March 29, 2024, 07:56:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770594 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

Thanks Pink Angel!

Interesting comment by Melissa:

"If we can find her," she said, "we can work through anything."
I thought so also 

I read that to mean that if Lindsey was a runaway and came home, that they could work through it. jmo

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »

"My 12-year-old son thinks it’s his fault because they had a minor argument."

http://**/articles/2009/06/30/local_news/doc4a4a53f8addf4694664243.txt

That answers one of the questions...
It sure does, and if that is true about juvie, he is very young.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2009, 04:20:09 PM »

I agree.

Last night I questioned an 11 year old son ... of longtime neighbours ... when he came to the door collecting lap pledges in regard to the swim team he is on.  His father was waiting for him at the bottom of the driveway.  Out of curiosity ... considering he has three older siblings ... I questioned him if he knew of anybody in "juvie".  He did not have a clue what I was talking about ... what the terminology implied.

Monkeys ... it appears that the lifestyle in our small close-knit community does not reflect the relaxed lifestyle in McCleary, Washington.  That may be the reason I am not comprehending this entire situation.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2009, 04:35:06 PM »

I agree.

Last night I questioned an 11 year old son ... of longtime neighbours ... when he came to the door collecting lap pledges in regard to the swim team he is on.  His father was waiting for him at the bottom of the driveway.  Out of curiosity ... considering he has three older siblings ... I questioned him if he knew of anybody in "juvie".  He did not have a clue what I was talking about ... what the terminology implied.

Monkeys ... it appears that the lifestyle in our small close-knit community does not reflect the relaxed lifestyle in McCleary, Washington.  That may be the reason I am not comprehending this entire situation.

Janet

I have never known anyone in juvie either, and have no idea the age, I thought this boy was very young for such a thing, but I really don't know.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »

A few comments regarding previous posts:

As far as the walking home at night contrary to what many think at the time Lindsey went missing it was still quite light out side as has been attested to by local police.

The bottom picture of Kayla - No that is not a mattress on the floor it is a pillow and the pic was taken at a girlfriends house when they were hanging out watching movies.

As for Lindsey's Myspace it was a kid (a friend) of Lindsey's that wrote the "I'm on Lindsey's myspace that is cool" as for the mood that is not what everyone appears to think it is it had been set to that previously in reference to a water war the kids all had. So nothing funny there.

Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked from all public library computers or all of their friends homes.
- Lastly, I believe the basis of this forum is suppose to be supportive not trying to throw blame but instead provide support and to also discuss ways of trying to get the missing home safely. I understand sometimes trying to dig out information and hopefully leads and ideas means sometimes hitting where it hurts but please remember that above all else - There Is a Child Missing

It was my house that she left and no one can change the fact that I did not walk her home regardless of how light it was outside and that guilt eats me alive and haunts me every minute that ticks by. I wish it would have been dark out when she left because then I would have walked her home and we would not be here right now. If I could change things I would in a heartbeat but I can't now. As for Lindsey's mom she does not have a car but when she did Lindsey never had to walk home in the dark and she wouldn't, her mom was always right there to pick her up. What ifs do nothing more then make a tough situation more difficult for those of us who love Lindsey and they won't help bring her home...

What if...
One of the 2000 McCleary residents would have been outside and seen her
I had walked her home
I had let her stay the night
someone close had a car
it was one minute earlier/later
it was five minutes later/earlier
it was dark outside when she left
she had been walking with someone
police would have been patrolling that area
every sicko out there wasn't allowed a second chance
she had remembered to bring her phone
the police would have called in help before 12 hours had passed

Bumping this up for those that may not have seen it when posted earlier.
I'm not trying to argue with anyone here,honestly but Kara states that both girls were not supposed to be accessing MySpace,that they still did it thru the library and some of thier homes yet....it looks to me like Lindsey herself was posting comments on Kara's own MySpace page months ago?
Again,I'm not trying to start trouble for anyone but that doesn't make sense to me so I think I'll just keep quiet and see what happens.I hope they do find Lindsey safe very soon,she is in my prayers.

