March 28, 2024, 02:47:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AHATA/ATA Items and the MERRYWEATHER connection  (Read 134761 times)
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2009, 03:07:18 PM »

Posts take from RU... http://www.refugeesunleashed.net/post-798645.html

Re: anthony/AHATA!

iquitos wrote:
http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/ReferencesView.aspx?PersonID=785377505

Published on: 4/11/2005 Last Visited: 6/12/2005

http://www.ahata.travel/ahata/manageArticle.do?dispatch=view&id=169

New member - We are delighted to announce that Antonio Carlo -Advocaten Kantoor mr. AADA Carlo N.V. - has joined AHATA. We are confident he will find significant value in networking with all our other members.

A fledgling member of AHATA - what a surprise.

Maybe he was on the Visibility Patrol Committee?    "Our Pat"

minitess Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 am   

resigned wrote:

I just found it - we cross-posted. 

Isn't the long sleeve pic from Joran comes home day?

I wonder when the other photo is from?

----

I think the other photo was from the Paulus comes home day.   

minitess Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:33 am   
Re: anthony/AHATA!

resigned wrote:

A fledgling member of AHATA - what a surprise.

Maybe he was on the Visibility Patrol Committee? 

Strategic Communications Task Force

Ministry of Transportation AND TOURISM

The Strategic Communications Task Force is a working group established in Aruba to address the issues surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Task Force includes representatives from AHATA (Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association), ATA (Aruba Tourism Authority), business and government leaders. The Task Force continues to support the Holloway/Twitty families and will continue to offer support in their search for Natalee Holloway

What we do

The Strategic Communications Task Force’s goal is to stay abreast of all developments in the Natalee Holloway disappearance, verify if information given is truthful and bring forward the correct facts when necessary. The Task Force also aims to inform the public and media whenever there is information that can be shared and monitor media coverage both locally and internationally in an effort to prevent and minimize any damage to the economic well being of Aruba. The Task Force believes that it is very important to keep the community at large well informed of the latest developments. http://www.aruba.com/nholloway/taskforce.htm

Jorge Pesquera, The President of the Aruban Hotel and Tourism Association (AHATA) put this Task Force together – with member selection help and input from Joran’s attorney Antonio Carlo, and Mark Purcell’s wife Marlene.

------------

Does everybody get it yet?

Oh - and lookie who else was a member. The jackass that put together the protest against Beth, causing her to apologize for calling 2K criminals:

Additional members
Greg Peterson Aruba Trade & Industry Association
Olindo Koolman Former Governor of Aruba
Alfonso Riverol Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association
Andy Osbourne Aruba Timeshare Association
Jan van Nes Aruba Timeshare Association
Bill Carson Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association
Erik Brete Liaison to the office of the Prime Minister
Henry Baarh Minister Plenipotentiary Washington
John Merryweather Former Government Official Tamara Waldron Ministry of Tourism and Transportation
Ruben Trappenberg Aruba Airport Authority

-------------

Seriously, are there still people who don't get it? Who don't see that the misinformation was purposeful, and immediate? That included Julia Renfro's bestest buddy Mark Purcell and his wife? And Joran's very own attorney?

Are there people who really still don't believe that Pesquera admitted to Beth that a coverup took place?

The proof of the misinformation is right there in black and white.   

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2009, 10:33:47 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Looks like everything that I found last night You all have already found and posted today..lol

I did find this one pdf file that has mention of Merryweather on pg 7..but that's all for now...

http://www.arubahuis.nl/documents/noticiero/2005december.pdf

snip

http://www.arubahuis.nl/documents/noticiero/2005december.pdf

Page 16

New twist in Holloway case

In box:  Governor Bob Riley of Alabama Calls boycott against Aruba

The disappearance of the American teenage girl Natalee Holloway and the impact in the Aruban tourism industry has a new twist received when the governor of Alabama State - the state where Holloway comes - live on American broadcasters call for a boycott against Aruba is declared. Then sent Governor Riley requests to other governors to be call for boycott support.  He also approached the Ministry Foreign Affairs - State Department - with the request. D66 leader Boris Dittrich has Chamber for the ministers Ben Bot of Foreign And Alexander Pechtold of Kingdom.

Ministers indicated that they the call for boycott to Aruba regrettable and worrying the consequences for the Aruban economy. To their relief have those messages not yet reached that commercial organizations such as tour operators, support the boycott. Across the U.S. d'affaires in The Hague Bot expressed his great concern.  On that occasion, the Minister stressed 'that the Kingdom sympathetic to the emotions around the horrific case of Natalee Holloway, but that Aruba and Netherlands commitment laws for this case to a solution to '. Bot has underlined that the prosecutor and the judiciary in Aruba independent functioning and Aruba remains a safe destination for tourists from the United States.

In the Empire of Ministers is talked about the call Governor Bob Riley of the State Alabama not to travel to Aruba. It was agreed that Minister of Foreign Affairs Ben Bot (CDA) will contact us his U.S. counterpart Condoleezza Rice.Het U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs with a statement, indicating that Governor would not whistle, but the call is not supported. "We respect the law of the elected representative with a call such a boycott it.  His statement reflects, however, not the vision of the United States. There is no boycott or travel restrictions for residents of the United States to Aruba to travel, 'said the statement.

American members of Congress support the boycott against Aruba not. This message brought a delegation of the Congress Tuesday personally to Prime Minister Nelson Oduber. Premier Oduber, the U.S. delegation to the Renaissance hotel. During the interview he Senator Hyde told that the call from the mother of Natalee Hollway, the governor of Alabama Bob Riley and TV man Dr. Phil to Aruba to boycott the delegation is regarded as a call of some individuals, no broad political support. Hyde said that the U.S. commitment a strategic relationship with Aruba and the relationship well so far.

