March 28, 2024, 08:01:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770455 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1280 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:37 PM »

I haven't had a chance to follow this case closely and was wondering something.  Did they have tracking or cadaver dogs searching for Lindsey?  Did they start out from Lindsey's friends home and walk the different possible routes? 
So it was stated in the News and reports they did use Bloodhounds to try to track Lindsey's scent .. and they came up with nothing on any of the paths ..she would have taken or possible walked upon.  They were sent out right after she was reported missing.

snipped: The FBI is now part of the team that is investigating her disappearance.
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/01/crimesider/entry5127770.shtml
Searchers on horseback have also helped the effort, complementing efforts by the Washington State Patrol to search for Lindsey by air, with a plane that is equipped with a heat-sensing camera to scan the ground. The video is being fed back to the ground where officials can see the results in real-time.
Cadets from the Civil Air Patrol are also joining the growing search party, and police scoured surveillance videos from the town's businesses looking for any clues. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of
Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

------------
aaah can't imagine .. 

So search dogs and bloodhounds didn't pick up her scent, how odd.  Almost as if she disappeared from her friends house?  Didn't someone see her about 1/2 way home or something?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:30:15 PM by klaasend » Logged
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1281 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »

He is not a minister, he is a missionary. I called Callie White at the Daily World who did the article on him and she was publishing a retraction. Whether that was in print or online, I don't know.

He lives in McCleary.
So where does he have the missionary position. ? lol
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1282 on: July 05, 2009, 09:49:52 PM »

these are relatives of wayne watne

WATNE, MECHELLE LEWIS (Age 41)

Associated names:

LEWIS, MECHELLE

Possible Employment / Business Associations:

MECHELLE L WATNE Air Courier Services
 WATNE WORKSHOP Temporary Shelter
 WATNE WORKSHOP
 KEYPORT, WA
CORVALLIS, OR
TANGENT, OR
LEBANON, OR
CLAREMONT, CA
SAN JOSE, CA

Possible Relatives:

WATNE, BRIAN KENNETH (Age 42)
WATNE, WAYNE S (Age 46)
LEWIS, THOMAS L (Age 69)
LEWISELINE, JAQUELINE S (Age 64)
INGERSOLL, STACIE ANN (Age 35)

.  WATNE, MECHELLE
 TACOMA, WA   

.  WATNE, MECHELLE L (Age 41)
 POULSBO, WA

Possible Relatives:

WATNE, BRIAN K (Age 42) 

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: July 05, 2009, 09:50:32 PM »

Why did the tracking dogs not detect Lindsey's scent at all.  It is confirmed that Lindsey took that same route on the walk to the Kampen home?

It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++

BLOODHOUNDS

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girl
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM PDT

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Klaas ... I bumped this post FYI.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1284 on: July 05, 2009, 09:51:59 PM »

Wow you all were busy today! I just read 5 pages since I was here last. I am jumping out of my skin here. Very, very interesting about Josh being bullied. Whew.

Kara can you please tell me if any of the parents had an issue with Josh  at school, maybe one of their kids got in trouble for fighting with him? Do you think Josh has any sort of issue, such as ADHD or ???  I ask because there is a posting on the school site that talks badly about how the principal deals with special ed students.

If push came to shove, would Lindsey have stuck up for her brother? To be honest with you all, when I was going up I completely hated my brother, couldn't stand the sight of him, that is until someone made fun of him or said something bad about him. I honestly got into so many fights standing up for him.

The woman posting on the site, does she have a child? Does that child have a problem with Josh and/or Lindsey? Seems to me and although she could be telling the truth she is making a big push on blaming the brother when in all reality, it makes no sense he could have done this and gotten away with it for so long. Also, could this woman/person feel the need to protect Lindsey? Maybe hiding her somewhere to protect her from something she believes is a real threat?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1285 on: July 05, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »

Or maybe someone who felt the need to protect Josh from a sister that taunted him? (per Kara's statement)

Not to sound off my rocker, but there is an occult in that area, did that evening hold any type of astrological/numerological meaning or significance? 
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1286 on: July 05, 2009, 09:58:57 PM »