this is the very same thing I noticed right off too.  they are "friends" on the very myspaces belonging to the people who say the girls are not suppose to be on there and no one knew about it.  I too just decided to be quiet until someone else "got it".  thanks.  should we just be quiet about what we are finding?  because it is not going over well?  I am really wonderig, do I just sit and say nothing about what I think because it might not go over very well?  or should I just say it?  ugh. 

sorrry but I see what I see.  glad you posted that, I don't feel so awful about thinking the same thing now. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »

Has anyone found anything to confirm that her brother WAS going to juvie?  Sometimes younger sisters just wish for things like that, but in reality it's not.

Are we sure that the brother was being abusive towards his sister or was it just sibling fighting?

I get a bad feeling about this as well, but I think we should reserve judgement until we have a few more facts.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2009, 04:50:34 PM »

As far as the walking home at night contrary to what many think at the time Lindsey went missing it was still quite light out side as has been attested to by local police.

The bottom picture of Kayla - No that is not a mattress on the floor it is a pillow and the pic was taken at a girlfriends house when they were hanging out watching movies.

As for Lindsey's Myspace it was a kid (a friend) of Lindsey's that wrote the "I'm on Lindsey's myspace that is cool" as for the mood that is not what everyone appears to think it is it had been set to that previously in reference to a water war the kids all had. So nothing funny there.

Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked from all public library computers or all of their friends homes.
- Lastly, I believe the basis of this forum is suppose to be supportive not trying to throw blame but instead provide support and to also discuss ways of trying to get the missing home safely. I understand sometimes trying to dig out information and hopefully leads and ideas means sometimes hitting where it hurts but please remember that above all else - There Is a Child Missing

It was my house that she left and no one can change the fact that I did not walk her home regardless of how light it was outside and that guilt eats me alive and haunts me every minute that ticks by. I wish it would have been dark out when she left because then I would have walked her home and we would not be here right now. If I could change things I would in a heartbeat but I can't now. As for Lindsey's mom she does not have a car but when she did Lindsey never had to walk home in the dark and she wouldn't, her mom was always right there to pick her up. What ifs do nothing more then make a tough situation more difficult for those of us who love Lindsey and they won't help bring her home...

What if...
I had walked her home
someone close had a car

I'm not trying to argue with anyone here,honestly but Kara states that both girls were not supposed to be accessing MySpace,that they still did it thru the library and some of thier homes yet....it looks to me like Lindsey herself was posting comments on Kara's own MySpace page months ago?
Again,I'm not trying to start trouble for anyone but that doesn't make sense to me so I think I'll just keep quiet and see what happens.I hope they do find Lindsey safe very soon,she is in my prayers.

this is the very same thing I noticed right off too.  they are "friends" on the very myspaces belonging to the people who say the girls are not suppose to be on there and no one knew about it.  I too just decided to be quiet until someone else "got it".  thanks.  should we just be quiet about what we are finding?  because it is not going over well?  I am really wonderig, do I just sit and say nothing about what I think because it might not go over very well?  or should I just say it?  ugh. 

sorrry but I see what I see.  glad you posted that, I don't feel so awful about thinking the same thing now. 

Doubledecker, you should post what you are finding.  Facts are facts.  From what I could see Lindsey was posting on Kara's site.  Perhaps the girls were supposed to only be going on familys sites...I don't know...after all the nasty things said about the mother of Victoria Stafford, I'm alot more hesitant to point fingers and say nasty things.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #227 on: June 30, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »

What if...
I had walked her home
someone close had a car

I noticed that too and bit my tongue. I am reassured by what the police said in the article I posted on the page before:

Investigators have searched Lindsey’s computer, her e-mail and MySpace pages but have found nothing suspicious and no messages that she intended to run away.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #228 on: June 30, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »

Has anyone found anything to confirm that her brother WAS going to juvie?  Sometimes younger sisters just wish for things like that, but in reality it's not.

