March 29, 2024, 04:42:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770555 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1080 on: July 05, 2009, 12:42:40 AM »

a lot of the christian recovery groups are a whole lot less structured than AA/NA.  this is one reason why the mandatory attendance persons will choose to go to the christian based groups.  when a lot of mandatory attendance people attend these groups, a lot of times they become no more than a local drug connection meet-up. 

but I can't believe the local police act like oh well, none of our businness what the church is doing or who goes there.  are they stupid!

I respectfully disagree.

Christian based or not ... the meeting location of those with drug or alcohol addictions who are in a recovery program as a result of a court order ... often ends up as a place to hook-up.

It is those who are in attendance on a voluntary basis ... those with a since desire to beat the addiction who are the ones who are focus on the recovery process.

Janet

I think you read me wrong .  I think we are saying the same thing.  I am saying because people are court ordered and MADE TO GO, maybe do not go to get help, they go because they have to attend, and it becomes a local drug connection rather than a place of recovery.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1081 on: July 05, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »

I noticed a couple addresses that I had looked up and there were a LOT of people there with different last names.  I mean like over 10 or so at the same address, I had wondered if this was an assisted living place or a half-way house of some kind. 

do you know of any half-way houses there?  I'll try to find the addresses tomorrow of where there were so many different last names.  it was not an apt complex or anything like that, just a whole lot of people in one house.

ugh, falling asleep.  bb tomorrow

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1082 on: July 05, 2009, 01:00:50 AM »

doubledecker ... that you for all your research.  Your skills are amazing.

Kara ... if you could answer my questions ... I would appreciate it.

Good Night Monkeys.

Janet
9:40 PM PT

According to my daughter the thought of anyone spending the night at my house was thought up on the way to my house. So, Lindsey's mom would have had reason to be worried when she did not show up by 10ish because she at that time was (to my knowledge) not aware the girls had asked me or were going to ask to spend the night at my house or that I'd said no.  I believe she was under the impression that both girls would be coming back to her house which would take them longer because Kayla has to bring along many outfits if she stays the night.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1083 on: July 05, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »

and the FBI is still working on the case. We just don't know for how much longer they are going to be the ones running the show.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1084 on: July 05, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »

Good Night Monkeys.

Janet

According to my daughter the thought of anyone spending the night at my house was thought up on the way to my house. So, Lindsey's mom would have had reason to be worried when she did not show up by 10ish because she at that time was (to my knowledge) not aware the girls had asked me or were going to ask to spend the night at my house or that I'd said no.  I believe she was under the impression that both girls would be coming back to her house which would take them longer because Kayla has to bring along many outfits if she stays the night.

Thank you Kara

What time did Melissa contact you with her concern that the girls had not returned home?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1085 on: July 05, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »

a lot of the christian recovery groups are a whole lot less structured than AA/NA.  this is one reason why the mandatory attendance persons will choose to go to the christian based groups.  when a lot of mandatory attendance people attend these groups, a lot of times they become no more than a local drug connection meet-up. 

but I can't believe the local police act like oh well, none of our businness what the church is doing or who goes there.  are they stupid!

I respectfully disagree.

Christian based or not ... the meeting location of those with drug or alcohol addictions who are in a recovery program as a result of a court order ... often ends up as a place to hook-up.

It is those who are in attendance on a voluntary basis ... those with a since desire to beat the addiction who are the ones who are focus on the recovery process.

Janet

I think you read me wrong .  I think we are saying the same thing.  I am saying because people are court ordered and MADE TO GO, maybe do not go to get help, they go because they have to attend, and it becomes a local drug connection rather than a place of recovery.

I did misunderstand.

Although our church does not oversee any recovery programs ... I know that all of its  outreaches are VERY structured and ... those involved have a responsibllity to conform to the structure if ongoing attendance is desired.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1086 on: July 05, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »

Good Night Monkeys.

Janet

Thank you Kara

What time did Melissa contact you with her concern that the girls had not returned home?

Janet

I believe it was 10:25 when I got the call. I am not sure if she tried previous to that because my battery was drained and charging and I have a majorly cheap phone that works only when it wants to.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1087 on: July 05, 2009, 05:32:27 AM »

Karak, is there anyone she could have gotten friendly with in the store, that her Mom knows of?

Thanks.  I have been thinking of you and praying for Lindsey, her family, and yours.

We have 3 stores Gordons grocery store that closes now at 9pm (months ago at 8pm) and across from that is Mikes Marketplace (combined w/ 76 gas station) and then a little further away around the corner the Shell gas station. There is usually only 1 worker at a  time running both Mikes and the Shell station both of which the girls were not allowed in - a momentary lapse of judgment that we called them on. The night she disappeared by 11pm I had spoken with the workers at both stores - both of which were familiar with her but neither had seen her. They, I believe, provided videos to attest to the fact that they were both working that night. Everything here shuts down pretty early and at that time those 2 stores were all that were really open.

I'm still going to ask around and I'll let you know if I find out anything at all.

