March 29, 2024, 01:52:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770509 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »

Can a computer savy Monkey tell me whether today's entry on Lindsey's MySpace account can be traced.

Thanks

Janet

Janet,
If they contact myspace and give them a warrant. They can get all the info they need. Like what IP was used to log into the account, when the account was created, if anything was deleted, etc....

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »

I hope the FBI and LE are checking her Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/402470771

I'm disturbed by this.

me too...it says that she is 13...is this Lindsey's myspace and she lied about her age or is it a friends? little confused...and what does "wet" mean?

It is one of Lindsey's, she had two.  She registered them both using her real name. 

thanks Klaas....so she also lied about her age? not a biggie...when you think of what some of these little girls are doing on myspace and sexting on their phones...posing nude or showing body parts...sending them to their boyfriends who forward them on to their friends...can you imagine? I was always so modest at that age, I would have freaked if anyone saw me in my bra! a training bra at that!

Hey ... 52 years ago at the age of 10 years old ... I was not aware of the facts of life and ... nothing was up front to even warrant a training bra.  One year later a friend made me promised on the Bible not to tell and ... then whispered to me what she overhead.  I could not stop laughing.  I told her she was nuts.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2009, 09:52:12 PM »

Can a computer savy Monkey tell me whether today's entry on Lindsey's MySpace account can be traced.

Thanks

Janet

Janet,
If they contact myspace and give them a warrant. They can get all the info they need. Like what IP was used to log into the account, when the account was created, if anything was deleted, etc....

MySpace has created streamlined procedures for law enforcement agencies and officials to obtain critical data that can be used to aid in investigations. MySpace currently publishes a law enforcement guide, which informs law enforcement agencies of these procedures and outlines how they can work with MySpace regarding subpoenas and requests for information.

MySpace also has a special hotline service for law enforcement officials that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MySpace's safety team works directly with law enforcement, answering both emergency and non-emergency calls via the hotline to help in investigations, according to MySpace.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Janet,

Thanks pink angel.

I am praying for a positive outcome.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 09:53:06 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Janet,

MySpace has created streamlined procedures for law enforcement agencies and officials to obtain critical data that can be used to aid in investigations. MySpace currently publishes a law enforcement guide, which informs law enforcement agencies of these procedures and outlines how they can work with MySpace regarding subpoenas and requests for information.

MySpace also has a special hotline service for law enforcement officials that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. MySpace's safety team works directly with law enforcement, answering both emergency and non-emergency calls via the hotline to help in investigations, according to MySpace.
I didn't know all that, thanks.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »

I'm disturbed by this.

me too...it says that she is 13...is this Lindsey's myspace and she lied about her age or is it a friends? little confused...and what does "wet" mean?

It is one of Lindsey's, she had two.  She registered them both using her real name. 

thanks Klaas....so she also lied about her age? not a biggie...when you think of what some of these little girls are doing on myspace and sexting on their phones...posing nude or showing body parts...sending them to their boyfriends who forward them on to their friends...can you imagine? I was always so modest at that age, I would have freaked if anyone saw me in my bra! a training bra at that!

Hey ... 52 years ago at the age of 10 years old ... I was not aware of the facts of life and ... nothing was up front to even warrant a training bra.  One year later a friend made me promised on the Bible not to tell and ... then whispered to me what she overhead.  I could not stop laughing.  I told her she was nuts.

Janet

LOL@Janet!
When I was 10, I was thinking about barbies not boobies.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Janet,

Thanks again.

As I told Klaas earlier ... I am clueless in regards to MySpace.

Janet

Janet

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »

I don't understand myspace either 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »

I'm disturbed by this.

Janet

LOL@Janet!

EXACTLY!!

Even when my Mother announced one day when I was twelve that we were going to go shopping for a training bra ... I resisted.  It was so embarrassing.  I even wore a stretchy undershirt over the bra ... under a very loose fitting blouse ... to make me appear flat.

I rememer my brother spotting my bra in the laundery hamper and held it up showing his friends while he ran around the basement.  I REALLY hated him at that moment.  If thoughts could kill .....

Janet

_____

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »

I'm disturbed by this.

Janet

LOL@Janet!

lol! me too!
funny story Janet...^^^^

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2009, 10:45:39 PM »

Her Myspace has changed.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »

Northern Rose

Are the entries made today by "friends" who have already been accepted by Lindsey?

Janet

_____

KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »

A few comments regarding previous posts:

As far as the walking home at night contrary to what many think at the time Lindsey went missing it was still quite light out side as has been attested to by local police.

The bottom picture of Kayla - No that is not a mattress on the floor it is a pillow and the pic was taken at a girlfriends house when they were hanging out watching movies.

As for Lindsey's Myspace it was a kid (a friend) of Lindsey's that wrote the "I'm on Lindsey's myspace that is cool" as for the mood that is not what everyone appears to think it is it had been set to that previously in reference to a water war the kids all had. So nothing funny there.

Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked from all public library computers or all of their friends homes.

