March 19, 2024, 03:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON 1958 - 2009  (Read 183291 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2009, 12:38:06 AM »

I was just listening to Fox News talking about the 9ll call and the doctor.  The 911 call they said the doctor was performing CPR on the "bed" (it should be done on the floor or a hard surface).  Talk has been all day that the doctor performed CPR for 45 minutes (a unbelievable amount of time).  And...that MJ started succumbing shortly after the demoral injection.

I'm thinking that the doctor is in a lot of trouble here and probably will not return to his practice. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2009, 01:12:18 AM »

I was just listening to Fox News talking about the 9ll call and the doctor.  The 911 call they said the doctor was performing CPR on the "bed" (it should be done on the floor or a hard surface).  Talk has been all day that the doctor performed CPR for 45 minutes (a unbelievable amount of time).  And...that MJ started succumbing shortly after the demoral injection.

I'm thinking that the doctor is in a lot of trouble here and probably will not return to his practice. 

Not to mention this guy is a cardiologist, like OMG!   You never perform CPR on a bed, you're right Puzz in fact I think in the 911 call the instructions were to move him to the floor (it was too late by then).  I have an issue with the time it took to call 911, should have been within the first 5 minutes & even then often its already too late.   Repotedly he performed CPR to the hospital & was in the hospital so its odd that he left.  To my knowledge, this Dr Murray has yet to talk to LAPD & was "missing" but supposedly back in LA (where did he go and why).  The car he was driving was his sister's, a cardiologist having to borrow his sister's car, seriously?  Word is that this doctor used lidocaine.   Why didnt he have defib, they are not expensive.  TMZ and video showed that LAPD met with the family late this afternoon to discuss the circumstances of MJ's death.   I know there has been so much speculation about Michael over the years, but the people around him this topping it off, its really starting to tick me off to no end.

On Greta (she's at his rental house), Adam Housley reported  earlier that it is believed he will be transferred from the coroner to the mortuary by midnight tonight, since its over the weekend it would have to wait until Monday otherwise so breaking news of that transfer may happen still this evening.  I'm sure they waiting for the latest hour or may try a ruse to keep media and looking loos from getting too close.  A program note Greta is doing a speical tomrrow night live from LA.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 07:01:36 AM »

I did see Dr. Perper on one of the shows commenting on the coroner's statments. He is thinking the toxicology results will show the cause of death. They know what drugs were in his system, not what levels of those drugs. My best guess here is toxic and of course fatal levels.
Seems as if alot of persons earned their living off of Michael. How does someone with so much earning power become so far into debt ? Sure he spent it, but didn't he have business managers in charge ? 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 09:54:23 AM »

I did see Dr. Perper on one of the shows commenting on the coroner's statments. He is thinking the toxicology results will show the cause of death. They know what drugs were in his system, not what levels of those drugs. My best guess here is toxic and of course fatal levels.
Seems as if alot of persons earned their living off of Michael. How does someone with so much earning power become so far into debt ? Sure he spent it, but didn't he have business managers in charge ? 
Good question, but now out will come all the money hungry family, friends, etc. It is being reported there are 100 songs that Michael wrote, that he kept for his children, and to be released after his demise. This will be a mess.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2009, 10:17:12 AM »

Good question, but now out will come all the money hungry family, friends, etc. It is being reported there are 100 songs that Michael wrote, that he kept for his children, and to be released after his demise. This will be a mess.

hubby and I were just talking this morning about the wealth that Michael has gone through...but when you pay someone to hold an umbrella over your head instead of holding it yourself, that adds up... also, can't you imagine all of the others that he had on his payroll? this is going to be a mess...but I heard also that they could turn Neverland into another Graceland as a money earner...that would make sense to me ...but you would have to have someone handling it like Priscilla Presley..not someone who will be greedy and take all the money for themselves...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529185,00.html
What Will Happen to Michael Jackson's Children, and His Fortune?
Friday, June 26, 2009
By Joseph Abrams
The King of Pop is dead, and now begins what could turn into a legal battle over the custody of his three children — and what remains of his once-vast fortune.

Michael Jackson, who spent a lifetime and countless millions trying to recapture his lost childhood, has left his own children in legal limbo following his sudden death Thursday at a rented Los Angeles home, apparently of cardiac arrest.