Meanwhile Governor has Mike Huckabee of the U.S. Arkansas State is connected the boycott against Aruba. The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) is furious about the latest boycott call especially those of certain representatives.  The CTO sent a letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, which the organization's concerns consider the call for boycott by elected representatives, as the governor of Alabama. "You can imagine Arubans feel that is prosecuted if a call is made to the boycott of their country, while at American States, where many more people are missing, never a call for boycott is done, "writes Vincent Vander Pool-Wallace, Secretary-General of the CTO.  Vander Pool Wallace stressed that Aruba one of the success stories of the region, especially given the democratic basis and the self-oriented economic development. "There is nobody throughout this region who believe that an official in Aruba or in any other Caribbean country a criminal will protect and make the whole national economy in the game will continued."

Also disturbing is the CTO to the ongoing calls in the media to boycott. That they often the term 'Caribbean Cover Up' is disturbing the organization in particular. The organization writes furious to be about the boycott calls, especially of Representatives.  "We are convinced that way Board of your hand to these individuals and officials will help prevent further worrying developments, as ends the letter.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

Lots of pictures of the "zoo" here:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/8791/12/

Papiamentu translation:

mini dierentuin was the centro of atraccion at alto vista on day of la queen

friday, 01 may 2009 - 00:00

during several month of anja, phil's pet collection, as cu we can owing to see on the donation box write at entrance of alto vista 116, is wordo good visit, for so throw one view of the coleccion of animalnan cu have live eynan. in the caso here on day of la queen. click read more for more info... bestianan as zebra, bull, macaco, various type of wacamaya, lama, provided that end, all clase of beast. children is stay feliz y contento of see so tanto beast y even can tell cu can touch cu they, because they're very tame self. not only can see the bestianan, but is one ocasion caminda famianan all is reuni, for so happen one rato together, at one as sweet in the district sweet of alto vista. gradicimento is bay at family merryweather kendenan is open they hogar for people all can disfruta of the animalnan cu they have in they coleccion. we will, the trip stay pendiente for one proximo visit. come across

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2009, 03:27:20 AM »

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

7/1/2009 Aruba Today Page 6

I think that could be Philip in the cap (pic with Valentijn); Herbie's in the bottom picture.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2009, 03:38:26 AM »

I should have said in the "white" cap!   

http://www.arubatoday.com/index.php?option=com_flippingbook&book_id=3

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »

Now I'm really not sure!   

http://www.clickonaruba.com/gallery/albums/2009/June09/ChinoL24/ChinoL%20%28103%29.jpg

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2009, 07:11:05 PM »

http://www.allatsea.net/specificissueeditorial.php?featureid=2295

Curacao's 43rd Intl Blue Marlin Release Tournament
More Editorial by Els Kroon
June 2009 Issue

The Prime Minister of the Netherlands Antilles, Emily de Jongh-Elhage, came to the Curaçao Yacht Club on April 6 to honor the winners of the 43rd Luhrs International Blue Marlin Release Tournament organized by the Curaçao Yacht Club’s Executive Committee members Charles Heldewier and Billy Jonckheer.

An absolute record of 47 boats participated in the venerable tag & release tournament with participants from the USA, Venezuela, Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao. All three of the ABC islands had a lucky team on the victory platform--by coincidence, in alphabetical order! Team Driftwood from Aruba took the $10,000 first prize with the catch and release of two Blue Marlin. Le Grand Blue from Bonaire released one big blue and Hey Chama from Curaçao again was among the winners with a smaller Blue Marlin.

Winners of the prizes for best angler, best captain, first releases, surprise catches and the largest Dorado, Wahoo, White Marlin, Sailfish and Tuna can be viewed on the website, www.curacaoyachtclub.com.

New this year was the participation of eight "Junior Anglers" in the big fleet, mostly on their parents’ boats. Fatum Insurances, sponsor of the annual kids’ fishing tournament on the pier, during which 11 youngsters also tried to catch and release the biggest fish, gave the teens between 14 and 17 the opportunity to move up the fishing ladder. It was a big success—winner Jens van der Lubbe, on the Just Us from Curacao, also ended at fourth place in the main event.

Club members of all ages love sport fishing and intensely celebrated this 43rd edition of the tournament from April 3 through 6. Fishing was conducted according to international IGFA “Tag & Release” regulations in the waters around Curaçao and the uninhabited island of Klein (little) Curaçao.

The major prize in the Curaçao Yacht Club 803 Challenge, a brand new Chevrolet Captiva LTZ, is still unclaimed. Next year the challenge will be repeated for the first participant to weigh in a Blue Marlin that beats the then 25-year record of 803 pounds set by fishing legend Robert van Vliet.

The proceeds of the tournament traditionally go to a good cause, this year the youth home "Kinderoorden Brakkeput." A cordial thanks to Eddie de Kort, captain of the Grand Banks Carib Princess for taking me out to sea in the middle of the action.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »

www.pagegangster.com/p/VF80Y/62/

Four Generations in Carnaval
 Text by Denise Lee
Photography by Steve Keith

Carnaval season in Aruba brings the whole family out into the streets to celebrate.  Perhaps one or two members of a family—mother/daughter and sister/sister combos are common— will participate in parades while their loved ones cheer them on from the sidelines. But the passion for Carnaval burns so intensely in some Aruban families that several generations of the same family participate together in parades. Oncha Arends—endearingly known as Mama Oncha—her daughter, her three grandchildren, and most recently, her
great-granddaughter represent one such multigenerational Carnaval family who will be seen in the
streets this year. 

