March 28, 2024, 04:29:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770417 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #940 on: July 04, 2009, 12:48:19 PM »

But, I also have thoughts along another line, how do we know for certain that she did not make it home, and then something happened, seemed to me it was a long wait before LE was called, imo.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: July 04, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »

But, I also have thoughts along another line, how do we know for certain that she did not make it home, and then something happened, seemed to me it was a long wait before LE was called, imo.

BINGO!!

When you consider how close to home that neighbours who knew Lindseys witnessed her walking .

As Melissa Baum did volunarily take a polygraph ... I believe ... in the process of elimination ... Josh has to been investigated/questioned.  I really do not want to go there but ... in the quest for answers ... Josh and all who came in contact with Lindsey between the time she left her home to the time she should have arrived home need to be interrogated by LE.

1.  The fingernail comment by Melissa Baem sent up red flags.
2.  What time did Josh return home following the argument with his sister?  There was such a short time span between the argument and ... when Lindsey should have returned home.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #942 on: July 04, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »

Happy 4th of July Monkeys

I was thinking this morning about Lindsey and family move to McCleary.
Melissa(Mom)said they moved to McCleary about 2 years ago and left Lindsey's Dad behind in TN(in military),they just got divorced earlier this year(?)so Lindsey was just this year without her Dad.She has not lived with her Dad for at least 2 years.

I'm wondering why Lindsey started school this year in McCleary and not when they first moved to McCleary 2 years ago.Melissa also said Lindsey was having a hard time at school this year.
I'm wondering IF there were problems with certain teachers or kids at her new school.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #943 on: July 04, 2009, 01:06:26 PM »

The Shell station video was looked at to see if Lindsey was seen on tape that night.  I just checked DOT to see if there are any highway cams and the closest ones are on 8 - Rock Candy Mountain cam and on 101 - Oyster Bay rd.  Wondering if LE has checked the tapes for that evening in case she was taken out of town in a vehicle.  I am also seeing if I can find anyone who may have a webcam set up to watch a birds nest, park etc..  In the Cantu case there was a private video set up for vandalism.  I have not heard if they have checked all the people in that area in case they had one.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/cwcam.aspx?cam=1151
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: July 04, 2009, 01:07:34 PM »

BINGO!!

When you consider how close to home that neighbours who knew Lindseys witnessed her walking .

As Melissa Baum did volunarily take a polygraph ... I believe ... in the process of elimination ... Josh has to been investigated/questioned.  I really do not want to go there but ... in the quest for answers ... Josh and all who came in contact with Lindsey between the time she left her home to the time she should have arrived home need to be interrogated by LE.

2.  What time did Josh return home following the argument with his sister?  There was such a short time span between the argument and ... when Lindsey should have returned home.

Janet

What bothers me is she is 10, why would you wait that long to call LE? And, yes what did the brother do after being told to go home?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: July 04, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »

Some articles had reproted that Kara told the girls they could not stay as the family had plans that night.  Not sure if this has been asked yet, was there anyone at Kara's that evening other than the normal family members (hubbie and kids)?  Did they have company or were expecting company?

I am sensing that Lindsey would have fought if it was a stranger abduction.  No one heard screams or a fight.  If she was taken it could have been someone she was familiar with, maybe not directly but through a friend perhaps - someone that she had seen before, would recognize but did not necessarily know.  Would she have trusted a person she had seen before as being safe?  By all accounts the sun was starting to set.  No trace found by dogs.  A person she recognized may have pulled over and offered a ride home as it was getting dark (going back to the white car comment). 
I was wondering that also, besides Kara, her boyfriend, and kids, was there someone else at the house? I really believe that Linsey knew the person, and like you just wrote, stopped and asked her if she wanted a ride, and she said yes.

Considering how close to home Lindsey was when she was observed by neighbours who knew ... I do not think that getting in a vehicle a stranger or with somebody she knows enters into the equation.

I could be wrong.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #946 on: July 04, 2009, 01:13:48 PM »

BINGO!!

Janet

What bothers me is she is 10, why would you wait that long to call LE? And, yes what did the brother do after being told to go home?
Yes,especially when Melissa said her curfew was 10:00 PM.
I think if I was lax enough(I'm not)to give a 10yo a 10PM curfew,at 10PM exactly I would have called Kara's house,have Kara drive the route to my house(Melissa's car was not working)as I walked the route to Kara's house(they keep saying this is only a 10 minute hike).....met up and then with no sign of Lindsey,called LE by 10:15PM.

Karma Is Coming

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: July 04, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »

KarmaRoundUp I would have done the same.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: July 04, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »

The inconsistency regarding when plans were made in regards to a sleepover may be insignificant but ... in my opinion ... the short time span between the events and when those events had to be recollected dictates there should be no inconsistencies in witness statements.

Janet

+++++++

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House
By SARAH NETTER
June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

From what Kayla tells me they decided to ask if Lindsey could stay the night only after they started walking over to our house. Often though she did not bring extra clothes if she stayed the night. Kayla also said that she wanted mainly to be able to stay the next night (Saturday) which is why she (Lindsey)  did not push me to try and get me to let her stay.