Are we sure that the brother was being abusive towards his sister or was it just sibling fighting?

I get a bad feeling about this as well, but I think we should reserve judgement until we have a few more facts.

It said in the article a page or two back that a neighbor saw them arguing and sent the brother on his way. The argument took place on the way to the friends house.

Nothing has been said about the brother and juvie. Other than the mention on Lindsey's myspace.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: June 30, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

I am in no way trying to be nasty or to "blame" anyone for mistakes they might make in thier lives; God knows I have made plenty of my own and I was never a saint by any means.  So many things in my life I had no idea the impact they would have on others or what being careless might lead to.  I know so much more about life now and what is and is not appropriate, and believe I learned many hard lessons along the line.  Did I appreciate people pointing them out while I was doing them NO I did not and would be the first to tell people to __ off and not worry about what I was or was not doing.  I believe anyone and everyone makes some really big boo boos in their lives, that is just how life is.  we live, we hopefully learn from whatever it is we might do that is something we might should not do.  So for me to say anything with the "intent" of just trying to point at something someone might have done which might not be what I think they should or should not have done, is not what I am doing at all.  I care about people no matter what, but when you see something that might cause something, it is a good thing to point it out so the person might realize it is not the best thing in the world to be doing.  Yes, it makes people mad, and that is understandable, but to sit and just say nothing is not good either.  its none of my business what adults do, if they choose to allow their kids on the net, it is none of my business, and each child is different in what they can handle and be responsible or whatever. 

But here is what I am seeing(and obviously I am not the only one seeing it). 

These girls WERE on the myspace, AND someone had to KNOW THEY WERE, because they are on their myspace pages and the pages of their friends.  so to say no one knew they were on there is crazy.  So what other sites were they on under what names?  someone needs to look and find where all these girls photos and names are floating around with mccleary was attached to them.  We have a town of 1500 people with a first and last name of young girls.  If I can find where they live, so can some weirdo. 

I am pretty liberal when it comes to allowing kids to have some responsibilities of their own, IF the kids can handle it.  Maybe these girls could handle it to some extent.  Maybe they were allowed on there.  Maybe no one realized what could happen.  Most people don't realize there are so many weirdos in the world.  I use to live in a tow of 5000 people, no one locked the doors, kids ran all over, nothing happened, everyone knew one another, it was safe... and I had no idea at the time that there were so many "crazies" out there.  I am sure the people of mccleary think/thought the same thing about their town.  I understand the mentality of a tiny town atmosphere where everyone knows one another.   And until you get on these forums, or something like this happens to you or someone you know, you just don't understand just how bad it is. 

I think a predator who saw these myspaces with these girls on there would zero in on their pages.  I see things, others see things that might not mean anything to the people in the famliy, but to others especially sicko, this is what they look for.  They interpret it to mean anythig they want it to be, so they search and find these kids.  It's no ones fault but the sicos.  but if they were on there and if they were on other sites, someone needs to find all the sites with all the names and not say they were not on there or allowed on there.  They were on there, some of the content is not good, even if it was innocent to them.  some sicko it going to take that the wrong way.  so rather than say they were not allowed on there and no one knew it, we need to figure out where all those photos are.  and try to track where someone could have ran innto them. 

I'll come home. have to leave right not for the vet, but I will get onlie when I get home and try to track whatever I can. 

I am sorry to her family if they think I might be pointing fingers or whatever, I'm not, I just want to make certain people are tracking those kids pages on the net and find out who else was tracking those girls.  I really believe the content on those pages was such to lure weirdos.  and until we all admit that it could attract the weirdos ad start looking, we are not going to find who might have her if someone has her.  ugh

will be back i a few hours. 

To find me:
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2009, 05:22:33 PM »

I agree.

Janet

Tamikosmom I am having the same issues you expressed  in connecting to some of the facts.  At 10 my daughter did not talk about boys (except to complain her brothers would not take her with them paintballing) , set up myspace accounts, or have a cell phone.  Her curfew was not 10pm to be home, she was in bed by 9:00pm.  - well actually 8:30 with a 1/2 to read before sleep.  She never walked, road her bike, or rollerbalded anywhere by herself.  If she was going next door I would be on the driveway watching her and we lived in the sticks for goodness sake!