The family’s strong connection to Carnaval dates back to the 1940s, when Mama Oncha’s mother, Veneranda Arends, was a member of Oranjestad’s now-defunct Tivoli Club, one of Aruba’s oldest social clubs. In 1942, Tivoli began throwing costume parties like the ones already being celebrated since the 1930s in the social clubs of San Nicolas, the birthplace of Carnaval. When the end of World War II was announced in 1945, all the clubs took their gatherings to the streets to celebrate and parade with steel pans. Finally, in 1953, all of the festivities were organized by a central committee to form Aruba’s first official Carnaval celebration. 

Mama Oncha fondly recalls embroidering her own Carnaval costumes as a little girl and teenager.  She remembers the hours of hand-sewing—not gluing, she is quick to point out—colorful sequins to the costume fabric. She even won a few Carnaval titles: Miss Tivoli, Miss Congeniality, and Mrs. Tivoli. And of course, she introduced her daughter, Lienchi Merryweather, to Carnaval.

Lienchi was ten years old when the Tivoli Club started the Torch Parade—the parade that kicks off
the Carnaval season—and she helped organize this parade when she was old enough. Throughout the
years, Lienchi also earned her fair share of titles:  Tivoli Children’s Queen, Tivoli Queen, and the
runner-up for the Carnaval Queen title in 1978.

Although Lienchi’s Carnaval career began just about as soon as she could walk, Lienchi’s commitment to Carnaval increased tenfold when she agreed—along with Joselin Baroso-Croes—to take over the organization of a group initially founded by three women of the Tivoli Club. In 1999, this newly reorganized group—which welcomed anyone who wanted to join—made its first appearance in Carnaval with the presentation of its “Viva Las Vegas” theme. Because the members of this group preferred to drink champagne along the parade route, they named themselves Champagne in 2000.

It comes as no surprise that all three of Lienchi’s children have followed in the footsteps of their mother, aunts (Lienchi’s sisters, who are also part of Champagne), grandmother, and greatgrandmother.
Melony, the oldest of the three, has been in Carnaval since she was literally a baby.  In 1992, she represented Oranjestad as Aruba’s Children’s Queen; in 2001, she was named the Youth Champagne Queen and was the runner-up for the Youth Carnaval Queen title. Misha, Melony’s younger sister, wasn’t always so keen on Carnaval. Although she enjoyed decorating the parade floats as a young girl, Misha shied away from dressing up and participating in the parades.  However, for lack of a babysitter, Misha was obligated to join Carnaval parades with the rest of her family. When Misha became a teenager—and finally abandoned the tomboy stage—she shocked everyone when she was chosen the Carnaval Queen of Juliana School. Ever since, she has been a Champagne Carnavalista like her mother and sister. Twelve-year-old Matthew Merryweather is also Carnaval royalty: Representing Champagne, he became the Prince of Carnaval one year. This year, he is opting to help deliver ice and water to the members of Champagne as they dance through the streets during Carnaval.

At 76 years old, Mama Oncha has not outgrown Carnaval; in fact, her passion for street celebrations only gets stronger each year. This year, she plans to ride along in a moving bar that serves champagne to the group’s members. Champagne’s presence in the various parades of Carnaval would be incomplete without Oncha, for she plays such an integral role within the group. Oncha’s house serves as Carnaval headquarters, with 800 to 1000 people—possibly more—going in and out of her house each year for carnaval. From 4 PM to 9 PM every night just before Carnaval begins, Mama Oncha’s house is simply chaos. Even though she complains to Lienchi now and then about the constant flux of visitors, Oncha wouldn’t have it any other way. Carnaval is in her blood, after all, and she is Champagne’s mama.

Oncha’s great-granddaughter, now one year old, will represent the family’s fourth generation participating in Carnaval this year. A strong sense of Carnaval pride undoubtedly runs deep in Mama Oncha’s family,
and it seems as though this pride will not diminish anytime soon.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »

Ladies in the pictures from Joran's coming home party.  Anybody else think there might at least be a resemblance here?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3697.msg547854#msg547854

(vms pics)

More things that made me go hmmm. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2886.200

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »

Last but not least!   

Did Kyle or anyone else ever tell us WHERE John Silvetti was during the Dateline tapings?  I've been looking at the picture of the guy in the red shirt and others that we haven't positively identified in the footage.

I know some were convinced that the guy in the red shirt was John, Kyle said no.

Maybe I've just been looking at them too long, but I think there may be a possibility here:

(Blonde's pic)

First from left in first picture = fourth from left in second picture.
Second from left in first picture = first from left in second picture. (Man in the red shirt)

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22herbie+merryweather%22&d=76320768660845&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=eb1379a2,75e5a38e

A View from the Saddle

Text by Tina Causey-Escobedo
Photography by Steve Keith and Rona Coster

Aruba's long history with the horse

In profiling the best of the island, one of Aruba's advertising campaigns of a few years back portrayed a woman in a flowing white dress sitting astride a horse, galloping along the beach, with the California Lighthouse in the background, set off by a sky decorated with the flamboyant streaks of red and orange produced by the setting sun. It was an image that helped promote the island for its picturesque beauty and its romantic charm, and which helped reinforce the desire of more than one visitor of the island to pursue a ride along the beach—in, hopefully, slightly more appropriate attire than a dress—as one of their vacation highlights. But the role played by Aruba's horse is greater than fulfilling the occasional trail ride. It was once an integral part of the island's economy and today functions as a piece of the social fabric linking together the many horsey folk of Aruba.

