April 28, 2024, 11:21:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 774965 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1520 on: July 07, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that i think it's possible wayne watne could have been involved in this and needs to be polygraphed and questioned thoroughly by authorities, including a search of his home...hopefully he would willingly volunteer this information if he was not involved at all

for those who havent looked over at the thread specifically on him yet, please do so and look at the map of his home on 3rd street...its entirely possible that lindsey crossed right into this path on her way home based on the information we know...i got goosebumps when i saw where his house was located...

Wow, thanks.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1521 on: July 07, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys

For the most part ... I will be off until next week.  Family wedding this weekend and ... relatives from out of town are beginning to arrive today.

I pray that answers are forthcoming very soon regarding Lindsey.  I have been watching Seattle KIRO for the past 30 minutes ... nothing on this missing little girl.  I hope the silence implies that something is happening behind the scenes in the investigation.

Janet
6:30 AM PT
Enjoy Janet  an angelic monkey
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1522 on: July 07, 2009, 09:57:10 AM »

One of the reader comments .  Anyone local or if Kara comes by, can you please explain why Forks?

This girl twitters, does Facebook and prolly has a cellphone, too. What do parents expect? Ten year olds do not need these things. This child most likely is far away from that town with someone she met via one of the above. Hope she comes home soon.

Of course, if she is not found soon they should look up in Forks.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

this is something else I am thinking to look into, this post, the poster, etc.  we really don't know what they meant, might be something cryptic for all we know.  I will try to check more on this

This may well be the answer to the reference to Forks.  The poster knows enough about Lindseys case to know she loves the Twilight series.  It seems to be a Twilight reference......

Bella Swan. She's pretty plain looking, as the book describes. And she's a total klutz, too!

Her father is Chief Charlie Swan, who's a police man for the tiny town of Forks.

Her mother is Renee, though her parents are divorced, Renee lives in Florida with her new husband (can't remeber his name) who plays baseball.

Bella can't really relate well to people, so she often seems antisocial and emo, though she isn't. She just can't seem to relate well to people at all. Period.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081003131548AA8aIyg

Seems as though this reveals a couple of different insights as to why Lindsey could relate to the book. I have read where she may have described herself as Emo...but it is obvious to me Lindsey is not.

Anyway, hope this helps.

does anything bad happen to bella?  who is bella's hero?  or who does she look up to?

I've only read the first book but she is kidnapped by the "bad" vampire and Edward saves her.  I haven't read any of the other books.

hmmm myabe we are looking for a "bad vampire"?  seriously, what if some weirdo "vampire" is role playing the book in real life.  when the bad vampire kidnapped bella, where did he take her?

Sorry DD it took me so long to answer.

From what I remember, Bella went to her mothers house and found a message saying that the bad vampire had kidnapped her mother and was holding her in a dance studio that Bella used to go to as a child.  Once Bella got there she discovered that it was a lie.  I'm not sure if that helps. 

It's quite common knowledge that Lindsey was into Twilight.  She could have been lured with any numerous things about Twilight. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1523 on: July 07, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

This may have no connection whatsoever, but it is close and an arson so my hinky meter went off.

Blaze in Capitol State Forest was arson, DNR says

<snipped>
OLYMPIA — A wildfire that started Friday in Capitol State Forest was arson, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Natural Resources said Saturday.

Koshare Lomnicki, a public-information officer for the department, said the agency found evidence of "an incendiary device" near a pile of brush. She didn't characterize what the device was but said there were not multiple fireworks at the scene.

She said the fire had grown to a dozen acres by Friday night, but firefighters contained it by creating a perimeter around it.

"I've worked this area for 14 years, and I've never seen a fire grow that big" in Capitol Forest, she said.

The blaze started about 3 p.m. Friday in a remote section of the forest, off a logging road about a half-mile from the Fall Creek Campground. The fire apparently began in a part of the forest that had been logged and recently had been replanted. Nearby campers weren't directly threatened, Lomnicki said, although people were asked to voluntarily evacuate.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009421846_capitolforestfire06m.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: July 07, 2009, 12:05:26 PM »

<snipped>
Today is the birthday for a missing McCleary girl turning 11 years old. Lindsey Baum disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house. Her father is a member of the Tennessee National Guard and says he hopes to see her before he has to deploy.

