March 28, 2024, 11:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770371 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #600 on: July 02, 2009, 09:15:17 PM »

Detectives Round Up Sex Offenders Scamming System
Kevin McCarty
KIRO 7 Eyewitness News

Posted: 5:45 pm PDT July 2, 2009Updated: 5:59 pm PDT July 2, 2009
TACOMA, Wash. -- Pierce County sheriff’s detectives went on a raid Thursday rounding up sex offenders who were scamming the system.

Detectives went after level-three sex offenders who registered as transients, but in fact live in homes.

Thomas Hall, 43, was one of those sex offenders arrested during the raid. In 1990, Hall was convicted of raping a woman. He is required by law to register as a sex offender which he has been doing, but police said like many sex offenders, Hall claims he is homeless.

With that claim, none of his neighbors has been notified that there is a convicted rapist living next door.

“He's been here for 10 years I think. I don't know. That's all I know, that's what he told me. I didn't know he was a sex offender,” said Hall’s neighbor Ko Chaykhame.

Detectives conducted weeks of surveillance to prove that Hall and others like him falsely claim they are transients.

Fred McFate, 27, is a level-three sex offender convicted of child molestation. He registered as homeless, but has been living in an apartment complex right next to small children.

“We've sat here and talked with him and had barbeques and stuff. I mean you'd have never known it by talking to him and stuff he just seemed like a nice quiet kind of person,” said McFate’s neighbor Jim Hoag.

Dustin Case, 20, was convicted of molesting two young boys in 2004 and admitted molesting other children as young as two years old.

Case has allegedly been living in a Tacoma home for months, all the while claiming he was homeless.

In the home detectives found an 18-month-old child identified as Case's son.

Investigators said because he continually lied about being a transient, the sheriff's department had no idea this convicted child molester was now living with a young child of his own.

The child was taken into the custody of Child Protective Services and detectives said the mother, Case's girlfriend, was under the legal age of consent when she became pregnant.

Right now there are 2,855 registered sex offenders in Pierce County alone. Nearly 100 of them claim to be homeless, but investigators said they believe most of them are lying.

Detectives said they will continue to investigate wrongly-registered sex offenders.

“The neighbors have the right to know they are there. The neighbors probably will not be happy about having that kind of person in their neighborhood,” said Sheriff Paul Pastor of the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department.

All of the men arrested on Thursday face charges of failing to register as a sex offender and prison time.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19933738/detail.html

Don't know if the crack down is in response to Lindsey being missing or not. Just found it noteworthy. PotatoHead from over yonder posted the link.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: July 02, 2009, 09:28:48 PM »

Lindsey also loved animals. Melissa said Lindsey’s pet German Shepherd Cadence has been acting depressed since Lindsey vanished.

Dogs have a sense about them..
Dog could be depressed for sense of loss.

Absolutely, even if you're sick, many animals stay so close.  They "know" when something is wrong.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: July 02, 2009, 10:05:12 PM »

I'll add more to the map later

right now I am working on gravel pits, mines, buildings in the woods, caves etc.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #603 on: July 02, 2009, 10:09:48 PM »

Good Evening My Monkeys

I have been thinking of Lindsey all day ..and searching the news.
Something has to shake loose ..something. Someone has to screw up or leave a trail .. something.
She is out there  and I am so praying she is going to come home.
We have had three children come back who were missing for a great length of time ... Alive this year. Not to mention the others who are on our list of Found safe.

Briant Rodriguez
Joshua Childers
Haylee Donathan

Praying for Lindsey

I have a feeling that with all the commotion that comes with 4th of July weekend ..
Someone is going to attempt to Move her .. transport her. I have in my heart (just as her Mother) that Lindsey is still alive.  That they will use the Holiday weekend to try to blend in .. so to speak. Who ever has her knows within the small community she is being looked for * and so are they. So I think that with this weekend coming it would be perfect opportunity for that person to move her even further out .. IF she is still within the city limits. Reminds me of Sandra Cantu.

That Sandra's Body was moved the same day and time as the policeman had his funeral in town.
That all were concentrating on the funeral that was within town... Not knowing of course at that time that Sandra had been kidnapped.

