March 28, 2024, 04:06:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770293 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1540 on: July 07, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »

<snipped>
Today is the birthday for a missing McCleary girl turning 11 years old. Lindsey Baum disappeared June 26 while walking home from a friend's house. Her father is a member of the Tennessee National Guard and says he hopes to see her before he has to deploy.

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1897/smid/3468/ArticleID/7722/reftab/1632/Default.aspx
  an angelic monkey

Isn't it sort of strange how some of the kidnappings of late the girls have fathers who had not seen them in a while? Sandra? 1 year. Neveah? 3 years. Tori? 1 year. Now Lindsey 1 year.
Very    That comment that Northern Rose just posted, I may be wrong, but that is a different person, then the other lady, that supposedly had a problem with Lindsey's family. I believe her name is Marilyn, I forgot the last name  but it is two different people.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1541 on: July 07, 2009, 12:54:55 PM »

mlachester that's the other one, thanks Janet for posting that, why is it that two people from that town are saying these things about Lindsey's family?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1542 on: July 07, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »

comment from a local:

mamahead 13 hours ago wrote:
This heartbreaking story has effected so many people in our little county. Lindsey was a friend of my grandaughter and has broke so many hearts. Why has the mother not showed any emotion? We are not letting our children out of our sight. Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time. He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil? Give me a break. Lindsey and my grandaughter share the same birthday. Same day and same year. We are lighting an extra candle for her little friend on her birthday cake. For you Lindsey. We will celebrate your life no matter where you are God is watching over you and he has his arms around you. The reason it took her daddy so long is because when you are government property you go when they say. He was probably crazy till they let him go. Give that father a break. He at least has showed more emothion than the mother.Our prayers go out to you Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

Norose I wonder if this is the mom who is said to have a problem with the family. She is obviously going after the mom and the brother. I don't know what it is about that person, but she is making me go hmmmm.

Tracy I do not believe this to be the same person.  The first person had a son that had issues with Josh.  This one has a graddaughter that same age as Lindsey.  I could be wrong, but my gut is telling me second person now saying Josh was very angry bordering on violent with Lindsey.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1543 on: July 07, 2009, 01:05:31 PM »

hello monkeys,
i apologize for getting so upset last night but this thing is driving me up the wall.  a little girl disappears into the ozone?
has problems in school
has problems with her brother
do we know if there is a step-dad?  in one write-up i see step-dad, in another none?
the reporting and the police are inconsistent...
WHERE IS LINDSEY

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1544 on: July 07, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »

Where ever you are Lindsey, Happy Birthday!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1545 on: July 07, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »

Questions for Kara,

The fight about the bike happens behind Shell and a neighbour sent Josh away. 

Where did he go from there? 
Did he go straight home and was anyone there?
Was he home at 9:15 - 9:30?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1546 on: July 07, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »

hello monkeys,
i apologize for getting so upset last night but this thing is driving me up the wall.  a little girl disappears into the ozone?
has problems in school
has problems with her brother
do we know if there is a step-dad?  in one write-up i see step-dad, in another none?
the reporting and the police are inconsistent...
WHERE IS LINDSEY
Don't apologize you are right  an angelic monkey
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1547 on: July 07, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »

this came to me on the drive home from work
the reason i had such a problem with the 'disturbed' myspace is that when i saw it on the dd site her mood was 'adored' with little red hearts...then it went to the cool i'm on Lindsey's myspace mood 'wet'....do we know which 'friend' had changed it?? the 'wet' is bothering me...was it after they had gone swimming? is it sexual in nature (like one of the 'mean' kids KaraK mentioned?  Is there a lake/pond/large body of water in the area????
I don't know I thought Kara said her daughter changed it  I will admit the mood wet, bothered me from the get go.
do you know for sure???  'cause i don't
No, I do not know for sure, I do believe Kara said this though, maybe she can clear it up.

It was my daughter and another friend that changed it to "cool I'm on Lindsey's myspace" originally. The mood wet had I'm told been like that since the girls went swimming the day before Lindsey went missing.  I know it was quite a shocker to see it there (the mood) but that is  one of the hings that these girls don't quite understand yet and use it innocently in reference to swimming etc.
Kara,do you happen to know if the girls went swimming at the same house they swam at friday,the day Lindsey went missing?And do you know this person/s?Who else hangs out there?Who lives there?Sorry if this has been asked.....I'm behind on reading.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1548 on: July 07, 2009, 02:25:04 PM »

comment from a local:

This heartbreaking story has effected so many people in our little county. Lindsey was a friend of my grandaughter and has broke so many hearts. Why has the mother not showed any emotion? We are not letting our children out of our sight. Lindsey has been afraid of her brother for a very long time. He has threatned her many times. Where is she? And why is the mother not crazy with sadness or emotion. Show us some tears. The friend that Lindsey was last with shows more emotion than the mother. And why was the brother begging for money for fireworks at his little sisters candlelight vigil? Give me a break. Lindsey and my grandaughter share the same birthday. Same day and same year. We are lighting an extra candle for her little friend on her birthday cake. For you Lindsey. We will celebrate your life no matter where you are God is watching over you and he has his arms around you. The reason it took her daddy so long is because when you are government property you go when they say. He was probably crazy till they let him go. Give that father a break. He at least has showed more emothion than the mother.Our prayers go out to you Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

I'm not seeing any comments on this story not even when I click on comments.....that just puts me back on the bottom of the page where there are no comments.   

