March 28, 2024, 06:52:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AHATA/ATA Items and the MERRYWEATHER connection  (Read 134756 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 10:15:43 AM »

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0004/000405/040538eo.pdf

(1979-1980)

snip:

Meeting with Mr. J. Merryweather,
president of the Racing Club, Aruba

snip:

Mr. J. Merryweather - Tourist Office

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2009, 11:21:38 AM »

Freddy's mom is a "Supervisory Director" for the Bubali Sports Club located in Noord. Bubali is also the location of the Bird Sanctuary which has 2 ponds.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/08/natalee_hollowa_68.html
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »

O/T

I always thought the cage looked more animal "trap like" than fish trap....
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Freddy's mom is a "Supervisory Director" for the Bubali Sports Club located in Noord. Bubali is also the location of the Bird Sanctuary which has 2 ponds.

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/08/natalee_hollowa_68.html
Thank You Buckeye!   

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »

Thank You TM for helping Me out with this one..... 

Aruba, June 27th, 2009

Appearing in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in ARUBA since 20 JUNE 2005 under serial number 33522.0 is the company with the trade name:

S.C. BUBALI 

Business address BUBALI 103, NOORD 
Legal form  ASSOCIATION 
Name of the SPORTVERENIGING BUBALI SPORT CLUB 
company/foundation/association:
Statutory seat  ARUBA 
Date of 3 NOVEMBER 1961 
incorporation/commencement:

BOARD MEMBERS/AUTHORIZED PERSONS 

FUNG A FAT, GREGORY EDMUND; 
Residing in  EDISONSTRAAT 23, ORANJESTAD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 3 MAY 1976 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  VICE-PRESIDENT 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

CROES-TROMP, RACHELLE MARIËLA; 
Residing in  SEROE LOPES 10-G, PARADERA, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 15 SEPTEMBER 1972 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  TREASURER 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

TROMP, GREGORY GIOVANNI MICHAEL; 
Residing in  SAN MIGUEL 8-B, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 11 MARCH 1972 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  2ND TREASURER 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

TROMP, JAIRZINHO REVELINO; 
Residing in  SABANA LIBER 53-B, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 16 SEPTEMBER 1972 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  SUPERVISORY DIRECTOR/COMMISSIONER 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 

DE NOBREGA, GEORGE EDMUND; 
Residing in  ESMERALDA 101, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 2 MAY 1975 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 

FIGAROA, RYAN OMAR GREGORY; 
Residing in  ALTO VISTA 56-T, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 19 MARCH 1976 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  PRESIDENT 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

ECKMEYER, ANGELINE C.; 
Residing in  MONTANJA 15, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 22 DECEMBER 1966 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  SECRETARY 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

TROMP, ELVIS RENE; 
Residing in  KAMAY 9-D, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 23 JANUARY 1976 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Position  2ND SECRETARY 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 
Authority  RESTRICTED 

MALDONADO, OMAR ANTHONY GREGORY; 
Residing in  HATO 21, NOORD, ARUBA 
Born in  ARUBA on 20 JANUARY 1976 
Nationality  DUTCH 
Effective  6 MAY 2007 

OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE COMPANY 

DE VERENIGING STELT ZICH TEN DOEL, DE BEOEFENING EN BEVORDERING VAN VERSCHILLENDE TAKKEN VAN SPORT.
ZIJ TRACHT DIT DOEL TE BEREIKEN MET GEBRUIKMAKING VAN ALLE WETTELIJK GEOORLOOFDE MIDDELEN, WELKE AAN HET DOEL BEVORDERLIJK KUNNEN ZIJN. 

Only valid if accordingly signed by the Chamber of Commerce & Industry Aruba - J.E. Irausquin Blvd.10, Oranjestad, Aruba.

