March 28, 2024, 02:43:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770272 times)
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: July 02, 2009, 06:39:22 PM »

O/T does anyone know anything about Javascript? I am having trouble watching any you tube videos and cnn videos . It says that I have my Javascript turned off....I was watching them just fine and now I can't I don't think I turned anything off...I have pop ups blocked would that do it?
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #581 on: July 02, 2009, 06:43:24 PM »

Thanks Pink Angel for the link to those pictures.  It does look like a sleepy safe little town. 

Funny how no one's mentioned the bus station.  Why does a town of 1200 have a bus station?  Where does it run?  How often? 

I live in a town of 60,000.  We have no bus terminal.  hmmmmm...

I lived in a small town in IL growing up and we had a bus station.

County-wide public bus service is provided by the Grays Harbor Transportation Authority. Bus lines commute through McCleary  several times daily to county cities for 50 cents (one zone) and connect with Olympia.

The station is really nothing more than a few benches and bulletin board with the schedule with a fancy roof over it.

Looking at the bus schedule.. the last bus through is at 8:35 pm (heading to Aberdeen) the last Olympia bound bus goes through at 8:25 pm.

Hey PinkAngel,I just read that bolded part(exact word for word)over on WS earlier today lol
Does anyone know if Kara took a poly test?And if not why not seeing as her boyfriend did?

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:26 PM »

they are suppose to talk about Lindsey tonite on NG....not sure how much time she will give her....probably at the end
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: July 02, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »

O/T does anyone know anything about Javascript? I am having trouble watching any you tube videos and cnn videos . It says that I have my Javascript turned off....I was watching them just fine and now I can't I don't think I turned anything off...I have pop ups blocked would that do it?

O/T
My computer Guru (son) says yes. Pup up blocker will do that. JMO

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: July 02, 2009, 06:53:37 PM »

It could be your popup blocker.  When I have a problem watching a video the first thing I do is turn off (temporarily) my popup blocker then try.  Also, it's possible you need to download the newest version of Java. 
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: July 02, 2009, 06:53:44 PM »

O/T
My computer Guru (son) says yes. Pup up blocker will do that. JMO

Thank you !....I have been making myself crazy over this!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: July 02, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »

they are suppose to talk about Lindsey tonite on NG....not sure how much time she will give her....probably at the end

Thanks for the update!
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: July 02, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »

It could be your popup blocker.  When I have a problem watching a video the first thing I do is turn off (temporarily) my popup blocker then try.  Also, it's possible you need to download the newest version of Java. 

Thanks Klass
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: July 02, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »

so they have basically quit searching for her hmmm ??? seems a bit quick to stop doesn't it?

I have the premise that someone got off of Route 8 for gas at the Shell station and saw her before the station and abducted her.

Crime of opportunity.

I don't think Lindsey is around McCleary at all.

The Shell station could still contain images of a SUV, truck or car used in the Abduction. (as it passed by leaving)

I believe the person lives with 120 miles of McCleary and has stopped here for gas before. I bet at the exit ramp there is a sign that says "Fuel next exit".

Sorry to say - but I don't think she is in a basement ... I could be wrong of-course, but I think Lindsey is not near the last known sighting.

The one reason I think that could be a possiblilty is because Lindsey's own dog was let off the leash to go look for her and couldn't find her IIRC. I think I remember someone saying that it was a german sheppard that she raised from a pup. Although they are not good tracking dogs, the dog would surely be able to pick up Lindsey's scent within a couple of blocks from her home. I understand from reading that the dog failed to do so. JMO

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #589 on: July 02, 2009, 07:03:02 PM »

Thanks Pink Angel for the link to those pictures.  It does look like a sleepy safe little town. 

Funny how no one's mentioned the bus station.  Why does a town of 1200 have a bus station?  Where does it run?  How often? 

I live in a town of 60,000.  We have no bus terminal.  hmmmmm...

I lived in a small town in IL growing up and we had a bus station.

County-wide public bus service is provided by the Grays Harbor Transportation Authority. Bus lines commute through McCleary  several times daily to county cities for 50 cents (one zone) and connect with Olympia.

The station is really nothing more than a few benches and bulletin board with the schedule with a fancy roof over it.

Looking at the bus schedule.. the last bus through is at 8:35 pm (heading to Aberdeen) the last Olympia bound bus goes through at 8:25 pm.