<snipped>

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: July 04, 2009, 01:38:11 PM »

Just a suggestion, but it may be helpful for some to go to "members" here at SM  (tab near top of page, next to "log out") and look up "KaraK".  Click on "last posts", and read her posts.  There are only 24 of them currently so it isn't a lot of reading, but I think some of the questions that are coming up are answered there, particularly for those that haven't been reading since this case started or haven't read Lindsey's entire thread.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: July 04, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »

There is a statement from a witness who says they saw Lindsey walking that evening, right? Do we know who that was?  Is that from police or from the family and friends? The friend that sent Josh on his way, did we hear that from police or from a friend or family member?

I am not sure if we can, but if we could weed out the fact vs fiction statements maybe we can get to the truth?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: July 04, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »

Going back through the thread and the Myspace accounts.  The one that jumped out to me was this one, friend or relative of Kara or both.

http://www.myspace.com/fit4you

Reading his blogs, troubled person. 
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #952 on: July 04, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »

Some articles had reproted that Kara told the girls they could not stay as the family had plans that night.  Not sure if this has been asked yet, was there anyone at Kara's that evening other than the normal family members (hubbie and kids)?  Did they have company or were expecting company?

I am sensing that Lindsey would have fought if it was a stranger abduction.  No one heard screams or a fight.  If she was taken it could have been someone she was familiar with, maybe not directly but through a friend perhaps - someone that she had seen before, would recognize but did not necessarily know.  Would she have trusted a person she had seen before as being safe?  By all accounts the sun was starting to set.  No trace found by dogs.  A person she recognized may have pulled over and offered a ride home as it was getting dark (going back to the white car comment). 
I was wondering that also, besides Kara, her boyfriend, and kids, was there someone else at the house? I really believe that Linsey knew the person, and like you just wrote, stopped and asked her if she wanted a ride, and she said yes.

Considering how close to home Lindsey was when she was observed by neighbours who knew ... I do not think that getting in a vehicle a stranger or with somebody she knows enters into the equation.

I could be wrong.

Janet

She was about half way home, not even to the shell station when last seen. I think that afforded opportunity. Not saying that is did happen but she wasn't "close" to home.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #953 on: July 04, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »

There is a statement from a witness who says they saw Lindsey walking that evening, right? Do we know who that was?  Is that from police or from the family and friends? The friend that sent Josh on his way, did we hear that from police or from a friend or family member?

I am not sure if we can, but if we could weed out the fact vs fiction statements maybe we can get to the truth?

That is from LE. There was 2 witnesses that came forward. One just after it happened. One on Tues/Wed. They have not mentioned these witnesses names. I think they have their reasons for that.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #954 on: July 04, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »

Another interesting user comment left.  Is reporting of this case that bad or did something leak that should not have?

AHS-ALUM wrote on Jul 4, 2009 8:28 AM:

" This is what i dont understand. Last night as we were driving the news broke in on 105.7 the jet, they said that Lindseys computer had been forensically analyzed and 'some new information came to light and they would be checking other computer that she may have been in contact with'. They they also said that the rumors need to stop and only call with legitimate tips. now that right there, totally contradicts what they have been saying all along. dont you think that now they dont wanna hear 'just the littlest tip'. Now the paper is saying that the computers 'yielded nothing'? I think that ev1 needs to get their facts straight....I wouldnt doubt for a second if its the yahoos that work for the county and the sheriffs dept are the ones spreading the rumors! Welcome to Grays Harbor! "

http://**/articles/2009/07/04/local_news/doc4a4ef863951fd228403524.txt

I think the "new information that had came to light" was someone told them that Lindsey may have been using friends/library computers to sign on to myspace and access the internet. It isn't that they lied, they just got a new tip.  jmo

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: July 04, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
JACOB JONES | THE DAILY WORLD

<snipped>

Baum disappeared late Friday while walking home from a friend’s house. No evidence of her whereabouts has turned up despite confirmed sightings of her just blocks from home shortly after 9 p.m.

<snipped>

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

BUMPED

_____

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #956 on: July 04, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »

A post from JenniferO over at WS:

6th Street hill is south of Maple (heading towards Fir and Pine Street), Simpson is north.

Karma Is Coming

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #957 on: July 04, 2009, 02:26:23 PM »

Latest Map: Credit to jvk over yonder:

BUMP

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

The girl’s route home would have taken her from her friend’s house in the 600 block of Maple Street, along the residential street with no sidewalks.

She would have walked down Maple and would have had to cross 3rd Street, which is a main road in the town and has a crosswalk. At that point she would have had a short walk through a a commercial area, including a nearby bus station and a gas station. She would have had to cross the larger street, then back onto a residential street without a sidewalk and head down to her house at the 300 block of Mommsen Street, a dead-end residential neighborhood within view of the police station.

But a minute or two before she crossed 3rd Street, she disappeared.

http://**/articles/2009/07/01/local_news/doc4a4ba9ab562a5957341684.txt

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: July 04, 2009, 02:27:46 PM »

June 30, 2009

Scott said that there were a few businesses located just off the street Lindsey would have used to get home, and while the little girl did not appear in any of the videos, police have received clues about who was in the area at the time she disappeared.

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: July 04, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »

June 30, 2009

Scott said that there were a few businesses located just off the street Lindsey would have used to get home, and while the little girl did not appear in any of the videos, police have received clues about who was in the area at the time she disappeared.

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

That's real close to home, not that someone couldn't have grabbed her, or even stopped to ask her if she wanted a ride home.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.