Translation of a Dutch above
THE ASSOCIATION aims, THE PROMOTION AND PRACTICE OF VARIOUS BRANCHES OF SPORT.
THEY SEEK TO ACHIEVE THE PURPOSE OF LAWFUL USE OF ALL LEGAL MEANS TO WHICH THE AIM could help.

http://www.arubachamber.com/registry/registry_search.afp

In God We Trust!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 12:38:29 PM »

YW, Hotping!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »

O/T

I always thought the cage looked more animal "trap like" than fish trap....
I agree! 

In God We Trust!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »

Mitchell's West Indian Bibliography
9th Edition: Don Mitchell QBE QC

(snipped)

MERRYWEATHER, John W - A Pictorial Résumé of Natural, Historical and Cultural Monuments of Aruba. (Oranjestad: De Witt Stores NV) 56 pages, photos, 1972. Descriptive. Conservation. Monuments. Aruba. Netherlands Antilles. Bro, Com

http://74.6.239.67/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=j+merryweather%2C++aruba&xa=jV27SNM9LYE7OyJDYkRA_A--%2C1246208563&fr=yfp-t-501&u=www.books.ai/9th/Men-Mil.htm&w=j+merryweather+aruba&d=BXNX1xlMTBoJ&icp=1&.intl=us

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »

John Merryweather

Health, Wellness and Fitness Professional

Aruba
Contact John Merryweather
Add John Merryweather to your network

Connections  1 connection Industry Health, Wellness and Fitness

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-merryweather/13/603/257

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »

Mods

Please delete my post.  Wrong thread.

I apologize.

Thanks

Janet

DONE
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:44:23 PM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2009, 04:54:41 AM »

4/16/2009 Awe Mainta Page 14

http://awemainta.com/home/

Papiamentu translation:

today family, amigo y conocirnan is take away maximiano jacobs at his ultimo lugar of sosiego max at one edad relativamente young cu his rumannan was activo on territory of ball. ela cuminsa in the team of r.c.a. in junior, after max owing to happen for tropical y owing to participa in campeonatonan of avb for several year. rivalnan was among another bubali, sca, jong aruba, y others. max was love futbol. together cu his primonan owing to arise the team inter prim cu was one team consistiendo of primonan cu hungadornan much conoci of the time ey as the jacobsnan, esta shon cai, toni, basilio, remigio, the temibel back central of all time esta ruben jacobs, also defunto ildo. max together cu ruben, his rumanan was form one defence impenetrable for her equipo contrario. inter prim was one great equipo cu caminda they was play the fanaticada was delight in of much good futbol. after the equipo owing to wordo aserca for sr. juan de freitas d.f.m of the colonia portuguese residencia at aruba for play campeonato below ; the number deportivo portuguese. the equipment owing to wordo invita for one faction at corsow of the temibel equipo of the time yonder esta deportivo portuguese corsow. musica also owing to form one great part of his life, max was one of the fundadornan of mariachi here at aruba, cu owing to form part of the mariachi thousand amores cu owing to wordo erect at 1957 for seferino”toy” tromp. max was one of the famous cantantenan of mariachi the time ey together cu toy tromp his uncle. max was canta majoria of the cancionan of tony aguilar cual was much popular the time ey y the was have one voz sublime cu was peace for mariachi. at anja 1960 mariachi thousand amores owing to companja miguel aceves mejia in strand hotel where cu max also owing to resona his voz y demostra his calidad because; cantante of mariachi. the time ey was have only 3 mariachi cu was mariachi thousand amores,mariachi pearl of aruba y mariachi santa cruz cu is the 3 mihor mariachinan cu aruba owing to jega of conose till now thanks at max for his contribucion for all thing ela let behind. “su cancion preferi was rose rosita”. steelband was his passion. max owing to toca together cu tanki flip steelband, after the self owing to erect his same are, cu was the young stars y after owing to become the young stars steel orquestra. at where cu max cu the young stars owing to make presentacion localmente y internacionalmente. they owing to visit among another colombia 8 trip, venezuela 1 trip, estados unidos 2 trip. at where cu ela visit together cu his are 6 estado americano, miami, washington dc, atlanta, montgomery, memphis y knoxville. here is at where max owing to succeed take away his children of steelband for open y close the world fair at 1982. senjor john merryweather was agent of toeristen bureau cu owing to make possible for her are make the viahe of promocion the time ey. max his steelband always owing to know of companja tivoli club for enough year in paradanan of carnaval. fuera cu the was one artist, deportista, max was one good father y welo cu owing to know of guia y happen his aptitude at his child y nietonan, already cu max is father y welo of the conocido cantenan, francis (yiu), john francis, francella y celiandra jacobs (nietonan) y the conosido esmeralda” tanchi esme” y omaira cruz (yiu). recientemente max owing to celebra 50 anja of happy life matrimonial together cu his senjora teresita jacobs dijkhoff. thanks max for let one herencia deportivo y artistico for we. max sosega at paz in braza of sir.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2009, 05:03:48 AM »

