March 28, 2024, 09:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770352 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« on: June 28, 2009, 03:57:31 AM »

Small town baffled, alarmed at 10-year-old girl's disappearance

Story Updated: Jun 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM PDT
By Ray Lane and KOMO News Web Staff

MCCLEARY, Wash. - A wide-ranging search is under way for a 10-year-old girl who vanished Friday evening while walking home from a friend's house in this small town set amid forested hills west of Olympia. And now the entire town is worried.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at 9:15 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home.

A volunteer goes door to door, passing out fliers about the missing girl.
"She hasn't been seen or heard from since," Pimentel said.

Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. And as the hours drag by with no sign of her, the girl's family fears she may have been taken by a stranger.

Search teams have been out looking for the girl, using bloodhounds. Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, are calling people who live in the neighborhood and also are going door to door to see if anyone heard or saw anything.

Other searchers are combing the nearby woods on ATVs. Everyone is anxious for any sign of the missing girl.

Pimentel said Lindsey has never been a runaway. "We don't suspect that at this time," he said.

The girl's disappearance has shocked many residents of McCleary, population 1,550, where the biggest employer is a lumber mill that manufactures doors and people know their neighbors.

"We don't know what happened to her yet. All we know is she's missing, and we're taking every effort we can to try and locate her," he added.

Police say it appears Lindsey walked at least part of the way with home with friends, who didn't see anything unusual.

Melissa McCann, a family friend, said, "This is a small town. These things don't happen. And yet here they are. She comes from her friend's (house) a lot, so it doesn't make sense that she didn't show up at home. We're just baffled."

Pimentel said it's strange that nobody saw anything unusual.

"Such a small community like this - you can't do much in a town this size without everybody knowing about it," he said. "Everybody in town knows she's unaccounted for."

Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce.

But with every passing hour, there are mounting worries that the friendly girl who will talk with anybody is in serious trouble.

Lindsey was last seen wearing a gray hooded pullover sweatshirt, with blue jeans and black shoes. She stands about 4-feet-10-inches and weighs about 85 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Grays Harbor 911 Center at (800) 281-6944 or the McCleary Police Department at (360) 495-3107.

http://www.komonews.com/news/49343017.html
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:41:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:02:34 AM »

Police search for 10-year-old McCleary girl

05:39 PM PDT on Saturday, June 27, 2009

McCLEARY, Wash. - A search is under way in the small town of McCleary for a 10-year-old girl who didn't make it home Friday night.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at roughly 9:15 p.m. on Maple Street. She was walking home from a friend's house, and the distance she had to go was only about four blocks.

Family, friends and police are all aiding in the search.

Family members are concerned because she has never run away from home.

"We're hoping that Lindsey's just somewhere out there and she's afraid she's in trouble, and Lindsey you're not in trouble - come home," said Melissa McCann, a friend."If anybody's seen her, send her home."

Courtesy Melissa Baum

A search is under way in the town of McCleary for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

Lindsey is described as 4-foot 9-inches tall and 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a grey pullover hoodie with blue jeans and black shoes.

McCleary Police say she doesn’t have a history of running away, and since there are less than 2,000 people in town, someone would recognize her if she were walking the streets.

Anyone with information should contact the police.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_062709WAB-Mccleary-girl-missig-KS.11d86a7b.html

Interesting comment in the comment section:
MelissaMcCann 3 hours ago wrote:

You people have no right to be judgemental when you dont know the story. this is my best friends kid and i have been here all day. Lindsey wasnt suppose to be alone. her older brother went with her and they got into a arguement and he came back home with out her. she has a cell phone but had left here on the charger as she was to be right back. so instead of thinking your above it all just prayer for her return.. and for those of you who helped today or had nice wishes for the family we appreciate it much. the search will continue with the search dogs at 6 am.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:43:57 AM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/49343017.html
Small town baffled, alarmed at 10-year-old girl's disappearance
Story Published: Jun 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM PDT
By Ray Lane and KOMO News Web Staff
MCCLEARY, Wash. - A wide-ranging search is under way for a 10-year-old girl who vanished Friday evening while walking home from a friend's house in this small town set amid forested hills west of Olympia. And now the entire town is worried.
Lindsey J. Baum was last seen at 9:15 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home.
"She hasn't been seen or heard from since," Pimentel said.
Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. And as the hours drag by with no sign of her, the girl's family fears she may have been taken by a stranger.

