March 28, 2024, 02:28:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770266 times)
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #640 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:52 AM »

Wayne Watne of Evergreen Christian Community in Olympia and two other local ministers said prayers for Lindsey’s return. Watne took speakers from the assembled crowd. Friends of the family stepped up, taking turns expressing their hope and their pain.
Yah that is the thing, I went to that site of the church and he is not listed as Staff.
unless I am just tired and I can't think any more ...
http://www.ecconline.cc/ecconline/staff.shtml

I certainly don't want to throw speculations out .. but at this point in time, everyone needs to be looked into. As sad as that is to admit.
I can't find him online as being an active minister to any church.

I was curious about this as well so thank you for bringing it up. I know when I first joined this forum I came on strong to people sharing their opinions but honestly now that I see how this forum works I want to say if that is what it takes to toss around ideas by all means please do so - I will do my best to butt out of that and just when around answer any questions I can assist with. I've gotten more information in regards to the goings on in this area right here from this forum then I have from our local and non local authorities and even fellow residents. From where I am standing it is something and as long as people are talking then hope lives and that is everything while we wait for her to come home.

Can anyone here tell me if there is anyway to find out the color and type of vehicle that a person drives? - thank you for your time.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #641 on: July 03, 2009, 05:32:19 AM »

To finish the vigil, the crowd walked barely a block to the Baum house
vigil was at the beerbower park.
on the map you can see that the park is RIGHT THERE by lindsey's house.  I wonder if you can sit in the park and watch her house? 

here is her girl scout leader
Becky Spalding of Elma

I am just making notes of info for later use if we need it, so we don't have to go relook for it.

To add to your information at that park where the vigil was held are some locked up dugouts and that is one of the places that Lindsey frequently played around as well as some of their friends.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #642 on: July 03, 2009, 05:36:03 AM »

The 3 of them left together? Who is the 3 and where did they leave from and plan to go to?

So this is now the 3rd explanation of her departure? I am getting a bit confused. Did she leave alone and someone watched her? She left alone and took a different route? She left with 3 people?

Leaving from Lindsey's house en route to my house was Lindsey, my daughter and Lindsey's brother. The fight took place half-way to my home and her brother was told by a family friend to go home. So only Lindsey and my daughter continued on to my house.

KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #643 on: July 03, 2009, 06:10:02 AM »

Police are asking people to get their facts from the police or media and to not flood the tip line after rumors about the case started circulating overnight.

--------------

I wonder what "rumors" were circulating overnight?

People were spreading around that she had been found. It hit a nearby city and trickled into town here last night and more so this morning.

In a previous post you heard mention of a vehicle - which is correct though the lady posting it originally is a quack. We gave authorities all the information that we had about it though not one mention as to the 11 year old she refers to or an attempt to talk to any child. The incident the girls encountered was not a personal contact nor was there an attempt to conversate with them or anything. Good chance the car just happened to be traveling the same direction. I don't want to give details out publicly as there may be a reason it has not been released or it may have already been ruled out.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: July 03, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

Wayne Watne of Evergreen Christian Community in Olympia and two other local ministers said prayers for Lindsey’s return. Watne took speakers from the assembled crowd. Friends of the family stepped up, taking turns expressing their hope and their pain.
Yah that is the thing, I went to that site of the church and he is not listed as Staff.
unless I am just tired and I can't think any more ...
http://www.ecconline.cc/ecconline/staff.shtml

I certainly don't want to throw speculations out .. but at this point in time, everyone needs to be looked into. As sad as that is to admit.
I can't find him online as being an active minister to any church.

Wayne Watne may have a connection to the church but not necessarily in a pastoral capacity.  As a residence of McCleary and a professed Christian ... it could be that Watne was contacted by an individual in the pastoral team to lead a vigil.

The church's website has several contacts.  I am sure this issue could be clarified very easily.

Janet

+++++++++

Wayne Watne

This is awesome timing for such an emphasis on Astronomy! If you really want to seee something amazing about the stars and really get an understanding of how incredibly large some of the stars are, how big the universe is, and the magnitude of the distances between some of the galaxies and earth check out the CD "Indescribable" by Louie Giglio... it will blow your socks off! They are available online... another is "How Great is Our God" also by Louie Giglio. Believer in God or not, the two CD's do the most amazing job I've ever seen to put the size of the cosmos into a perspective that most can grasp the imensity of the stars!