Kara
I would make sure all EYES and EARS are in Full Force from  Friday till End of Monday ... within yours/ Lindsey's house/neighborhood. Many people will have Friday off to kick of the holiday and may take off Monday.

an angelic monkey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: July 02, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »

within 5 miles of mccleary downtown is
potter creek quarry 4 miles
McCleary #2 Quarry apprx 3 miles
unnamed pit 3 miles
smiley pit 3 miles
elma mine?  3 miles
2 gravel pits and another unnamed pit 5 miles
Cloq

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: July 02, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »

ugh was not finished

Cloquallum Creek Pit  6 miles
Elma pit 6 miles
Badger pit 6 miles
Borrow pit 6 miles
landbery pit
johnson pit

hmmmm

schouweiler raod pit and PLANT
wonder what kind of buildings are out there

there are about 24 pits within 10 miles and many many more within about 15 miles or so
most of these are CLOSED.  probably noone ever goes there. 

these are just the ones I am finding. 

some are old quarries, some old gravel pits, some probably are rock crushing places.  there could be old buildings/sheds out around these.

if need be I can get them on a map.  if anyone is going out to look. 

To find me:
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2009, 10:35:02 PM »

Ground Search Suspended For Missing McCleary Girl
Search Intensifies Into Her Online History
Posted: 6:21 pm PDT July 2, 2009
Updated: 6:55 pm PDT July 2, 2009

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- The ground search for a missing Grays Harbor County girl has been suspended, but the search into her Internet history is intensifying.

Lindsey Baum, 10, disappeared June 26 while walking home from Police are now checking entries in her MySpace page and doing a forensic analysis of her computer looking for new clues.

They found an entry from Lindsey a month ago saying, "I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen.”

“That's why we're having the computer looked at now forensically to see if there's any other information that may have been deleted or in some other file we didn't access," said Rick Scott of Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

The initial analysis shows no evidence Lindsey communicated with anyone online that may have been involved in her disappearance.

"This is a really rough day today. It's getting worse every day," said Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum.

Lindsey's mom now thinks it's likely she was taken by someone she knew because she would have fought a stranger.

"She would have clawed them. She would have screamed, somebody would have heard something," Melissa Baum said.

Lindsey’s father, Greg Baum, lives in Tennessee and has been trying to come to McCleary, but is getting ready to deploy to Iraq. On Wednesday, he said he feel helpless, but knows the police are doing all they can.

"Right now, I'm just praying that she's found and she's found safe," Lindsey’s father said.

"I'll never give up. I know she'll come home, it's a matter of when and obviously the sooner the better. I know she's gonna come home,” Melissa Baum said.

Police, crews and volunteers have searched landfills, Dumpsters, creeks and conducted numerous ground searches, but have found no sign of Lindsey. The Mason County Sheriff’s Office is also questioning sex offenders about her disappearance.

Meanwhile, volunteers continue to hand out fliers in an effort to generate tips and keep spreading the word.

Police are asking people to get their facts from the police or media and to not flood the tip line after rumors about the case started circulating overnight.

Three billboards went up Thursday across Western Washington asking for the public’s help with this case.

Lindsey is 4 foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information about Lindsey’s disappearance should call the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office at 1-866-915-8299 or send an e-mail to: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19934096/detail.html
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »

it seems the actual mining claims are about 30 miles north of mccleary.  I can't tell if they are place or hard rock, I would have to research each claim to find out.  claims are allowed sheds to be built on them.

To find me:
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »

Police are asking people to get their facts from the police or media and to not flood the tip line after rumors about the case started circulating overnight.

--------------

I wonder what "rumors" were circulating overnight?