Family associates and legal experts see a storm brewing over the care of 12-year-old Michael Joseph "Prince" Jackson Jr., 11-year-old Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and 7-year-old Prince Michael II Jackson.Michael Jr. and Paris were in Jackson's sole custody following his 1999 divorce from Debbie Rowe, the children's biological mother. His third child, whom he affectionately called "Blanket," was born to an unknown surrogate who also waived her parental rights.

But it is not known whether Jackson ever wrote a will delineating who would have custody of his children or his estate when he died. He is survived by his parents, his ex-wife Rowe and his eight siblings. His first wife, Lisa-Marie Presley, is not expected to lay claim to any part of his estate.
Many lawyers and associates contacted by FOX News say they believe it was Jackson's intention for his children to pass to his mother, Katherine, the matriarch of the Jackson clan whom Jackson referred to as his "life and soul."

"I do not know of any kind of will or estate planning that Michael would have made," said Brian Oxman, a Jackson family lawyer. "But I know that he believed that if anything ever happened to him that his mother was a wonderful caretaker."

Debra Opri, a former Jackson family spokeswoman who represented photographer Larry Birkhead in his successful suit for custody of Birkhead's child with Anna Nicole Smith, agreed.

Katherine Jackson has been "a fantastic mother to a very large group, and I think these kids will be under her care and they're going to be OK," Opri said. "For a long time now things have been in place as to who would be raising the kids."
But the story may be complicated, as was always the case with the perennially beleaguered King of Pop. The judge who granted sole custody to Jackson in a 2005 dispute with Rowe reportedly reversed that decision over a technicality, according to TMZ, meaning Rowe could be first in line for custody of her biological children.

But Rowe, who reportedly was pushing for a larger settlement from Jackson during the 2005 hearings, stated clearly in court documents that she had no interest in taking her children.

"They're his kids. They're not my kids," she said. "I don't have any rights."

Some child advocates say Rowe's custody would prove detrimental to the children, and they believe she will never gain control of them.

"There's no judge on the planet that would give a woman like that custody of these children. She basically treated them like loaves of bread," said Wendy Murphy, a prosecutor and child advocate, who noted that 20 years of legal trends indicate that the contract will win out.

At stake is more than just family love. Jackson, who was believed to be $400 million in debt, also held giant assets, including the rights to his own mega-hits and a 50 percent stake in the company that owns the majority of the Beatles' catalog.
"Whoever does have custody of the children ultimately will have access to whatever remains of his estate," said Murphy. "Katherine, I think, if there is no will, will probably prevail because she's probably the relative that the courts will see as most appropriate."

But Katherine's claims could be put on hold if rumors of her poor health prove true and the courts determine she is not fit to care for her grandchildren, Murphy added.

Despite the potential potholes, some friends and associates said it was a cut-and-dried case that would not take long to resolve, even if Jackson had not written a will or left proper instructions for the maintenance of his estate.

"It is always complicated when there is not a will, but I can assure you that Michael Jackson crossed his T's and dotted his I's when it came to his children," Opri told FOXNews.com. "That means he made sure that there's something in writing saying who is going to take care of the kids and what was going to be done for them."

As sales of Jackson's records and memorabilia soar — Amazon.com reported a huge spike Friday over usual sales of his CDs and DVDs — it is possible that his very passing could help ensure that in death he eventually recovers from the massive debt he incurred in life, and provide financial comfort for his family.

But even then, Jackson might have thrown another fly in the ointment. Rumors persist that he planned to will the rights to the Beatles' songs to Paul McCartney, who never forgave Jackson when he bought the Fab Four's own songs out from under him in 1985.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2009, 10:43:42 AM »

I just heard on the news that Jackson had wanted his longtime nanny of his children to keep his children if anything happened to him...another twist perhaps...hopefully he had a will which states what his wishes would be...poor kids...they have to be so bewildered and upset...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »

I just heard on the news that Jackson had wanted his longtime nanny of his children to keep his children if anything happened to him...another twist perhaps...hopefully he had a will which states what his wishes would be...poor kids...they have to be so bewildered and upset...
I heard that too, but if that isn't in a will, I don't see that ever happening. Maybe if grandma gets the kids, the nanny will stay on to help, that would make sense. But sense isn't going to be part of this, Debbie will be in the mix. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »

Michael Jackson's Demerol Tonic
Posted Jun 27th 2009 9:59AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson had a habit of getting Demerol injections -- he even had a special name for them.

We're told Jackson called it "health tonic." He would have a doctor inject him because, we're told, he didn't like needles.

Our sources have told us Jackson was injected with Demerol at 11:30 AM the day he died. Shortly thereafter Jackson went into cardiac arrest.

