March 28, 2024, 01:59:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770262 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #420 on: July 01, 2009, 06:43:08 PM »

The girl’s route home would have taken her from her friend’s house in the 600 block of Maple Street, along the residential street with no sidewalks.

She would have walked down Maple and would have had to cross 3rd Street, which is a main road in the town and has a crosswalk. At that point she would have had a short walk through a a commercial area, including a nearby bus station and a gas station. She would have had to cross the larger street, then back onto a residential street without a sidewalk and head down to her house at the 300 block of Mommsen Street, a dead-end residential neighborhood within view of the police station.

But a minute or two before she crossed 3rd Street, she disappeared. A neighbor spotted her about two-thirds of the way home, Scott said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba9ab562a5957341684.txt

The friend who last saw Lindsey also addressed the crowd. She said the girls asked if Lindsey could spend the night at her house, but when her parents said no, the girls parted.

“I saw her at the end of Maple (Street),” the girl said. “I always think if my mom and me would’ve done something different this wouldn’t have happened.”

http://**/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4baa38c6082474655699.txt

Route questioned answered!

BUMP for Ms. Janet
This was mentioned by LE today about the route.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #421 on: July 01, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »

from article
Lindsey Baum is afraid of the dark.

She’s also a bit superstitious.

Combine the two and during the so-called Witching Hour between midnight and 1 a.m., the 10-year-old McCleary girl won’t even set foot out the door, her family says.

Her mother Melissa Baum describes an incident a few weeks ago in which Lindsey had left something in the family car late at night and wanted to retrieve it but wouldn’t go out until the Witching Hour was over.

just how much does lindsey know about "the witching hour"?  what hours does she believe the witching hour is?  this could make a huge difference.  I would like to know which hours she thinks this is? I know most posters will not follow me on this, but there is a really good reason I ask this

It says right there DD. She believes it's between midnight and one.

well I know the article says that but just how much from where does lindsey really know about.  I'm just trying to figure out who she might know or have been around.

She reads a lot. I am guessing she read it in a book. It's mentioned in a lot of fantasy books.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #422 on: July 01, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »

Kara if you know your daughters Email or " Username" (for any site) or any nicknames that are frequently used ... Try this site.
www.pipl.com
All you do is plunk in say " User name" and it will chase that name all over the internet and will pull up any site that has that User name attached. Same with with email, first last name as well applies.
I found myspace accounts that my daughter made when she was 12 ... Yes I did. She didn't use them for long. Maybe a Month. But I found this out from using this Pipl Site.
Its free, you do not have to login and you can use it as many times as you like. No strings attached. If I were you too ..chase your home phone number, cell phone if your daughter has one.

Thank you for that information. I was not aware that there were sites like that, but it sounds like it could be very useful.

As for Lindsey walking home she did not have anyone with her when she was walking home. My daughter stood on the porch til she reached the end of our road and then came inside. I know that there is mixed information floating around about that but it is not correct that she walked part way home with a friend.

As for the witching hour she is huge on shows and books about witches and vampires such as Twilight which is where she would have gotten that. Though she really did not have an "understanding" of what it was just a kids impression off of books and such that it was then that all the creepy things came out.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: July 01, 2009, 06:49:47 PM »

the witching hour can go much deeper and be far more complicated that just say from midnight, of 11-3 or whatever.  this is not what I am concerned about.  this kind of info can be picked up our of stories girls that age would read.  I am talking about something else.  And I believe someone she was around or had some contact with DOES KNOW the kind of witching hours I am thinking about.  Amongst a lot of other things. 

I keep thinking these kids have some contact with some adults who they are picking up stuff from.  oh how do I say this LOL   

more than one of them keep saying, "I feel like something is going to happen".  why do they feel that way?  do they know something about when is the time something is more likely to happen.  who's teaching them this?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »

You should never use your real name online. Unless you need to do so for business. All the social network sites, use your real first name, if you have to register a last name come up with a nonsense-ical last name that you use for all sites and let your friends and family know, so they can find you to connect.

It's so important to protect your safety, even as an adult. If someone has your last name and town, they can track you down.

Kids should never use their names or list what town they are from, what school they go to, or any information that could be used to identify them off the computer.

Just like "Klaas" said in one of her posts ..a few pages back. Kids just do not think. They are so innocent *at this age (10-12) that they DO use their real name online. They don't understand this is not just for " their classroom friends" this goes out to the entire World.

