March 28, 2024, 03:13:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770278 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »

I had that feeling ...  LE better figure out who updated her web page..

yes, and who is setting up all those sites for these young girls. The ones their families do "not" know about

dd - the young girls are setting them up themselves, 10 year olds know more than most adults do when it comes to computers nowadays. They lie about their age, as most sites require you be 13 to sign up, they set them up at friend's house (who's parents may not notice or care) they set them up at school or at the public library.

They find a way.

I am not naive to what 10 yr olds CAN do or WILL do.  I just believe in this instance it is something way more than that.  just my opinion.  I won't say any more about what I think, and probably have said to much already, but I sure hope the feds are checking this out, that girl's pic is floating all over out there and anyone with half a brain ends up with her name and address.  A predator's heaven!!! grrr.  heck it is even over on a trucker site.  how nice
I don't understand, I guess I'm naive, did she put her picture all over, or someone else  None of this makes sense, but I will say I got a horrible feeling come over me yesterday when I saw the myspace page with the shepherd on it.

feisty, one of Lindsey's little friends...changed her avatar picture to Lindsey's picture. Much like mine at facebook, is Nevaeh's.

So anyone feisty is friends with....friends, family, Lindsey's picture is popping up.
Thank-you, I see. I know she is only ten, but could she have an older boyfriend, and she is with him, I doubt it, but anything is possible.

::wide eyes:: I guess anything IS possible. I hope she is safe, somewhere. I hope they find her or she decides to come home or call if she is out there.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

I would as well like to know more about the brother.   If the comments on the other site are even close to accurate than he is a troubled sole.  IF he has acted out with previous physical aggression towards Lindsey than there is a possibility that the fight they had could be key to the events which took place as she was walking home.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2009, 11:58:53 PM »

checking on news....Did anything come about with why the dogs didn't pick up a scent? If she walked to the home there would be that scent right? so no matter whay there would be a scent to and/or from the homes? So besides LE withholding information which is very possible, why would this happen?

Did someone watch Lindsey walk away? I didn't read that, but could have missed it. It always amazes me how a person can just vanish into thin air.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »

I live a three hour drive north of Seattle in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia.  At 9:30 PM tonight ... the sun had set.  There is not way a ten year old child should be on the streets alone ... at any time of the day but ... at night.

In Canada it is illegal to leave children under the age of thirteen years without adult supervision in any situation.  My grandson is 11 years of age ... his brother is 9 years old  and ... both these boys have never has he been in a situation ... an environment where a care-giver is not within calling range.

We are not talking about a teenager where the reins have to been let out to some extent.  We are talking about a child whose every action should have been monitored.

I know that two mothers are hurting terribly ... I am not heartless but ... at the moment my heart goes out to a little girl who was allowed to walk the streets at 9:15 at night and ... had no way to defend herself against the danger that lurks.

Sincerely, Janet.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »

Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished

JEREMY PAWLOSKI; The Olympian | • Published June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – Police in this community of about 1,500 had no leads Monday on what happened to 10-year-old Lindsey Baum after she left her friend’s house on Maple Street by herself Friday evening to walk about a half-mile to her home on Mommsen Road.

On the third day of a massive search for the girl, a National Guard helicopter and a team of about 20 search-and-rescue officials, including dog teams, scoured the town. Members of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Dive Team also joined the search, looking in creeks and ponds, to no avail.

The mother of Lindsey’s 10-year-old best friend said Lindsey’s disappearance hasn’t really sunk in for her daughter.

“I don’t think she quite understands the seriousness of it,” said Kara Kempen on Monday in front of her home.

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn’t gone down.

Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

LOOKING BACK

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day – a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

Kempen said her daughter Michaela had spent Friday with Lindsey and a group of other girls, swimming at a friend’s pool before they returned to the home on Maple Street. Kempen said her daughter and Lindsey were “almost inseparable” and loved to spend time together talking about “10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.”

Kempen described Lindsey as a “chatterbox.” “She’s very, very talkative,” Kempen said. “One of those girls who only takes a breath when she absolutely has to.”

Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

Cunningham called Lindsey “a smart little girl.”

“I just don’t see her willingly getting in a stranger’s car,” Cunningham said. “She’s too smart for that.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Sgt. Jim Dunn of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office said Monday afternoon that there are still bodies of water that the dive team has not checked, including swamps southwest of town.

Scott said 25 law enforcement officers, including the agents from Seattle, were participating in the investigation.

Scott said investigators can’t rule out the possibility that Baum was abducted, or that she may have simply run off. He said investigators are desperately trying to find information that can narrow their search. “We don’t have a most-likely scenario at this point,” he said.

SEARCH SO FAR

At the command center Monday at the McCleary Police Department, a binder of mugshots belonging to Grays Harbor sex offenders was earmarked with pieces of paper to show offenders with a registered address in McCleary. A sheet of citizen interviews from a neighborhood canvass was stacked on the counter.

Scott said investigators are still following up by interviewing not only sex offenders who live in town, but transient sex offenders and offenders who have connections to McCleary. So far none of those interviews has yielded any concrete leads, he said.

Investigators have taken Lindsey’s computer into evidence, Scott added. Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads, he said.

A search of Lindsey’s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie “Twilight,” Scott said.

“Lindsey’s a very outgoing, very independent girl,” Scott said. “She’s socially active in her peer group.”

Scott said detectives have contacted Lindsey’s father in Tennesee, and there are no custodial issues between him and Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum. There is no reason to believe he had anything to do with Lindsey’s disappearance, Scott said.

Lindsey turns 11 on July 7, Scott said.

Police did not issue an Amber Alert for Lindsey after her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. Friday, Scott said. Scott said an Amber Alert wasn’t issued because police had – and still have – no evidence that she was abducted.

The search for Lindsey continues today, Scott said. “We’ve been working everybody until the early evenings to the point of exhaustion,” Scott added.

Scott said “there hasn’t been a case like this for years anywhere in the county.”

Melissa Fulton, a McCleary hair stylist, said many local residents feel comfortable letting their children play outside or ride bikes around town until dark.

Said Cunningham at the DVD rental store, “I think that’s changed today. As of now I just think everybody’s had the biggest rude awakening of their lives.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2009, 07:56:18 AM »

VIDEO: Search Expands For Missing Washington Girl
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/19894315/index.html
Yikes,in part of this video with the searchers walking.....is part of this route the route Lindsey would have walked?Looks really woodsy and rural.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2009, 08:09:30 AM »

Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished

JEREMY PAWLOSKI; The Olympian | • Published June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – Police in this community of about 1,500 had no leads Monday on what happened to 10-year-old Lindsey Baum after she left her friend’s house on Maple Street by herself Friday evening to walk about a half-mile to her home on Mommsen Road.

On the third day of a massive search for the girl, a National Guard helicopter and a team of about 20 search-and-rescue officials, including dog teams, scoured the town. Members of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Dive Team also joined the search, looking in creeks and ponds, to no avail.

The mother of Lindsey’s 10-year-old best friend said Lindsey’s disappearance hasn’t really sunk in for her daughter.

“I don’t think she quite understands the seriousness of it,” said Kara Kempen on Monday in front of her home.

The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn’t gone down.

Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

LOOKING BACK

Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day – a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.

Kempen said her daughter Michaela had spent Friday with Lindsey and a group of other girls, swimming at a friend’s pool before they returned to the home on Maple Street. Kempen said her daughter and Lindsey were “almost inseparable” and loved to spend time together talking about “10-year-old girl stuff, boys and music, school occasionally.”

Kempen described Lindsey as a “chatterbox.” “She’s very, very talkative,” Kempen said. “One of those girls who only takes a breath when she absolutely has to.”

Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

Cunningham called Lindsey “a smart little girl.”

“I just don’t see her willingly getting in a stranger’s car,” Cunningham said. “She’s too smart for that.”

WHAT’S NEXT

Sgt. Jim Dunn of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office said Monday afternoon that there are still bodies of water that the dive team has not checked, including swamps southwest of town.