It was the Spanish who first introduced the horse to Aruba, utilizing their claim of the small island as a rather large horse ranch. By the time the Dutch came into possession of the island in 1636, Aruba continued to be used as a trading post for horses. The harbor area of what is still known as Paardenbaai (Bay of Horses) was where horses were either unceremoniously dropped from the boats or hoisted aboard via pulleys.

Over the course of the island's history, a number of breeds have been introduced including, in more recent times, the thoroughbred racehorse and quarterhorse hunter/jumper, but the horse that is most valued in Aruba today is, without a doubt, the Paso Fino. The Paso Fino, also known as the Colombian “Criollo” horse, is one of the oldest native breeds in the Americas, a descendent of those first horses brought by the Spanish. The Barb, Andalusian, and Spanish Jennet horses, used by the Conquistadors, were interbred, resulting in a naturally gaited horse known as the Paso Fino for its “fine step,’’ and loved for its aesthetics as much as for its smooth ride.

“When it comes to horses, Aruba is more culturally aligned with Latin America,” explains Kenneth Faustin, owner of Rancho del Campo, about Aruba's propensity to favor the Paso Fino. “Most of us were raised on Mexican [western] movies, listened to Mariachi groups, and there is that image imprinted in our minds of Simon Bolivar, always as a man on his horse. The highly social atmosphere that surrounds any horse event in Colombia or Venezuela is also the type of celebration we enjoy.’’
With a number of “ranchos” found throughout the island, an often-planned occurrence is the “cabalgata,” in which horses will be trailed in from other ranches in order for everyone to get together in a procession of horses through the city streets. After a number of rest stops, the parade of horses and riders makes its way back to the host ranch, where additional friends and family join up for a BBQ or simply a lazy day of drinks and animated conversation.

More formal events include a regular round of horse shows, with the organization of local competitions and participation in regional and international events. Male “jinete” and female “amazona” riders compete in confirmation and performance classes dressed in traditional hat and, for men, the oversized cow skin “zamarros” chaps. Confirmation classes are classified according to age, gender, and type of horse of which the highlight is always the Paso Fino category. Its four beat lateral gait (with each hoof hitting in succession, left rear, left fore, right rear, right fore) is differentiated from the Trocha, which also has a four beat rhythm except done in a diagonal sequence, but with each type having the similar affect of being able to mesmerize spectators with its poetry of motion.

Smaller than its northern cousins, at between 13.5 and 15 hands, Paso Fino and Trocha, as well as Aruba's other gaited breeds such as Trote y Galope, Troton, and Paseo, are well-formed, powerful horses that are almost dainty in their precise movements. Its rapid, high-stepping collected stride is appreciated both visually and audibly with horses and riders required to pass over the wooden “pista” plank.
Although total seriousness is taken in the actual judging of the event, with certified judges from Colombia often brought to Aruba for its local competitions, the highly social attitude is ever present; competitions often run late into the evening as spectators enjoy the festive atmosphere as much as the actual exhibition of horses. However, this is not to say Aruba has not earned its reputation among its equestrian peers of the region. Some of the finest bloodlines in the world, from such notable horses as Amadeus, Resorte 4, Cappuccino, Capitan, and Profeta, can be found in Aruba, with horses worth tens of thousands of dollars and upwards owned and bred by local horsemen including Herbie Merryweather and Alex Mansur.

The accomplishments of such trailblazers as Luis “Lucho” Claro, owner of Rancho La Ponderosa, who not only helped found the Aruba Horsemen's Association, Organizacion Caballista Arubano (OCA), but is also known for identifying and training Casanova, Aruba's first grand champion to gain international recognition, has helped gain the island a reputation on the Paso Fino show circuit. It is a reputation that continues to grow with the achievements of young riders such as Chayon Kock, who at five-years old won Aruba its first gold medal in international competition during a recent show in Puerto Rico. His father Anthony proudly classifies his son's win as an exhibition of something great that a small island such as Aruba can accomplish.

Whether for competition or pleasure, Aruba's horse is admired for its beauty and appreciated for the sense of freedom it can deliver in the symbiotic flow of motion of horse and rider. With centuries of history on the island, the horse continues to maintain a cherished spot within the Aruban imagination.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2009, 01:23:41 PM »

http://www.flanegin.com/ams/thumbnails.php?album=12

Photoshooting Accessories by Moth Silver Shop @ Criadero Alto Vista

This is one of the 56 pictures at this link:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »

http://www.xtal.info/merryweather/data/mer2688.html

Notes for John William Merryweather:
Name: John William Merryweather   
Born: May 30, 1932 pos, Aruba 

Auther A pictorial résumé of natural, historical and cultural monuments
of Aruba / by John W. Merryweather. - Aruba : De Wit Stores, 1972. - 56
p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Merryweather's in Aruba 2004
MERRYWEATHER DEBORAH LYNN HUBADASTRAAT 26
MERRYWEATHER ELIZABETH MARIE BYRONSTRAAT 9
MERRYWEATHER EVELINE CLOTHILDE ADRIAAN LACLE BLVD. 6
MERRYWEATHER HERBERT SYDNEY ALTO VISTA 116
MERRYWEATHER JOHN WILLIAM BUBALI 113-C
MERRYWEATHER-DE LANNOY FRANCINE MARIE JEANETTE ALTO VISTA 116
During WWII, John Merryweather was sent to an expensive boarding school
in Jamaica. In 1986 John Merryweather was nominated as a minister to
represent Aruba in Holland. He was responsible for the students of Aruba
living in Holland, and he was the contact person for all the economic
affairs. for 3 1/2 years John Merryweather was director of the national
Fund Sports for handicapped people. John Merryweather received twice the
"Order van Oranje" (A recognition by Queen Beatrix for being an
outstanding citizen.)
John Merryweather was married to Oncha Arends and got 4 daughters and one
son (Herbert My dad) and got divorced shortly after there last one was
born.
After the divorce John Merryweather (My grand father). got married with a
john girl named Stella and got 1 son called Mickeljohn. in Aruba there is
only 5 real Merryweather,s and all have a lot of things in common. there
is Sidney Merryweather which is my cousin son of one of the daughters of
John in his 1st marage. Herbert (my dad) and Herbert (my brother) and I
(Philip).
Source=Philip Conrad Merryweather
----------------------------------------------------
http://uploads.geni.com/people/Maria-Veneranda-Arends-Lacle-/6000000000038745340