3/9/2009 Solo di Pueblo Page 29

http://solodipueblo.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=2

Papiamentu translation:

racing club aruba cu one gift for her comunidad aruban sta. cruz-- relaciona cu the 75 year of r.c.a. of existencia, directiva together cu some acolyte of dicho club owing to as one conferencia of prensa for divulga the good news cu r.c.a. have one gift for we people especialmente we pensionadonan, person big in we comunidad. sr. edward pieters owing to inicia the conferencia jamando all present one bonbin especialmente acolyte of oppa, sr. jansen y sra. thomas y also acolyte of kibrahacha, sra. uchtman come across. sr. pieters owing to subraya cu as owing to wordu tell anteriormente cu rca will celebra the 75 year of existencia all the year 2009. in the cuadro here rca wanted give one gift at the comunidad of aruba. con cu we mire is we comunidad owing to sostene rca, we sponsornan, we hungadornan, the entrenadornan in all divishon, the family, father y mother of the yiunan futbolistico, all acolyte cu of one or another as is contribui for adelanto of we club. is pesey rca owing to come cu one projecto cu jama:”ban come across at rca”. this is destina for we pensionadonan, we hendenan big at home cu have to of one lugar for they can come across another y conversa upstairs the pasado. after sr. pieters owing to happen word for sr. john merryweather that owing to talk intensamente upstairs rca caminda the history of rca owing to stay enfatisa. sr. merryweather owing to tell among another cu is cu one barrack rca owing to cuminsa cu ne till today we have one club. but not was facil for owing to jega caminda we is today. sr. john merryweather owing to tell of is extremely contento of owing to work 15 year largo in directiva together cu the valuartenan as sr. fenchi jansen (q.e.p.d.) y sr. daniel kelly (q.e.p.d.). because; chairman of rca, sr. merryweather owing to tell cu the was tine facil because the was have one tremendo team together cu ne. personanan extremely capaz for dirigi the club. sr. merryweather owing to revela what the gift is encera. then the gift is cu upstairs the dianan monday – diaranzon y diabierna, cuminsando upstairs monday 9 of march 2009 rca will open his portanan for 8’or y half of morning till cu 12’or y half of afternoon p’asina we grandinan, pensionadonan, hungadornan of futbol of all aruba y especialmente of rca for come at we club at solito p’asina happen one morning cheerful. recordar es vivir. we can take away conversacionnan ameno recordando pasado not only upstairs futbol but also upstairs all ramo tanto social, deportivo y cultural. directiva is haci one suplica at yiunan, nietonan, famianan of we grandinan for trece they grandinan at club of rca upstairs the dianan menciona. will have person for serve we grandinan upstairs the day here. will have mesanan of domino, fysioterapista, koffie, thee y buscuchi. all esakinan is free. tanto sr. merryweather y sr. pieters owing to tell cu the dianan here have to become “gezellig” for we grandinan. sr. shon pe krozendijk because; acolyte of rca also owing to take away word y añadi cu we have to saca we grandinan for of cas p’asina they can scapa one rato of the soledad cu can queen caminda they're. mirando cu the also is one pensionado the la ofrece for juda the team cu will work for we grandinan. sr. eric gomez formando part of the directive actual owing to ilustra the part of cuido medico for cu we grandinan during cu they will is of visit at rca. then here we is see cu directiva owing to think upstairs all aspecto relaciona cu the visit of we grandinan at club rca. we of good morning aruba deportivo is felicita rca cu the beautiful gesture here y is desea the team cu will go work all clase of exito.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2009, 05:39:13 AM »