Search teams have been out looking for the girl, using bloodhounds. Sheriff's deputies, meanwhile, are calling people who live in the neighborhood and also are going door to door to see if anyone heard or saw anything.

Other searchers are combing the nearby woods on ATVs. Everyone is anxious for any sign of the missing girl.

Pimentel said Lindsey has never been a runaway. "We don't suspect that at this time," he said.

The girl's disappearance has shocked many residents of McCleary, population 1,550, where the biggest employer is a lumber mill that manufactures doors and people know their neighbors.

"We don't know what happened to her yet. All we know is she's missing, and we're taking every effort we can to try and locate her," he added.

Police say it appears Lindsey walked at least part of the way with home with friends, who didn't see anything unusual.

Melissa McCann, a family friend, said, "This is a small town. These things don't happen. And yet here they are. She comes from her friend's (house) a lot, so it doesn't make sense that she didn't show up at home. We're just baffled."

"Such a small community like this - you can't do much in a town this size without everybody knowing about it," he said. "Everybody in town knows she's unaccounted for."

Lindsey's mother admits the 10-year old had been fighting with her brother in the moments before she was last seen, and that Lindsey is still upset about her parent's recent divorce.

But with every passing hour, there are mounting worries that the friendly girl who will talk with anybody is in serious trouble.

Lindsey was last seen wearing a gray hooded pullover sweatshirt, with blue jeans and black shoes. She stands about 4-feet-10-inches and weighs about 85 pounds.
I hope Lindsey is found soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »

4 blocks/9:30 pm/10 year old girl ...... not good 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 02:32:49 PM »

I agree Nut. Even in a small town. Children CAN be snatched even in a small town. It does happen there and everywhere.

-------------

Missing 10-year-old girl's mom: 'A part of me thinks the worst'

Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM PDT
By KOMO Staff

MCCLEARY, Wash. - As the search for a missing 10-year-old girl stretched into its second day in this small mill town, police and family are beginning to fear she may have been kidnapped.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen between 9 and 10 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found.

Volunteers went from door to door, interviewing people and distributing fliers. But no one saw or heard anything. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

The search was resumed Sunday at 6 a.m., but so far with the same futile result as the day before.

Police are hesitant to call the girl's disappearance a case of foul play just yet, but the girl's family fears the worst.

"I've tried to keep the thought of somebody grabbing her out of my mind," says her mother, Melissa Baum.

She says Lindsey argued with her brother on her way to a friend's house Friday night. She talked to her friend for a bit, then started for home as darkness fell.

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15. Another friend even walked her part of the way, but Lindsey never showed up at her home.

Her mother says it's not like her to stay away - especially at night.

"She wouldn't stay out that late after dark. She doesn't like to be outside by herself," Melissa Baum says. "I want to think that everything's OK, but there's a part of me that thinks the worst."

Now hope has turned to anxiety and alarm among frustrated search teams - and the whole town, population 1,550, where everybody knows their neighbors.

The mother is also at a loss.

She says her daughter is upset about her recent divorce, but doesn't have money to run away - and has never tried to run away before. Her mom doubts at this point that Lindsey is trying to hide.

"If somebody does have her, I wish they would just drop her off somewhere where she can get to a pay phone and call 911 or call home, so that we can come and get her," she says, sobbing.