My gut is that Lindsey went with someone she either knew of * or was an acquaintance and maybe they Bs'd her and said ... I will take you home. And got her into their car/Vehicle. Maybe this was someone that was aware via the grapevine in small town talk that Lindsey was feeling down (from the divorce and every day family issues) And they used conversation to tap into feelings .. as I am your friend, I understand, my parents got divorced too ..... These perps usually do not " chose a child" at random. They slowly make a connection with them over time. And then when they find the child vulnerable..they make their move. Maybe this was some one that used to hang around the dollar store when Lindsey was behind the counter.
One thing that stood out to me in the article about Lindsey ..was Mom saying that Lindsey missed school from stress .. the divorce.
Where was Lindsey when she was not in school? Was she with a relative? Was she at Home alone while Mom was at work ?  I am just asking because maybe someone befriended her during those times. And her Mom was unaware that Lindsey had met this person.

God Bless Her
I pray she is ok

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #425 on: July 01, 2009, 06:55:17 PM »

the witching hour can go much deeper and be far more complicated that just say from midnight, of 11-3 or whatever.  this is not what I am concerned about.  this kind of info can be picked up our of stories girls that age would read.  I am talking about something else.  And I believe someone she was around or had some contact with DOES KNOW the kind of witching hours I am thinking about.  Amongst a lot of other things. 

I keep thinking these kids have some contact with some adults who they are picking up stuff from.  oh how do I say this LOL   

more than one of them keep saying, "I feel like something is going to happen".  why do they feel that way?  do they know something about when is the time something is more likely to happen.  who's teaching them this?
That is an excellent question, a question that needs answering, I also agree with you, there is an older friend/adult that perhaps is teaching them something, something a girl that age does not need to know.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »

KaraK who is Michelle on your myspace page of friends? Is she a personal friend? What do you know about her?

DD did you look into the site I posted from Yahoo? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GraysHarborOccultists/
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2009, 07:02:49 PM »

DD
I remember I had a Babysitter that my Mother would used quite frequently when my brother and I were little. Oh did I NOT like her. She lived in one of the houses around the corner on our block. She used to tell me CRAZY crap and scare the hell out of me.
I think she was 16 or so.. not much older. She was a outcast type. She lived with her parents and they were seniors .. they looked like her grand parents. She had No friends at all. None.  She was very obese and she was mean. Not around my Mom. But was two different people after my Mom/Dad would leave. OH GAWD her name was Cindy too ... just thought of that. (Cindy Anthony)
(( I was an extremely shy kid, My brother was a handful))
She used to say after the sun went down and if I sat on my couch in my living room where our only TV was, If I was a Bad girl that day ... that I would get a Knife in my back. ( through the couch ..the knife would pop out of the couch) ....  and stab me.
The other thing she said that if I went into the bathroom without the light on that Bloody Mary would grab me and kill me. That she lived in the Mirror.
I told my Mom and my Mom said ...Oh she is teasing ..or oh she didnt mean it. YAH right.
Do you know that the Bloody story haunted me into my Adulthood. Just because I was told this BS when I was little and it stuck.
Some people do not deserve to be in the presence of children.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: July 01, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »

Kara if you know your daughters Email or " Username" (for any site) or any nicknames that are frequently used ... Try this site.
www.pipl.com
All you do is plunk in say " User name" and it will chase that name all over the internet and will pull up any site that has that User name attached. Same with with email, first last name as well applies.
I found myspace accounts that my daughter made when she was 12 ... Yes I did. She didn't use them for long. Maybe a Month. But I found this out from using this Pipl Site.
Its free, you do not have to login and you can use it as many times as you like. No strings attached. If I were you too ..chase your home phone number, cell phone if your daughter has one.

Thank you for that information. I was not aware that there were sites like that, but it sounds like it could be very useful.

As for Lindsey walking home she did not have anyone with her when she was walking home. My daughter stood on the porch til she reached the end of our road and then came inside. I know that there is mixed information floating around about that but it is not correct that she walked part way home with a friend.