- Lastly, I believe the basis of this forum is suppose to be supportive not trying to throw blame but instead provide support and to also discuss ways of trying to get the missing home safely. I understand sometimes trying to dig out information and hopefully leads and ideas means sometimes hitting where it hurts but please remember that above all else - There Is a Child Missing

It was my house that she left and no one can change the fact that I did not walk her home regardless of how light it was outside and that guilt eats me alive and haunts me every minute that ticks by. I wish it would have been dark out when she left because then I would have walked her home and we would not be here right now. If I could change things I would in a heartbeat but I can't now. As for Lindsey's mom she does not have a car but when she did Lindsey never had to walk home in the dark and she wouldn't, her mom was always right there to pick her up. What ifs do nothing more then make a tough situation more difficult for those of us who love Lindsey and they won't help bring her home...

What if...
One of the 2000 McCleary residents would have been outside and seen her
I had walked her home
I had let her stay the night
someone close had a car
it was one minute earlier/later
it was five minutes later/earlier
it was dark outside when she left
she had been walking with someone
police would have been patrolling that area
every sicko out there wasn't allowed a second chance
she had remembered to bring her phone
the police would have called in help before 12 hours had passed

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »

KaraK, I do not know the agony you and Lindsey's family and friends are enduring.  First and most important, we are praying for Lindsey's safe return and you will find most of the monkeys here to be kind and nurturing.  Words said are as much to ourselves as they are to you or anyone involved in this critical situation.  Yes, it is so much easier to sit on the sidelines and say after the fact what any of us could or should have done.  Kindly know we care and will help any way we can to bring this precious child back home safely.  Please convey to the Baum family and your community our deepest wishes for a joyful outcome.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 02:45:54 AM »

KaraK, I do not know the agony you and Lindsey's family and friends are enduring.  First and most important, we are praying for Lindsey's safe return and you will find most of the monkeys here to be kind and nurturing.  Words said are as much to ourselves as they are to you or anyone involved in this critical situation.  Yes, it is so much easier to sit on the sidelines and say after the fact what any of us could or should have done.  Kindly know we care and will help any way we can to bring this precious child back home safely.  Please convey to the Baum family and your community our deepest wishes for a joyful outcome.

I couldn't have said it better Sister.

KaraK, please know we care deeply about all the missing and their family and friends. We want nothing more than for Lindsey to be found and brought home safe to the people that love her and miss her.

My thoughts and prayers are with Lindsey, her family, with you and your family and your community.

Many of us have our own blogs, myspaces, facebooks, etc...we are helping spread the word to help and get Lindsey's name and picture out there.

If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2009, 03:00:46 AM »

every sicko out there wasn't allowed a second chance
the police would have called in help before 12 hours had passed

These 2 "what ifs" are what makes me angry. We see it every day here at SM. Either a sex offender being involved with a missing child or law enforcement not moving quickly enough, not issuing an alert quick enough or not at all, assuming a child under 12 is a run away and dragging their heals.

The Amber Alert criteria needs to be re-evaluated because Amber Alerts work. They may not have a vehicle or a suspect to flash a picture of but they sure can get the child's name and picture out there IMMEDIATELY! Not 4 hours later or 12 hours later when the child could be a state away or worse.

They also need to make sure the sickos are locked up for a long time and if they let the monsters out, track them with GPS like the animals that they are. I am sick of the monsters having all the rights and our children not having any!!

KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 03:04:05 AM »

Thank you very much for your kindness. It is appreciated. I really want people to understand that it was light outside when she left otherwise I would have never let her walk home and neither would her mom. I have 4 children of my own and Lindsey was like our own. As parents we should have been more careful and given them less freedom- we see that now and understand peoples frustrations and we are now paying dearly for that but if you look at McCleary - things like this just don't happen if you check out the stats for here you'll understand that we all really thought our kids were safe. So little goes on here that everyone doesn't know about. The Sgt. here grew up here and in his years we've never had a kid go missing - unless it was a runaway and even then they were all found quickly.

Lindsey's mom lost her sole source of transportation (it broke down) and they were barely getting by but her mom works hard and has found a way to continue to commute to the job she has had to keep to make it and take care of her kids which she loves so much and was constantly checking on Lindsey and having her check in. She is sitting outside her home right now hour after hour praying for some news and nothing comes - no leads - no news - no clue what happened -being told there is nothing that we can do to help. And all the while she still has to care for her son. I wouldn't dare try to say I know what she is going through but I know when she searches online hoping to find a bit of news that someone failed to update us on and it breaks her heart when she runs across the adversity. Mine too.

People on other sites are dissecting Lindsey's MySpace profiles and that of my daughters as well and I don't blame them but they don't know these girls for real. MySpace was their way of being cool and living outside the box - that's all. We are not perfect parents but we love our children and they may have their issues (as most kids do) but they are good kids.

