March 29, 2024, 09:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770609 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1000 on: July 04, 2009, 06:49:02 PM »

well I personally just can't figure out where that parcel actually is and where the creek is, and right now I really have to get back to something I was doing about people in the case, so I will go do that for now and hopefully someone can figure out exactly where that is.  I looked on all kinds of different maps and it shows no real water. 

maybe Kara can get on here and just point it out for us.

The only creek that the girls said they played around was the one that is actually located behind Simpson Mill which is right off Simpson street. I can't ask my daughter just yet because I sent her to my sisters for the weekend she was starting to get a little moody so I think she needed to get away. I know the creek seems to run quite a ways in either direction and it was an area that Lindsey really loved to hang out at. It is hidden in the trees most likely which is why it is hard to see. I don't remember if it is 6th or 7th that has Simpson parking lot on the right hand side and a house on the left but there is a trail right between the two that leads back to the creek where they played.

oh I see you have already answered me about this, sorry for asking again, had not read your reply yet.  so hmm that is what I was thinking that she went to the creek by simpsons.  I wonder why they keep searching a jim mullins creek and his property is listed at 220 6th.  none of that makes sense.  maybe he had moved or own two parcels.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1001 on: July 04, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Just a suggestion, but it may be helpful for some to go to "members" here at SM  (tab near top of page, next to "log out") and look up "KaraK".  Click on "last posts", and read her posts.  There are only 24 of them currently so it isn't a lot of reading, but I think some of the questions that are coming up are answered there, particularly for those that haven't been reading since this case started or haven't read Lindsey's entire thread.  JMHO

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1002 on: July 04, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »

Kara thank you so much for answering and I hope you get your computer soon.  I am sorry to hear about Wesley.  I feel that anyone that serves the country should get more support after they are back that just is not there for them.

The timeline I did, then I was correct th tat they were at the video store at 8:19 , then went to Lindsey's, Lindsey then has a bath, then head to your house?

The time between the video store and your house is 1 hour 4 minutes.  As stated before, that seems very short to fit in a bath, re-dress, primp, bike push, fight, intervention, and walk to your door. 

Do we know anything more about the principle/superintendent of the school.  I dug up some interesting allegations about him .

Also does Lindsey's mom rent the house from someone named Eric from Elma? Has he been checked out throughly?

I wish your 4th of July was not spent with these questions and am sending strength to you and your family until Lindsey comes home safe.

I never actually met the principle and honestly until you guys brought it up had not heard of any allegations. I will be bring those up to the authorities though I know they won't actually tell me anything.

I believe that is Melissa's landlord though I am sure he has not been checked out yet. I will ask about that as well.

From what I can tell your time line is pretty right on though there are slight time inconsistencies between my recollection and others so there may be a few minutes difference in everything except for the video store. I believe the girls may have played or talked out in front of Lindsey's for a while before she went in to bathe and change which would take up some of the time but my daughter did not mention anything in between that time so I will be re-asking. I honestly had not even thought about that time gap so it seems important.

My 4th was spent at home praying and thinking I could not imagine doing anything else right now . I did send my family to be with family and they are having fun as they should but now knowing that this will shortly be left in the hands of the Sheriff's dept and McCleary PD I was hoping to remember anything new before we started losing resources. I thought all night and realized that I don't think we ever really dug into who the girls knew or would say hi to etc or even people Josh knew that are regulars around here. They are going to re-question all the kids involved and see if they can identify the people that would be a normal or friendly face to them. Hopefully this can shed a little light on who would have the opportunity to seem trustworthy to Lindsey.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1003 on: July 04, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »

Thank-you KaraK for answering those questions, and also, that is good that Lindsey's mom was at the vigil. It didn't make any sense to me that she didn't go.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1004 on: July 04, 2009, 06:57:27 PM »

oh I see you have already answered me about this, sorry for asking again, had not read your reply yet.  so hmm that is what I was thinking that she went to the creek by simpsons.  I wonder why they keep searching a jim mullins creek and his property is listed at 220 6th.  none of that makes sense.  maybe he had moved or own two parcels.

I am going to find out if there was another creek that they maybe did not tell me about and I will let you know what I find out.

I don't know if any of you guys check the sleuths forum ( I don't as recommended by a member there) but a gentleman came out taking pics for a blog and is a regular there and he actually had a guy threaten to sic his dogs on him while he was taking pics. I think he posted the guys address on that forum. Seems like a strange reaction and I don't know who the guy is or why he would react that way. just thought I'd mention it.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1005 on: July 04, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »

Thank-you KaraK for answering those questions, and also, that is good that Lindsey's mom was at the vigil. It didn't make any sense to me that she didn't go.

