March 28, 2024, 02:36:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770398 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1380 on: July 06, 2009, 02:11:29 AM »

Love to All
I have ventured off to the midnight+ crew - Musings.
I am signing out for now in Lindseys Cage. Me brain cannot take any more ..

Praying for Lindsey

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1381 on: July 06, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »

Asked around about Lindsey and school this is coming from asking 2 of mine the question separately as well as another friend :

Lindsey's trouble with school was actually coming from some of the girls picking on her calling her names and apparently giving her hell according to several of the kids around here - these girls use to be friends then turned not so friendly however they befriended each other again shortly before she went missing.

so I wonder how long this was going on.  do I remember you saying something about she might be held back and you had thought it was because of so many sick days?  I think that is what I remember you posted, I could be remembering wrong, so much to read on here and keep track of. 

I wonder if she would miss that many days if these girls were bothering her for this long?  or if there was something else going on as well. 

how old are the kids at that school, what do you think are the oldest ages/average? 

I wonder why they got mad at her in the first place? 

The school goes up to 8th grade (K - Cool  so I would guestimate 14 years as far as the average oldest kid.

From the sounds of it the picking went on for quite some time and though I'd like to say small towns have better behaved kids that is not the case. Some of the same girls gave my daughter a hard time and I had to step in because I was seeing emails consisting of every curse word you can think of and those were only broken up when the other girls opted to add the word wh*r* to their strings of obscenities. So I imagine that must have been a very frustrating thing if Lindsey was dealing with anything even close to that.

The sad thing is that it seems the base issue was boys. And we are talking 4th and 5th grade boys.

I did mention she was going to possibly be held back but that I heard from her and my daughter. No one else mentioned that to me so there is a possibility that it was not an actuality. I assumed it was due to "sick" days because she came over early one day a few minutes shy of when the kids should be getting home and had mentioned she had not attended school cause she didn't feel good.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1382 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:53 AM »

I bet that made for an eventful read Smile

Hi KaraK,  Pardon me for being out of Holiday   , but since you are live right now had a question for you.

Is the friend who sent Jason home the same person that spotted Lindsay walking home down Maple St? This was about 1/2 hour apart in timing, and am wondering if this lady lives on Maple or if she lives on the east side of 3rd St.  I know she saw the kids behind the Shell gas station when she stopped th argument and sent Jason home.

Thanks Kara.  I so hope Lindsay is found soon.  Every time I come here to read I am expecting good news about finding her!  xox

Yes, I've heard that now there are actually 2 people claiming to have seen her but one (the first one) was the person who sent Josh home.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1383 on: July 06, 2009, 02:50:48 AM »

so lindsey is going to school with 14 year olds ... gee. so what a mix of ages you might end up being friends with, and your friends might have older brothers and sisters there are the same school. 

gee calling 10 yr old the wh*re word. 

now if these kids are all mixed into the same school you would have 10 yr olds hanging out with 14 yr olds, and 14 year old boys as well.  I was seeing on the myspaces that the ages of the mccleary kids were older mixed in with the younger ones, all friends.

do you know if lindsey had any older friends from school.  this might be where they get some of their older-acting interests.  some 14 yr olds are quite grown in their thinking.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1384 on: July 06, 2009, 02:54:52 AM »

hmmm maybe someone at school had been threatening lindsey, if you have older kids there up to 14 yrs old.  they might have been scaring her to death saying they were going to do this or that to her. 

gee could older kids have gotten her out and done something to her. 

and some 14 yr olds are running around with even older kids.  that is common in a small town, younger people are friends with older ones. 

we lived in a very small town and I saw a lot of younger kids with friends her were much older.  it was the norm there.  everyone knew everyone and they would all hang out. 

falling asleep over here, have to go to bed ugh.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1385 on: July 06, 2009, 02:59:07 AM »

what are the different reasons she would be taken...of course some of these sound nutty but kidnapping a child is nutty to begin with.

Child preditor
child prostition or underworld
protecting her/saving her
saving/protecting another person
Occult sacrifice for whatever reason
Revenge on the family for something they had done.

Whatelse and whay type of person would be responsible.

How cheesy, I know I am quoting myself, lol. adding to my list...

Random kidnapping by a stranger(she was in the wrong place at the wrong time).
A prank gone bad (someone luring her into a situation and playing a joke but somehow she got hurt, or worse)
A vengful act.(someone/many  people took her and dumped her somewhere in the middle of nowhere as a "joke")
An accidental injury/death(someone hit her accidently with their car)

Does any of these pop out at anyone? Can you all post some reasons too? It may help to lead us somewhere. 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1386 on: July 06, 2009, 03:04:08 AM »

vengful=vengeful

Goodnite everyone. Prayers this is figured out tomorrow and she is found alive and well. Please god, let her be found...
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1387 on: July 06, 2009, 03:07:14 AM »

Hi KaraK,  Pardon me for being out of Holiday   , but since you are live right now had a question for you.