Wayne Watne, McCleary, WA (Sent Monday, January 05, 2009 10:40 PM)

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/05/1730900.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #645 on: July 03, 2009, 09:38:55 AM »

"We're taking police officers and putting them on the street to follow up on the stack of tips we've received," said Scott.

Authorities expect Lindsey's father to arrive in town Thursday night or Friday. He's in the military service, stationed in Tennessee. Police hope he may be able to share new information with them to help them solve the disappearance.

We're looking at what's being said on the Internet. Looking at some of the communication that's being done in the community. The people that live here, the friends, the family, the neighbors, are the people that know this community better than you, than I, than any of the officers working it," said Scott. "So it's talking to them and hopefully prompting someone's memory and dragging out that seemingly meaningless piece of information that they have that's going to unravel this mystery."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070209-missingmcclearygirlthursday,0,396026.story

I find this very concerning.  I would have assumed Lindsey's father would have immediately dropped everything and caught the next flight to McCleary following being informed of her disappearance.  I would have assumed he would have wanted to be involved in the search effort.

Kara ... were there underlying reasons why this did not happen.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #646 on: July 03, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »

The 3 of them left together? Who is the 3 and where did they leave from and plan to go to?

So this is now the 3rd explanation of her departure? I am getting a bit confused. Did she leave alone and someone watched her? She left alone and took a different route? She left with 3 people?

This is bothersome, what is going on, three different stories of Lindsey's departure, why? 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #647 on: July 03, 2009, 10:37:44 AM »

Lot's of updated pictures here........

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum/?evt=user_upload_approve&sort=ascending

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: July 03, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »

Thank-you
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #649 on: July 03, 2009, 10:50:16 AM »

This is bothersome, what is going on, three different stories of Lindsey's departure, why? 
Good morning Monkeys
From what I could piece together from reading different media sites and different missing people sites:
1)Lindsey,her Brother and Kayla(Kara's daughter)left Lindsey's house to walk to Kayla's house.
2)Lindsey and her brother were fighting over the bike,neighbor/family friend broke up fight,sent Lindsey's brother home.
3)This is where it gets confusing:
Melissa(Lindsey's Mom)says Lindsey and friend were walking to Kayla's house to see if Kayla could spend the night with Lindsey(I have read very early reports that Kayla had already stayed the night before at Lindsey's and Lindsey wanted to stay friday night at Kayla's)
Kara says Lindsey was asking to stay the night at her house(Kayla's house)and she said no and sent Lindsey back home.

What I want to know is if Lindsey was hoping to stay the night at Kayla's house,why did she not bring a change of clothes or her phone(left at home charging)or anything with her?If Kara had said Lindsey could stay the night,were they planning on going back to Lindsey's house to get pj's/clothes etc?

So,was Lindsey wanting to stay at Kayla's or was Kayla wanting to stay at Lindsey's?

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: July 03, 2009, 10:59:17 AM »

Good morning Monkeys
From what I could piece together from reading different media sites and different missing people sites:
1)Lindsey,her Brother and Kayla(Kara's daughter)left Lindsey's house to walk to Kayla's house.
2)Lindsey and her brother were fighting over the bike,neighbor/family friend broke up fight,sent Lindsey's brother home.
Melissa(Lindsey's Mom)says Lindsey and friend were walking to Kayla's house to see if Kayla could spend the night with Lindsey(I have read very early reports that Kayla had already stayed the night before at Lindsey's and Lindsey wanted to stay friday night at Kayla's)
Kara says Lindsey was asking to stay the night at her house(Kayla's house)and she said no and sent Lindsey back home.

What I want to know is if Lindsey was hoping to stay the night at Kayla's house,why did she not bring a change of clothes or her phone(left at home charging)or anything with her?If Kara had said Lindsey could stay the night,were they planning on going back to Lindsey's house to get pj's/clothes etc?

So,was Lindsey wanting to stay at Kayla's or was Kayla wanting to stay at Lindsey's?