I haven't had a chance to follow this case closely and was wondering something.  Did they have tracking or cadaver dogs searching for Lindsey?  Did they start out from Lindsey's friends home and walk the different possible routes? 
So it was stated in the News and reports they did use Bloodhounds to try to track Lindsey's scent .. and they came up with nothing on any of the paths ..she would have taken or possible walked upon.  They were sent out right after she was reported missing.

snipped: The FBI is now part of the team that is investigating her disappearance.
Searchers on horseback have also helped the effort, complementing efforts by the Washington State Patrol to search for Lindsey by air, with a plane that is equipped with a heat-sensing camera to scan the ground. The video is being fed back to the ground where officials can see the results in real-time.
Cadets from the Civil Air Patrol are also joining the growing search party, and police scoured surveillance videos from the town's businesses looking for any clues. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of

------------
aaah can't imagine .. 

So search dogs and bloodhounds didn't pick up her scent, how odd.  Almost as if she disappeared from her friends house?  Didn't someone see her about 1/2 way home or something?

The mother of Lindsey's friend (KaraK on the board), whose home Lindsey left right before she went missing, believes the dogs did pick up her scent along a route she apparently took home.  We're not sure why there's a discrepancy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:30:36 PM by klaasend » Logged

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1287 on: July 05, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »

------------
aaah can't imagine .. 

Where the credible answer is ? I am not sure, I don't think anyone knows but LE.
I was trying to find the info on a news site - but came up with nothing.
So many rumors are flying. 1. She was walked 1/2 way by a friend ???. 2. She was seen earlier by a neighbor " on the same street" having a tiff with her brother about his Bike. Then she again was said to have see Lindsey approx 9:20 ish pm. Walking. She then was leaving to go to work. She is a County worker.
3. Was said that she was was alone and walked from the Kampens ..towards her house and was with no one..

I just can't figure out " How her Scent" was not to be found .......... nothing.
As if she never left or was actually on the street. I don't know. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:30:55 PM by klaasend » Logged

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1288 on: July 05, 2009, 10:03:43 PM »

I have to go to sleep for about an hour, so if I don't answer something that is why.
my eyes are closing, but I will be back in a little bit

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1289 on: July 05, 2009, 10:12:04 PM »

Or maybe someone who felt the need to protect Josh from a sister that taunted him? (per Kara's statement)

Not to sound off my rocker, but there is an occult in that area, did that evening hold any type of astrological/numerological meaning or significance? 
You are not off your rocker, many people believe in the occult....
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »

as far as the RSO's go in this investigation, i found the myspace page of a Stacy kuns who is listed as a rso in mccleary...his offenses were in 1996 and were indecent liberties and communication with minor for  unlawful purposes...it says hes 29 now which would make him  a teen when he committed the crimes..just thought i'd post the info if it hasnt been posted already...it could very well be nothing but the page is open to the public so maybe someone will see something on here that catches their eye...

here is the link: http://friends.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewfriends&friendId=475862301&p=9

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1291 on: July 05, 2009, 10:19:09 PM »

Your not off your Rocker at all. It strange was not too along I watched a documentary on Runaway, throwaway, flyaway "teens" living on the streets of Seattle and or Portland Or. There is such a subculture that Teens actually " Runaway" from other States in the US and attempt to travel cross country to Join this subculture " Cult" of teens. The "family" is not pretty, not safe, nor healthy, happy ... but I guess some kids find they are better off with their street family then their own.
I can't find the link of the Documentary. Was either on HBO or MTV can't recall. But it surely was SAD (and reality too). This one girl was 9mos pregnant and she lived with her BF and her Cat under a underpass at night. She was clean from drug/alcohol.  Yet,Most of the teens in this doc lived on tar heroin.
Most covered in piercings, tats and shaved heads and pander all day long just to support their drug habit. Food is an option that many choose to go without. Gawd what a life of Hell. ** I am thinking that Lindsey ran away to live this way .. but there are many disparate young people living on the streets .. in Seattle and near. Will do anything for money, a fix etc.. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1292 on: July 05, 2009, 10:19:56 PM »

Why did the tracking dogs not detect Lindsey's scent at all.  It is confirmed that Lindsey took that same route on the walk to the Kampen home?

