April 19, 2024, 10:13:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 773354 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1940 on: July 10, 2009, 04:40:55 PM »

Convicted Killer Released, Moving Into House Across From School
Posted: 5:43 pm PST January 2, 2008
Updated: 6:19 pm PST January 2, 2008

HOQUIAM, Wash. -- Convicted killer Brian Peak is set to be released from prison after serving 14 years for murdering 16-year-old Melanie Santiago in 1987.

Peak is moving in with his mother who lives across the street from a Lincoln Elementary School in Hoquiam.

“It makes me furious, I’ve got two teenagers. There’s a grade school that only goes up to grade six living right across the alley. That scares me to death,” neighbor Mary Anne Myers said.

According to state documents obtained by KIRO 7 Eyewitness News, Peak has been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic with a history of failing to take his medication.

According to police, because of the laws at the time of Peak’s conviction, he is allowed to move in with his mother and will not be supervised by the Department of Corrections.

“They're pretty much powerless to do anything to keep an eye on this guy once he’s out and we just want to ensure that the public is safe,” Sgt. Steve Fretts with the Hoquiam Police Department said.

In response to public concern, Hoquiam police created a public bulletin about Peak’s release noting that he has the right to live as a “free man.”

“I don’t think he belongs around the school, I really don’t,” neighbor Dennis Caruthers said.

The superintendent of Hoquiam schools told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News when students return to class on Monday morning letters will be going home to alert parents of the situation.

Maybe someone needs to call this in, just in the case it has been over looked. Is this place far from McCleary? Was he supposed to go to the offender support group?
I wished I lived closer I would do all of these things and more. It is hard to be in another state.
WTH serving 16 years for murder???? What happened to life sentances???
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1941 on: July 10, 2009, 04:41:05 PM »

Lora - I checked people waiting to get into the forum and I can't tell which one is you.  There are approx 650 people waiting to become members and these days we've been so busy I've been slow to approve.

Please email me at smklaas@hotmail.com and I'll approve you.

Also I hope you go to the FBI with that info.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1942 on: July 10, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »

LE needs to look at Survaliance cameras for where she was last seen to these destinations.. Hoquiam and also Hood Canal
Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1943 on: July 10, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »

LE needs to look at Survaliance cameras for where she was last seen to these destinations.. Hoquiam and also Hood Canal

Hi Edward ~

Based off the research I've done, Hoquiam is loaded with SO's!  At least I felt so based on the population #'s.

Thank you -
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1944 on: July 10, 2009, 04:55:21 PM »

Edward I can't find inforamtion abou the girls murder. Do you have anything? I looked and the two places are 30 or so miles away. I wonder what he has been doing, is he working?

Kara here is a link, there stillis the video up and shows this mans face. Can you look, maybe you have seen him around? Or maybe your children?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/14966260/detail.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1945 on: July 10, 2009, 04:56:15 PM »

What is hood canal?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1946 on: July 10, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »

Sorry for the typos....I am tired
Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1947 on: July 10, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »

Lora - I checked people waiting to get into the forum and I can't tell which one is you.  There are approx 650 people waiting to become members and these days we've been so busy I've been slow to approve.

WOW klassend ~ two great bits of news in one post . . . a new lead that YOU recommend Lora go to the FBI with (I'd take that advice if I were you Lora)....

and the fact that you have 650 people waiting to become members of Scared Monkeys!!!  Congratulations on your continued success. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1948 on: July 10, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »

Edward I can't find inforamtion abou the girls murder. Do you have anything? I looked and the two places are 30 or so miles away. I wonder what he has been doing, is he working?

Kara here is a link, there stillis the video up and shows this mans face. Can you look, maybe you have seen him around? Or maybe your children?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/14966260/detail.html

Convicted Killer Released, Moving Into House Across From School
Posted: 5:43 pm PST January 2, 2008
Updated: 6:19 pm PST January 2, 2008

HOQUIAM, Wash. -- Convicted killer Brian Peak is set to be released from prison after serving 14 years for murdering 16-year-old Melanie Santiago in 1987.

Peak is moving in with his mother who lives across the street from a Lincoln Elementary School in Hoquiam.

“It makes me furious, I’ve got two teenagers. There’s a grade school that only goes up to grade six living right across the alley. That scares me to death,” neighbor Mary Anne Myers said.

According to state documents obtained by KIRO 7 Eyewitness News, Peak has been diagnosed as paranoid schizophrenic with a history of failing to take his medication.