That part is very confusing. At first I thought it was just Lindsey and her brother walking to Kayla's, that's when I questioned, why didn't she just call and ask if she could sleep over? Now that the three of them were walking to Kayla's house, maybe if it would have been alright to sleep over, there were pajamas of Kaylas she would have worn. 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #651 on: July 03, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »

Good morning Monkeys

That part is very confusing. At first I thought it was just Lindsey and her brother walking to Kayla's, that's when I questioned, why didn't she just call and ask if she could sleep over? Now that the three of them were walking to Kayla's house, maybe if it would have been alright to sleep over, there were pajamas of Kaylas she would have worn. 
Yeah,that's possible NoRose.
Also,from the messages from(?)that DD was posting here.....where did those messages come from?They looked to me like maybe the girls had access to the internet from their cell phones.

Karma Is Coming

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: July 03, 2009, 11:53:52 AM »

It appears that at 8:15 PM ... Lindsey was planning on spend the night at her friend's home.  Where were Lindsey and her friends planning on watch the rental movie?

Janet

++++++

Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished

JEREMY PAWLOSKI; The Olympian | • Published June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

Interesting posts on King5.

MelissaMcCann 1 day ago wrote:
This is my neice. Unlike mlacaster or some of you, i wont HIDE behind a nicname.. This is Melissa McCann, You have seen me on the news casts. Lindsey is not now nor has she ever been abused. There has been fights with her older brother as siblings do that got out of control. that is it. i live local, i watch these children, i know what happens in and out of that house. if you people choose to believe some coward who wont use his/her real name then shame on you. and if you pay attention to the story,, Lindsey wasnt planning to be out walking alone. 3 of them left together. plans changed and circumstances had her walk alone. the one time she left her cell phone at home. its pure coincidence. Not a single one of you have had your child in your site 24/7. not a single one of you are perfect. not a single one of you have never made i parenting mistake. so get off your high horses that you have no business being upon to begin with and keep your mouths shut if you cant be supportive. If this was your child or family member i double dog dare you to tell me that you wouldnt be offended, disgusted, upset, ect if people were saying crap about you and being anything but supportive. thos of you with the well wishes, we still very much appreciate it. There still seems to be conflicting information about Lindsey walking home.  What does 3 of them left together mean?  Was her brother there and the fight took place enroute home?

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:
To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:
Also people need to know Lindsey had told a friend a white car had been folling her and that another 11 year old girl was also talked to by someone a=in a white car the guy tryed to get her in by going as far as telling her she could drive the car. She ran and told her mom and yes the police knows this too.

Here is the link
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

In other words ... there were indications in Lindsey's own experiences that the streets of   McCleary was no different than Anytown USA ... they were not safe for children to be on without supervision.

Janet

_____

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: July 03, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »

Maybe things are just not being explained too well, I don't know. It seems there are conflicting stories about Lindsey getting to Kayla's house, Lindsey leaving Kayla's house.

So Lindsey, Kayla and the brother all walked over to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night. On the way to Kara's house, Lindsey and her brother had a fight about a bike. The neighbor broke up the fight and sent the brother on his way. The girls go to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night, Kara you said she couldn't, is that correct? I have a few questions if you dont mind answering...

Why did the girls just not call you to ask. I thought they were at Lindsey's house, they were not?

So was the brother going over to kara's house as well or did he just meet up with the girls? (I thought the  fight happened earlier in the day)

What is the story with the bike?

It is certainly your right, but what was the reasons you didn't want Lindsey to spend the night?

did Lindsey hang out for a little while or did Lindsey just leave? If she stayed, what did the girls do?

Lindsey left your house at about 9:30, correct?

Did Kayla spend the night with Lindsey the night before?

Thank you for answering what you can.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: July 03, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »

It appears that at 8:15 PM ... Lindsey was planning on spend the night at her friend's home.  Where were Lindsey and her friends planning on watch the rental movie?

Janet

++++++

Massive search continues for missing McCleary girl
MCCLEARY: No leads days after 10-year-old vanished

JEREMY PAWLOSKI; The Olympian | • Published June 30, 2009

MCCLEARY – ... Linda Cunningham, owner of McCleary Video, said she remembers Lindsey coming into her store with a group of friends to rent movies around 8:15 Friday night. “They were all laughing and joking and having a good time.”