KaraK I read this in one of the articles  "She sometimes worked the front counter at Baum’s store in Elma, a “dollar store.”

This is the store I was referring to.  Was there someone who may come into the store who she is friendly with, or is that person is overly friendly with her, maybe looking for her or asking for her when that person comes into the store? 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1088 on: July 05, 2009, 06:57:50 AM »

Community remains hopeful
By Rachel Thomson - The Daily World
Sunday, July 5, 2009 1:14 AM PDT
MACLEOD PAPPIDAS | THE DAILY WORLD

McCLEARY — Compared to a few days ago, downtown McCleary was quiet on Saturday. No helicopters circled overhead. Traffic was sparse and no satellite news trucks sat in parking lots. The mobile command center truck parked in front of the police station for much of the week, was gone.

Eight days have passed since 10-year-old Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house on a Friday evening. Law enforcement officials spent the past Friday night constructing a profile of what the town would have looked exactly a week earlier.

They spent hours talking to businesses that were open, couriers who might have been in town, and stopping cars passing by, but didn’t come up with much new.

“No one who was here last Friday remembered anything,” said Undersheriff Rick Scott. “We received a few suggestions about where to look or who we might talk to who might have been in the area, but we haven’t received any suggestions so original that they haven’t already been (looked at) in some way or form. The community has been helpful with its support, but even they are running out of ideas.”

Baum’s father flew in from Tennessee late Friday evening. He and family members sat on the porch Saturday afternoon looking out at the road, as if expecting Baum to come running up the driveway. He said he didn’t feel like talking to a reporter. He spoke with the Sheriff’s Office Saturday morning, but “wasn’t able to offer much more information,” Scott said.

With virtually no clues to help investigators, the small town of about 1,500 residents still shows a sense of hope that seems to be unwavering.

The windows and sliding glass doors at nearly every business bear a color flier of Baum. Families gathered across the street from the police station selling cupcakes to raise money for the Baums. Under a sweltering sun, volunteers continued to hand out fliers to every car. Signs at businesses boast messages like “Hope and pray,” and “We will not give up hope, Lindsey!”

A donation jar sits near the register at Kathy Stockam’s Five Cents to Five Bucks store.

“She was such a talkative kid,” Stockam said, noting Baum and a group of her friends had stayed at her store until closing time the night before Baum disappeared.

“She would come here a lot, sometimes two times a day. She came in here to remind me her birthday was coming up because we give kids a free helium balloon on their birthday. ... That’s the last I saw her. It’s heartbreaking.”

Lindsey, a sixth grader to be at McCleary School, will be 11 on Tuesday.

A few blocks away, Felix Salazar watched his two kids, ages 4 and 2 play on a slide near Beerbower Park Saturday afternoon. He said he would love to hear the news that Baum was found safely, but coming to the realization that a child abduction may have occurred in the community has caused him to be more protective.

“You just have to watch your kids a little more,” he said. “You used to be able to let them go outside and play, but when something like this happens, it kind of puts everybody on edge.”

Scott said law enforcement officials will be spending the rest of the weekend continuing to go back over interviews that have already been conducted to see if any would warrant follow-up questions. He said the next steps would be expanding efforts into areas beyond McCleary and into Thurston County by enlisting the help of local citizens.

“It gets harder the further out you go to search outlying areas,” Scott said. “We’re asking private landowners or anyone who knows those areas well to search on their own properties and neighborhoods and to call us if they find anything unusual.”

http://thedailyworld.com/articles/2009/07/05/local_news/doc4a5046ad80db5470513203.txt

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1089 on: July 05, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »

How far away is the church where the recovery meetings are held ?
That would bring strangers or persons who just pass thru into the community.
It's the same thing here, you have persons going into programs for court ordered reasons, but it is usually not for just meetings. AA Meetings do not take attendance. The other attendees would not know anyone else's history for sure. They might know if anyone new was there. Someone who wasn't solid. 
Are there meetings on the Friday night and what time are they over ?   
There is a group around the corner from me. They meet from 8 - 9 and then hang around and socialize outside or in the coffee shop afterwards, else I wouldn't know they were near here. ( Never any problems ).

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1090 on: July 05, 2009, 09:40:38 AM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19947270/detail.html

Efforts To Find Missing Girl Continue Through Weekend
Posted: 4:06 am PDT July 4, 2009
Updated: 5:17 am PDT July 4, 2009

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Efforts to find a missing Grays Harbor County girl will continue through the Independence Day weekend.

Lindsey Baum, 10, was last seen June 26 in her home town of McCleary.

F.B.I. agents are stopping drivers as they enter the town.

Investigators have also stopped people on foot.

The efforts will continue through the weekend.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1091 on: July 05, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »

I know the FBI is working this, but did they check who gassed up that Friday night at either service station ? They would have the cash register receipts and who pays in cash these days ?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1092 on: July 05, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »

I know the FBI is working this, but did they check who gassed up that Friday night at either service station ? They would have the cash register receipts and who pays in cash these days ?