As for the witching hour she is huge on shows and books about witches and vampires such as Twilight which is where she would have gotten that. Though she really did not have an "understanding" of what it was just a kids impression off of books and such that it was then that all the creepy things came out.

well I was just wonderig, because "I" do have a very good "understanding" of the witching hours, and it is a bit complicate as you probably know if you have an "understandig" of it, so if she had that kind of understanding I would wonder if she has a teacher of these thing.  I guess you understand what I mean? 

so okay she has no "understanding"   so guess I won't dig into that then

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2009, 07:14:05 PM »

KaraK who is Michelle on your myspace page of friends? Is she a personal friend? What do you know about her?

DD did you look into the site I posted from Yahoo? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GraysHarborOccultists/

you know I keep meaning to go check it out but keep getting off on something else. let me go look right now.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »

I"ll just post the description of the group, so everyonne does not have to run over there to read it. 

please also know I am not on a "witch hunt" LOL

I am just trying to see who lindsey might have had contact with.  there are sickos in every group of people.  you will see me digging into the evergreen church just as much as I did into any other faith / belief.  so please don't start thinking I am out to trash the occult

Description

Hello to all, blessed be and 93's! My name is Soror Pheonix aka Ada.
This group is intended to bring together occultists in Grays Harbor County, Washington including the communities of (Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Grayland, Westport, Ocean Shores, Montesano, Cosmopolis, Central Park, Pacific Beach, Humptulips, Quinault, Elma, Satsop, McCleary, Neilton, Taholah, Moclips, Oakville, and all the rest.)

Occult: (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary) Of or pertaining to various magical arts and practices, as astrology, alchemy, etc.; Beyond human understanding; Mysterious, not divulged or disclosed, secret; To become hidden or concealed from view.

I'm hoping to bring together all the Witches, Pagans, Ceremonial Magicians, Thelemites, Satanists, Chaos Magicians and everyone else who studies Magick who is local to the area for disscussions, gatherings and study groups. Come out, come out where ever you are!
Oh and if your a bible thumper who just wants to try to convert us, you can bite my big magickal A$$!

To find me:
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #431 on: July 01, 2009, 07:22:01 PM »

I don't know what is this obsession with the Occult and Vampires ..seems to be growing.
First their was goth which was considered Soft compared to now.. now its vampires/occult - Hollywood style mostly.
I am not talking about Wiccan's .. just plain obsession within Young People today with gore and blood. Death, vampires and that forsaken Death Metal Music..that you cannot understand the lyrics ..if there are any.
Like Casey Anthony her love of skulls ..and death * her little icons she saved..all morbid.
For 10-12 yr olds today ..
What happened to Hopscotch and Hula Hoops and .. All Girls Bands like the Go Go's, Supremes, Putting glitter stickers on your fingernails ..and wanting to have Pj parties ..and renting Grease .. or a movie that everyone would sing along and be silly ... and eating crap and candy till you wanted to puke ...Now that is fun. .. lol... Man am I dating myself or what. Maybe just dreaming ... of good old days.   

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: July 01, 2009, 07:24:11 PM »

I think that Lindsey is a beautiful young girl and I pray to God that she is found safe but I have a lot of nieces and all have read the harry potter books twight light etc. and none of them are supersticious or are talking of the witching hour nor are they saying that they are afraid that they are afraid that something bad is going to happen . They just all go on about how Edward is so cute. So I strongly think that it is a good idea to check the link that was posted about the occult and chat rooms of such nature also any other people in town that might be into this sort of thing. I am glad that LE is looking into her writings as well. JMO
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2009, 07:25:06 PM »

so I wonder if they have members from mccleary and if they have meet-ups in mccleary.  do people from out of the area come to mccleary for meetups and gatherings? 

we need to think of anyone at all who might come into the mccleary area, who is not local, who has a connection there.

I am still looking for website of evergreen christian chruch and the "dollar store"  or the addressess will do.

To find me:
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: July 01, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

I don't know what is this obsession with the Occult and Vampires ..seems to be growing.
First their was goth which was considered Soft compared to now.. now its vampires/occult - Hollywood style mostly.
I am not talking about Wiccan's .. just plain obsession within Young People today with gore and blood. Death, vampires and that forsaken Death Metal Music..that you cannot understand the lyrics ..if there are any.
Like Casey Anthony her love of skulls ..and death * her little icons she saved..all morbid.
For 10-12 yr olds today ..
What happened to Hopscotch and Hula Hoops and .. All Girls Bands like the Go Go's, Supremes, Putting glitter stickers on your fingernails ..and wanting to have Pj parties ..and renting Grease .. or a movie that everyone would sing along and be silly ... and eating crap and candy till you wanted to puke ...Now that is fun. .. lol... Man am I dating myself or what. Maybe just dreaming ... of good old days.   