Maria Veneranda Arends (Lacle) (1901 - d.)
Place of Burial: Oranjestad, Aruba
Birthdate: November 14, 1901 
Birthplace: Oranjestad, Aruba
Death: Died in Oranjestad, Aruba 
Immediate Family:
 Daughter of Adriaan and Maria Leoncita (Leonsa) Lacle
Wife of Federico (Machi)
Mother of Federico Maximiliano (Max) Arends, Clara Anunsiacion (Clarita) Arends, Hubert F. Arends, and Maria Leoncita (Oncha) Arends
Sister of Adriaan , Casper, Maria Monica Arends (Lacle), Mario, Maria, Maria del Carmen Martinez, Anna Leoncita Arends, Maria Elisabeth, Maria Leoncita "Onci" Arends, Casper Adriaan, Adriaan, Juan Bautista Adriaan, Jesucita, Rita Maria Gorgina, and Leocito Adriaan Ceasar
Half sister of Suitberta

http://www.geni.com/people/Maria-Leoncita-Oncha-Arends/6000000000038995032

Maria Leoncita (Oncha) Arends
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Federico (Machi) and Maria Veneranda Arends (Lacle)
Wife of John
Mother of Maria, Debbie, Lienchie, and elizabeth
Sister of Federico Maximiliano (Max) Arends, Clara Anunsiacion (Clarita) Arends, and Hubert F. Arend

http://uploads.geni.com/people/Lienchie-Merryweather/6000000000113106414

Lienchie Merryweather
Immediate Family:
Daughter of John and Maria Leoncita (Oncha) Arends
Mother of Michelle and Melony
Sister of Maria, Debbie, and elizabeth

Added by: Eddie on 5/9/08 

http://uploads.geni.com/people/elizabeth-M-Mansur/6000000000113161204

elizabeth M Mansur
Immediate Family:
Wife of Ruben D Mansur Jr
Mother of Terrick and Naira
Sister of Maria, Debbie, and Lienchie

http://uploads.geni.com/people/Debbie-Merryweather/6000000000113227049

Debbie Merryweather
Immediate Family:
Mother of Casandra
Sister of Maria, Lienchie, and elizabeth

http://uploads.geni.com/people/Maria-Ras/6000000000113243003

Maria Veneranda Ras
Immediate Family:
Wife of Wilfred
Mother of William Sidney Merryweather
Sister of Debbie, Lienchie, and elizabeth

http://www.arubachamber.com/registry/registry_result.afp?KeyValue=34025

HERBERT MERRYWEATHER 

Business address ALTO VISTA 116, NOORD 
Legal form  SOLE OWNERSHIP 
Name of the company  HERBERT MERRYWEATHER 
Date of commencement  4 FEBRUARY 2005 

NOT IN POSSESION OF A BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT LICENCE 

OWNERS/PARTNERS 

MERRYWEATHER, HERBERT SYDNEY; 
Residing in  ALTO VISTA 116, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  CANADA, MONTREAL on 6 DECEMBER 1954 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  OWNER 
Effective  4 FEBRUARY 2005 
Authority  FULL 

OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COMPANY 

HET VERZORGEN VAN PAARDEN VOOR HOBBY. 

Only valid if accordingly signed by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry Aruba - J.E. Irausquin Blvd.10, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Is Herbert the son of Oncha, and brother of Lienchi, Debbie, Maria, and Elizabeth?

Maybe there is something Philip Conrad Merryweather left out, or didn't know?

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »

Texasmom,

This is a bit off the wall, but I've wondered a few times if "red shirt" turned out not to be Silvetti....if it could be van der Straaten.  The only recent picture I'd found of him, he was soaking wet, but for a while I was looking for a pic of v.d.straaten in a ball cap just to compare...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2009, 05:58:36 PM »

Thanks Lifesong, good to see you!   

Here's a few pictures that I have saved.   

(far left in this pic)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2009, 06:11:33 PM »

http://www.flanegin.com/ams/thumbnails.php?album=12

Photoshooting Accessories by Moth Silver Shop @ Criadero Alto Vista

This is one of the 56 pictures at this link:

Interesting timing on that site being taken down!   

Maybe it's just coincidence...and temporary!   Monkey Devil!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »

I don't think the man in the red shirt is VanderStraaten....I am also not convinced it is John Silvetti.  JMO.  Subject to change with further review. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:47:19 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2009, 12:39:32 AM »

I don't think the man in the red shirt is VanderStraaten....I am also not convinced it is John Silvetti.  JMO.  Subject to change with further review. 

I agree.  I'd still like to know where Silvetti was while that was all going on!  Was he off pouting somewhere because he was mad? 

When I was looking for the pictures of Vanderstraaten in my photobucket, I came across a picture of a man at a Mason's BBQ that I saved pictures of...thought it kinda looked like him too.