You'll recall, Jackson also had a name for wine -- Jesus juice.
(How do you inject someone with Demerol without a needle. Or does this mean, he was afraid of needles, but wasn't afraid of needles if a doctor injected him?) There is something real fishy going on here. When all this was happening on Thursday, my daughter called and said on Twitter that Michael commited suicide, now I said no way. But a strange thought entered my mind, what if this was an assisted suicide? May sound crazy, and we may never no anyway. Why would a doctor be giving CPR on a bed? To many questions, and answers will not come truthfully in my opinion.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2009, 12:40:17 PM »

Cops Seek 2nd Person in Jackson Investigation
Posted Jun 27th 2009 12:06PM by TMZ Staff

Cops want to talk to a second person in their investigation into Michael Jackson's death.

Sources tell TMZ police want to talk to Dr. Tohme Tohme about an "alleged indirect connection" between prescription drugs and MJ's passing.

Dr. Tohme says he's Jackson's longtime friend and manager. He tells us, "I don't have anything to do with his (Michael's) medication or health. This is B.S. -- why should I talk to police?"

Police also plan to interview Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray.

(And this is going to keep on getting weirder)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »

LOS ANGELES —  Most of Michael Jackson's family members have gathered in their Encino compound, where they are contemplating funeral arrangements and caring for his three children. They are feeling confused, upset and angry by the lack of information about those who were around the pop superstar in his final days, a person close to the family told The Associated Press.

Jackson's family wants to know more specifics about what role AEG, the concert promoter that was staging his 50-date concert series at London's 02 Arena, was playing in his life, said the person, who requested anonymity because of the delicate nature of the situation. They also want to know more about the role of his advisers and representatives, who they believe were put in place by the promoter.

Jackson never communicated to his family who he had in place to handle his business affairs, the person said, adding that they were told by the singer's phalanx of advisers that the singer likely had a will, but it may be many years old. The family is distrustful of what they are being told — but they are determined to find out more, the person said.

PHOTOS: Click here for photos of Michael Jackson.

"There are decisions going down without the family being in the loop; it's becoming an issue," the person said.

Randy Phillips, AEG Live president and chief executive, said earlier Friday that it was Jackson who insisted that Dr. Conrad Murray, a financially troubled cardiologist who was with the entertainer when he collapsed Thursday, be put on the tour payroll.

"As a company, we would have preferred not having a physician on staff full-time because it would have been cheaper without the hotels and travel, but Michael was insistent that he be hired," Phillips said. "Michael said he had a rapport with him."

Jackson collapsed Thursday at his rented home in Los Angeles. Police seized Murray's car in search of evidence, but have insisted that the doctor has been cooperative and do not consider him a criminal suspect.

Records reveal years of financial troubles for Murray, who practices medicine in California, Nevada and Texas; his Nevada medical practice, Global Cardiovascular Associates, was slapped with more than $400,000 in court judgments, and he faces at least two other pending cases and several tax liens.

The person close to the family said that while there were reports that the singer was distant from his family, Jackson spoke with his mother Katherine quite regularly and his father, Joe, had seen his son shortly before his death. His other eight siblings, including fellow superstar Janet, may not have talked to him recently but were not estranged.

Much of the family was holed up Friday inside the Jackson family's Encino compound, including his three children, according to the person, who described them as doing looking "pretty good."

"I don't think it's fully set in yet," the person said.

No family members were present in the mansion when Jackson died Thursday, the person close to the family said. In the 911 call released by fire officials Friday, an unidentified caller tells a dispatcher that Jackson's doctor is performing CPR.

Asked by the dispatcher whether anyone saw what happened, the caller answers: "No, just the doctor, sir. The doctor has been the only one there."

Coroner's officials said they released Jackson's body to his family late Friday night. The family is still trying to determine what kind of memorial to have for Jackson and when, and are debating between the idea of having a private ceremony or a grand celebration open to the public, the person close to the family said.

Jackson appeared to have suffered a heart attack, another person with knowledge of the situation who was not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity told the AP on Friday. A heart attack is a blocking of the arteries that deprives the heart of adequate blood and can cause cardiac arrest.

Jackson's brother Jermaine said Thursday that it was believed the pop singer went into cardiac arrest, an interruption of the normal heartbeat that can be caused by factors other than heart attack.

The Los Angeles County coroner's office, which completed its autopsy Friday, said there were no signs of foul play or trauma, but determining the cause of death will require further tests that will take six to eight weeks.