I agree with you...
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #435 on: July 01, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »

Michelle is my sister-in-law but more like my sister.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: July 01, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »

<snipped>

I agree that all the possible issues associated with MySpace were not clear to us simply because you think you are paying enough attention and what not but something like this does bring out the extra measures that can be taken to make online time a safer experience and I can promise that those will be implemented. Biggest online worries now are what to do elsewhere because as long as there is access to computers outside the home and free email addresses it is not always as easy as monitoring and throwing up blocks and such.

Kara

Doing what is right is not always easy but ... it is always right.

You have a responsibility as a parent to do all that you can to protect your child from the dangerous that lurk.  My daughter's four children (6-11) are at the very least within calling distance from Mom or Dad at all times or ... under the watchful eye of a designated caregiver and ... so are ALL of their friends.  These kids are never unsupervised.  Even then they  attempt to test the waters ... especially 11 year old grandson.  However ... his parents refuse to release the reins and allow him to make immature choices that have the ability to affect the rest of his life and/or ... the life of others.  They love him too much.

It appears ... for the most part ... the lifestyle afforded children in McCleary is very liberal and ... I contend that lifestyle can put precious children at risk.  There has to be boundaries and ... it is up to parents to oversee that those boundaries are being adhered to.

I could comprehend the happenings encompassing the disappearance of Lindsey if she were a teenager when parents are forced to loosen the reins to some extent but ... lLindsey is a 10 year old little girl.

Teenagers have curfrews that required them to be in the house at 10:00 PM ... not unsupervised children.  Children are already at home at 10:00 PM ... most likely already asleep on since 8:30 a school night or ... if it is a weekend ... they are getting ready for bed after being afforded an evening of watching movies ... playing computer games, etc ... under the watchful eyes of Mom and Dad.

The library computer would not be a problem at 10 years of age if a parent or a designated caregiven accompanied the child.  Walking four blocks to reach a desigination would not be a problem at 10 years of age if a parent or designated caregiver accompanies the child.  Viewing movies that are not age appropriate would not be a problem at 10 years of age if a parent or a designated caregiver accompanies the child to the theater or the rental establishement.

Will your children appreciate your guidance in every aspect of their lives.  No way but so what!

Kara ... I know that you are going through a never ending nightmare and ... for that my heart breaks but ... I firmly believe that the choices of adults allowed the chain of events to occurr.  My focus is directed on a little girl named Lindsey who did not have an advocate between the hours of 9:00 and 10:00 on Friday evening.

The following list was compiled for a newsletter by a former neighbour who did not suspect that his 12 year old daughter was communicating with a 21 year old sex offender on an online chat.  After all he "trusted" her to have followed the guidelines he established.  Thankfully ... somewhere along the line ... his wife became aware ... LE became involved and ... "control" for daughter and her younger siblings is now where it is at.

Kara .. the postive is that no matter how this all plays out ... it has to be a wakeup call ... lessons have had to been learned.

Sincerely, Janet

++++++++

CHILDREN AND THE COMPUTER

1.  Place computer in a central location in the home.
2.  Create blocks.
3.  Establish and follow through with consequences for chosing to disregard expectations/boundaries.
4.  Check history/cookies daily.
5.  Check out expectations/boundaries of friends' parents/care givers.
6.  Protect computer access with a password when supervision is not available

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #437 on: July 01, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »

At our library you have to sign in and to a certain computer ...so LE might go there and see when Lindsey signed in and they can check that computer to see where she was surfing.....
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #438 on: July 01, 2009, 07:32:46 PM »

Another thing - Lindsey's looks at herself as emo but not with the same comprehension as an older kid might. In her eyes people who like emo things like all that stuff. Honestly as long as I've known her I've never heard her talk about dark stuff save for the occasional vampire comment. You have a 10 yr old girl who thinks emo is cool but listens to soft country and loves rap.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #439 on: July 01, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »

At our library you have to sign in and to a certain computer ...so LE might go there and see when Lindsey signed in and they can check that computer to see where she was surfing.....

I think they are looking into that the only real difficulty is signing in you use your library card number and most of the kids here share their cards because not everyone has one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.