Scott said 25 law enforcement officers, including the agents from Seattle, were participating in the investigation.

Scott said investigators can’t rule out the possibility that Baum was abducted, or that she may have simply run off. He said investigators are desperately trying to find information that can narrow their search. “We don’t have a most-likely scenario at this point,” he said.

SEARCH SO FAR

At the command center Monday at the McCleary Police Department, a binder of mugshots belonging to Grays Harbor sex offenders was earmarked with pieces of paper to show offenders with a registered address in McCleary. A sheet of citizen interviews from a neighborhood canvass was stacked on the counter.

Scott said investigators are still following up by interviewing not only sex offenders who live in town, but transient sex offenders and offenders who have connections to McCleary. So far none of those interviews has yielded any concrete leads, he said.

Investigators have taken Lindsey’s computer into evidence, Scott added. Police have checked her MySpace page and the phone numbers she dialed and received on her cell phone without finding any new leads, he said.

A search of Lindsey’s MySpace page showed only the typical postings of a 10-year-old girl, things that showed her affinity for the movie “Twilight,” Scott said.

“Lindsey’s a very outgoing, very independent girl,” Scott said. “She’s socially active in her peer group.”

Scott said detectives have contacted Lindsey’s father in Tennesee, and there are no custodial issues between him and Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum. There is no reason to believe he had anything to do with Lindsey’s disappearance, Scott said.

Lindsey turns 11 on July 7, Scott said.

Police did not issue an Amber Alert for Lindsey after her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m. Friday, Scott said. Scott said an Amber Alert wasn’t issued because police had – and still have – no evidence that she was abducted.

The search for Lindsey continues today, Scott said. “We’ve been working everybody until the early evenings to the point of exhaustion,” Scott added.

Scott said “there hasn’t been a case like this for years anywhere in the county.”

Melissa Fulton, a McCleary hair stylist, said many local residents feel comfortable letting their children play outside or ride bikes around town until dark.

Said Cunningham at the DVD rental store, “I think that’s changed today. As of now I just think everybody’s had the biggest rude awakening of their lives.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

2 things that bother me
1)I have read different reports about the brother.....he was walking her home from friends house,they argued and he left her walking alone.
Brother was walking her to the friends house,they argued and he left her walking alone.Now they argued earlier and brother left the house before Lindsey left to go to friends house.
2)Why did Mom wait until 10:50 pm to report Lindsey missing?
I have a few other questions but won't post them yet but this one bothers me a lot.I would think if Lindsey wasn't home by 9:30 pm at the latest......they would have alerted police sooner....anyway,it's almost as if 10 year old Lindsey was allowed to walk the streets until 9-10-11 at night.

Karma Is Coming

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2009, 08:11:47 AM »

Yikes,in part of this video with the searchers walking.....is part of this route the route Lindsey would have walked?Looks really woodsy and rural.

There is a map a page or two back. Her walk was pretty residential with a few businesses she may have passed. However, there is a lot of wooded areas, ponds, creeks, marshes, around the area.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2009, 08:12:11 AM »

I am not good with maps but I know there are Monkeys here who are.Can someone do a Google map(birds eye view)of the route Lindsey would have walked and post a link to it?

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »

There is a map a page or two back. Her walk was pretty residential with a few businesses she may have passed. However, there is a lot of wooded areas, ponds, creeks, marshes, around the area.
Thank you Pink
Do you know her address and the friends house address?I'd like to look at a birds eye view of her route....like a road view.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2009, 08:16:59 AM »

Also in the last article posted they mentioned a security camera at a Shell station(?)they checked and no sign of her on that.Some articles say a friend/friends walked her part way home.I am wondering if anyone walked her part way home,where did they stop walking her and where is this Shell station on her route.

Karma Is Coming

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2009, 08:17:04 AM »

Lindsey's friend's is approx 4 blocks from Lindsey's house, and is on MAPLE St.  I could not find the exact address so went to 4th street intersection.  It is probably closer than that as Maple runs into 3rd to jog over to Mommens. 
When you blow up the google map, 3rd shows as the old highway you see on this map(in yellow).  I don't know if you walk down the old highway or not, or if there is a parellel street which is 3rd. 