It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++

BLOODHOUNDS

A wide-ranging search was launched early Saturday in the town and the surrounding forests. The town was criss-crossed three times, but not a trace of Lindsey has been found. Even bloodhounds failed to pick up her scent.

Focus now on abduction

Scott said authorities have run into several dead ends with almost no signs of the 4-foot-9, brown-haired girl, who was last spotted wearing a blue pullover shirt and blue jeans.

“I don’t know anything more than I knew Saturday afternoon,” he said, “but I’m not willing to admit that I know anything less.”

Scott said bloodhounds traced the route Lindsey took early on from the friend’s house to her own home, but didn’t find any scent. And in places where Lindsey once played — parks and by the creek — Lindsey’s scent has been vanishing.

The loss of scent could be a combination of factors — the heat on the sidewalk could have dissipated it for instance, he said.

Janet

Janet - this bothers me.  That's why I'm wondering about search dogs or cadaver dogs (hate to think that way).  The search dogs/bloodhounds are looking for a living being.  I want Lindsey to be living, I just don't understand why they couldn't track her from her friends house.  Unless of course, she was kidnapped practically from in front of the friends house.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1293 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:27 PM »

Wow you all were busy today! I just read 5 pages since I was here last. I am jumping out of my skin here. Very, very interesting about Josh being bullied. Whew.

Kara can you please tell me if any of the parents had an issue with Josh  at school, maybe one of their kids got in trouble for fighting with him? Do you think Josh has any sort of issue, such as ADHD or ???  I ask because there is a posting on the school site that talks badly about how the principal deals with special ed students.

If push came to shove, would Lindsey have stuck up for her brother? To be honest with you all, when I was going up I completely hated my brother, couldn't stand the sight of him, that is until someone made fun of him or said something bad about him. I honestly got into so many fights standing up for him.

The woman posting on the site, does she have a child? Does that child have a problem with Josh and/or Lindsey? Seems to me and although she could be telling the truth she is making a big push on blaming the brother when in all reality, it makes no sense he could have done this and gotten away with it for so long. Also, could this woman/person feel the need to protect Lindsey? Maybe hiding her somewhere to protect her from something she believes is a real threat?

TG - this is the womans Myspace that has made statements that Lindsey was being abused /or her brother was .. I am not real clear on this one.  She was said to say that a 911 call was made from her house.

http://www.myspace.com/batchessqua

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1294 on: July 05, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »

Kara I was looking up some postings and came across this answer you had given me about your brother.

My Brother - Has some issues right now he was a service man years ago and served his country and factors that played in that life and in our childhood has really caused him to be confused and lost and he now suffers serious sleep disorders that wreak havoc on his life'. He and my sister had a business years ago that I helped them with before we all went our separate ways. I have not seen my brother in years but I see my sister fairly often when she picks up my kids. If you have questions here feel free to ask I have no qualms.

I appreciate your willingness to be asked questions. I do have a few things which have been on my mind and would like to get this out.
I read on your brothers myspace blog a posting about a year and a half ago about how he was sorry he couldn't save someone. I got the feeling he either lost a friend to a suicide or something to that effect. How horrible, just horrible the guilt people feel when that happens, been there, done that. I also read your brother felt he had no friends and felt lonely, such is seems is the story with Josh. Did your daughter ever come across her uncle while visiting with your sister inlaw and maybe spoke about josh?  The 3 are also linked on myspace, who are also linked to Lindsey and her brother. Does your brother have any contact with the kids at all?
I really am so sorry to ask this.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1295 on: July 05, 2009, 10:31:05 PM »

as far as the RSO's go in this investigation, i found the myspace page of a Stacy kuns who is listed as a rso in mccleary...his offenses were in 1996 and were indecent liberties and communication with minor for  unlawful purposes...it says hes 29 now which would make him  a teen when he committed the crimes..just thought i'd post the info if it hasnt been posted already...it could very well be nothing but the page is open to the public so maybe someone will see something on here that catches their eye...

here is the link: http://friends.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewfriends&friendId=475862301&p=9

Yikes there are 1/2 naked woman as his friends! Sheesh people put on some cloths!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: July 05, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »

It does not make sense.

