April 30, 2024, 10:29:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #18 8/6/09 - 8/30/09  (Read 320371 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1620 on: August 28, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »

Thanks NRCG......

New search for Haleigh may come Saturday
Haleigh's stepmom allegedly pointed out a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose
Courtesy of Steph Watts Buy photo
This screen capture shows Misty Croslin-Cummings during a video taped hypnosis session. The session was arranged by the private search firm EquuSearch.

By Karen Voyles
Staff writer

Published: Friday, August 28, 2009 at 7:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, August 28, 2009 at 7:42 p.m.
A comment Misty Croslin-Cummings allegedly made about investigators needing to double-check a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose in their search for her missing stepdaughter, Haleigh Cummings, has motivated a private firm to begin scouring the area this morning.

Click to enlarge
Misty Croslin-Cummings allegedly directed a private search crew to look for this rose in a Putnam County area she thought had not been adequately searched for missing 6 year old Haleigh Cummings. Courtesy Steph Watts
Buy photo
Special to the Sun
Croslin-Cummings, 17, is said to have made the unrecorded comment while undergoing a lie-detector test, hypnosis session and voice stress test earlier this month. The head of the organization that paid for the tests said the stepmother of Haleigh -- the 6-year-old Putnam County girl missing since February -- was trying to clear her name when she agreed to the tests, yet failed each of them.

"She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location," said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch, a private Texas firm that founder and director Tim Miller said was contacted by Croslin-Cummings to help clear her name.

"We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took them (Putnam County investigators) back there," Watts said. "I don't think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead."

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office has said it has followed about 4,000 leads so far in its search for Haleigh, whom Croslin-Cummings reported missing at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10.

Croslin-Cummings initially said she had put Haleigh and her younger brother to bed at about 8 p.m. on Feb. 9 in the same room where she went to sleep about two hours later. She was caring for the children because their father, Ronald Cummings, was working the night shift.

When Haleigh was reported missing, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office launched an Amber Alert and led a massive search that included boats, canine teams, four-wheelers, helicopters and horses.

In the months since Haleigh was last seen, investigators have said Cummings and Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects.

On Friday afternoon, Putnam Sheriff's Maj. Gary Bowling weighed his words carefully in describing his agency's view of Croslin-Cummings' situation.

"No, I don't think we consider her a suspect," Bowling said. "We factually know that she is consistently inconsistent and we need some factual exactness about her activities the night before Haleigh disappeared until the morning when she was reported missing."

Croslin-Cummings did not respond to interview requests made Friday through her attorney, a friend and a family member. Without the knowledge or approval of her attorney or the Sheriff's Office, she reportedly asked Miller, the director of EquuSearch, to help her clear her name.

The firm was established nearly 10 years ago to assist in searches, especially after local law enforcement agencies are unable to sustain a search. Miller said Haleigh's family reached out to his firm "because they didn't think enough was being done to find her."

Croslin-Cummings then asked for something specific -- assistance clearing her name so that the search could focus on Haleigh, not on rumors about her, Miller said.

"She said she did not trust the cops and asked me if she could take a lie detector test or something," Miller said. "I told her that was out of the realm of what we did, but this was something that she felt would be helpful, and so we arranged it. This is the first time I have ever been put in a position like this. It has ended with Misty (Croslin-Cummings) not speaking to us. "

Miller said the polygraph that Croslin-Cummings underwent in Orlando on Aug. 19 "showed huge deceptions." When Croslin-Cummmings was told about the results, "she said she wanted to be hypnotized," Miller said. "My thought was 'Now where do we go?' My hopes were that she would have passed, but the opposite happened, so we arranged for the hypnosis and a voice analysis to be done at her husband's aunt's house in Welaka."

Apparently, Croslin-Cummings leaked the news about the pending hypnosis and analysis to some of her relatives, and the word spread quickly. Miller said there were lots of people in the yard of the aunt's home during the tests and that within a day or two, a variety of reporters began requesting interviews.

The sessions were taped and have since been distributed to media outlets around the state, including The Sun. The sessions reportedly were paid for by EquuSearch and recorded by Steph Watts, who distributed copies to reporters with the approval of EquuSearch.

Among those asking for a copy of the tapes and other materials was the Sheriff's Office, which phrased its request in the form of a search warrant, but the firm immediately handed them over, EquuSearch officials said.

Croslin-Cummings' attorney, Robert Fields of Palatka, downplayed the value of the materials.