According to police, because of the laws at the time of Peak’s conviction, he is allowed to move in with his mother and will not be supervised by the Department of Corrections.

“They're pretty much powerless to do anything to keep an eye on this guy once he’s out and we just want to ensure that the public is safe,” Sgt. Steve Fretts with the Hoquiam Police Department said.

In response to public concern, Hoquiam police created a public bulletin about Peak’s release noting that he has the right to live as a “free man.”

“I don’t think he belongs around the school, I really don’t,” neighbor Dennis Caruthers said.

The superintendent of Hoquiam schools told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News when students return to class on Monday morning letters will be going home to alert parents of the situation.

Maybe someone needs to call this in, just in the case it has been over looked. Is this place far from McCleary? Was he supposed to go to the offender support group?
I wished I lived closer I would do all of these things and more. It is hard to be in another state.
WTH serving 16 years for murder???? What happened to life sentances???
I did not find mention of a police officer convicted of a crime against a child..
I did find Hood Canal

Information on the area here..

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr104hoodcanalbridgeeast/transit/

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/hoodcanal/Hood_Canal.htm

All this information is relative to the information posted by a concerned citizen.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1949 on: July 10, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »

My post above, is relative to this letter that was posted by that concerned citizen..
Brian Peak,located in Hoquiam

ex-police officer convicted of abuse of child lives in Hood Canal   

THIS WAS SENT TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE, I DON'T KNOW THE DETAILS OF THIS CASE BUT WANTED TO PASS THIS MESSAGE ON:
Lora Dockery sent you a message on Facebook...
Friday, July 10, 2009 4:43 PM

Re: SCARED MONKEYS

"They have a few questions they are asking and I think I can help a bit. I put in for membership 4 days ago and am still waiting for approval. They ask about empty homes in the area. I do check ups on Foreclosed homes. There are many in the area. Some unlocked with squatters. Two that I know of are on wildcat and main street. I know there are many that go unlocked at for month es. look for high grass and do not trespass papers posted in the windows. Also When I was in high School my girlfriend was kidnapped off the street at night while walking home at night. She was unfortunately murdered. The murderer was released from Prison around last year only about thirty miles from the town of mccleary. His name is Brian Peak. He lives in Hoquiam wa. I know there are a few other things I have forgotten to answer, but can not remember off the top of my head. Please ask someone to accept my membership. I have been reading the post everyday and when they have a question  I live in Elma and have lived here my whole life. I follow the peto. news in my area and know things about people who are not even listed. My kids range between the ages of 23 and 9. I know of town creeps that have tried to get my older daughter there car. There are more missing children in our area the LE is not mentioning. They have chalked them up to runaways and I'm sure some are. Just the weekend before Lindsy Baum was missing my 17 year old daughter was helping run the teen dance in Elma and there was a mother there with flyer's of her missing 13 year old daughter. She said she had no help from LE as they thought she had run away. As for LE here they tend to have a blind eye to there own. My mother has been a drug and achahol councilor here for over 30 years. There is a police officer that was convicted of rape of a child a few years back. He spent time in prison and now lives as a hermit on the hood canal. Not far from Mccleary. He is super strange!!! My mom says he is really weird. For her to single out this guy as creepy and weird in her line of work is important as she sees creeps all the time. My mother did call and give LE his name. But former LE or currant LE they do tend to turn a blind eye. I know FBI would hopefully not do the same. But I know the local LE DO!!!  My car was hit and run about 4 years ago as it was parked in front of my home. We had family movie night on Fridays. We all heard something but took us a few min. to figure it out. When I opened my door I saw my car in the neighbors yard. I went out and a lady who lives down the street was running in my direction yelling I saw it! It was a white contractors truck with tool boxes in the back. He just backed up put in and drive and sped off. I called the police with the info. I had just bought the car and only had liability insurance on the 2000 KIA. When I felt LE was not doing enough I went to the gas stations down the road and searched for the vehicles that drove by from ten min before the time I made the 911 call to 20 min after. I saw the truck with two passengers and a mangled front bumper drive by. I called the police and told them that I had saw this on the surveillance. They said they would go take a look. I then called back the next day and they had not been there to look at it. I told them in 72 hours this surveillance system tapes over itself. They assured me they would go look. They did not go in time and it was erased. The day after my car was hit my daughter when to school and a boy asked her how her car was. It was odd as we said nothing to anyone but LE and the store. Then my daughter told me the boys mom worked at the school and a local car lot and that her boyfriend drives a Big white truck cause he Builds; houses. I found out his name and went to the bars in town.... 2 of them. and found out he was there. He got in a fight with his Girlfriend and they left about 9pm . The bar is 4 blocks from my home I called 911 at 912 pm . The police did not even question them. They said they had to see the truck wrecked to ask them any questions. This is just one example of how our LE work. Hope to be able to talk to someone soon on scared monkeys. Thank you, Lora "

