March 28, 2024, 06:35:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770322 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: July 03, 2009, 12:52:07 PM »

I came up with 101 SO's in Mason county, most seem to be in Shelton.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: July 03, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »

"We're taking police officers and putting them on the street to follow up on the stack of tips we've received," said Scott.

Authorities expect Lindsey's father to arrive in town Thursday night or Friday. He's in the military service, stationed in Tennessee. Police hope he may be able to share new information with them to help them solve the disappearance.

We're looking at what's being said on the Internet. Looking at some of the communication that's being done in the community. The people that live here, the friends, the family, the neighbors, are the people that know this community better than you, than I, than any of the officers working it," said Scott. "So it's talking to them and hopefully prompting someone's memory and dragging out that seemingly meaningless piece of information that they have that's going to unravel this mystery."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070209-missingmcclearygirlthursday,0,396026.story

I find this very concerning.  I would have assumed Lindsey's father would have immediately dropped everything and caught the next flight to McCleary following being informed of her disappearance.  I would have assumed he would have wanted to be involved in the search effort.

Kara ... were there underlying reasons why this did not happen.

Janet

There was a news article yesterday that stated he was in the military and about to be deployed.  I would suspect he could not drop everything without being classified as AWOL and would need to get permission for some special leave first.

Thank you NRose, in the military you cannot just "drop" everything.  The underlying reason is he is a soldier.

I had the same question about him myself and when I read the article understood why he was not there yet.  I can not imagine being deployed while your child is missing.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #662 on: July 03, 2009, 01:03:10 PM »

could they not give him a leave of absense for emergency purposes?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: July 03, 2009, 01:07:36 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19934096/detail.html

Ground Search Suspended For Missing McCleary Girl
Search Intensifies Into Her Online History

Posted: 6:21 pm PDT July 2, 2009
Updated: 6:55 pm PDT July 2, 2009

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- The ground search for a missing Grays Harbor County girl has been suspended, but the search into her Internet history is intensifying.

Lindsey Baum, 10, disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend’s house and there has been no sign of her since.

Police are now checking entries in her MySpace page and doing a forensic analysis of her computer looking for new clues.

They found an entry from Lindsey a month ago saying, "I've been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have this bad feeling that something bads gonna happen.”

“That's why we're having the computer looked at now forensically to see if there's any other information that may have been deleted or in some other file we didn't access," said Rick Scott of Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

The initial analysis shows no evidence Lindsey communicated with anyone online that may have been involved in her disappearance.

"This is a really rough day today. It's getting worse every day," said Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum.

Lindsey's mom now thinks it's likely she was taken by someone she knew because she would have fought a stranger.

"She would have clawed them. She would have screamed, somebody would have heard something," Melissa Baum said.

Lindsey’s father, Greg Baum, lives in Tennessee and has been trying to come to McCleary, but is getting ready to deploy to Iraq. On Wednesday, he said he feel helpless, but knows the police are doing all they can.

"Right now, I'm just praying that she's found and she's found safe," Lindsey’s father said.

"I'll never give up. I know she'll come home, it's a matter of when and obviously the sooner the better. I know she's gonna come home,” Melissa Baum said.

Police, crews and volunteers have searched landfills, Dumpsters, creeks and conducted numerous ground searches, but have found no sign of Lindsey. The Mason County Sheriff’s Office is also questioning sex offenders about her disappearance.

Meanwhile, volunteers continue to hand out fliers in an effort to generate tips and keep spreading the word.

Police are asking people to get their facts from the police or media and to not flood the tip line after rumors about the case started circulating overnight.

Three billboards went up Thursday across Western Washington asking for the public’s help with this case.

Lindsey is 4 foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes, last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information about Lindsey’s disappearance should call the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office at 1-866-915-8299 or send an e-mail to: soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: July 03, 2009, 01:07:55 PM »

This guy was convicted and released the same day.  Is a Level III SO and has not registered.  I am sick .  I hope this is wrong.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: July 03, 2009, 01:09:16 PM »

"We're taking police officers and putting them on the street to follow up on the stack of tips we've received," said Scott.

Authorities expect Lindsey's father to arrive in town Thursday night or Friday. He's in the military service, stationed in Tennessee. Police hope he may be able to share new information with them to help them solve the disappearance.

We're looking at what's being said on the Internet. Looking at some of the communication that's being done in the community. The people that live here, the friends, the family, the neighbors, are the people that know this community better than you, than I, than any of the officers working it," said Scott. "So it's talking to them and hopefully prompting someone's memory and dragging out that seemingly meaningless piece of information that they have that's going to unravel this mystery."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-070209-missingmcclearygirlthursday,0,396026.story

I find this very concerning.  I would have assumed Lindsey's father would have immediately dropped everything and caught the next flight to McCleary following being informed of her disappearance.  I would have assumed he would have wanted to be involved in the search effort.

Janet

There was a news article yesterday that stated he was in the military and about to be deployed.  I would suspect he could not drop everything without being classified as AWOL and would need to get permission for some special leave first.