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1897/smid/3468/ArticleID/7722/reftab/1632/Default.aspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1525 on: July 07, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »

Missing girl's father facing heart-rending deadline

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Scott Baum is up against a heart-rending deadline.
He is getting ready to deploy to Iraq as he anxiously awaits word on his 10-year-old daughter, who disappeared more than a week ago while walking home from her friend's house.

Baum, who lives in Tennessee, arrived in McCleary over the weekend with his heart in a knot. The father said he had to get clearance from his military superiors before making the trip.

On Monday the troubled father pleaded for his daughter's safe return.

"Why I'm here today is to appeal to everybody out there watching to please bring my daughter home," Baum said on Monday. "I'm fixin' to deploy to Iraq and tomorrow is her birthday. I would love nothing more than to see my daughter before I have to go."

Baum hadn't seen his daughter, Lindsey Baum, in a year. He and her mother divorced three years ago. He stayed in Tennessee and his ex-wife moved to Washington with their daughter.

Investigators do not suspect Scott Baum in the case.

"No, the only possibility that we were considering at any time was perhaps that Lindsey, missing her father, had tried to go to him in Tennessee," said Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott.

The missing girl set out to walk the ten blocks to her home from a friend's house, which is roughly a 10-minute walk, on the night of June 26. But something happened in that short distance, and she never arrived home.

Witnesses reported having seen the girl that night as she walked home along Maple Street.

On Monday nearly 60 searchers - the largest number of ground searchers to date - searched a nearby off-road vehicle park, as well as the hills beyond them.

And the search hasn't been easy. The Capitol Forest is 80,000 acres of steep hillsides, miles of rugged terrain and countless roadways.

A change in the weather on Monday gave the search teams a second wind. The cooler temperatures also helped the dog teams pick up scents.

As the dozens of searchers spread out, Lindsey Baum's family sat and waited, anxious for any word.

"So please, if you know anything, contact the hotlines.Contact any 911 centers," said Scott Baum. "But please bring me my daughter home before I have to leave."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/50075052.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1526 on: July 07, 2009, 12:08:42 PM »

<snipped>
Today is the birthday for a missing McCleary girl turning 11 years old. Lindsey Baum disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house. Her father is a member of the Tennessee National Guard and says he hopes to see her before he has to deploy.

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1897/smid/3468/ArticleID/7722/reftab/1632/Default.aspx
  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1527 on: July 07, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

comment from a local:

mamahead 13 hours ago wrote:
This heartbreaking story has effected so many people in our little county. Lindsey was a friend of my grandaughter and has broke so many hearts. Why has the mother not showed any emotion? We are not letting our children out of our sight. Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time. He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil? Give me a break. Lindsey and my grandaughter share the same birthday. Same day and same year. We are lighting an extra candle for her little friend on her birthday cake. For you Lindsey. We will celebrate your life no matter where you are God is watching over you and he has his arms around you. The reason it took her daddy so long is because when you are government property you go when they say. He was probably crazy till they let him go. Give that father a break. He at least has showed more emothion than the mother.Our prayers go out to you Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1528 on: July 07, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

There are a lot of missing kids in washington over the years.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=usMapSearch&missState=WA&searchLang=en_US
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1529 on: July 07, 2009, 12:18:23 PM »

Kara do you know who got the domain and set up the new website?

http://lindseybaum.com/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1530 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:10 PM »

Kara, a few days ago you mentioned that there was someone out taking pictures and talking to people that said they were from WS.  They mentioned to you that a resident got really angry at them and chased his dog on them.  Do you know where they lived and or who this was that had the dog?  (Maple street....etc.?)