I've decided that I've looked at the pictures too much...I'm giving it a rest for a while and then I'll try again.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »

snip
My grandfather John W. Merryweather was born May 25, 1932, in Aruba. his
father Herbert S. Merryweather was born in Liverpool, England. he came to
Aruba after surviving WWI and in WWII came to Aruba to work as an
administration for a Mexican petroleum company

http://www.xtal.info/merryweather/data/mer2177.html

-------------
JOHN MERRYWEATHER

Notes for John William Merryweather:
Name: John William Merryweather   
Born: May 30, 1932 pos, Aruba 
In 1986 John Merryweather was nominated as a minister to
represent Aruba in Holland. He was responsible for the students of Aruba
living in Holland, and he was the contact person for all the economic
affairs.
for 3 1/2 years John Merryweather was director of the national
Fund Sports for handicapped people. John Merryweather received twice the
"Order van Oranje" (A recognition by Queen Beatrix for being an
outstanding citizen.)
John Merryweather was married to Oncha Arends and got 4 daughters and one
son (Herbert My dad) and got divorced shortly after there last one was
born.
After the divorce John Merryweather (My grand father). got married with a
john girl named Stella and got 1 son called Mickeljohn. in Aruba there is
only 5 real Merryweather,s and all have a lot of things in common. there
is Sidney Merryweather which is my cousin son of one of the daughters of
John in his 1st marage. Herbert (my dad) and Herbert (my brother) and I
(Philip).
Source=Philip Conrad Merryweather

http://www.xtal.info/merryweather/data/mer2689.html

------------------
'Scarborough Country' for July 6
Guest: Randy Hammer, Stacey Honowitz, Tim Miller, Paul Reynolds, Linda

Allison, John Merryweather, Bernard Goldberg

snip
BLOME:  Well, they like to call this their slogan, one happy island. 

But this fabric of politeness is what being frayed here.

There was a rally scheduled for last night for justice.  But after Beth Holloway came on the air yesterday and was very direct in calling the Kalpoe brothers criminals who had been left to walk the island, well, this protest last night turned into something else.  It was a protest against the media, and also against the very sharp language that Beth Twitty had used yesterday

snip
One man who does understand it, though, is our next guest.  He is John Merryweather.  He's a former Aruban minister and was a participant in yesterday's protest. 

Mr. Merryweather, thank you so much for being with us tonight.  Tell us, why were you involved in that protest?  What do you think that Natalee's mother did wrong? 

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBA DIPLOMAT:  Well, first—no, no, first of all, I'd like to answer why I was at the—not protest.  It was a gathering in support of our justice system.  It was not a protest.  It never started out as a protest either.  I would like that to be very, very clear. 

When I was there, I hadn't heard what the comments of Natalee's mother either of the day.  I was asked that after I was there.  I went there.  I was not part of the organization, but I went there in support of our justice system.

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  What did she say that was wrong?  What did Natalee's mother say that was...

(CROSSTALK)

SCARBOROUGH:  No, what did Natalee's mother say that offended so many people in Aruba? 

MERRYWEATHER:  Well, you know, it—it—it offended me, also.  You cannot—these two boys, I don't know them.  I don't know the parents.  I don't know anyone involved in this personally. 

But our justice system, as yours in the states, you are innocent until proven guilty.  This system of ours, whether you agree with it or not, whether you understand it or not, allows these people to be free at this moment, but they are not free of charges.  They have not been exonerated from this case. 

They have not been found innocent.  They are witnesses.  And they can be called upon at any time

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8498049/

--------------------------

Today a letter was handed over at VNO destined for the Dutch Government
Bon Dia Aruba
11/04/2005

ORANJESTAD – During a meeting yesterday at Plaza Betico Croes, a group of about a hundred people got together to express their concern about the effect of the Natalee Holloway case on our island, in particular its tourism.

With the songs of Jossy Brokke, the prayers of father Eusebio Petronia and speeches from John Merryweather and Julie Renfro, last night tried to reflect the worry felt here.
snip

According to Merryweather, as much as they are concerned about the mother’s situation which they feel sad, it is not fair that she continues with her plan to discredit the whole island for something that is not the island’s fault.
And given was have happened lately, it’s time to get Holland involved to see if the US can understand that Aruba is doing everything possible and that they don’t deserve the treatment they are getting.

[translated by Getagrip]
Posted by Getagrip at 11/05/2005 12:45:00 AM
http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2005_10_30_archive.html

-------------------

7/5/05 - Protestors outside of the court house in Aruba organized by MERRYWEATHER, John who is good friends with Polis Commissioner Dompig.

MERRYWEATHER, John…. Aruban. 73 years old. Has lived on Aruba “a long time.” Admitted he is good friends with “the police commissioner” (DOMPIG), and he knows several high-ranking, more senior persons within the police department. On 7-5 he was the (or one of) leaders of the Aruban demonstration group of 50-100 persons held in front of the Court House. They held signs against the “unfair media coverage” that is portraying Aruba and its judicial system negatively. He also mentioned that the 7-5

morning press conference plea of BETH about the still-considered-as-suspects KALPOE’s was not appreciated

----------------------

CHILDREN

Children of John William Merryweather and Oncha Arends are
Herbert Sidney Merryweather, b. December 06, 1954
Maria Veneranda Merryweather, b. abt. 1954
http://www.xtal.info/merryweather/data/mer2689.html

----------
On July 12, 2005 identity “clevfan” of “Major Wager.com” reported:

Anyway, remember John Merryweather, evil incarnate and my mom’s cousin? He has a son, named Herbert (Herbie) Merryweather. Herbert is married and has a son, but I don’t know his name

-------------------

DRIFTWOOD RESTAURANT IS Ownened by Herbie Merryweather

___"Driftwood" (Deluxe)
Capt. Herby Merryweather
Length: 35 ft.
Tel (297) 587-7473 / (297) 583-2515
Full day: US $600 Included: soda and food
Half day: US $320 Included soda

------------------------

On July 12, 2005 identity “clevfan” of “Major Wager.com” reported:

Anyway, remember John Merryweather, evil incarnate and my mom’s cousin? He has a son, named Herbert (Herbie) Merryweather. Herbert is married and has a son, but I don’t know his name.