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »

--------------

I wonder what "rumors" were circulating overnight?

well from what I know of little towns they are gossip factories to the max LOL, no telling what people were saying.  but are some of the media any better? 

are they JUST NOW deciding to look at myspace?  I certainly hope they are not JUST NOW realizing what all was on there !!! 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

this is on aberdeen topix.  been awhile. wonder if this person was ever found?  how far is aberdeen.  I notice a lot of the names I looked up in mccleary also had listings in aberdeen

Aug 26, 2008 my friend was in the aberdeen/Hoquiam area a few days ago and is now missing, she was planning on walking to ocean shores by herself and nobody has heard from her in 2 days, her name is sarah holmes, she's 16 years old and she's little, like maybe 5ft 4in. she has short blue and black hair and would probably have a plaid red backpack with her, if anyone knows any information PLEASE let me know, theres a 2000 dollar reward for anybody who finds her

To find me:
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2009, 11:47:35 PM »

Baum's mom to take polygraph 1:29
Lindsey Baum is still missing, and her mother has agreed to take a polygraph in order to assist in the investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/07/02/ng.mom.poly.cnn

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »

I am so confused ..
There is so much conflicting news flying around.

Ok ...this I just found on another missing/exploited site
posted yesterday which would be July 1st, 09
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?s=a9ab2f8a704d2dfa0d8b7ef74ba69080&t=15126&page=16

<snipped>

You are correct, Texanne, this is a logging area and the Capital Forest I mentioned before is criss crossed with logging roads as well as ORV trails. I had heard from a friend who works at the ORV park that someone thinks they saw Lindsey on one of the trails in Capital Forest on Saturday wearing a pink floral bathing suit and with a man on a quad or 3 wheeler. My friend said they've been doing searches in that area and checking every vehicle coming in and out as best they can.

Why has this not been on the news .. proven false??? * not sure ..
If it is True - It is lead it is information ..

I am so perplexed. I am not jumping on a witch hunt either ..but I was trying to find any background info on the minister that said a prayer at the vigil for Lindsey.
Title is Minister and his name Wayne Watne. I have found him everywhere all over the net that he works within Fisheries and Logging and Environment.
I however cannot find him as a Minister " active " on any site for any church. Not even the Evergreen church mentioned in all the newspapers .. in Olympia. I can't find him mentioned on the staff.

He has on his face book that he is a member of Harvest Mission Ministries.
http://www.harvestvisionministries.org/page/page/6528584.htm
which is another type of ministry that travels to Mexico and Africa ((( flash backs of Sandra Cantu )) .... ahhhh  " God Bless Sandra" ... 
He is vaguely mentioned on this site ..not current info any way
I find Dead Ends with him. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »

NANCY GRACE
Aired July 1, 2009 - 20:00:00   ET

GRACE: To Steven Friederich with the "Daily World," tracking dogs could not pick up her scent, and this is after a neighbor that knew her observed her about three blocks from her home?

STEVEN FRIEDERICH, REPORTER, THE DAILY WORLD, COVERING STORY (via phone): Yes, that`s about right. At this point the sheriff`s offices says that they`ve scaled down the number of people that are out there looking for her, and -- from about 45 actual search and rescue experts down to about 23.

And they`re going into targeted areas where they`ve gotten tips. And just like, hey, this is Mariet, children like to hang out, they like to hang out even the creek, by the mill, and that sort of thing.

GRACE: Right. To Mike Brooks, something`s not right because if a child was actually on that street, a tracker dog would have picked up her scent.

MIKE BROOKS, FMR. DC POLICE DETECTIVE SERVED ON FBI TERRORISM TASK FORCE: No, Nancy, you`re absolutely right. The bloodhounds would have picked up a scent and it would have gone so far as to where she went and maybe gotten into a car but, no, there`s no scent whatsoever.

You know we`ve talked about scent evidence before. It can be around for almost a month.

GRACE: And to Matt Zarrell, what more can you tell us?

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE STAFFER, COVERING STORY: They`re searching by every means you can imagine, ground, air, they`ve got a special airplane in the air that`s going to read from the ground using -- infrared. They`re going to use that, read it on the ground and hope to find her that way.

GRACE: Matt, what can you tell me about the mom taking a polygraph?

ZARRELL: Well, reports that the mom came out late last night and said that she wants to take a polygraph. She wants to rule out that she`s involved.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`ve tried to keep the thought of somebody grabbing her out of my mind. She wouldn`t stay out that late after dark. She doesn`t like to be outside by herself.