That's a good point, and I'm sure they checked all the surveilance tapes also.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1093 on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:33 AM »

whatever happened with the woman who claims to have driven by and seen lindsey? does she or anyone in her family have a previous criminal history that anyone is aware of?  i will try to go back and find her name and do a search...just a thought
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1094 on: July 05, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »

How far away is the church where the recovery meetings are held ?
That would bring strangers or persons who just pass thru into the community.
It's the same thing here, you have persons going into programs for court ordered reasons, but it is usually not for just meetings. AA Meetings do not take attendance. The other attendees would not know anyone else's history for sure. They might know if anyone new was there. Someone who wasn't solid. 
Are there meetings on the Friday night and what time are they over ?   
There is a group around the corner from me. They meet from 8 - 9 and then hang around and socialize outside or in the coffee shop afterwards, else I wouldn't know they were near here. ( Never any problems ).

i think its great that there are so many good theories and ideas on this board, i really hope that all of us here can help in bringing this little girl home by sharing our ideas....  i think its great to look into all of the groups in the area...i was suprised by the response that the police gave kk about looking into these groups...i think the fbi and police are pretty sure that this was not a stranger abduction at this point and think it's a local...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1095 on: July 05, 2009, 10:26:41 AM »

The window of time and place is so narrow it is frightening how someone could just vanish like this. They always look at the family first and the last seen with or by. That seems to be getting them no where. If lie detector tests were given and someone had an unclear or out and out lie,the investigation would be going in that direction, to that person. Further inteviews, etc. That is why I am thinking of someone who is under the radar, either living on that street or the neighbouring street. Or a person passing thru who has no real connection to the town.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1096 on: July 05, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »

The window of time and place is so narrow it is frightening how someone could just vanish like this. They always look at the family first and the last seen with or by. That seems to be getting them no where. If lie detector tests were given and someone had an unclear or out and out lie,the investigation would be going in that direction, to that person. Further inteviews, etc. That is why I am thinking of someone who is under the radar, either living on that street or the neighbouring street. Or a person passing thru who has no real connection to the town.

Supposedly Lindsey had slip on shoes, somekind of flip flops or sandals. I'm guessing if someone grapped her, those kind of shoes would perhaps slip off her feet, were any shoes found, I wonder? Also, and I hate to say this, but if a person drove up, and perhaps pointed a gun at her, and told her to get in the car, I'm thinking most people would, they would be so frightened. If something like that happened, that might be why there was no screaming or a scuffle of some kind.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1097 on: July 05, 2009, 10:38:14 AM »

whatever happened with the woman who claims to have driven by and seen lindsey? does she or anyone in her family have a previous criminal history that anyone is aware of?  i will try to go back and find her name and do a search...just a thought

i need to re edit my post...what i meant to ask, was what ever came of that woman who claims that lindsey called 911 from her house about an abuser at home?  i remember reading in previous posts that KK said this was false and this woman has her own reason for making things up, however i am wondering where this person lives now, and if she has any teenagers in her home or any males in their 20's...i know i keep bringing this up but i just cant shake this gut feeling i have that a teen/young adult male was involved in this somehow
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1098 on: July 05, 2009, 10:48:35 AM »

one more thing about recovery groups.  a lot of times people are ORDERED BY THE COURT to attend recovery programs, this is not only AA/NA, many of the christian based groups will qualify to the courts. 

many of the people who are ORDERED BY THE COURT to attend these group meetings have no intention on quitting whatever it is they are attending the group for; they HAVE to go to the meetings as part of their probation/parole. 

there is a chance these groups might bring in parolees to the groups or druggies or even sex addicts etc, who have no intention on trying to overcome their addictions.  this could be something which causes outside criminals, sex offenders, etc to come into mccleary, who otherwise would not be there.

That is exactly what I was thinking and on Friday nights meetings are held in Shelton and Olympia which are only minutes away but McCleary is a common cut through to get to both places. Depending on meeting length that may put people coming back through McCleary around that time...maybe?
Also a person could attend meetings in different towns,like fridays in Olympia and mondays in McCleary.I don't know where the 2 closed groups(one is a sexual addiction group)meet....there is only a contact name and number.
This one below meets on monday nights in McCleary.

6:30 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Meeting
Celebrate Recovery
Black Hills Vineyard Christian Fellowship
Office and Training Center
221 Simpson Street
McCleary, WA
Phone: 360 470-3210

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1099 on: July 05, 2009, 10:54:18 AM »

i need to re edit my post...what i meant to ask, was what ever came of that woman who claims that lindsey called 911 from her house about an abuser at home?  i remember reading in previous posts that KK said this was false and this woman has her own reason for making things up, however i am wondering where this person lives now, and if she has any teenagers in her home or any males in their 20's...i know i keep bringing this up but i just cant shake this gut feeling i have that a teen/young adult male was involved in this somehow
I agree with you, that woman who has been making comments on a local website, I hope she and her family have been looked into, something is strange about her. I know that I read she has a child around Lindsey's age, but don't know about other children.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.