March 28, 2024, 08:02:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770335 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: July 06, 2009, 12:36:44 PM »

Thanks Janet, all that makes complete sense to me. And you are right, why wasn't a search warrant served to search the Baum home, or was it, and we just don't know about it?

no rose colored glasses ... there may have been a search warrant served on the Baum residence.

However ... when I consider the Caylee Marie Anthony and Haleigh Marie Cummings cases ... the media was aware and reported accordingly on the respective searches.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1401 on: July 06, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »

the dogs not finding anything is very strange, unless we believe what kara is saying that the scent was tracked up 6th street

There is nothing official regarding Lindsey being on 6th Street.  When witnesses observed Lindsey walking on Maple towards home she had already passed 6th Street.

Nevertheless ... Lindsey did not fly to 6th Street from the Kampen residence.  Why the dogs did not pick up a scent does not make sense.

Janet 

Good afternoon Monkeys
The new search dog people that Lindsey's family hired(link a few pages back)has some really good info on their page.....all about search dogs and their trainings.
The search dogs/bloodhounds that LE used in this case could just not have been trained properly or maybe they wern't given the search items properly.That website has a whole section on how to give the search dog items properly.....it really is a science.
I hate to say it but I'd like to see them bring in cadaver search dogs......just to rule out some places in and near the town.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1402 on: July 06, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »

just wanted to say that i think it's also quite possible that lindsay stopped at someones house, or was invited into someones house and then things could have gone wrong from there...

also, i know she was only a few blocks from her home, but i still think someone she knew could have picked her up...maybe instead of offering to drive her home right away, they asked her if she wanted to go get an ice cream cone or something like that. she still had time before she had to be home for curfew, and if this was an adult she knew or trusted she prob thought it would be fine... 

if it was a teenager, maybe they asked her if she wanted to go for a ride, i mean i dont think thats totally unheard of...i remember how when i was younger and people i know just started getting their liscenses we would drive around for hours just b/c it was something new to do...

my question for kara- is there anyone on 6th street or in the vicinity of where the private dog handler told you her scent was tracked that you know of as a place where lindsey would possibly visit, maybe a friend or aquaintences house? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1403 on: July 06, 2009, 12:47:13 PM »

Morning everyone.  I have caught up from yesterday and here is my synopsis:

Wayne the Missionary - befriended Josh, mentions astronomy in his myspace, moves around a lot, still need to look into him further

Erick the Landlord - Lives in Elma, lots of court cases that need to be looked at to see if they are tenant landlord related or something more, no idea where he works or what relationship was with Lindsey's family ( friend, foe?)

Mullin's - just bought the land, property has been searched 6 times, no indication of a creek  that he says kids used to play by on his land.

Lady who left monkeys message on myspace - by all accounts loves and protects her children, had a least one issue with Lindsey's mom, used to be in medical field until she was hurt, is upset that family members record was posted, has left open invitation to email her directly to ask questions

Lady who broke up fight behind Shell - we know nothing

Lady who spotted Lindsey walking home  - county worker, on her way to work, we know nothing more

Possible second sighting - we know nothing

Private scent dog brought in - we know nothing of results

Meeting at church for AA/NA/ Sex A - no word on when the SA one is held and if LE is looking into it.

Have I missed anything?

Good Morning Northern Rose  GREAT COMPILATION!

According to Sheriff Scott ... the sightings of Lindsey have been confirmed.

Apparently ... Lindsey is known to both witnesses.  The timing of the sightings makes sense when you consider that the Kampen's claim that Lindsey began her walk home at 9:15 PM.

Janet

+++++

WITNESSES

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House

June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
JACOB JONES | THE DAILY WORLD

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

KARA KAMPEN

"You can't imagine the guilt"
By Callie White
The Daily World
Friday, July 3, 2009 11:12 AM PDT

McCLEARY — Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

SCOTT WILLIAMS

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girL
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM PDT

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home ...

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Thank you Tamiko.  The second confirmed sighting - close to 5th makes no sense when compared to the scent dog.  Was that an old scent on 6th?  If so, why did it just end?  Why would she be walking on 6th?  Did she get there via cross country trying to run from someone - why would she just not run straight down maple toward the Shell if this was the case?  Could she have started down 6th - saw or heard something that was not good, then high tailed it back to Maple?  This would account for the scent ending on 6th HOWEVER would not work with the sighting that she was walking normally.