From my own experiences Lindsey and her friends are far more "pubescent" than the 10 year old girls around here.  I for one need to take this into account when looking at this case.  I hope for her safe return and pray for strength for the family.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »

doubledecker excellent post, what you wrote is the truth, it is reality.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »

Thanks DoubleDecker for putting it all out there.  I saw that yesterday too, but didn't say anything either.  I agree, LE needs to have ALL the information, whether it leads anywhere or not.  Covering eyes is not going to make it all go away.  JMO.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »

I agree.

Janet

Tamikosmom I am having the same issues you expressed  in connecting to some of the facts.  At 10 my daughter did not talk about boys (except to complain her brothers would not take her with them paintballing) , set up myspace accounts, or have a cell phone.  Her curfew was not 10pm to be home, she was in bed by 9:00pm.  - well actually 8:30 with a 1/2 to read before sleep.  She never walked, road her bike, or rollerbalded anywhere by herself.  If she was going next door I would be on the driveway watching her and we lived in the sticks for goodness sake!

From my own experiences Lindsey and her friends are far more "pubescent" than the 10 year old girls around here.  I for one need to take this into account when looking at this case.  I hope for her safe return and pray for strength for the family.

I have just one child, a son (21 now) but back then...at 10 years old -  I had just about the same rules as you. Bed at 8:30, 9PM was lights out. He would never ride his bike, skateboard or roller blade unless with a group of friends or with me or his uncles. Never on a computer unless needed to complete a school assignment and he didn't have a cell phone. Girls were not even a thought. They were "like so gross"

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »

I am off for a while. My prayers are with Lindsey, her family and community. I hope this little one is found soon and SAFE!

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2009, 06:07:53 PM »

Thank you very much for your kindness. It is appreciated. I really want people to understand that it was light outside when she left otherwise I would have never let her walk home and neither would her mom. I have 4 children of my own and Lindsey was like our own. As parents we should have been more careful and given them less freedom- we see that now and understand peoples frustrations and we are now paying dearly for that but if you look at McCleary - things like this just don't happen if you check out the stats for here you'll understand that we all really thought our kids were safe. So little goes on here that everyone doesn't know about. The Sgt. here grew up here and in his years we've never had a kid go missing - unless it was a runaway and even then they were all found quickly.

Lindsey's mom lost her sole source of transportation (it broke down) and they were barely getting by but her mom works hard and has found a way to continue to commute to the job she has had to keep to make it and take care of her kids which she loves so much and was constantly checking on Lindsey and having her check in. She is sitting outside her home right now hour after hour praying for some news and nothing comes - no leads - no news - no clue what happened -being told there is nothing that we can do to help. And all the while she still has to care for her son. I wouldn't dare try to say I know what she is going through but I know when she searches online hoping to find a bit of news that someone failed to update us on and it breaks her heart when she runs across the adversity. Mine too.

People on other sites are dissecting Lindsey's MySpace profiles and that of my daughters as well and I don't blame them but they don't know these girls for real. MySpace was their way of being cool and living outside the box - that's all. We are not perfect parents but we love our children and they may have their issues (as most kids do) but they are good kids.

I will pass on your well wishes for a safe return and again - Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

My heart goes out to you. I can hear your pain in your words.

Most of us monkeys have been following missing person cases a long time. Some of us have had missing loved ones, some of us have known someone who was missing, many of us have took part in searching for a missing person listed on this forum (either on the ground or helping with donations for the volunteers) and all of us are advocates for the missing. We care, we love, we pray and we have hope that all these pages of missing people will find their way home, no matter what.

In caring and following so many cases, we know what you are just learning so painfully. That it does happen even in small towns. That it can happen in the blink of an eye. That the internet can be a dangerous place for young children. There are so many evil people out there and children trust so easily. What seems like a a "cool friend" that you talk to online, can easily be a 40 year old sicko...pretending to be a 12 year old girl.