Is the friend who sent Jason home the same person that spotted Lindsay walking home down Maple St? This was about 1/2 hour apart in timing, and am wondering if this lady lives on Maple or if she lives on the east side of 3rd St.  I know she saw the kids behind the Shell gas station when she stopped th argument and sent Jason home.

Thanks Kara.  I so hope Lindsay is found soon.  Every time I come here to read I am expecting good news about finding her!  xox

Yes, I've heard that now there are actually 2 people claiming to have seen her but one (the first one) was the person who sent Josh home.

Thanks KaraK,  The reason I am wondering if this person lives on Maple St is the only way it makes sense her driving down Maple to get to work would be if she lived on that street.  She spotted the argument on the east side of 3rd 1/2 hour before going to work, which led me to think she lived on that east side of town.

If she lived on the east side and drove up Maple on her way to work it just doesn't make sense.  Unless there are extenuating factors, like stopping by a babysitter, etc.
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1388 on: July 06, 2009, 04:52:02 AM »

Thanks KaraK,  The reason I am wondering if this person lives on Maple St is the only way it makes sense her driving down Maple to get to work would be if she lived on that street.  She spotted the argument on the east side of 3rd 1/2 hour before going to work, which led me to think she lived on that east side of town.

If she lived on the east side and drove up Maple on her way to work it just doesn't make sense.  Unless there are extenuating factors, like stopping by a babysitter, etc.

I will see what I can find out but I believe that they actually live closer to 5th or 6th and Simpson but on my side so a hop skip and jump away from Maple. I'll see if I can verify tomorrow.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1389 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:18 AM »

I will see what I can find out but I believe that they actually live closer to 5th or 6th and Simpson but on my side so a hop skip and jump away from Maple. I'll see if I can verify tomorrow.

Thanks Karak as I really appreciate your answer.  This is a bit of a difficult case.  Usually sleuthers go back to the scene of the crime and re-analyze everything to see where something might have gone unnoticed.  Here we don't yet have a crime scene that we have been told about by LE.

I hope your daughter is holding up as I am sure she is devastated not knowing where Lindsay is.  xox
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1390 on: July 06, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

As an after thought - just because the bike has already been brought up the bike they were fighting over (and the only bike they have) did not work properly and was not ride-able you had to walk it because it had no chain.

What am I missing?  Why were Lindsey and Josh aruging about a bike that could not be ridden?  Why was this bike taken along on the walk to the Kampens.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1391 on: July 06, 2009, 10:38:44 AM »

As an after thought - just because the bike has already been brought up the bike they were fighting over (and the only bike they have) did not work properly and was not ride-able you had to walk it because it had no chain.

What am I missing?  Why were Lindsey and Josh aruging about a bike that could not be ridden?  Why was this bike taken along on the walk to the Kampens.

Janet
I want to know that also, why drag along a bike that doesn't work, makes no sense.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1392 on: July 06, 2009, 11:21:16 AM »

Morning everyone.  I have caught up from yesterday and here is my synopsis:

Wayne the Missionary - befriended Josh, mentions astronomy in his myspace, moves around a lot, still need to look into him further

Erick the Landlord - Lives in Elma, lots of court cases that need to be looked at to see if they are tenant landlord related or something more, no idea where he works or what relationship was with Lindsey's family ( friend, foe?)

Mullin's - just bought the land, property has been searched 6 times, no indication of a creek  that he says kids used to play by on his land.

Lady who left monkeys message on myspace - by all accounts loves and protects her children, had a least one issue with Lindsey's mom, used to be in medical field until she was hurt, is upset that family members record was posted, has left open invitation to email her directly to ask questions

Lady who broke up fight behind Shell - we know nothing

Lady who spotted Lindsey walking home  - county worker, on her way to work, we know nothing more

Possible second sighting - we know nothing

Private scent dog brought in - we know nothing of results

Meeting at church for AA/NA/ Sex A - no word on when the SA one is held and if LE is looking into it.

Have I missed anything?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1393 on: July 06, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »

Janet

Exactly Janet - why on earth would you "walk" a bike and why would this bike be worth fighting over?  The only reason I can think of is if it JUST broke the chain but otherwise why would you be walking it.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1394 on: July 06, 2009, 11:55:05 AM »

Northern Rose that is a very good synopsis.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1395 on: July 06, 2009, 11:55:39 AM »

I can see a young person taking a bike, sitting on the seat and moving it with their feet rather then peddling, then getting tired and not wanting to.

Norrose, kara said she believes the one who broke up the fight is the same person who saw lindsey that night and is the same person with a  son who fought with Josh  and who also helped lindsey call CPS. My feeling is, this mom was upset because of the fight, maybe her son got in trouble and she had it out for him. I certainly have known moms like that or have heard of them. Not sure if she would take it to this length as I do not know her. however, we have heard of mom's going to great lengths to get back at someone. It is just one angle to consider.