Is anyone a WS member that can find this over there?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: July 07, 2009, 12:24:06 PM »

The fact that there was a search in the Capitol State Forest announced and then there was a fire set on 3pm on Friday ...koinkydink or covering tracks?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1532 on: July 07, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »

Possible burn of evidence ?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1533 on: July 07, 2009, 12:41:32 PM »

could be....
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1534 on: July 07, 2009, 12:43:04 PM »

That crossed my mind several times, especially the timing of the fire 3pm on Friday when the media said around noonish on Friday that there were plans to search that area on Saturday .
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1535 on: July 07, 2009, 12:43:56 PM »

comment from a local:

This heartbreaking story has effected so many people in our little county. Lindsey was a friend of my grandaughter and has broke so many hearts. Why has the mother not showed any emotion? We are not letting our children out of our sight. Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time. He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil? Give me a break. Lindsey and my grandaughter share the same birthday. Same day and same year. We are lighting an extra candle for her little friend on her birthday cake. For you Lindsey. We will celebrate your life no matter where you are God is watching over you and he has his arms around you. The reason it took her daddy so long is because when you are government property you go when they say. He was probably crazy till they let him go. Give that father a break. He at least has showed more emothion than the mother.Our prayers go out to you Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

Norose I wonder if this is the mom who is said to have a problem with the family. She is obviously going after the mom and the brother. I don't know what it is about that person, but she is making me go hmmmm.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1536 on: July 07, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »

The only missing in Corvallis or. I can find.. Brook Wilberger
http://spokesmanauto.com/allstories-news-story.asp?date=052704&ID=s1522946

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/jazzyrose/BrookeWilberger.html

A man was arrested for her murder Patrick Courtney 39 years old in 2005..
Her body has never been found..
He was also charged with an attack on another Oregon state university student..

Does his name match anyone in McCleary ?

Another interesting fact on Corvallis Or. .. Oregon state university student was found murdered in 1974 and it turned out to be Ted Bundy who murdered her.
http://spokesmanauto.com/allstories-news-story.asp?date=052704&ID=s1522946
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: July 07, 2009, 12:45:44 PM »

That crossed my mind several times, especially the timing of the fire 3pm on Friday when the media said around noonish on Friday that there were plans to search that area on Saturday .
Very disturbing, and I'm a member of WS, I went to go look, and I can't find that info about the pictures being taken, the person who took the pics I read spoke to Kara and her boyfriend. So she must know about the person who got upset.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1538 on: July 07, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »

<snipped>

an angelic monkey

Isn't it sort of strange how some of the kidnappings of late the girls have fathers who had not seen them in a while? Sandra? 1 year. Neveah? 3 years. Tori? 1 year. Now Lindsey 1 year.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: July 07, 2009, 12:52:41 PM »

I am not accusing Lindsey's 12 year old brother but ... in the process of elimination ... I do not believe he should be given a pass unless interrogated and …  ruled out by authorities.

Lindsey had issues with Josh that went beyond sibling rivalry.

Think about it.  Lindsey was within two blocks from her home on the evening she disappeared ... the evening when she was observed by a witness.  Logic dictates that “something bad happened” either in that short distance or … “something bad happened” at home.

Janet

+++++++

1. FACEBOOK ENTRY

An entry in her Facebook … Lindsey sates that she is happy that Josh may be going to “juvie” the next day.

Whether or not Josh was sentenced to “juvie” … the reference implies this 12 year old already has issues

TWILIGHT FREAK is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.Mood: happ at 14:10 17 Jun view more

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvie tomorrow.
Mood: Happ at 14:10 17 June

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

2. PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION

Melissa Baum implied that the outcome of sibling rivalry between Josh and Lindsey could be physical.

When the argument on the day that Lindsey went missing is considered is considered … it is assumed that Josh’s body was checked by authorities for scratches.

KING 5 NEWS – July 2, 2009

If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

3. HEATED ARGUMENT?

As an intervention was required … the argument that Lindsey and Josh had on the way over to Kayla’s home implies that it was heated.

ABC NEWS – June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

4. RESIDENTS OF MCLEARY SPEAK OUT

The following comments to KING NEWS speaks volumes to the relationship between Lindsey and Josh.

Credit:  Northern Rose

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.