Hey PinkAngel,I just read that bolded part(exact word for word)over on WS earlier today lol
Does anyone know if Kara took a poly test?And if not why not seeing as her boyfriend did?

The first part I grabbed from the Transit Authority Website, the last part I snagged from a post from over yonder.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: July 02, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »

Missing girl's mother: 'Let her go'

02:38 PM PDT on Thursday, July 2, 2009

By DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Courtesy Melissa Baum

A search is under way in the town of McCleary for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

McCLEARY, Wash. - If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight.

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”
Melissa Baum’s daughter vanished while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary last Friday night.

Detectives said it’s possible the girl ran away, but after almost six days, they said it’s more likely she was abducted, perhaps by someone she knew.

Melissa Baum said she’s confident her daughter did not run away.

“She’s a mommy’s girl, she couldn’t be away from me that long,” said Melissa Baum.

Lindsey’s mother also said her daughter is too smart to be tricked by a stranger to get in their car.

“I joke that she’s 10 going on 16,” said Melissa Baum.

Melissa Baum said her daughter loves to read and write. She was working on a play.

Lindsey also loved animals. Melissa said Lindsey’s pet German Shepherd Cadence has been acting depressed since Lindsey vanished.

“That dog was her pillow,” said Melissa Baum.

Grays Harbor County scaled back volunteer search and rescue efforts Thursday.

“We’re not ending it, we’re just temporarily suspending it,” said Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Scott said most of Thursday’s work was conducted by detectives following up on tips and interviewing potential witnesses.

Lindsey Baum, 10, disappeared Friday from the small town of McCleary.

Melissa Baum said all she can do is wait by the phone for a call from police or Lindsey.

Lindsey’s mother believes her daughter is still alive, but said that is getting harder to do.

"I don't know if they're taking care of her or if they have her locked up somewhere," said Melissa Baum."They just need to let her go, let her come home."

Scott also is urging people to report any unusual behavior that might point to an abductor, such as suddenly cutting or dyeing hair, an unexplained absence from work or cuts or bruises on the arms and face.

Lindsey is 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

Anyone with information is asked to call the hotline that has been set up. The number is 1-866-915-8299 or e-mail detectives at: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us .

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

Look at that smile! What a cutie!
I am praying for Lindsey. That she is found safe and soon.

This jumped out at me too. Does anyone know if the brother had fresh scratches on him??? Sorry to even ask the question.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #591 on: July 02, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »

so they have basically quit searching for her hmmm ??? seems a bit quick to stop doesn't it?

I have the premise that someone got off of Route 8 for gas at the Shell station and saw her before the station and abducted her.

Crime of opportunity.

I don't think Lindsey is around McCleary at all.

The Shell station could still contain images of a SUV, truck or car used in the Abduction. (as it passed by leaving)

I believe the person lives with 120 miles of McCleary and has stopped here for gas before. I bet at the exit ramp there is a sign that says "Fuel next exit".

Sorry to say - but I don't think she is in a basement ... I could be wrong of-course, but I think Lindsey is not near the last known sighting.

The one reason I think that could be a possiblilty is because Lindsey's own dog was let off the leash to go look for her and couldn't find her IIRC. I think I remember someone saying that it was a german sheppard that she raised from a pup. Although they are not good tracking dogs, the dog would surely be able to pick up Lindsey's scent within a couple of blocks from her home. I understand from reading that the dog failed to do so. JMO

I don't give her dog a lot of weight. imo

We have a German Sheppard my son's. He has raised him and trained him from a puppy. They go everywhere together, fishing, the bank.....lol
If I was to take him outside and let him off his leash and tell him to go find "daddy"....he'd probably just look at me funny and just run around and sniff the bushes.

If a dog isn't trained to track...

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #592 on: July 02, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »

Missing girl's mother: 'Let her go'

02:38 PM PDT on Thursday, July 2, 2009

By DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Courtesy Melissa Baum

A search is under way in the town of McCleary for 10-year-old Lindsey Baum.

McCLEARY, Wash. - If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight.

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”
Melissa Baum’s daughter vanished while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary last Friday night.

Detectives said it’s possible the girl ran away, but after almost six days, they said it’s more likely she was abducted, perhaps by someone she knew.

Melissa Baum said she’s confident her daughter did not run away.

“She’s a mommy’s girl, she couldn’t be away from me that long,” said Melissa Baum.

Lindsey’s mother also said her daughter is too smart to be tricked by a stranger to get in their car.