Lindsey was last seen wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover sweatshirt, with blue jeans and black shoes. She has brown eyes, brown hair, and stands about 4-feet-9-inches and weighs about 80 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Grays Harbor 911 Center at (800) 281-6944 or the McCleary Police Department at (360) 495-3107.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

10 Year Old Lindsey J. Baum Missing Since Friday, June 26, 2009 in McCleary, WA

http://missingexploited.com/2009/06/28/10-year-old-lindsey-j-baum-missing-since-friday-june-26-2009-in-mccleary-wa/

The police are hesitant to refer to the missing girl’s disappearance a case of foul play; however, the more time goes by, the greater the possibility.

The short walk home from a friends house in a town so small is a troubling bit of information. We have seen in the past just how fast a drive by abduction can be.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

I pray that Lindsey is found safe but … somehow I do fear the worst.

I live in Canada just across the border from Seattle … a three hour drive. At 9:30 PM last night it was dusk bording on dark. Hubby, friends and I were in the process of exiting a theater. I ask what a ten year old little girl is doing on the streets alone at this time of night.

My eight hear old granddaughter is dropped off or picked up any time of the day or night when playing with her neighborhood friends.

What were the adults in this little girl’s life thinking. At 10 years old she has no means to defend herself.

I am angry

++++++

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girl
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM PDT
By KOMO Staff

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 06:00:02 PM »

I hope the FBI and LE are checking her Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/402470771

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 06:01:22 PM »

This may also be hers

http://www.myspace.com/477760045
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:39 PM »

Klaas

I am clueless in regards to MySpace.

Does this 10 year old little girl have a MySpace account?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »

On her other Myspace she talks about her german shephard:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »

Klaas

I am clueless in regards to MySpace.

Does this 10 year old little girl have a MySpace account?

Janet

Yes 2.  There is no way to stop people from creating Myspace accounts based upon age.  That is up the parent.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 06:16:00 PM »

What this looks like to me is whoever took her, got her login and password to Myspace from HER.  I think the perp is someone they know in town and I'm hoping she's still alive and simply holding her against her will.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »

Janet - with the younger kids, their Myspaces are actually easier to find.  Usually they aren't smart enough to use a fake name when they register. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »

Whoa.  This doesn't look good.  I hope Lindsey can be found safe. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »

Janet - with the younger kids, their Myspaces are actually easier to find.  Usually they aren't smart enough to use a fake name when they register. 

Thanks Klaas

I know my 11 year old grandson has been talking about MySpace so he can communicate with his friends.  Mom and Dad have talked to him explained why they will not afford him the  priviledge at this time and ... he is none too happy.  The same goes with some type of online chat.

Believe me ... the computer is a big reason I would not want to be raising kids today.  It is such a balancing act in determining how far to let out the reins in some areas.

Janet

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »

Thanks Klaas

I know my 11 year old grandson has been talking about MySpace so he can communicate with his friends.  Mom and Dad have talked to him explained why they will not afford him the  priviledge at this time and ... he is none too happy.  The same goes with some type of online chat.

Believe me ... the computer is a big reason I would not want to be raising kids today.  It is such a balancing act in determining how far to let out the reins in some areas.

Janet

I'm affraid where there's a will the kids will find a way.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 06:42:38 PM »

Janet - this is her best friend Kayla's myspace.  Kayla is around the same age as Lindsey.  I've blurred out Kayla's face some but is that a matteress on the floor?  Can you imagine a 10yr old child with a photo like that on Myspace?

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 06:53:19 PM »

Did you read that entry about her feeling something bad is going to happen?

On the 29th of May.

The sign-in could be LE or FBI couldn't it klaas?
Should someone call the tip line and let them know or you think they know? If she created the page at someone else's house, it may not be on her home computer.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »

Janet - this is her best friend Kayla's myspace.  Kayla is around the same age as Lindsey.  I've blurred out Kayla's face some but is that a matteress on the floor?  Can you imagine a 10yr old child with a photo like that on Myspace?

Unbelieveable!

Janet

_____

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.