I will pass on your well wishes for a safe return and again - Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 03:41:44 AM »

Thank you very much for your kindness. It is appreciated. I really want people to understand that it was light outside when she left otherwise I would have never let her walk home and neither would her mom. I have 4 children of my own and Lindsey was like our own. As parents we should have been more careful and given them less freedom- we see that now and understand peoples frustrations and we are now paying dearly for that but if you look at McCleary - things like this just don't happen if you check out the stats for here you'll understand that we all really thought our kids were safe. So little goes on here that everyone doesn't know about. The Sgt. here grew up here and in his years we've never had a kid go missing - unless it was a runaway and even then they were all found quickly.

Lindsey's mom lost her sole source of transportation (it broke down) and they were barely getting by but her mom works hard and has found a way to continue to commute to the job she has had to keep to make it and take care of her kids which she loves so much and was constantly checking on Lindsey and having her check in. She is sitting outside her home right now hour after hour praying for some news and nothing comes - no leads - no news - no clue what happened -being told there is nothing that we can do to help. And all the while she still has to care for her son. I wouldn't dare try to say I know what she is going through but I know when she searches online hoping to find a bit of news that someone failed to update us on and it breaks her heart when she runs across the adversity. Mine too.

People on other sites are dissecting Lindsey's MySpace profiles and that of my daughters as well and I don't blame them but they don't know these girls for real. MySpace was their way of being cool and living outside the box - that's all. We are not perfect parents but we love our children and they may have their issues (as most kids do) but they are good kids.

I will pass on your well wishes for a safe return and again - Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

My heart goes out to you. I can hear your pain in your words.

Most of us monkeys have been following missing person cases a long time. Some of us have had missing loved ones, some of us have known someone who was missing, many of us have took part in searching for a missing person listed on this forum (either on the ground or helping with donations for the volunteers) and all of us are advocates for the missing. We care, we love, we pray and we have hope that all these pages of missing people will find their way home, no matter what.

In caring and following so many cases, we know what you are just learning so painfully. That it does happen even in small towns. That it can happen in the blink of an eye. That the internet can be a dangerous place for young children. There are so many evil people out there and children trust so easily. What seems like a a "cool friend" that you talk to online, can easily be a 40 year old sicko...pretending to be a 12 year old girl.

It's a shame that we live in a world that are children are not even safe in their own backyard.

We look at each new missing person and we talk amongst ourselves, batting around ideas, looking for clues and trying to help in whatever way we can. It isn't always pretty for family members or friends to read. I am sorry for that. It can come across as harsh and unfeeling...which is the furthest from the truth.
Please know it isn't because we don't care. It's because we do care.

We celebrate with joy each time a missing loved one is found safe and we grieve and cry when a missing loved one is recovered.

We never give up hope. We want them all to be found.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 04:31:59 AM »

I couldn't have said it better Sister.

KaraK, please know we care deeply about all the missing and their family and friends. We want nothing more than for Lindsey to be found and brought home safe to the people that love her and miss her.

My thoughts and prayers are with Lindsey, her family, with you and your family and your community.

Many of us have our own blogs, myspaces, facebooks, etc...we are helping spread the word to help and get Lindsey's name and picture out there.

If there is anything we can do to help, just let us know.

I agree.  The tears have not stopped flowing since clicking on this thread.  I am glad to know about her myspace and what it meant.  I agree it is hard to monitor our children or what they see.  In school 2 years ago, my son saw a nude woman on the computer in the library there, even with all of the filters they have.  My son had an aide with him, he has autism, and quickly changed the screen after covering my son's face.  My son did not type in anything inappropriate.  This was middle school.  They never even told me about the incident, even though I sent a communication book in every day and someone wrote in the book that day.  Luckily, my son told me.  If he did not have autism, he probably would have been too embarrassed, he tells me everything, so far...

The people here really do try to help.  Some are born scolders, this may not help the current case, but there are people out there that may read this thread that do not know what kids do today.  That may help the next child from being missing after reading that.  I would not like to see things like that when I know what the real situation is.  We don't know everything.  In a way that is good because we can look at things from all angles. 

I have been thinking about you, in particular, and how much pain you must be in.  I am praying for you, your family, Lindsey and her family and friends.  Please hang in there.

We really do care.  We have all kinds of people here and each have their own way of showing it.

Please communicate with us on a regular basis and tell us what we can do each step of the way. 

Hopefully the next communication with you will be that she is alive and well.  Miracles happen every day.  I am praying for one for Lindsey's family and friends.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2009, 09:14:38 AM »

KaraK  my heart goes out to your family and that of Lindsey's.  I pray for her safe return and that the family can remain strong until then.  The Amber Alert system may work at times but I feel it fails more times than works when every second counts.  Lindsey's brother must be going through his own guilt right now that he was not there to walk her home and my heart goes out to that young man. 

What if's will only eat you alive and though I have done what if's many times in my life it has never made anything better nor solved things.  Please know we have huge hearts and are passionate about children and their safety.  If there is anything we can do to assist let us know as there are so many monkeys with great skills that can help. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.