It's a shame that we live in a world that are children are not even safe in their own backyard.

We look at each new missing person and we talk amongst ourselves, batting around ideas, looking for clues and trying to help in whatever way we can. It isn't always pretty for family members or friends to read. I am sorry for that. It can come across as harsh and unfeeling...which is the furthest from the truth.
Please know it isn't because we don't care. It's because we do care.

We celebrate with joy each time a missing loved one is found safe and we grieve and cry when a missing loved one is recovered.

We never give up hope. We want them all to be found.

I totally agree with DD's comments.  We are here to help, research the facts, bring much needed awareness, pray, build up hope, continue to pray, and do whatever we can to bring children home.  If that means prodding and jabbing to get answers to logical questions, so be it.  Yes, the internet has its good sides, and unfortunately an evil side.  Is everyone aware of the evil side -- not yet, but hopefully will be more informed each and every day.  Times have changed, what we experienced growing up and what children growing up today experience is almost like a 180.  What these children think about and deal with, I never thought of or dealt with when I was their age . . . and some of it, even now in my old age.
We live in a land of freedom of speech and for that I am grateful.  But when people use that speech to ridicule, give nonconstructive criticism, insinuate, do the  "I would never . . . ", that does not inform, that does not help, that is not hope, and that assuredly is not prayer.  I realize this forum is open to discussions and opinions, as well it should be.  But when a family are in the midst of the crisis . . .
Matthew 12:33-37 for those who are interested.
JMHO

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2009, 06:24:46 PM »

I agree.

Janet

Thank you Northern Rose.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »

I am home now and will start digging. 

We need to find all the places on the net these girls were either posting, had their pics posted, had their names posted, their addresses etc, and where all these things link to.  On many cases I have dug and bumped into something on the net the police did not know about. 

In just a few minutes I found lindsey's pic with her name on it floating all over. anyone can see that, trace it straight back to her myspace and get her town name.  after that it is so easy to find her in real life, find all the places on the net she goes etc. 

I didn't even begin to keep tracking her photo with name, I just spent a few minutes.  I'm going to start digging and following her photo from one site to the next and see what all I can find it.  I have to say having her name and those photos of her and her friend and some of the other content on those pages the way it is, is not good at all. 

another thing is this. 

I know a lot of people who have kids this age who are very much like most of the posters on this thread who say they never let their kids do this or that or their kids don't act "mature" like this etc.  But then I also know a lot of kids who DO act like this at that age.  I don't judge them or the parents, I just figure they grow up in different circumstances and environments and it is just how it is.  So my question is, are these kids of the naive group who act like the 10 years old most of you know, or are they of the group of 10 yr olds who act like 17-18 yr olds.  It would help a lot to know. 

First thing I wonder is who made the websties?  who thought up the content.  Are these 10 yr olds who think like older teens?  or are these 10 yr olds who think like the 10 year olds most of you are use too?  if they are the younger thinking type of 10 yr olds who is designing the website?  If they are of the older thinking type of 10 yr old who are use to that type of content then what are their interests and who do they hang out with.  Are they around old teens? adults?  where they learn "older things". 

It really does matter what these kids are like. It matters what is their THINKING age, not there age in years they have been on the earth.  one of the things on the site said "I don't like boys who cheat".  so you would think they have boyfriends?  or want one?  or are interested in talking to boys or hanging out with boys.  are they in teen chat rooms? are they talking to boys online they do not know?  these kinds of things help us to try to figure out where Lindsey MIGHT HAVE come into contact with someone who she might be with, whether it be willingly or whether she was abducted by someone she met who was older or met someone onlinne who she thought was young and was not.

where do her and her friends hang out?  Who are they hanging out with.  What are their interests. What sites on the net would interest them? the more we know what these girls and friends are really like and their interests and the "age" they "act" the easier to locate who they might have come into contact with.   