Pretty much the same article on the page before.   

3/9/2009 Solo di Pueblo Page 28

Papiamentu translation:

regal koyari/postaruba is happen on arsenal 5-2

sta. cruz -- relaciona cu the 75 year of existencia of r.c.a., directiva together cu some acolyte of dicho club owing to as one conferencia of prensa for divulga the good news cu r.c.a. have one gift for we people, specialmente for we pensionadonan, person big in we comunidad. sr. edward pieters owing to inicia the conferencia yamando all present one bonbini, specialmente acolyte of oppa, sr. jansen y sra. thomas y also acolyte of kibrahacha, sra. uchtman come across. sr. pieters owing to subraya cu as owing to wordo tell anteriormente cu rca will celebra the 75 year of existencia all the year 2009. in the cuadro here rca wanted give one gift at the comunidad of aruba. con cu we mir’e is we comunidad owing to sostene rca, we sponsornan, we hungadornan, the entrenadornan in all division, the family, father y mother of the yiunan futbolistico, all acolyte cu of one or another as is contribui for adelanto of we club. is p’esey rca owing to come cu one proyecto cu yama:”ban come across at rca”. this is destina for we pensionadonan, we hendenan big at home cu have to of one lugar for they can come across another y conversa on the pasado. after sr. pieters owing to happen word for sr. john merryweather that owing to talk intensamente on rca caminda the history of rca owing to stay enfatiza. sr. merryweather owing to tell among another cu is cu one barrack rca owing to cuminza cu ne till today we have one club. but not was facil for owing to arrive caminda we is today. sr. john merryweather owing to tell of is extremely contento of owing to work 15 year largo in directiva together cu the valuartenan as sr. fenchi jansen (q.e.p.d.) y sr. daniel kelly (q.e.p.d.). because; chairman of rca, sr. merryweather owing to tell cu the was tin’e facil because the was have one tremendo team together cu ne. personanan extremely capaz for dirigi the club. sr. merryweather owing to revela kico the gift is encera. then the gift is cu on the dianan monday – diarazon y diabierna, cuminzando on monday 9 of march 2009 rca will open his portanan for 8:30 of morning till cu 12:30 of afternoon p’asina we grandinan, pensionadonan, hungadornan of futbol of all aruba y specialmente of rca for come at we club at solito p’asina happen one morning cheerful. recordar es vivir. we can take away conversacionnan ameno recordando pasado not only on futbol, but also on all ramo tanto social, deportivo y cultural. directiva is haci one suplica at yiunan, nietonan, famianan of we grandinan for trece they grandinan at club of rca on the dianan menciona. will have person for serve we grandinan on the day here. will have mesanan of domino, fysioterapista, koffie, thee y buscuchi. all esakinan is free. tanto sr. merryweather y sr. pieters owing to tell cu the dianan here have to become “gezellig” for we grandinan. sr. shon pe krozendijk because; acolyte of rca also owing to take away word y añadi cu we have to saca we grandinan for of cas p’asina they can scapa one rato of the soledad cu can queen caminda they're. mirando cu the also is one pensionado el’a ofrece for help the team cu will work for we grandinan. sr. eric gomez formando part of the directiva actual owing to ilustra the part of cuido medico for cu we grandinan during cu they will is of visit at rca. then here we is see cu directiva owing to think on all aspecto relaciona cu the visit of we grandinan at club rca.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2009, 05:48:01 AM »

