provide the extraordinary public safety resources required to give Michael the safe, orderly and respectful memorial he deserves."

Matt Szabo, the mayor's spokesman, said the idea to seek donations came from Councilwoman Jan Perry, who served as acting mayor while Villaraigosa and City Council President Eric Garcetti were out of the country.

"Her office asked for donations to be mailed in," Szabo said. "The bottom line is our office then moved to support that effort with an online contribution form."

Perry could not immediately be reached for comment.
The issue took on political overtones last week when several council members asked who was going to foot the bill at a time when the city faces a $530 million budget shortfall and layoffs. One of the most vocal critics was Councilman Dennis Zine, who said taxpayers don't typically pay for motorcade escorts for funerals.

Zine said he agreed with Villaraigosa that the city should not solicit donations, but asserted that the Jackson family and AEG Live should pay.

"AEG and the Jackson family turned this memorial into a worldwide event. The taxpayers should not be responsible for what they did," Zine said Monday.

Zine introduced a motion calling for a review of city policies governing expenditures on such events and a detailed report of the costs related to Jackson's death, as well as who approved the expenditures.

Councilwoman Janice Hahn, meanwhile, introduced a motion asking for a full accounting of tourism-related revenue that flowed into the city after the singer died June 25.

Both motions are on the council's agenda for July 21.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.