To find me:
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »

What if...
I had walked her home
someone close had a car

No problem DD,I saw you posting that last night(your doubts,your concerns)and didn't mean to leave you out there swimming alone but sometimes I do sit back and read everything I can get my hands on before I start asking questions.I'm really not trying to hurt anyone in the family or friends circle but sometimes I just cannot stop myself from questioning things.I sure don't want anyone to think I am bashing Lindsey's family or friends....just looking for the truth.
So don't feel bad DD
I also noticed that the messages(a couple of them)seemed kinda....racy for a 10 year old to be posting on an adult's MySpace....really shouldn't even be posting that on anyones sites.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2009, 07:54:48 PM »

I am in no way trying to be nasty or to "blame" anyone for mistakes they might make in thier lives; God knows I have made plenty of my own and I was never a saint by any means.  So many things in my life I had no idea the impact they would have on others or what being careless might lead to.  I know so much more about life now and what is and is not appropriate, and believe I learned many hard lessons along the line.  Did I appreciate people pointing them out while I was doing them NO I did not and would be the first to tell people to __ off and not worry about what I was or was not doing.  I believe anyone and everyone makes some really big boo boos in their lives, that is just how life is.  we live, we hopefully learn from whatever it is we might do that is something we might should not do.  So for me to say anything with the "intent" of just trying to point at something someone might have done which might not be what I think they should or should not have done, is not what I am doing at all.  I care about people no matter what, but when you see something that might cause something, it is a good thing to point it out so the person might realize it is not the best thing in the world to be doing.  Yes, it makes people mad, and that is understandable, but to sit and just say nothing is not good either.  its none of my business what adults do, if they choose to allow their kids on the net, it is none of my business, and each child is different in what they can handle and be responsible or whatever. 

But here is what I am seeing(and obviously I am not the only one seeing it). 

These girls WERE on the myspace, AND someone had to KNOW THEY WERE, because they are on their myspace pages and the pages of their friends.  so to say no one knew they were on there is crazy.  So what other sites were they on under what names?  someone needs to look and find where all these girls photos and names are floating around with mccleary was attached to them.  We have a town of 1500 people with a first and last name of young girls.  If I can find where they live, so can some weirdo. 

I am pretty liberal when it comes to allowing kids to have some responsibilities of their own, IF the kids can handle it.  Maybe these girls could handle it to some extent.  Maybe they were allowed on there.  Maybe no one realized what could happen.  Most people don't realize there are so many weirdos in the world.  I use to live in a tow of 5000 people, no one locked the doors, kids ran all over, nothing happened, everyone knew one another, it was safe... and I had no idea at the time that there were so many "crazies" out there.  I am sure the people of mccleary think/thought the same thing about their town.  I understand the mentality of a tiny town atmosphere where everyone knows one another.   And until you get on these forums, or something like this happens to you or someone you know, you just don't understand just how bad it is. 

I think a predator who saw these myspaces with these girls on there would zero in on their pages.  I see things, others see things that might not mean anything to the people in the famliy, but to others especially sicko, this is what they look for.  They interpret it to mean anythig they want it to be, so they search and find these kids.  It's no ones fault but the sicos.  but if they were on there and if they were on other sites, someone needs to find all the sites with all the names and not say they were not on there or allowed on there.  They were on there, some of the content is not good, even if it was innocent to them.  some sicko it going to take that the wrong way.  so rather than say they were not allowed on there and no one knew it, we need to figure out where all those photos are.  and try to track where someone could have ran innto them. 

I'll come home. have to leave right not for the vet, but I will get onlie when I get home and try to track whatever I can. 

I am sorry to her family if they think I might be pointing fingers or whatever, I'm not, I just want to make certain people are tracking those kids pages on the net and find out who else was tracking those girls.  I really believe the content on those pages was such to lure weirdos.  and until we all admit that it could attract the weirdos ad start looking, we are not going to find who might have her if someone has her.  ugh

will be back i a few hours. 
Very well stated DD
The only way to look at it,realistically,IMO

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.