3/11/2009 Solo di Pueblo Page 29

Papiamentu translation:

“ban come across at rca” owing to become one realidad
sta cruz -- relaciona cu the evento in cuadro of 75 year of r.c.a. we can tell cu the first actividad “ban come across at r.c.a.” was one exito. was have more or less 30 person big. we can tell cu mirando the entusiamo, the emocion hour cu the grandinan here owing to come across is place do you “gemoed” fill (mi not know if the word here is bon), but we conoce at papiamento if. provided that todo caso the abrazo strong cu the grandinan here owing to give another is ilustra all cos. we was have as cu owing to being word koffie, thee, buscuchi, croquette y refresco. also sr. eric gomez was have one mini-teca cu owing to place the grandinan bay in time cu cancionnan of antaño. sr. john merryweather, tachi martinus, minguel zievinger, tony tromp owing to recorda añanan glorioso of r.c.a. tanto local because; internacional. much recuerdo (chasconan) cu do you not can imagina do you, owing to come fast bao laughter. one instant splendid was hour cu we father of tumba, sr. juancho kock owing to come across sr. frank lichtenberg. they owing to recorda con at club of r.c.a. cu for añanan largo they owing to toca y sr. frank owing to dance till in oranan of morning at rca hour cu juancho was canta cu one of the cohuntonan cu el’a integra inside. sr. lichtenberg cu is naci at curaçao owing to tell we cu the is one of fundadornan of the equipo of futbol vesta cu after owing to become centro juvenil mahuma at curaçao. at aruba (1988 -1997) sr. lichtenberg was assistant trainer of the equipo riverplate. the is conoci in people because; dj mr. comeback. we wanted owing to remarca cu everybody big is welcome at rca. we not owing to haci y we will not haci none invitacion personal at none person. by the comunicado here, once more everybody, hungadornan of all equipo of futbol, tanto of rca self y others is more cu welcome. today then diarazon, 11 of march 2009, for 8:30 am till cu 12:30 pm we is open door for everybody can come come across another at rca at solito. one suplica is bay at yiunan, nietonan y another miembronan of family for trece do you grandinan at rca p’asina they can happen one instant cheerful y disfruta of momentonan agreeable together cu they amigonan of antaño. diaberne 13 of march 2009, we is continua habriendo the door of rca for we grandinan. y so we is bay follow in the year 2009. sperando cu the invitacion is cla, we is clausura cu one greet deportivo. in name of the comision as come across at rca;

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2009, 09:09:44 AM »

Huh.  Well then.  That sounds an awful lot like what AHATA does/did as well.

John Merryweather, leader of anti-Holloway protests. His position w/Aruban gov't as well as being on the Board of several resorts. It looks bad, is he doing this in his oficial capacity? His job description:

The ministers plenipotentiary are authorised representatives of their national governments. They receive instructions from and are accountable to their governments. These ministers therefore do not have to resign in the event of a Dutch cabinet crisis.

Posted by: thinkaboutit | Wednesday, July 06, 2005 at 04:53 PM

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2005/07/some_details_of.html
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »

http://batibleki.visitaruba.com/2008/08/19/the-pension-fund-conducts-a-general-meeting/

Tue
Aug

The Pension Fund conducts a General Meeting

Rona Coster

The Pension Fund Tourism Sector Aruba held a General Assembly meeting on Wednesday, at the Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa.

The meeting’s agenda put together by Managing Director Sanaa Bergen included the approval of the minutes of last year’s General Assembly, a warm welcome to new companies joining the fund, a review of the articles of incorporation, highlights of the fund’s financial performance, an outline of the objectives for 2008/09, and the honoring of the pioneers and contributors to the visionary creation of PFTSA.