Janet

+++++

BLOODHOUNDS

Focus now on abduction

Janet

Janet - this bothers me.  That's why I'm wondering about search dogs or cadaver dogs (hate to think that way).  The search dogs/bloodhounds are looking for a living being.  I want Lindsey to be living, I just don't understand why they couldn't track her from her friends house.  Unless of course, she was kidnapped practically from in front of the friends house.

But ... it is confirmed that Linsey walked from her home to Kayla's home prior to going back home.  Logic dictates that the tracking dogs should have picked up her scent.

It does not make sense.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1297 on: July 05, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

TG - this is the womans Myspace that has made statements that Lindsey was being abused /or her brother was .. I am not real clear on this one.  She was said to say that a 911 call was made from her house.

Thanks Deenie I read her blog. What have we said about her son? I may have missed it as I don't recall anything. I am not sure if the LE's comment back to her was anything one could say was confirmation they knew,didn't she say they told her they probably have those records?
I think I get real suspicious when someone tells me to look else where or starts throwing someone under the bus. It always makes me go right there, lol.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1298 on: July 05, 2009, 10:48:06 PM »

McCleary Washington http://www.city-data.com/city/McCleary-Washington.html

Grays Harbor County
Population in July 2007: 1,580. Population change since 2000: +7.2%

Males: 753     (47.7%)
Females: 827     (52.3%)
Median resident age:     38.2 years
Washington median age:     35.3 years
2008 cost of living index in McCleary: 84.9 (less than average, U.S. average is 100)
Land area: 1.82 square miles.
Population density: 870 people per square mile

For population 25 years and over in McCleary

* High school or higher: 76.5%
    * Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.3%
    * Graduate or professional degree: 2.2%
    * Unemployed: 8.5%
    * Mean travel time to work: 24.9 minutes

For population 15 years and over in McCleary city
    * Never married: 22.7%
    * Now married: 50.8%
    * Separated: 1.4%
    * Widowed: 10.7%
    * Divorced: 14.4%
As of 2007:
According to our research there were no registered sex offenders living in this city in early 2007.
Nearest city with pop. 50,000+: Lakewood, WA  (35.8 miles , pop. 58,211).
Nearest city with pop. 200,000+: Seattle, WA  (59.0 miles , pop. 563,374).
Nearest city with pop. 1,000,000+: Los Angeles, CA  (932.7 miles , pop. 3,694,820).

---------------
In Michigan where I live we have so many ' area's in the state that are really not any bigger than McCleary ..with very small towns etc..
And I always thought WOW would it not be cool to live in such a small town ..
But then if you really think about it .. ( disregarding the people who have lived generations in the city) .. there would be in my mind 2 reasons to move to such a " small remote area"
I have thought about it and I think no.. I rather live where I am. For now anyway.
But for those who do chose to move and change their lifestyle into a such a tiny town makes you wonder ...
1. would be that maybe you would not want to be found ( for what reasons could be so many) or escaping the rat race from a large city/changing jobs etc .... 
or
2.  Maybe your a wack job ...don't kid yourself s. Its not only in Hollywood movies people move into the middle of nowhere because they want to live that way.  Motives - They can do their crimes in areas outside of theirs within the bigger areas and slip back into their remote home ..and become that guy on the News " Oh he was never a bother", He was never outside, He just went to work and came home" ...  He never spoke to anyone ... He was a quiet man. How many times have we heard that one. 

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1299 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »

Thanks Deenie I read her blog. What have we said about her son? I may have missed it as I don't recall anything. I am not sure if the LE's comment back to her was anything one could say was confirmation they knew,didn't she say they told her they probably have those records?
I think I get real suspicious when someone tells me to look else where or starts throwing someone under the bus. It always makes me go right there, lol.
Your welcome Smile
TG I am a total blurr on this Woman. I really don't know much about what was said or not said. I just found her name and myspace this afternoon. Because I heard she was making Noise about Lindsey. I would def think that LE has the 911 call .. would have to have it.
to prove or disprove it .. You never know why some people say what they do. Are they trying to help or are they trying to cause diversion.     

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.