“I joke that she’s 10 going on 16,” said Melissa Baum.

Melissa Baum said her daughter loves to read and write. She was working on a play.

Lindsey also loved animals. Melissa said Lindsey’s pet German Shepherd Cadence has been acting depressed since Lindsey vanished.

“That dog was her pillow,” said Melissa Baum.

Grays Harbor County scaled back volunteer search and rescue efforts Thursday.

“We’re not ending it, we’re just temporarily suspending it,” said Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Scott said most of Thursday’s work was conducted by detectives following up on tips and interviewing potential witnesses.

Lindsey Baum, 10, disappeared Friday from the small town of McCleary.

Melissa Baum said all she can do is wait by the phone for a call from police or Lindsey.

Lindsey’s mother believes her daughter is still alive, but said that is getting harder to do.

"I don't know if they're taking care of her or if they have her locked up somewhere," said Melissa Baum."They just need to let her go, let her come home."

Scott also is urging people to report any unusual behavior that might point to an abductor, such as suddenly cutting or dyeing hair, an unexplained absence from work or cuts or bruises on the arms and face.

Lindsey is 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Investigators say both Lindsey's mom and the father of the friend at the home where Lindsey had just left have both voluntarily taken - and passed - polygraph tests, and they are not considered suspects.

Anyone with information is asked to call the hotline that has been set up. The number is 1-866-915-8299 or e-mail detectives at: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us .

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

Look at that smile! What a cutie!
I am praying for Lindsey. That she is found safe and soon.

This jumped out at me too. Does anyone know if the brother had fresh scratches on him??? Sorry to even ask the question.

It's never been mentioned. KaraK may possibly know.

The only mention of scratches before now, is police telling people to look for people around them who may have cut or colored their hair, acting different, sold a car, have cut or scratches, etc...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #593 on: July 02, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »

“I joke that she’s 10 going on 16,” said Melissa Baum.     I guess I'm missing the humor.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:35 PM »

has anyone already looked up the name of the church on maple etc

and I tried to find the the evergreen chirstian center lindsey is suppose to attent and can't find the address etc

also I looked for anything on the girlscout troop in mccleary she is suppose to belong too, anyone able to find it?

you would think if there is some whacko living in mccleary, someone would have had thoughts about the person before.  these kinds of people do not sit dormant forever and then just one day act creepy, they are caught acting creepy all the time, if nothing more than standing around "watching" or trying to make friends with kids. 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: July 02, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »

DoubleDecker ~ 2 churches I can find in McCleary,WA

United Methodist Church
426 S. 3RD ST
McCleary, WA

McCleary Community Church
300 W. Main ST
McCleary, WA

http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MSNH11&q=#JnE9eXAuY2h1cmNoZXMraW4rbWNsZWFyeSUyYyt3YSU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00Ny4wOTcyNDAxMzg5NTc0JTdlLTEyMy4xNjg0MTEyNTQ4ODMlN2U0Ny4wMDE1NjMyMjU5ODI5JTdlLTEyMy4zNTkyOTg3MDYwNTU=

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »

and I tried to find the the evergreen chirstian center lindsey is suppose to attent and can't find the address etc

also I looked for anything on the girlscout troop in mccleary she is suppose to belong too, anyone able to find it?

you would think if there is some whacko living in mccleary, someone would have had thoughts about the person before.  these kinds of people do not sit dormant forever and then just one day act creepy, they are caught acting creepy all the time, if nothing more than standing around "watching" or trying to make friends with kids. 

Evergreen Christian Community

208 W Pine St
Mccleary, WA 98557

A = Evergreen Christian Community church

This map was created/posted by someone at WS.  I'm sorry don't remember the name of the poster at the moment:

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »

Dogs have a sense about them..
Dog could be depressed for sense of loss.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #598 on: July 02, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »

Dogs have a sense about them..
Dog could be depressed for sense of loss.

Yup. My son went out of town for 2 weeks on vacation and his dog moped and didn't eat like he usually does. I wound up taking him to the vet thinking he was sick and the doctor said he was depressed and would probably feel better once Buddy returned.

The vet was right.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #599 on: July 02, 2009, 09:00:05 PM »

Evergreen Christian Community

208 W Pine St
Mccleary, WA 98557

A = Evergreen Christian Community church

This map was created/posted by someone at WS.  I'm sorry don't remember the name of the poster at the moment:

jvk, IRRC. A local from over yonder.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.