Thank you.  That explains a lot.

However ... I would think that under the circumstances ... permission would have been granted.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: July 03, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »

Janet

However ... I would think that under the circumstances ... permission would have been granted.

Janet

I totally agree.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »

Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched.
He misses the kids.

"Since this happened there hasn't been kids out here at all. They're usually running all over," he said.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

Has anyone mapped where this creek is in relation to the route home?  To search it 6 times sends off my hinky meter.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #668 on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:14 PM »

Janet

Janet

Unfortunately, being in the military is not like being able to walk into your "boss" office and getting permission.  It is even more complicated when you are being deployed.  There have been several articles posted here that gives explanation.  I too hope he gets a leave, I can't imagine how helpless he must feel.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: July 03, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »

Kara can you give us some idea of what is considered to be "west mason"?  It will help in mapping the SO's.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #670 on: July 03, 2009, 01:19:16 PM »

Maybe things are just not being explained too well, I don't know. It seems there are conflicting stories about Lindsey getting to Kayla's house, Lindsey leaving Kayla's house.

So Lindsey, Kayla and the brother all walked over to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night. On the way to Kara's house, Lindsey and her brother had a fight about a bike. The neighbor broke up the fight and sent the brother on his way. The girls go to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night, Kara you said she couldn't, is that correct? I have a few questions if you dont mind answering...

Why did the girls just not call you to ask. I thought they were at Lindsey's house, they were not?

So was the brother going over to kara's house as well or did he just meet up with the girls? (I thought the  fight happened earlier in the day)

What is the story with the bike?

It is certainly your right, but what was the reasons you didn't want Lindsey to spend the night?

did Lindsey hang out for a little while or did Lindsey just leave? If she stayed, what did the girls do?

Lindsey left your house at about 9:30, correct?

Did Kayla spend the night with Lindsey the night before?

Thank you for answering what you can.

From what Kayla tells me they decided to ask if Lindsey could stay the night only after they started walking over to our house. Often though she did not bring extra clothes if she stayed the night. Kayla also said that she wanted mainly to be able to stay the next night (Saturday) which is why she (Lindsey)  did not push me to try and get me to let her stay.

They were at Lindsey's house right before heading to my house. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes because they had been swimming all day at a friends house.

The bike did not have a chain (it belonged to her brother) and she was pushing herself around on it (from her house to the Shell station). After some time (when they reached the back of the Shell station) it became bothersome to Lindsey and she wanted her brother to take the bike home he didn't want to and wanted her to take it home. That started the argument.

I did tell her no to staying the night as did my old man. I told her no because I was trying to write that night and we were suppose to go out the following morning to look for seashells (I wanted to try making seashell candles). When the girls are together they don't like to sleep and are very loud. - Scott (my old man) had said no because he works nights typically (not that night though) and has very little time home. And the time he usually is home our house is typically full with my kids (4) and their friends so he was hoping for some peace and quiet.

Lindsey stayed for maybe 5 minutes but I don't even think it was a full 5 minutes before heading back home.

She left before 9:30 probably closer to 9:15.

Kayla did spend the night at Lindsey's house the night before.

For another post: It was friends of Lindsey and kayla that rented the movies the girls just happened to be with them at the time. That was at 8:19pm.

Please let me know if I missed anything.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: July 03, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »

I found one Mullin as a SO.  I am not saying there is any connection whatsoever.  Just putting it out there.

Details
Name: BRUCE D MULLINS Registration #: 640461
Level:  Level II 

Physical Description
• Sex: M • Weight: 205
• Race: Caucasian • Eyes: Green
• Hair: Blonde
• Scars/Tattoos: 

Address
1400 block of SE 125TH AVENUE VANCOUVER, WA 98683   View Map 

Offenses
• Description: 9A.44.073 - Rape of a child in the first degree.,
• Date Convicted: 03/25/1994 
• Date Released:   
• Details:

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=788206&AgencyID=54479
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #672 on: July 03, 2009, 01:21:16 PM »

As for Lindsey's dad - I know the papers and news make it seem like he was trying so hard but actually one of Melissa Baum's friends paid for his ticket to come here. I am told it was $ why he did not come right away. He has a new family in TN
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: July 03, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »

Maybe things are just not being explained too well, I don't know. It seems there are conflicting stories about Lindsey getting to Kayla's house, Lindsey leaving Kayla's house.

So Lindsey, Kayla and the brother all walked over to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night. On the way to Kara's house, Lindsey and her brother had a fight about a bike. The neighbor broke up the fight and sent the brother on his way. The girls go to Kara's house to ask if Lindsey could spend the night, Kara you said she couldn't, is that correct? I have a few questions if you dont mind answering...

Why did the girls just not call you to ask. I thought they were at Lindsey's house, they were not?

So was the brother going over to kara's house as well or did he just meet up with the girls? (I thought the  fight happened earlier in the day)

It is certainly your right, but what was the reasons you didn't want Lindsey to spend the night?

did Lindsey hang out for a little while or did Lindsey just leave? If she stayed, what did the girls do?