What is down 6th that would be familar to Lindsey - Mullin's, other friends, a hang out site?
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1404 on: July 06, 2009, 12:50:12 PM »

also, i will be digging deeper into the list of people put together that live on 6th street tonite when i get home, sorry i cant be of much more help right now but i really need to go do some work! keep up the good work monkeys! i hope they find something today to help this case.

karak-i hope you are holding up ok and i hope your daughter is ok
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1405 on: July 06, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Thank you Tamiko.  The second confirmed sighting - close to 5th makes no sense when compared to the scent dog.  Was that an old scent on 6th?  If so, why did it just end?  Why would she be walking on 6th?  Did she get there via cross country trying to run from someone - why would she just not run straight down maple toward the Shell if this was the case?  Could she have started down 6th - saw or heard something that was not good, then high tailed it back to Maple?  This would account for the scent ending on 6th HOWEVER would not work with the sighting that she was walking normally.

What is down 6th that would be familar to Lindsey - Mullin's, other friends, a hang out site?

Considering dark was quickly closing in (dark dark dark at 10:00 PM) and Lindsey is reported to be fearful of the dark and ... considering Lindsey's curfew is 10:00 PM ... I cannot think of one valid reason what she would divert from the Maple Street route in her walk from the Kampen's residence and take 6th Street.  Also ... Lindsey would have already passed 6th Street in her walk home when she was observed by the witnesses.

Janet

+++++++

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House
By SARAH NETTER
June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1406 on: July 06, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »

also, i will be digging deeper into the list of people put together that live on 6th street tonite when i get home, sorry i cant be of much more help right now but i really need to go do some work! keep up the good work monkeys! i hope they find something today to help this case.

Considering Kara's claim that the private tracking dogs picked up Lindsey's scent on 6th Street ... those residing on that possible alternate route should be a focus of the investigation.

However ... I am a believer that the primary focus of the investigation ... in the process of elimination ... should be members of two families ... Lindsey's family and ... Kayla's family.  I am believer that the primary focus of the investigation ... in the process of elimination ... should be the respective residences and properties that have a connection to Meslissa Baum and Kara Kampen.

Janet

++++++++

6th Street Info, Who LIves Their, Connections Etc

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5593.0

_____

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1407 on: July 06, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »

I'll start working on the 6th street names some more now.  I ran every name on that list through the washington state sex offender list, I did some of them national, but not all.  there were no exact matches.  there were some name matches for last names.  I was starting to see if any of those were relatives who might have been visiting or had moved in and might not have reported. 

I'll make notes over on that thread what I am doing and if everyone else would make a note over on that thread what they are working, we won't be duplicating work and we can get more done in the same amount of time.  I am really not liking how much time is passing in this case and we have yet to find anything that tells us where she is. ugh.

I would really like to know where wayne watne lives, he might live on or off 6th for all we know and not be showing up.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1408 on: July 06, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »

Considering Kara's claim that the private tracking dogs picked up Lindsey's scent on 6th Street ... those residing on that possible alternate route should be a focus of the investigation.

However ... I am a believer that the primary focus of the investigation ... in the process of elimination ... should be members of two families ... Lindsey's family and ... Kayla's family.  I am believer that the primary focus of the investigation ... in the process of elimination ... should be the respective residences and properties that have a connection to Meslissa Baum and Kara Kampen.

Janet

++++++++

6th Street Info, Who LIves Their, Connections Etc

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5593.0

agreed...and you are right about her already having passed 6th street for the witnesses to have actually seen her, thank you for pointing that out Smile  i'm wondering if josh's whereabouts can be accounted for during the time she left the kampens to when she was reported missing.  i think he should be given a polygraph if he hasnt been given one already, even if he wasnt directly involved (which i dont think he was) he might have more information that would be important to solving the case.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1409 on: July 06, 2009, 02:04:23 PM »

also what is the last name of the landlord of the baum house? or what has already been found on him?  Maybe we could start a thread specifically for him and pull up whatever we can find on him. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1410 on: July 06, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »

One of the reader comments .  Anyone local or if Kara comes by, can you please explain why Forks?

This girl twitters, does Facebook and prolly has a cellphone, too. What do parents expect? Ten year olds do not need these things. This child most likely is far away from that town with someone she met via one of the above. Hope she comes home soon.