The PFTSA board members list, explains Bergen, features many pillars of Aruba’s tourism industry including key Finance, Human Resources, Business and Labor leaders represented by Ben Marapin, Glenn Farro, Rudy Geerman, Anselmo Pontilius, Nathaly Wouters, Ton Koolman, Paul Vandormael, Valerie Pietersz-Camacho, Lisette Mohamed and Ann Brinkman.

During the General Assembly, the PFTSA also reported that a number of important local companies joined the pension fund this year among them Grobo NV, Hertz, Keppel Entertainment, Occidental Resort & Casino, Oranjestad Laundry, Romite NV, Penha, TEC INC and Divi Links.

Overall, the PFTSA, compliant with guidelines of the Central Bank of Aruba showed off a very healthy balance sheet in regards to its net income, investment income, assets and membership, which grew 13% over the past year.

As for future developments, the community may expect an increase in the number of mortgages granted and financed by the PFTSA, also on line access and a continuous growth in membership.

The PFTSA, says Bergen is committed to become the number one choice of employers and employees for the execution of their retirement plans.

At the end of the informative General Assembly, the PFTSA honored industry pioneers among them Hotelier Ed Malone, Labor Leader Anselmo Pontilius, Tourism Expert Rory Arends, Businessman Harold Malmberg, Finance & Tax Expert Angel Bermudez, Advisor John Merryweather, Businessman Willie Kremer and Economist Ben Marapin for their historical contributions to the pension fund, a first of its kind in the industry.

Author:Rona Coster

Time:Tuesday, August 19th, 2008 at 3:24 pm

Category:All, Hotel news

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0507/06/acd.01.html

Snip:

(COMMERCIAL BREAK) BAKHTIAR: Aruba isn't a very big island unless you're searching for one vanished 18-year-old girl, in which case, that tiny, arid, white-sand-covered speck of a place in the Caribbean must suddenly seem hopelessly huge.

With the latest now on the sad case of Natalee Holloway and the mounting anger, here's CNN David Mattingly.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

DAVID MATTINGLY, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): More than a month after Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba, the sound of military jets on a high-altitude search reminds everyone, all is still not well in paradise: Warplanes overhead, a war of words below. A statement released by the attorney for Satish Kalpoe, one of the two suspects recently released from jail, takes aim at these angry words from Natalee's mother.

BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE'S MOTHER: These criminals are not only allowed to walk freely among the tourists and citizens of Aruba, but there are no limits where they choose to travel.

MATTINGLY: The statement from the defense attorney Elgin Zeppenfeldt calls her words, "prejudicial, inflammatory, libelous and totally outrageous." He goes on, writing, "in light of the applicable principle of presumption of innocence, Mr. Kalpoe deeply resents the statement of Mrs. Beth Twitty, calling him a criminal with a flight risk." And the attorney writes Holloway's mother, "publicly acted as judge, jury and executioner."

He threatened legal action if the comments do not stop.

JOHN MERRYWEATHER, FORMER ARUBAN AMBASSADOR: When she starts calling them criminals walking among tourists, she is warmongering. She is creating, she is -- when I say warmongering, I'm using war very loosely. She is frightening people, because this is simply not true. And then you get disappointed.

MATTINGLY: Former Aruban Ambassador John Merryweather is among natives sympathetic to Holloway's family, but losing patience with criticism of the handling of the investigation.

MERRYWEATHER: She had 110 percent backing from the country, from the government, from the people, from the Marines, from the FBI, from the Dutch specialists, and I mean -- yesterday and today, F-16s flying over to find Natalee for us all, the Holloways and the Aruban people, because we are hurting.

MATTINGLY: According to a government spokesman, the Holloway disappearance has not affected the influx of tourists. Even now during what used to be known as the slow season, hotels report overbooking situations.