"Everyone knows that if there was any merit, polygraphs and these sorts of things would be admissible in court," Fields said.

Fields also said that his understanding from conversations he had with Croslin-Cummings was that she agreed to the testing by EquuSearch because "she was told that if she did not take the exams, they (EquuSearch) would not bring any assets to the search." Miller has denied that allegation.

"We will be in Florida very, very soon to search for Haleigh," Miller said. "I am not a detective and did not want to be in the position this has put me in."

Those close to the case said EquuSearch will launch a search this morning at an undisclosed location in Putnam County.

Croslin-Cummings' results also put her attorney in an embarrassing position.

"This all kind of hit me out of the blue," Fields said. "My advice to her was 'Don't speak to any law enforcement without speaking to me first,' and I found it hard to imagine that a private party would be playing Magnum P.I."

Seventh Judicial Circuit Assistant State Attorney Christopher Kelly gave no indication that any arrest or other legal action is imminent.

"We have been in touch with the Sheriff's Office since the beginning, but this is still under investigation, so it is still in their hands," Kelly said.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1621 on: August 28, 2009, 09:00:32 PM »

glenn frey - the heat is on video Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mU-YSk32I

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1622 on: August 28, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »

I wonder if they can get fingerprints or any DNA on the plastic rose to see where it came from.....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1623 on: August 28, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »

glenn frey - the heat is on video Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mU-YSk32I

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1624 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1625 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:39 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1626 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »

I wonder if they can get fingerprints or any DNA on the plastic rose to see where it came from.....
Probably       When asked “is there anything else you can remember, in particular, is there anywhere police should be looking”, she paused and said “there’s a place that needs to be searched again.” She then gave us specific directions and said “look in the forest for a single red rose”. (Why would she tell them this?)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1627 on: August 28, 2009, 09:07:29 PM »

Well, this is all plain creepy 
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1628 on: August 28, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »

Thanks Trimm.   "She claimed she was there for a voluntary interview and yet she exhibited a lot of signs verbally and nonverbally that it wasn't voluntary," he said. (This is what I don't understand, if you voluntarily wanted to do this, why fight it?  )

Hello Monkeys! Just had to check in on my dinner break at work . . .

This is how I am taking the hypnotist's statements - see what you all think (a different perspective, anyway, maybe?):

Just maybe . . . Misty volunteered to do all of this in an attempt to try to divert attention from herself. As mentioned previously, she is such a seasoned liar - a skill she's been honing her entire life - and so arrogant (and stupid), that she genuinely thought she could pull off lying on these tests & getting away with it. Due to her heavy involvement with the drug community and a family/circle of friends full of criminals, she could have learned/been encouraged to take relaxants (oxycontin, etc.), which some criminals think can alter the test results. The professionals would be able to see through this, though, since they called in some of "the best" . . . Thus, the "voluntary" aspect.

With regards to the hypnosis - I believe that the professional trying to put her under is trying very tactfully to simply say that "she was faking it" . . . her behavior was NOT consistent with someone who is truly in a deep hypnotic state. By stating that she was "fighting it", I believe that he meant that she never allowed herself to go under, and was just pretending she was - with her canned scripted answers. IMO, this is what she had planned all along when she set this whole testing thing up - - - and it all blew up in her face. She's been able to lie & manipulate her way out of things her whole life - she thought she could with LE as well . . .

All JMO . . . will be interested to watch NG repeats tonight to see what the experts have to say . . .

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1629 on: August 28, 2009, 09:16:15 PM »

Oh yeah no rose...... creepy, indeed

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1630 on: August 28, 2009, 09:17:15 PM »

Tams, yes that makes sense.    What I don't get is all of a sudden out of nowhere Misty comes up with this rose story? Why now, what was the point, is this some sort of set up?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1631 on: August 28, 2009, 09:21:52 PM »

Tams, yes that makes sense.    What I don't get is all of a sudden out of nowhere Misty comes up with this rose story? Why now, what was the point, is this some sort of set up?

this is indeed very strange! wth comes to mind!