Phillips said AEG Live held multiple insurance policies covering cancellation of the shows, and that some time in February Jackson submitted to several hours of physicals that the insurance underwriter insisted upon, and that Jackson passed them all.

"We had pretty good coverage, but a lot of it is going to depend on the toxicology results," he said. "We need to know what the cause of death was."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529245,00.html

Programming note:   Greta will be live tonight & Geraldo will have coverage on Foxnews cable

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »

I heard that too, but if that isn't in a will, I don't see that ever happening. Maybe if grandma gets the kids, the nanny will stay on to help, that would make sense. But sense isn't going to be part of this, Debbie will be in the mix. 

yes...Mrs. Jackson and the nanny will be a good choice I think..
and yes...Debbie will be there with her hand out...she should never get those kids...she didn't want them to begin with..they were $$ only to her jmo.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »

FOXNEWS CABLE BREAKING:   Moving vans are at the rented mansion (I see on 3 on video) - Janet Jackson has also arrived to MJ's rented mansion.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2009, 02:05:22 PM »

Tito: 'Jackson Family Meeting Underway'
Posted Jun 27th 2009 1:05PM by TMZ Staff
http://www.tmz.com/
We've just spoken to Tito Jackson who tells us the Jackson family is currently together and discussing funeral arrangements for Michael.

Tito says the family is spending quality time together today and discussing plans about Michael's funeral. He tells us MJ's kids are in "good spirits."

We asked if there were plans for a public memorial, in addition to the private service -- Tito said that option was being discussed now.

Amazon and Barnes & Nobles sales are still skyrocketing with MJ music, DVD's and books.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2009, 02:08:07 PM »

FOXNEWS CABLE BREAKING:   Moving vans are at the rented mansion (I see on 3 on video) - Janet Jackson has also arrived to MJ's rented mansion.

that sure didn't take long!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »

that sure didn't take long!

Well, with the key word being rented & the fact that this promotion company made these arrangements I would imagine his family (any family) would protect his personal belongings with consideration of what some would think to sell if they got their money grubbing hands on them.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2009, 03:08:50 PM »

Breaking news:  Family is requesting a second autopsy.  They do not think they have gotten all the answers, and they want to know exactly who was in the house as well as the role AEG played.   Keep in mind the family tried an intervention in Las Vegas a few weeks back & at other times to get MJ proper help for his prescription drug addiction.

This is what is the latest on TMZ:

Second Autopsy for Michael Jackson
Posted Jun 27th 2009 2:47PM by TMZ Staff

A source close to the family of Michael Jackson tells TMZ the family has requested a second autopsy -- and it is currently underway somewhere in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County Coroner conducted an autopsy on Friday and while he said there was "no indication of foul play," the official cause of death could not be determined.

Story developing ...

TMZ spoke with one of Murray's lawyers who told us Dr. Murray will meet with the LAPD today at 4:00 PM. Murray's lawyer, Matt Alford, says Murray is NOT considered by cops to be a suspect, and at this point it is not a criminal investigation.

Alford tells us cops want Dr. Murray to help piece together a timeline of the day's events.

TIME Mag Rushes Out Jackson Issue
Posted Jun 27th 2009 1:45PM by TMZ Staff

Here is your first look at the cover of the Michael Jackson commemorative issue of TIME magazine being rushed to newsstands Monday morning.

http://www.tmz.com/

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »

Second autopsy would be the smart thing to do, and whoever is doing the second autopsy isn't going to be truthful anyway to the public I'm sure. Spin, spin and more spin.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »

I cannot comprehend that acknowledging any self-motivating contribution that Michael Jackson has made to society when you stop and consider the child victim of a pedophile.

A young man who began attending our church in his teens ... is forced to live the rest of his life with the devastating emotional effects of sexual abuse that occurred at the hand of a trusted family friend.  The nightmare is ongoing and negatively affects every aspect of his life in regards to trusting relationships.

At the time of the Michael Jackson trial ... when it was revealed that 24 million had already been paid out in out-of-court settlements to past child accusers ... when it was revealed on American television from Michael Jackson's own lips while holding the hand of his accuser that he felt it was beautiful to share his bed with children that were not his own ... this young member of our congregation ... angerly threw out every Michael Jackson album he had accumulated and ... so did his circle of friend who empathized.  They all made a pledge ... in the name of child sexually abuse ... they would never again listen to Michael Jackson's music.

IMO

Sincerely, Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2009, 05:02:32 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.