Kara how old are the girls who was giving Lindsey a hard time? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1396 on: July 06, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »

Musings of a wannabe detective ...

1.  Considering the confirmed sighting of Lindsey  ... whatever happened to Lindsey had to have happened iwithin two blocks of her home or ... happened at home.

2.  Considering Lindsey was only two blocks from her home ... it does not make sense that somebody known to her would offer her a ride.

3.  Considering none of the residences reported hearing any screams of resistence from Lindsey ... is a stranger abduction likely?

4.  Considering the timing of the confirmed sighting of Lindsey at 9:30 PM ... Lindsey should have arrived home at approximately 9:35 PM.

5.  Considering it was dark dark dark at 10:00 PM and ... her ten year old child had not arrived home and has a fear of the dark ... why did Melissa Baum not contact Kara Kampen prior to 10:25 PM?  Why was 911 not contacted until 11:00 PM.

6.  Considering official LE records regarding past 911 calls of allegations of (?) abuse by Josh against Lindsey as well as the argument which dictated an intervention ... in the process of elimination ... why was this young man not an immediate foocus.

7.  When all the above is considered ... in the process of elimination ... why was there not a warrant served to search the Baum residence and property.

Janet

+++++++

Northern Rose
Re: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09
« Reply #633 on: July 03, 2009, 04:17:15 AM »

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg862715#msg862715

Northern Rose
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg860186#msg860186

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1397 on: July 06, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »

Thanks Janet, all that makes complete sense to me. And you are right, why wasn't a search warrant served to search the Baum home, or was it, and we just don't know about it?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1398 on: July 06, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

Musings of a wannabe detective ...

1.  Considering the confirmed sighting of Lindsey  ... whatever happened to Lindsey had to have happened iwithin two blocks of her home or ... happened at home.

2.  Considering Lindsey was only two blocks from her home ... it does not make sense that somebody known to her would offer her a ride.

3.  Considering none of the residences reported hearing any screams of resistence from Lindsey ... is a stranger abduction likely?

4.  Considering the timing of the confirmed sighting of Lindsey at 9:30 PM ... Lindsey should have arrived home at approximately 9:35 PM.

5.  Considering it was dark dark dark at 10:00 PM and ... her ten year old child had not arrived home and has a fear of the dark ... why did Melissa Baum not contact Kara Kampen prior to 10:25 PM?  Why was 911 not contacted until 11:00 PM.

6.  Considering official LE records regarding past 911 calls of allegations of (?) abuse by Josh against Lindsey as well as the argument which dictated an intervention ... in the process of elimination ... why was this young man not an immediate foocus.

7.  When all the above is considered ... in the process of elimination ... why was there not a warrant served to search the Baum residence and property.

Janet

+++++++

Northern Rose
« Reply #633 on: July 03, 2009, 04:17:15 AM »

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg862715#msg862715

Northern Rose
« Reply #319 on: July 01, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5541.msg860186#msg860186

This jumped out at me.  Where have I heard this before (My gut tells me she is close)?

I still wonder about people she was friendly with at the counter at the family store.

The missionary, Wayne Watne also needs further investigation.

Does mlachester work at the nursing home?  Why is that woman everywhere?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1399 on: July 06, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

Morning everyone.  I have caught up from yesterday and here is my synopsis:

Wayne the Missionary - befriended Josh, mentions astronomy in his myspace, moves around a lot, still need to look into him further

Erick the Landlord - Lives in Elma, lots of court cases that need to be looked at to see if they are tenant landlord related or something more, no idea where he works or what relationship was with Lindsey's family ( friend, foe?)

Mullin's - just bought the land, property has been searched 6 times, no indication of a creek  that he says kids used to play by on his land.

Lady who left monkeys message on myspace - by all accounts loves and protects her children, had a least one issue with Lindsey's mom, used to be in medical field until she was hurt, is upset that family members record was posted, has left open invitation to email her directly to ask questions

Lady who broke up fight behind Shell - we know nothing

Lady who spotted Lindsey walking home  - county worker, on her way to work, we know nothing more

Possible second sighting - we know nothing

Private scent dog brought in - we know nothing of results

Meeting at church for AA/NA/ Sex A - no word on when the SA one is held and if LE is looking into it.

Have I missed anything?

Good Morning Northern Rose  GREAT COMPILATION!

According to Sheriff Scott ... the sightings of Lindsey have been confirmed.

Apparently ... Lindsey is known to both witnesses.  The timing of the sightings makes sense when you consider that the Kampen's claim that Lindsey began her walk home at 9:15 PM.

Janet

+++++

WITNESSES

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House

June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
JACOB JONES | THE DAILY WORLD

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

KARA KAMPEN

"You can't imagine the guilt"
By Callie White
The Daily World
Friday, July 3, 2009 11:12 AM PDT

McCLEARY — Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

SCOTT WILLIAMS

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girL
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM PDT

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home ...

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.