The mother of this son came to talk to my mom day before yesterday and it turns out that her son is a classmate of Joran’s.

So, got it, grandson Merryweather is Joran’s classmate. Turns out that that grandson and mom had a major clash with Joran some time before, because Joran accused grandson of killing Joran’s dog and throwing it in Moko Dam (place where TX ES also searched), however, the mother threatened to go the cops to make a complaint against Joran, and the Joran confessed to killing his own dog.****

I’m not kidding. Not even a little bit.

Also, the morning after NH disappeared [May 30, 2005], Joran came with a big bruise on his face and was sleeping in class and could only be woken up when he was pelted with (note?)books.

============

Note:  I can not vouch for the veracity of Clevfan

HT Grande:

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

4/16/2009 Awe Mainta Page 14

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

today family, amigo y conocirnan is take away maximiano jacobs at his ultimo lugar of sosiego max at one edad relativamente young cu his rumannan was activo on territory of ball. ela cuminsa in the team of r.c.a. in junior, after max owing to happen for tropical y owing to participa in campeonatonan of avb for several year. rivalnan was among another bubali, sca, jong aruba, y others. max was love futbol. together cu his primonan owing to arise the team inter prim cu was one team consistiendo of primonan cu hungadornan much conoci of the time ey as the jacobsnan, esta shon cai, toni, basilio, remigio, the temibel back central of all time esta ruben jacobs, also defunto ildo. max together cu ruben, his rumanan was form one defence impenetrable for her equipo contrario. inter prim was one great equipo cu caminda they was play the fanaticada was delight in of much good futbol. after the equipo owing to wordo aserca for sr. juan de freitas d.f.m of the colonia portuguese residencia at aruba for play campeonato below ; the number deportivo portuguese. the equipment owing to wordo invita for one faction at corsow of the temibel equipo of the time yonder esta deportivo portuguese corsow. musica also owing to form one great part of his life, max was one of the fundadornan of mariachi here at aruba, cu owing to form part of the mariachi thousand amores cu owing to wordo erect at 1957 for seferino”toy” tromp. max was one of the famous cantantenan of mariachi the time ey together cu toy tromp his uncle. max was canta majoria of the cancionan of tony aguilar cual was much popular the time ey y the was have one voz sublime cu was peace for mariachi. at anja 1960 mariachi thousand amores owing to companja miguel aceves mejia in strand hotel where cu max also owing to resona his voz y demostra his calidad because; cantante of mariachi. the time ey was have only 3 mariachi cu was mariachi thousand amores,mariachi pearl of aruba y mariachi santa cruz cu is the 3 mihor mariachinan cu aruba owing to jega of conose till now thanks at max for his contribucion for all thing ela let behind. “su cancion preferi was rose rosita”. steelband was his passion. max owing to toca together cu tanki flip steelband, after the self owing to erect his same are, cu was the young stars y after owing to become the young stars steel orquestra. at where cu max cu the young stars owing to make presentacion localmente y internacionalmente. they owing to visit among another colombia 8 trip, venezuela 1 trip, estados unidos 2 trip. at where cu ela visit together cu his are 6 estado americano, miami, washington dc, atlanta, montgomery, memphis y knoxville. here is at where max owing to succeed take away his children of steelband for open y close the world fair at 1982. senjor john merryweather was agent of toeristen bureau cu owing to make possible for her are make the viahe of promocion the time ey. max his steelband always owing to know of companja tivoli club for enough year in paradanan of carnaval. fuera cu the was one artist, deportista, max was one good father y welo cu owing to know of guia y happen his aptitude at his child y nietonan, already cu max is father y welo of the conocido cantenan, francis (yiu), john francis, francella y celiandra jacobs (nietonan) y the conosido esmeralda” tanchi esme” y omaira cruz (yiu). recientemente max owing to celebra 50 anja of happy life matrimonial together cu his senjora teresita jacobs dijkhoff. thanks max for let one herencia deportivo y artistico for we. max sosega at paz in braza of sir.

Papiamentu translation:

“maximiano jacobs” one thanks special at dr. van veen, dr. lacle, dr, kock, dr. posner,maritza albert for his sosten of always. verpleegster y broedernan of medium care, thanks a lot for her patience. also we wanted owing to gradici tinchi henriquez of photo indio, theo zievinger, gerencia y miembronan of bubali sport club, thomas dijkhoff, esther kock, john merryweather, juancito giel y all esnan cu of one or another as owing to comparti the dolor cu we. we is gradici also esnan cu owing to send flower, telegram jamadanan y mensajenan. magic fm, do you guia fm, canal 90, hit 94. bubali sport club, tommy de cuba, johnny tromp, ivan quandus,bito & the boys, milo krozendijk, freddy tromp, rudolf hieroms, vicky luidens, randall croes, for her beautiful presentacionnan dedica at max. at funeraria aurora for her good servicio,danki, you atencion was one great sosten for we. we wanted owing to invita all family,amigo y conocirnan for her next misanan: diahuebs 16 of april, 2009 for 7’or pm at catholic san fransisco at beach. diabierna 17 for 6:30 pm at catholic santa anna at north. saturday 18 for 7’or at catholic santa anna at north. after of ultimo catholic will reza one rosario at cas: tanki flip 20 owing to. you presencia is quite aprecia. at name of his madam teresita jacobs, dijkhoff y yiunan.

