March 28, 2024, 03:53:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erica Bradley, 17, Missing 11/2006 Allendale SC (Derek Maner arrested)  (Read 27726 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

I agree pdh3 and I search often for new information about Erica. Still have to think it was the boyfriend........but it must be so hard for her parents. Crying or Very sad

It's always tough to try to get past that "last one seen with her". 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »

Bradley Family Gets Guilty Verdict, Wants Body To Bury

An Allendale man may spend the rest of his life in jail for the murder of 17-year-old Ericka Bradley. Thursday night, a jury found 20-year-old Dereck Maner guilty of her death.
WJBF News Channel 6’s Joy Howe spoke with Bradley’s family, Friday, who says, still, with no body to bury, the verdict is bittersweet.

Published: February 13, 2009

Allendale, SC—It ends where it all started…

17-year-old Ericka Bradley left work, in November of 2006. Witnesses say she ended up in front of the courthouse, in an argument with her boyfriend, and son’s father, Dereck Maner.

It was the last time she was seen alive.

Jackie Bradley, Ericka Bradley’s Mother: “Very good Mom, very independent too.“

The entire town turned out to help look, but her body was never found.

Annie Wright, Bradley’s Grandmother: “I don’t think there was a person in Allendale who wasn’t concerned about this case and what happened to Ericka.”

Cherry Jones, Allendale, SC: “It’s been the biggest talk in Allendale, and it’s been going on a long time.“

Maner was named as a suspect, and this week, put on trial for murder. Thursday night, he was found guilty.

J. Bradley: “It lifted a big burden off me, I know that much and I’m glad the judge did what he did, because he deserved it, because he didn’t have to do what he did.“

Jones: “But I think the worst part about it, both sides lost a family member.“

Now, the family’s attention will turn away from the past two years, towards the couple’s son Ty, now 2 year’s old.

Wright: “One day, I don’t know how we’re going to sit down and tell him, because I’m sure he’s going to sit down and ask questions about his mother. One day, and I pray that when we get to that point, it won’t be a rough time for him.“

Jones: “He lost his mother, and father. Which one? He isn’t going to know either one of them now.“

The Thanksgiving after Ericka disappeared, her family left a place at the table for her. This year, they plan to let Ty fill in.

J. Bradley: “At least he can take her spot at the table. I’ll be able to raise him, and take care of him like she would want me to do.“

Bradley says she is now sharing custody of Ty with Dereck Maner’s parents. They go back to court next month; Bradley is asking for full custody.

It is not over yet for the Bradley family. Johnathan Capps is accused of helping Derek Maner cover the crime, and is charged with accessory after the fact. He will go to trial as well, but that date has not been set yet.

The Allendale Sheriff tells this is the first time in Allendale County a guilty verdict has been reached without a body being found. It’s believed to only be the second time this has happened in South Carolina’s history.

We were unable to reach anyone in the Maner family for comment.

http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state_regional/south_carolina/article/bradley_family_gets_guilty_verdict_wants_body_to_bury/10974/
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:44:32 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:05 PM »

I had followed this case early on. Knew the boyfriend was guilty......now I hope he gives the family Erica's body so they may give her a proper resting place.

Thanks for the  update Nut44x4.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 08:08:30 AM »

I doubt he ever will bb -- there is no bargaining chip...he will never concede guilt.......
At the link below you will find a ton of links for articles that followed the story...

Comments at the link (I SWEAR I AM NOT the poster named felicia, lol...but I LIKE HER!! LMAO!)
http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/39529252.html

Derek Maner convicted of murder, sentenced to life in prison 
Posted: 8:13 PM Feb 12, 2009

ALLENDALE, S.C. --- News 12 has learned a jury convicted Derek Maner of murder. They say he killed his girl friend and mother of his child Ericka Bradley in November 2006.

People in the courtroom tell us after Maner was convicted he apologized to the family for their loss, but said over and over that he didn't do it.

Maner was sentenced to life in prison.

Ericka's body has never been found.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:17:20 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 07:54:33 PM »

Just bumping this up....I wish she could come home.......
  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »

Just bumping this up....I wish she could come home.......
  an angelic monkey

ITA, Nut.    an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.