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:19:54 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1950 on: July 10, 2009, 05:38:53 PM »

Questions for Kara(please Smile)

1)Do the Baum's own or have a"Baum's Dollar Store"in Elma?

2)It was said on the news that Melissa Baum lived in McCleary for 2 years.Why did Lindsey,just this year,start attending McCleary school?

3)Did Josh and Lindsey both attend school in Elma then both switched to school in McCleary at the same time?If yes,was Josh or Lindsey having trouble at school in Elma?

4)Does Lindsey (or Josh)have any friends that live on 6th street or in that general area?

1) No they don't but their close family friend Melissa McCann owns or runs the Elma dollar store.

2&3 I am not sure about. I had not heard of any previous school issues. My daughter just started school here this year as well so I am not aware of what happened the year prior. I can try to ask MB if you'd like though.

4) My daughter says yes her and Lindsey have a friend that lives up on 6th street.
Thanks Kara
You and your family just moved to McCleary this year right?So I understand your kids going to school there this year,but the Baum's have lived in McCleary for 2 years so I was wondering why they didn't attend McCleary school 2 years ago.

2 & 3)If it's not too much trouble,could you ask?

4)I understand you can't name the friend on 6th street but can you tell us if it's a kid we have already discussed here and if it is in the same direction the dog/s tracked Lindsey(not confirmed by LE)?

Also,have you heard anything about how the search went with the new dog search?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1951 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »

Tracy if you have something you think LE should know you can contact them, you don't have to be local. You can call the Grays Harbor Sheriff Office at 1-866-915-8299 or send an email to soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1952 on: July 10, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »

If a mod or admin is strolling through, can you remove Lora's phone number both in the first post and all the quoted posts that it's in. I am sure she didn't expect her number to posted on SM.   jmo

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1953 on: July 10, 2009, 05:47:21 PM »

Tracy if you have something you think LE should know you can contact them, you don't have to be local. You can call the Grays Harbor Sheriff Office at 1-866-915-8299 or send an email to soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us

Thanks pink, I know, I wish I was closer because I would be searching for this child and knocking on doors, talking to people! it is frustrating being this far away!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1954 on: July 10, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1955 on: July 10, 2009, 05:53:27 PM »

Help I cannot find any old articles on the girl which was murdered by Brain Peak. Or even the police offer that was also mentioned. Is there someone with more research skills then I, that can dig them up?

It might be interesting to learn the details, maybe a clue in there somewhere. Thanks in advance!

Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1956 on: July 10, 2009, 05:54:25 PM »

Thank you for reposting that Edward.  I had totally missed Cheerio's posting!  My Goodness, these are serious issues.  Girls going missing and just being considered runaways??  Convicted psychopaths, or whatever the heck he's been diagnosed as, living across from a school?  A larger than average number of SO's who reside around the area.  Young girls setting up provocative Myspace pages.   

Shakin' my head here 

Can't wait to have you with us Lora.  Thank You for finding a way to get your information out!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1957 on: July 10, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »

BUMP

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1958 on: July 10, 2009, 06:03:18 PM »

I did not find mention of a police officer convicted of a crime against a child..
I did find Hood Canal

Information on the area here..

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/projects/sr104hoodcanalbridgeeast/transit/

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Washington/hoodcanal/Hood_Canal.htm

Thanks Edward
Your map seems to show water ways very well....think you can find the 2 creeks in McCleary?
One is supposed to be Jim Mullens creek(I think)and the other is by the Mill there.These may be the same creek?

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1959 on: July 10, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »

Help I cannot find any old articles on the girl which was murdered by Brain Peak. Or even the police offer that was also mentioned. Is there someone with more research skills then I, that can dig them up?

It might be interesting to learn the details, maybe a clue in there somewhere. Thanks in advance!

I'm not that much better at researching but I have been checking since Lora posted and can only find one article on Brian Peak(same one that is posted)and nothing on the girl that was murdered.

Karma Is Coming

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.