From what Kayla tells me they decided to ask if Lindsey could stay the night only after they started walking over to our house. Often though she did not bring extra clothes if she stayed the night. Kayla also said that she wanted mainly to be able to stay the next night (Saturday) which is why she (Lindsey)  did not push me to try and get me to let her stay.

They were at Lindsey's house right before heading to my house. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes because they had been swimming all day at a friends house.

The bike did not have a chain (it belonged to her brother) and she was pushing herself around on it (from her house to the Shell station). After some time (when they reached the back of the Shell station) it became bothersome to Lindsey and she wanted her brother to take the bike home he didn't want to and wanted her to take it home. That started the argument.

I did tell her no to staying the night as did my old man. I told her no because I was trying to write that night and we were suppose to go out the following morning to look for seashells (I wanted to try making seashell candles). When the girls are together they don't like to sleep and are very loud. - Scott (my old man) had said no because he works nights typically (not that night though) and has very little time home. And the time he usually is home our house is typically full with my kids (4) and their friends so he was hoping for some peace and quiet.

Lindsey stayed for maybe 5 minutes but I don't even think it was a full 5 minutes before heading back home.

For another post: It was friends of Lindsey and kayla that rented the movies the girls just happened to be with them at the time. That was at 8:19pm.

Thank you Kara.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #674 on: July 03, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

One other thing:

I have never heard anything about a car stopping and trying to talk to an 11 year old around here. I know that Marilyn LaChester says that but I could not find anyone who could verify that and we've never heard anything about it. The LaChester's no longer live in McCleary so would not have lived here when the girls thought that they were followed so she got that from a third party.

I am not familiar with west mason. Directions are horrible for me - I could get lost walking to the mailbox. I work full time at home on my computer so I rarely get out. I will ask Scott when he gets up and see if I can answer that, then if he can I will come and post it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #675 on: July 03, 2009, 01:44:57 PM »

Instead of kids playing in Jim Mullin's creek, search dogs were back on his property. It's the sixth time his place has been searched.
He misses the kids.

"Since this happened there hasn't been kids out here at all. They're usually running all over," he said.

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html

Has anyone mapped where this creek is in relation to the route home?  To search it 6 times sends off my hinky meter.

Well something isn't right with this, and I'm wondering if the timeline is off also, sure seems to me it is 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: July 03, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »

One other thing:

I have never heard anything about a car stopping and trying to talk to an 11 year old around here. I know that Marilyn LaChester says that but I could not find anyone who could verify that and we've never heard anything about it. The LaChester's no longer live in McCleary so would not have lived here when the girls thought that they were followed so she got that from a third party.

I am not familiar with west mason. Directions are horrible for me - I could get lost walking to the mailbox. I work full time at home on my computer so I rarely get out. I will ask Scott when he gets up and see if I can answer that, then if he can I will come and post it.

Kara

Considering that Marilyn LaChester's claims regarding the brother and the white vehicle involved Lindsey, her mother and law enforcement ... I would assume there are avenues of verifications in regards to the truth.

Also ... to her credit ... LaChester is forthcoming in regards to her identity.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: July 03, 2009, 01:58:45 PM »

Northern Rose

The guage on my hinky meter also went wild when I read the following but ... four days later ... nothing.

Who is Jim Mullin.  Maybe Kara could fill us in.

Janet

+++++++

Search ramps up for McCleary girl
10:19 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009
By DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Every option is still on the table for police, who say Lindsey could have been injured, lost, kidnapped or just ran away.

"We have not found evidence, we have not found circumstances, witnesses or information that speaks specifically as to what happened to Lindsey," said Scott.

He misses the kids.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2

_____

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: July 03, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

gee I wish I could get on here earlier than I do, but my mornings are so tied up, but here now

will see if I can figure out who this is and where this is

He misses the kids.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: July 03, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

Timeline

Thursday 25 June
Kayla spends the night at Lindsey's house

Friday 26 June
Lindsey and Kayla had been swimming all day at a friends house

8:19 - friends of Lindsey and kayla rented the movies the girls just happened to be with them at the time

After 8:19 (8:29) ](lets assume it takes 10 minutes to get from video store to Lindsey's house)- They were at Lindsey's house right before heading to my house. Lindsey bathed and changed clothes

After bath 8:59 (is 30 minutes to bath and change closes reasonable?)- she was pushing herself around on the bike (from her house to the Shell station). After some time (when they reached the back of the Shell station) If my timings are correct it only leaves 10 minutes to get from Lindsey's house to Kayla's house and there is no time to be pushing a bike around for some time.it became bothersome to Lindsey and she wanted her brother to take the bike home he didn't want to and wanted her to take it home. That started the argument.

At Kayla's (9:10) - Lindsey stayed for maybe 5 minutes

Leave Kayla's - She left before 9:30 probably closer to 9:15.

Looking for you guys to comment about my observations here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.