At the beach resort where Natalee once stayed, the F-16s are the only outward sign that anything is different. But tourist Barbara Crawford, who followed the case from her home in Toronto, now watches her own daughter a little more closely.

BARBARA CRAWDFORD, CANADIAN TOURIST: You can't stop yourself as a parent, from just looking at the landscape. You know? You're almost -- you're afraid to look around at the rock formations and the different ruins and you think: I wonder if that's where she is.

MATTINGLY: They're concerns shared across international lines. Petra Ruyter and her family came from the Netherlands with Natalee on their minds.

PETRA RUYTER, NETHERLANDS TOURIST: I hope we don't found her ourself.

MATTINGLY: You're worried?

RUYTER: Yes.

MATTINGLY: Why?

RUYTER: Because you have your daughter with you. We are protecting her now.

MATTINGLY: Aruban residents, however, frequently ask openly how much more can be done, and express concerns for the future.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have done so much to try to locate the body, the government, police, ambulance, the military, you see these planes now. I mean, I don't know. I think only God can help us right now.

MATTINGLY: And as they listen to the roar of jets overhead, some wonder what happens if the closed-door investigation produces no answers, while others hear a reason for optimism.

MERRYWEATHER: I hear reassurance that this case is not closed. I hear a reassurance that we will find the solution.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »

Beth's Plea: 

<a href="http://s302.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/texasmom_55/VIDEO/07052005BethsPlea.flv" target="_blank">http://s302.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/texasmom_55/VIDEO/07052005BethsPlea.flv</a>

The Aruban Response:

This video goes from "not real good" quality to "really bad" quality.  I've tried to find another copy of it but haven't had any luck.  I think you can see enough and hear enough to get a glimpse of John Merryweather.

<a href="http://s302.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/texasmom_55/VIDEO/07072005ArubansUpsetWithBeth.flv" target="_blank">http://s302.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid302.photobucket.com/albums/nn82/texasmom_55/VIDEO/07072005ArubansUpsetWithBeth.flv</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161660,00.html

Arubans: Natalee's Mom Out of Line

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba —

A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of a missing American teen.

Those assembled outside the colonial courthouse in this Caribbean capital Tuesday night said they fear their tiny island nation is falsely being portrayed as not doing enough to find Natalee Holloway (search), the Alabama girl who vanished May 30 on a graduation trip with her high school class.

Two brothers, Deepak Kalpoe (search), 21, and Satish Kalpoe (search), 18, who had been held as suspects were released Monday for lack of evidence.

In a brief and tearful statement Tuesday, Beth Holloway Twitty (search), Natalee's mother, accused Aruba of letting guilty people free.

"Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter," she said.

"These criminals are not only being allowed to walk around among the tourists and citizens of Aruba," she said, but there were no limits on where they could go.

The protesters took umbrage with those statements.

"Respect our Dutch laws or go home," read one sign. "Innocent until proven guilty," read another. One suggested the missing girl might not be dead but partying in Brazil or nearby Venezuela.

There were complaints that some American television coverage unfairly depicted the island, which depends overwhelmingly on tourism, and as being crime- and drug-ridden.

Though poverty is widespread in the Caribbean, Aruba has an unemployment rate of less than 1 percent and one of the higher standards of living. And it has few worries. Tourism and a major refinery bring in the money. Diplomatic and defense needs, such as they are, are provided by the Netherlands.

"Have you been treated badly in Aruba?" asked Ramon Garcia, a burly tourist guide. "We are together with the family of Natalee, but we love Aruba too, man. We don't need these pressures. We are a friendly island."

Orlando Flanigan said his country had given "all out hearts, all out cooperation, everything," to help find Natalee.

"It's time we got some respect back," he said.

"They are making us look like a banana republic, he said. "We are an educated and cultured people; many of us speak four or five languages."

John Maywether told a growing crowd that Aruba is not an island of criminals.

"We have 96 [prison] cells and 53 percent of them are occupied by non-Arubans," he said.