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613.html

I totally forgot this part of this time line. What happened to the other girls? Certainly 8:15  to 9:30 is not enough time to watch movies.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: July 03, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

Leaving from Lindsey's house en route to my house was Lindsey, my daughter and Lindsey's brother. The fight took place half-way to my home and her brother was told by a family friend to go home. So only Lindsey and my daughter continued on to my house.

Kara thank you for clarifying that.  So Lindsey, your daughter and Lindsey's brother were walking to your house to ask if Lindsey could sleep over.  Was the video rental before the brother was turned home or did the girls meet up with other girls and go to the video store before they made it to your house?  Did they get to your house then go out to the video store and then come back?

I have read of Lindsey's brother being seen with a fishing pole that evening.  Are you able to give details about that?

The local who is making the wild posts, you had mentioned that you had thought she had moved recently.  I looked her up and the house she comes up in is registered to Fester and they do not appear to have moved recently.  I am also coming up with her having moved to McCleary after being somewhere else and someone with the same name as her could possibly have a friend who is a SO from the previous place.  Not sure if there are two people with that name or if it is one and the same.  The one that lives in McCleary seems to have experience with the court system though.

The route that Lindsey took to get home is still being reported by the media as well as LE as the most direct route to 3rd.  You had mentioned that she took an alternate route home up the hill on 6th.  It is troubling that LE is saying direct route if she did in fact go the long way home.  That is too important of a detail to not report correctly.  Can you give us more information on this?

Lastly, articles yesterday stated that Lindsey's mom as well as Will have taken poly's.  Where you asked to take one as well or have you volunteered to take one and will it happen?

I pray for the safe return of Lindsey.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #657 on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »

"We're taking police officers and putting them on the street to follow up on the stack of tips we've received," said Scott.

Authorities expect Lindsey's father to arrive in town Thursday night or Friday. He's in the military service, stationed in Tennessee. Police hope he may be able to share new information with them to help them solve the disappearance.

We're looking at what's being said on the Internet. Looking at some of the communication that's being done in the community. The people that live here, the friends, the family, the neighbors, are the people that know this community better than you, than I, than any of the officers working it," said Scott. "So it's talking to them and hopefully prompting someone's memory and dragging out that seemingly meaningless piece of information that they have that's going to unravel this mystery."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070209-missingmcclearygirlthursday,0,396026.story

I find this very concerning.  I would have assumed Lindsey's father would have immediately dropped everything and caught the next flight to McCleary following being informed of her disappearance.  I would have assumed he would have wanted to be involved in the search effort.

Janet

There was a news article yesterday that stated he was in the military and about to be deployed.  I would suspect he could not drop everything without being classified as AWOL and would need to get permission for some special leave first.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: July 03, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

MASON COUNTY SHERIFF ASSISTS IN SEARCH FOR MCCLEARY CHILDBy Dedrick Allan 07/03/2009
Mason County Sheriff's Deputies have been asked to assist in the investigation of the disappearance of 10-year-old Lindsey J. Baum of McCleary. Four detectives from the Sheriff's Office Special Operations Group are assisting the McCleary Police Department and Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office in following up on a large number tips coming in about the disappearance. Mason County Detectives have also assisted the investigation by verifying addresses and providing information to the investigation about registered sex offenders in west Mason County. Lindsey went missing last Friday, while walking home from a friend's house about ten blocks to her home. Although the search for Lindsey is tapering off, investigators still would like to talk to anyone who may have seen anything unusual in McCleary between 9 PM and 10 PM June 26th. Lindsey Baum is described as a white female, 10 years old, 4-foot-9, 80 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing blue jeans, black sneakers, and a hooded sweatshirt. Anyone with information on Lindsey's whereabouts is asked to call the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office at (800) 562-8914.

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1897/smid/3468/ArticleID/7696/reftab/1632/t/MASON-COUNTY-SHERIFF-ASSISTS-IN-SEARCH-FOR-MCCLEARY-CHILD/Default.aspx
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: July 03, 2009, 12:51:38 PM »

Janet

There was a news article yesterday that stated he was in the military and about to be deployed.  I would suspect he could not drop everything without being classified as AWOL and would need to get permission for some special leave first.

Thank you NRose, in the military you cannot just "drop" everything.  The underlying reason is he is a soldier.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.