If somebody does have her, I wish they would just drop her off somewhere where she can get to a pay phone and call 911 or call home so that we can come and get her.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Back out to Mike Brooks, former fed with the FBI. Mike, what do you think?

BROOKS: You know, Nancy, it`s a mystery. I mean did she run away? Apparently there was nothing on her MySpace or her computers at all that indicated she wanted to run away.

You know, just the normal, you know, mom/daughter kind of things. But you know, she`s 10 years old, it just looks like she`s disappeared. Apparently, the one place where she was supposed to go by or she had to walk by, the Shell station, it has video surveillance, that`s turned up negative, too, as of now.

GRACE: Are they absolutely certainly -- back out to Steve Friederich with "The Daily World" joining us from Aberdeen. Are they absolutely certain about the date and the time the neighbor that spotted her, about the date and the time she spotted the little girl?

FRIEDERICH: You know, I asked about that. And the sheriff seems to say yes. I mean, the neighbor knew the child and the neighbor knew the brother. That the neighbor had actually stopped a fight between the two of them, like, shortly beforehand. And the neighbor was on the way to work. She`s a public employee, works for a nearby county.

GRACE: So that`s pretty much confirmed yet the tracking dog is not picking up a scent whatsoever/

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/01/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »

Baum's mom to take polygraph 1:29
Lindsey Baum is still missing, and her mother has agreed to take a polygraph in order to assist in the investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/07/02/ng.mom.poly.cnn

Miss Janet,

"The missing girl's mother, who wanted avoid becoming the center of the investigation, voluntarily took a polygraph test. The father of the girl's best friend, Scott Williams, also volunteered to take the test.

"At their requests polygraphs were given to them. They passed those polygraphs. We're comfortable with the information they've shared with us and comfortable with the timeline they've explained," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott. "

http://www.komonews.com/news/49651607.html

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #615 on: July 03, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »

I am so confused ..
There is so much conflicting news flying around.

Ok ...this I just found on another missing/exploited site
posted yesterday which would be July 1st, 09
http://www.helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?s=a9ab2f8a704d2dfa0d8b7ef74ba69080&t=15126&page=16

<snipped>

You are correct, Texanne, this is a logging area and the Capital Forest I mentioned before is criss crossed with logging roads as well as ORV trails. I had heard from a friend who works at the ORV park that someone thinks they saw Lindsey on one of the trails in Capital Forest on Saturday wearing a pink floral bathing suit and with a man on a quad or 3 wheeler. My friend said they've been doing searches in that area and checking every vehicle coming in and out as best they can.

Why has this not been on the news .. proven false??? * not sure ..
If it is True - It is lead it is information ..

I am so perplexed. I am not jumping on a witch hunt either ..but I was trying to find any background info on the minister that said a prayer at the vigil for Lindsey.
Title is Minister and his name Wayne Watne. I have found him everywhere all over the net that he works within Fisheries and Logging and Environment.
I however cannot find him as a Minister " active " on any site for any church. Not even the Evergreen church mentioned in all the newspapers .. in Olympia. I can't find him mentioned on the staff.

He has on his face book that he is a member of Harvest Mission Ministries.
http://www.harvestvisionministries.org/page/page/6528584.htm
which is another type of ministry that travels to Mexico and Africa ((( flash backs of Sandra Cantu )) .... ahhhh  " God Bless Sandra" ... 
He is vaguely mentioned on this site ..not current info any way
I find Dead Ends with him. 

Deenie, a page or two back the LE said there was rumors circulating overnight, and they caused the tip line to flooded and not to believe anything unless LE or the FBI has said to it be fact.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #616 on: July 03, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »

Actually it's up a few posts from this one. NorthernRose posted it.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #617 on: July 03, 2009, 12:03:34 AM »

Thank You Pink

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #618 on: July 03, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »

Thank You Pink

You are welcome. It has been confusing. So many rumors floating around.

I don't know anything about the minister. Sorry. Other than what was in the media. Perhaps he is a friend of the family?

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: July 03, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »

If I am looking at the map correctly it looks like the church is only a couple of blocks from where she was walking I wonder if she might have went over there for something ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.