Memmons also turns into Fir Street then back into Memmons, but you don't see it on this map.  So this map might be a little bit off.  I will fix it later if we find out it in not exactly correct but this shows us basically where Lindsey was walking. 

I will use this map as a blank and keep adding anything we find of interest.

BUMPING MAP FOR KARMA.

It was still light there at 9:15. The sun was just starting to set. Kara, Lindsey's friends mom.....posted here on page four. IIRC

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2009, 08:21:09 AM »

Lindsey's friend's is approx 4 blocks from Lindsey's house, and is on MAPLE St.  I could not find the exact address so went to 4th street intersection.  It is probably closer than that as Maple runs into 3rd to jog over to Mommens. 
When you blow up the google map, 3rd shows as the old highway you see on this map(in yellow).  I don't know if you walk down the old highway or not, or if there is a parellel street which is 3rd. 

Memmons also turns into Fir Street then back into Memmons, but you don't see it on this map.  So this map might be a little bit off.  I will fix it later if we find out it in not exactly correct but this shows us basically where Lindsey was walking. 

I will use this map as a blank and keep adding anything we find of interest.

BUMPING MAP FOR KARMA.

It was still light there at 9:15. The sun was just starting to set. Kara, Lindsey's friends mom.....posted here on page four. IIRC
Thanks Pink
I saw that earlier and saw where Kara posted.I was hoping for more of a real street view of the route....I'll try to find one.

Karma Is Coming

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:45 AM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=maple+st.,+mccleary,+wa&sll=47.055183,-123.266344&sspn=0.013917,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=47.054102,-123.266344&spn=0.006959,0.01929&t=h&z=16

She was walking four block on Maple ST to Mommsen ST

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2009, 09:04:53 AM »

Thank you Pink
That's the same map I just looked at but it won't give me a birds eye view....but I can still see her route pretty good.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:25 AM »

Thank you Pink
That's the same map I just looked at but it won't give me a birds eye view....but I can still see her route pretty good.

Also I read earlier in this thread that she would have walked by a hospital but on the map the hospital is actually behind her house on Mommsen,in the opposite direction of her walk.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »

I'll try and post this map and hope I don't blow the margins.....the red star is Lindsey's home,I don't know how far she had to walk on Maple.There is also a big park she would have to past before reaching home.

Karma Is Coming

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2009, 09:22:06 AM »

I'll try and post this map and hope I don't blow the margins.....the red star is Lindsey's home,I don't know how far she had to walk on Maple.There is also a big park she would have to past before reaching home.

OK,yikes,that didn't work well.....here's a street view map below....
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Mccleary%2C+Grays+Harbor&state=WA&address=319+E+Mommsen+St+&zipcode=98557#a/maps/l::319+E+Mommsen+St:McCleary:WA:98557-9542:US:47.055683:-123.262305:address:Grays+Harbor+County:1/m:hyb:12:47.055683:-123.262322:0:::::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2009, 09:30:23 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

I was just listening to the Seattle News (KIRO/KING?)  A surveillance video from a service station that Lindsey would have walked by on her way home was checked ... no Lindsey.  Apparently other surveillance videos from establishments along the route are now in the process of being viewed.

Janet
6:30 AM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2009, 09:35:55 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

I was just listening to the Seattle News (KIRO/KING?)  A surveillance video from a service station that Lindsey would have walked by on her way home was checked ... no Lindsey.  Apparently other surveillance videos from establishments along the route are now in the process of being viewed.

Janet
6:30 AM PT
Thanks. And again in another article mention of a fight with her brother. (Lindsey left her cell phone at home before leaving to play with friends Friday, said Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott. Lindsey’s older brother had left the Maple Street residence before his sister after the two had a dispute over the bike Lindsey had borrowed from him that day – a common occurrence between frequently squabbling siblings, Scott added.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.