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_59749.php

Aruba

'Positive and decisive "

18 Jul, 2009, 13:27 (GMT -04:00)

Cherry Fresh MEP candidate John Francis Jacobs behind his desk at the Aruba Tourism Authority.

ORANGE CITY - "I am a leader." Fully self-confidence and enthusiasm John Francis Jacobs is credited to the policy. Jacobs, who works at the Aruba Tourism Authority (ATA), where he is mainly involved in promotion and marketing, is now on the kieslijst of MEP. With forty years experience as a musician and more than sixteen years in the toerismevak think Jacobs' many to contribute. His reputation in the community will help him in his campaign.

by Alex Laclé

"I wanted years ago on the kieslijst but that was not caused by personal circumstances. I was not ready. "Jacobs is already small to involved in politics. "Actually, now I have my whole life in politics. It started about 37 years ago with my father who was very active. He was not on the kieslijst but worked together with Casper Boekhoudt. When MEP began Betico Nel Oduber and Croes was my father involved. "As a small boy went Jacobs often with his father. He recalls a conversation with Nel. "I was about 15 years old and when I spoke with Nel Oduber that I like to wish list. He told me that I still had to wait, "Jacobs with a musing smile. With great certainty and with the approval of his parents, he wrote a while back, the party also Nelson Oduber, with the desire to be a politician on the list of MEP. Unfortunately the father of Francis died before the good news was that he was on the list in the yellow lot is accepted. Although he is very sorry that his father is not more to this face, Jacobs believes that his father from the Heavenly Kingdom 'proud of him looking down. "

90,000 friends
As expert in the field of tourism, Aruban history, nature and music would help Jacobs Aruban tourism and culture intertwined with each other. The campaign Jacobs therefore focuses mainly these points. "Many people talk about tourism, but nobody talks about culture, the people. We try to sell the island, but we have our culture, our people sell. "Jacobs has also contributed to the new ATA campaign'90 .000 with Friends You have not yet." Indeed, he is also one of the poster people. For example, in his role as musician shown in the official directory of ATA Aruba as one of the 90,000 friends. This campaign is very focused on people and culture. "I am one of the faces, one of the people of the island. Everybody knows me. I'm so popular. "

Because of his long music career, Jacobs development in the tourism country. "I got it yesterday and today tourism seen. I have five years have played in the Basiruti hotel and the Radisson when the network on the island. "Then he got the chance in addition to the music at the Aruba Tourism Authority to work, Jacobs seized the opportunity with both hands on. "They swung the door open for me and I jumped inside." He started with database work and then he gestroomd to public relations. Now he tries to work with ATA to his political campaign. Actually, he would qualify for Special Exemption from Service. "But I work as usual." His campaign after working hours. "Then I come to the people at home. Most people work still daytime. So I can better evening come. But not if there's novela (soap operas, red) on TV, then the angry women "grinnikt Jacobs.

Together with his team of 16, 17 persons to carry out campaign. One of the main messages that people want to give Jacobs cooperation. "Now is the time to work together. It does not matter what party you are, what religion you have or what color. It is a small island, we must do together. "Moreover, he does, that MEP will not want to govern with another party. "Cooperation is good, but if we want to govern, then it does not work with another small party there. We have in the past to see. That is not good. "The cooperation that Jacobs mean is between people, businesses and institutions.

Tattooing
The country Aruba Jacobs goes literally to the heart. Although he says are against tattoos, he is persuaded to take it one at left, above his heart, to continue. "But only because Aruba was", he stressed. The tattoo shows the island in the sea, with a setting sun in the background. On the island you see rocks, cactus and a characteristic dividiviboom.

Campaign
The kieslijst of MEP is not yet published and Jacobs do not know what position he ends up. It seems that not very important. However, he would like in parliament but is itself not yet ripe for a ministerial post. "I want to work close to the minister." The financing of his campaign is done by Jacobs. "Everything is paid events. I organize music events with friends, my son and me to act. Sometimes I ask for such an event has a small contribution, other times I earn money with the bar and eat. "Jacobs says no money from the partijkas to receive for his political campaign and no money for companies to accept. The slogan for his campaign Jacobs is Dicidido positivo y 'or' positive and decisive. "

Portfolio
John Francis Jacobs was in 1963 in Tanki Flip born as the son of Maximiano Jacobs, better known as Max, and There Sita 'Chita' Dijkhof. Divorced father of three treasures' Franc Ella (22), John Francis (18) and Celiandra (12). He did mavo, then studied English at Xavier University and received a Public Relations diploma. Francis is the youngest of the family with two older sisters, Hortencia Esmeralda Tromp-Jacobs or Tanchi Esmey as they caress mentioned and Maria Genoveva 'Omaira' Cruz-Jacobs. While not poor, Jacobs had the boy not growing as wide. However, there was always enough love. For each other, but also for music. Max Jacobs, now deceased, was a singer and musician on the Steelband. His love for music brought him over to his youngest child. Since four-year-old Francis has been Steelband and his fifth, he played for the first time during Carnival as part of the group Tanki Flip Steelband. The love that his father wore on, Jacobs has in turn passed to his children. To the proud daddy of them all sing and play is still more music.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.