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1632 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »

It is very strange... Let no stone  be unturned... I wonder if there any any inside pictures that were posted had any red plastic roses in their MH ..
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1633 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/does-a-rose-hold-the-clue-to-where-haleigh-is/

By Steph
Or is Misty Cummings sending investigators on a wild goose chase? This week, during one of several long conversations, with Misty Cummings, she revealed something that may, or may be of interest. When asked “is there anything else you can remember, in particular, is there anywhere police should be looking”, she paused and said “there’s a place that needs to be searched again.” She then gave us specific directions and said “look in the forest for a single red rose”. Ronald drove us to the location she described and when we entered into the woods as directed we found a red plastic rose, covered lightly with brush. It was an eerie moment and we quickly retreated with the intention of going directly to law enforcement, which we did. We returned later with law enforcement and without Ronald Cummings. Investigators bagged the rose and decided the area was worth being searched. The intense, detailed search with law enforcement and Texas equusearch is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I have been asked not to disclose the location, because IF this tip is actually credible, no one will attempt to tamper with the evidence.
Here’s what I find interesting about this. If you are completely innocent and allegedly have NO knowledge of a crime or NO knowledge of anyone who may have committed this crime. Why would even elude that you may know where the body is buried? Why would you lead people to an area where you think a little girl may be buried? A little girl who you were the last person known to see her? Perhaps to distract law enforcement/searchers away from an area where the body actually is? If this turns up to be nothing, is Misty taking tips from the Casey Anthony handbook; “How To Lead Investigators On A Wild Goose Chase”? Perhaps Misty’s tip of what may be buried there is just as telling as what isn’t. We will know more tomorrow.

I really wish Steph would date his work

I think STEPH may be a college age female that used to post on MyFox blog, and had a ustream program for a while.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1634 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

I missed the first airing of NG.  Was TJ Ward on there?

"Look in the forest" ... and Ron took them straight to the rose ...   

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1635 on: August 28, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »

Probably       When asked “is there anything else you can remember, in particular, is there anywhere police should be looking”, she paused and said “there’s a place that needs to be searched again.” She then gave us specific directions and said “look in the forest for a single red rose”. (Why would she tell them this?)

I wonder if she realizes how much trouble she is in yet?         Either way you look at it - whether she is lying or telling the truth or just trying to mislead LE  - she is in big trouble.   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1636 on: August 28, 2009, 09:38:44 PM »

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/does-a-rose-hold-the-clue-to-where-haleigh-is/

By Steph
Or is Misty Cummings sending investigators on a wild goose chase? This week, during one of several long conversations, with Misty Cummings, she revealed something that may, or may be of interest. When asked “is there anything else you can remember, in particular, is there anywhere police should be looking”, she paused and said “there’s a place that needs to be searched again.” She then gave us specific directions and said “look in the forest for a single red rose”. Ronald drove us to the location she described and when we entered into the woods as directed we found a red plastic rose, covered lightly with brush. It was an eerie moment and we quickly retreated with the intention of going directly to law enforcement, which we did. We returned later with law enforcement and without Ronald Cummings. Investigators bagged the rose and decided the area was worth being searched. The intense, detailed search with law enforcement and Texas equusearch is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I have been asked not to disclose the location, because IF this tip is actually credible, no one will attempt to tamper with the evidence.
Here’s what I find interesting about this. If you are completely innocent and allegedly have NO knowledge of a crime or NO knowledge of anyone who may have committed this crime. Why would even elude that you may know where the body is buried? Why would you lead people to an area where you think a little girl may be buried? A little girl who you were the last person known to see her? Perhaps to distract law enforcement/searchers away from an area where the body actually is? If this turns up to be nothing, is Misty taking tips from the Casey Anthony handbook; “How To Lead Investigators On A Wild Goose Chase”? Perhaps Misty’s tip of what may be buried there is just as telling as what isn’t. We will know more tomorrow.

I really wish Steph would date his work

I think STEPH may be a college age female that used to post on MyFox blog, and had a ustream program for a while.

Well there really is a Steph Watt's and he did use to work for Greta and Fox, so if this person is impersonating him they could probably get in trouble.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1637 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »

What reason did she give them for knowing about the rose and why would she send them there if she doesn't know what happened to Haleigh?

Misty bringing the single rose location to people's attention, then she was incriminating herself in a big way. How did she know about it? There is no way that she accidentally found it. Does she want this over with?
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1638 on: August 28, 2009, 09:45:40 PM »

What reason did she give them for knowing about the rose and why would she send them there if she doesn't know what happened to Haleigh?

Misty bringing the single rose location to people's attention, then she was incriminating herself in a big way. How did she know about it? There is no way that she accidentally found it. Does she want this over with?

Exactly.   The only explanation would be that she is one stupid girl and hasn't thought it all through.     
That girl is going down, imo.
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1639 on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:18 PM »

And Ron went along with it, I don't get that either.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.