Of course, if she is not found soon they should look up in Forks.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

this is something else I am thinking to look into, this post, the poster, etc.  we really don't know what they meant, might be something cryptic for all we know.  I will try to check more on this

To find me:
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: July 06, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »

i'm lookin up watne's on myspace and i found a page that could be wayne watne's daughter. i dont want to publish the link b/c she is a minor (if shes even related to him) but the city is one of hte cities he has lived in, the girls profile seems pretty normal but there is a comment that says her mom is the one person who will always be there for her and that her mother has been through so much... who knows if its even related just wanted to post it. please delete if this post is inapprorpiate
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1412 on: July 06, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »

One of the reader comments .  Anyone local or if Kara comes by, can you please explain why Forks?

This girl twitters, does Facebook and prolly has a cellphone, too. What do parents expect? Ten year olds do not need these things. This child most likely is far away from that town with someone she met via one of the above. Hope she comes home soon.

this is something else I am thinking to look into, this post, the poster, etc.  we really don't know what they meant, might be something cryptic for all we know.  I will try to check more on this

seems this is some woman out of indiana. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »

i'm lookin up watne's on myspace and i found a page that could be wayne watne's daughter. i dont want to publish the link b/c she is a minor (if shes even related to him) but the city is one of hte cities he has lived in, the girls profile seems pretty normal but there is a comment that says her mom is the one person who will always be there for her and that her mother has been through so much... who knows if its even related just wanted to post it. please delete if this post is inapprorpiate

it seems he has divorced one wife, has at least 2 wives, one of the disolutions in court also had a restraining order, so the daughter(if it is his daughter) might have seen her mom go through a lot in the marriage /divorce and now she lives with the mother so she is close to her mom, not a dad. 

I would like to know what all those other court dates are for. 

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1414 on: July 06, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »

a LOT of watne names in the ministry.  otherwise there is not a lot on them. 
I did find a Norman watne convicted of rape and kidnapping

To find me:
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1415 on: July 06, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »

also what is the last name of the landlord of the baum house? or what has already been found on him?  Maybe we could start a thread specifically for him and pull up whatever we can find on him. 

I had already pulled up and posted info on Erick and Jodi.  Erick has a long list of court cases, not yet looked up Jodi.
Haddie McFaddies Mom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1416 on: July 06, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »

This may well be the answer to the reference to Forks.  The poster knows enough about Lindseys case to know she loves the Twilight series.  It seems to be a Twilight reference......

Bella Swan. She's pretty plain looking, as the book describes. And she's a total klutz, too!

Her father is Chief Charlie Swan, who's a police man for the tiny town of Forks.

Her mother is Renee, though her parents are divorced, Renee lives in Florida with her new husband (can't remeber his name) who plays baseball.

Bella can't really relate well to people, so she often seems antisocial and emo, though she isn't. She just can't seem to relate well to people at all. Period.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081003131548AA8aIyg

Seems as though this reveals a couple of different insights as to why Lindsey could relate to the book. I have read where she may have described herself as Emo...but it is obvious to me Lindsey is not.

Anyway, hope this helps.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1417 on: July 06, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »

This may well be the answer to the reference to Forks.  The poster knows enough about Lindseys case to know she loves the Twilight series.  It seems to be a Twilight reference......

Bella Swan. She's pretty plain looking, as the book describes. And she's a total klutz, too!

Her father is Chief Charlie Swan, who's a police man for the tiny town of Forks.

Her mother is Renee, though her parents are divorced, Renee lives in Florida with her new husband (can't remeber his name) who plays baseball.

Bella can't really relate well to people, so she often seems antisocial and emo, though she isn't. She just can't seem to relate well to people at all. Period.

Seems as though this reveals a couple of different insights as to why Lindsey could relate to the book. I have read where she may have described herself as Emo...but it is obvious to me Lindsey is not.

Anyway, hope this helps.

does anything bad happen to bella?  who is bella's hero?  or who does she look up to?

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1418 on: July 06, 2009, 04:18:50 PM »

I had already pulled up and posted info on Erick and Jodi.  Erick has a long list of court cases, not yet looked up Jodi.

I'll go back and find your posts and see what all you found. 

To find me:
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1419 on: July 06, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »

Anyway, hope this helps.

does anything bad happen to bella?  who is bella's hero?  or who does she look up to?

I've only read the first book but she is kidnapped by the "bad" vampire and Edward saves her.  I haven't read any of the other books.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.