She actually did not go. She lives above the park where it was held and stayed home by the phones. It was actually not a good night for her she was having a rough time but was also talking with our local PD at the time the vigil took place. Her family and friends came down and spoke and then went back to her place to let her know about it. I've not seen her move from her phones since this took place. Her regular routine right now consists of her sitting in her chair or front porch with her cell phone, her home phone and another phone that was provided to her, waiting for word on anything and answering questions as they come.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1006 on: July 04, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »

Kara I am glad you came back to answer questions. I know it must be difficult to do. I feel for your town, I know how shockiing it is to have this happen in a place you never ever believed could happen in. I pray Lindsey is found soon!

Happy 4th everyone, I am off now for a while. "see" you all later. Please remember to be safe!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: July 04, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »

I know mccleary is said to be a "mill town".  Is it pretty much a logging town?  are there a lot of people who work in the woods as loggers or drive logging trucks etc? 

I know the logging jobs are "bid jobs", so they can have logging companies come in from all over.  is there a bar or restaurant there where loggers tend to go?  and would out of town loggers come in town there do you think? 

might pay to get ahold of the forest service sales persons and get the bid sheets and see who bid and got the contracts, get the company name and find out who is on the payroll. 

To find me:
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1008 on: July 04, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »

Kara I am glad you came back to answer questions. I know it must be difficult to do. I feel for your town, I know how shockiing it is to have this happen in a place you never ever believed could happen in. I pray Lindsey is found soon!

Happy 4th everyone, I am off now for a while. "see" you all later. Please remember to be safe!

I wanted to tell you guys that I am seeing some of the questions being asked here on this forum now being asked here in this town so I think someone is watching this forum which is great I think you guys have pointed out a lot of good things that need to be looked at and hopefully one of those things will point them in the right direction. So thank you all for caring and for not letting these kids Lindsey and all the others that you have on here be lost and labeled as just another tragedy but instead as our children whose stories should not be lost in the media to outside celebrity and BS drama.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: July 04, 2009, 07:13:04 PM »

I hope LE has throughly checked out Eric the landlord.  He has had several court filings and cases and though it may be simple landlord tenant issues, it should be checked into.  I am guessing that Lindsey would have recognized him.  So if he would have pulled up beside her, asked her if she was heading home, and then said he had to go talk to he mom jump in as I am going there anyways....would she have gone?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1010 on: July 04, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

Deenie you have Nanners.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1011 on: July 04, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »

She actually did not go. She lives above the park where it was held and stayed home by the phones. It was actually not a good night for her she was having a rough time but was also talking with our local PD at the time the vigil took place. Her family and friends came down and spoke and then went back to her place to let her know about it. I've not seen her move from her phones since this took place. Her regular routine right now consists of her sitting in her chair or front porch with her cell phone, her home phone and another phone that was provided to her, waiting for word on anything and answering questions as they come.
How terribly sad.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1012 on: July 04, 2009, 07:25:27 PM »

Teekah Lewis' mom offers advice for McCleary family

03:55 PM PDT on Saturday, July 4, 2009

By CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News

KING

Teekah Lewis at age 2 - shortly before her disappearance.

TACOMA, Wash. - It's another holiday, and another birthday missed for one local family.

Teekah Lewis turned 13 today.

"It gets harder by the year," says Theresa Lewis.

Teekah disappeared January 23, 1999 as she played at a Tacoma bowling alley. Police later believed the then 2-year-old was abducted.

Related Content

No strong leads in McCleary girl's disappearance

Jan. 23, 2009: No clue in 10-year disappearance of Tacoma girl

"It's time for her to come home, I know someone knows where my daughter is at, and they need to come forward," says Lewis.

Today, Theresa returned to the spot where Teekah was last seen. She put up signs and 13 balloons in honor of her birthday.

She also says she's trying to avoid coverage of the disappearance of another young girl, Lindsay Baum.  The 10-year-old McCleary girl vanished more than a week ago.

Grays Harbor County Sheriffs' Deputies said Saturday that there are no new clues in the disappearance, and it's becoming more likely the girl was taken away from the town, because they've now searched most of McCleary.

Lewis shares the pain the Baum family is going through, and offers her own advice: "Don't never give up, you know she's out there somewhere. My heart goes out to you, being that I've been dealing with it for 10 years, and there isn't one that day doesn't go by that I don't think about my daughter."

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_070409WAB-teekah-KS.b27ceb4.html

Wow - I can't believe it's been 10 years already! That was so sweet of her to reach out to Lindsey's mom.