"We are here to ask that you trust our legal system," he said, recalling that Arubans turned out in large numbers for Natalee after she vanished and that prayers were offered for her safe return in local churches.

Arubans note that local banks raised $20,000 and provided other help to a group of volunteers from Texas, who are still here, could continue their search for the girl.

But there has been no sign of her. Three F-16 jets sent by the Dutch government were to start flying grid patterns on Wednesday, taking offshore photographs hoping for clues.

On Monday the courts extended for 60 days the detention of Joran van der Sloot (search), 17, the son of a judge-in-training, the only person still in detention and possibly the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive.

After that time he can be released, ordered to trial or detained further.

Lincoln Gomez, an Oranjestad defense lawyer not connected to the case, said the Kalpoe brothers still could face indictment until they are formally notified that charges won't be brought.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161660,00.html

Arubans: Natalee's Mom Out of Line

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

ORANJESTAD, Aruba —

A latent but growing resentment here became evident for the first time when more than 200 people, some wrapped in Aruban flags, said they were incensed by statements made by the mother of a missing American teen.

Those assembled outside the colonial courthouse in this Caribbean capital Tuesday night said they fear their tiny island nation is falsely being portrayed as not doing enough to find Natalee Holloway (search), the Alabama girl who vanished May 30 on a graduation trip with her high school class.

Two brothers, Deepak Kalpoe (search), 21, and Satish Kalpoe (search), 18, who had been held as suspects were released Monday for lack of evidence.

In a brief and tearful statement Tuesday, Beth Holloway Twitty (search), Natalee's mother, accused Aruba of letting guilty people free.

"Two suspects were released yesterday who were involved in a violent crime against my daughter," she said.

"These criminals are not only being allowed to walk around among the tourists and citizens of Aruba," she said, but there were no limits on where they could go.

The protesters took umbrage with those statements.

"Respect our Dutch laws or go home," read one sign. "Innocent until proven guilty," read another. One suggested the missing girl might not be dead but partying in Brazil or nearby Venezuela.

There were complaints that some American television coverage unfairly depicted the island, which depends overwhelmingly on tourism, and as being crime- and drug-ridden.

Though poverty is widespread in the Caribbean, Aruba has an unemployment rate of less than 1 percent and one of the higher standards of living. And it has few worries. Tourism and a major refinery bring in the money. Diplomatic and defense needs, such as they are, are provided by the Netherlands.

"Have you been treated badly in Aruba?" asked Ramon Garcia, a burly tourist guide. "We are together with the family of Natalee, but we love Aruba too, man. We don't need these pressures. We are a friendly island."

Orlando Flanigan said his country had given "all out hearts, all out cooperation, everything," to help find Natalee.

"It's time we got some respect back," he said.

"They are making us look like a banana republic, he said. "We are an educated and cultured people; many of us speak four or five languages."

John Maywether told a growing crowd that Aruba is not an island of criminals.

"We have 96 [prison] cells and 53 percent of them are occupied by non-Arubans," he said.

"We are here to ask that you trust our legal system," he said, recalling that Arubans turned out in large numbers for Natalee after she vanished and that prayers were offered for her safe return in local churches.

Arubans note that local banks raised $20,000 and provided other help to a group of volunteers from Texas, who are still here, could continue their search for the girl.

But there has been no sign of her. Three F-16 jets sent by the Dutch government were to start flying grid patterns on Wednesday, taking offshore photographs hoping for clues.

On Monday the courts extended for 60 days the detention of Joran van der Sloot (search), 17, the son of a judge-in-training, the only person still in detention and possibly the last person to see Natalee Holloway alive.

After that time he can be released, ordered to trial or detained further.

Lincoln Gomez, an Oranjestad defense lawyer not connected to the case, said the Kalpoe brothers still could face indictment until they are formally notified that charges won't be brought.

http://lincolngomez.com/2007/

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.