Prayers for Teekah and her family. It's time for this child to come home.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1013 on: July 04, 2009, 07:27:20 PM »

I know mccleary is said to be a "mill town".  Is it pretty much a logging town?  are there a lot of people who work in the woods as loggers or drive logging trucks etc? 

I know the logging jobs are "bid jobs", so they can have logging companies come in from all over.  is there a bar or restaurant there where loggers tend to go?  and would out of town loggers come in town there do you think? 

might pay to get ahold of the forest service sales persons and get the bid sheets and see who bid and got the contracts, get the company name and find out who is on the payroll. 

I really have not seen any logging or such close around here. I know we have Simpson mill and TONS of truckers who come through here en route to other places but I don't see a lot of outsiders that actually stop in.  I may not be the best person to answer that though because I do not get out a whole lot I do freelance work online that wastes away most of my days.

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1014 on: July 04, 2009, 07:31:44 PM »

Teekah Lewis' mom offers advice for McCleary family

03:55 PM PDT on Saturday, July 4, 2009

By CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News

KING

Teekah Lewis at age 2 - shortly before her disappearance.

TACOMA, Wash. - It's another holiday, and another birthday missed for one local family.

Teekah Lewis turned 13 today.

"It gets harder by the year," says Theresa Lewis.

Teekah disappeared January 23, 1999 as she played at a Tacoma bowling alley. Police later believed the then 2-year-old was abducted.

Related Content

No strong leads in McCleary girl's disappearance

Jan. 23, 2009: No clue in 10-year disappearance of Tacoma girl

"It's time for her to come home, I know someone knows where my daughter is at, and they need to come forward," says Lewis.

Today, Theresa returned to the spot where Teekah was last seen. She put up signs and 13 balloons in honor of her birthday.

She also says she's trying to avoid coverage of the disappearance of another young girl, Lindsay Baum.  The 10-year-old McCleary girl vanished more than a week ago.

Grays Harbor County Sheriffs' Deputies said Saturday that there are no new clues in the disappearance, and it's becoming more likely the girl was taken away from the town, because they've now searched most of McCleary.

Lewis shares the pain the Baum family is going through, and offers her own advice: "Don't never give up, you know she's out there somewhere. My heart goes out to you, being that I've been dealing with it for 10 years, and there isn't one that day doesn't go by that I don't think about my daughter."

http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_070409WAB-teekah-KS.b27ceb4.html

Wow - I can't believe it's been 10 years already! That was so sweet of her to reach out to Lindsey's mom.

Prayers for Teekah and her family. It's time for this child to come home.

I feel horrible I had not heard about Teekah's case. I can not imagine what these last 10 years have felt like. It's never too late and I pray Teekah finds her way home to be with her family.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1015 on: July 04, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »

I really have not seen any logging or such close around here. I know we have Simpson mill and TONS of truckers who come through here en route to other places but I don't see a lot of outsiders that actually stop in.  I may not be the best person to answer that though because I do not get out a whole lot I do freelance work online that wastes away most of my days.

I do want to let you know I just had a visitor that Lindsey's family hired - an independent tracker renowned for helping where others have failed http://www.k9sardog.com/harryoakes.html and he says he picked up a scent nearly the same as I was told before. He cut his usual fee and is currently trying to track using his trained dogs. Pray he finds something that the others have missed!!!

That is wonderful!  The scent was up the hill on 6th which would be south?  That is towards Mullin's creek?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1016 on: July 04, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

I am so glad to hear they have another dog handler.  well hmmm so if they had anythig before and just not saying they did, the they did not tell lindsey's mom about it or she would not be hiring another one.  gee, who the heck did the police bring in.  grr.  I am glad someone else is trying to trail her.

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1017 on: July 04, 2009, 07:36:23 PM »

guess it is time to find out who lives on 6th

To find me:
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »

Hi Monks and Happy Holidays!!

I have been reading along and totally sympatize with what the family of Lindsay and the entire community is going through.

Being around these cases as long as I have and as long as some of you have - you eventually come to realize that people don't just disappear. Something happens - but what? People don't de-materialize.

McCleary is a small lil "everyone knows everyone" kinda town and by now the police and FBI have a good idea what happened to Lindsay - they just don't know "what happened".

After looking at everyone in the area and no solid leads they need to look beyond McCleary.

Lindsay's last known whereabout are pretty well established by a few witnesses - and taking into account that she doesn't seem to have made it home - that leaves only someone in a car or truck as a likely abductor.

++

BTW - a "blood hound" is called a blood hound for a reason and they have receptors in their noses that are 10,000 times more powerful than an average dog.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1019 on: July 04, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

guess it is time to find out who lives on 6th

I was thinking the same thing, but it would really help to know if it is north or south.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.