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1549 on: July 07, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »

So lets say you are trying to convince a whole bunch of people that there were problems some where and everyone is basically looking at you as though you are nuts...Wouldn't you want someone else to come on and verify? I am not buying it for a minute. My gut is telling me it is the same person posting things in order to get back at Josh for fighting with her son.

You know Josh is a 12 year old kid. If you saw him in the pic he doesn't look like a trouble making kid, he was wearing ok cloths, walking normally. It is said everyone picks on him (!)and this was said by a person who also admitted her children picked on him.

Who hasn't fought with a sibling? These kids had problems it seems socially, emotionally.  I fought with my brother everyday, 100 times per day. He bothered the heck out of me and I him. Once we threw ashtrays at each other and I hit in in the eye and gave him a black eye and laughed in his face as he cried! Even as adults we fought, we actually had a fight right after my mom died and we didn't speak to each other for 6 months, until I found out he was dying of cancer, then I was the one crying the loudest at his funeral because under all of that, I loved him. Siblings fight, heck my kids fight and argue and I once had to break up a physical altercation. Everyone has been searched, questioned and willingly taken lie detectors. The brother, I strongly feel could not have done this. Even if he did, how on earth could have had hidden her for this long? I think there are a lot of angles and possibilities which make a lot more sense then this boy doing this to his sister. One thing that is telling to me, the neighbor says the two was fighting and she sent him on his way home...He went, he left. He didn't tell her to go to hell, he did as she said which tells me maybe he was not that bad of a kid, kwim?

In the process of elimination... I think the neighbor who is hell bent on trying to blame a 12 year old kid and blaming a mother of not crying enough should be questioned and submitted to a lie detector. Her behavior is irrational and borderline unbalanced. I also ask myself is she unbalanced enough to get back at this family by hurting or hiding Lindsey? I don't know, I don't know her. Maybe however it should be looked into. She has experience with drawing blood at the hospital she works at or does she work at the medical care place, the one with the empty units not searched?  She must be able to get a drug and a syringe.
She was around an awful lot, she saw the fight, she was around when Lindsey was walking...BTW, why didn't she offer her a ride? She passes by a young girl walking by herself when it is getting dark and she just goes on her marry way? This was a child she claims was getting abused and she was trying to protect? So she allows her to walk by herself? I would think a person would stop and ask if she was OK if she was spending time trying to help her. Or was she manipulating the situation? Was she convincing Lindsey what she was going through was abusive and she needed to report it? She said she helped Lindsey call CPS, right?

An argument can be made for anyone, that is why all adults should be brought in for polys. I am debating whether or not to hit post, I dont' want to upset anyone, sorry if I do.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1550 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:08 PM »

The fact that there was a search in the Capitol State Forest announced and then there was a fire set on 3pm on Friday ...koinkydink or covering tracks?

just got home and trying to catch up for today. 

you know, my first thought was maybe someone set the fire near where lindsey is, so someone would find her.  they need to go out to where that fire is and search all around that area.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1551 on: July 07, 2009, 04:24:06 PM »

okay I have a dilemma here.

I am actually new to this board even though I post a lot.   I have tried to keep with the "norm" of what the board allows and does not allow.  Like don't post the ss #'s of dead people, don't post phone #s. etc. 

Now it seems some of the posters do not wish me to post research info or work on certain theories which research specific persons.  Everyone has their own opinions on what should and should not be posted or said, and it is that way on every board on the net, so which ever way this board wants to go is fine with me.  If you want me to quit researching on the open board, I can do that no problem.  Like i said, I am new to this board and I don't want to upset the way things work around here.  So if you want me to quit posting research and quit brainstorming and posting theories or ideas or looking into specific people etc, then say so and I will quit. I can always keep track of all my research somewhere else etc.  It's not a problem for me to do that at all.  I just posted it because I thought 100 minds going over this stuff is a lot more thorough than just me looking at it, and 100 people looking at the info and adding to it gets things done a whole lot faster than if I do it all by myself. 

but I am thinking now perhaps others don't see it that way.  I can't research like that and only say certain things and leave all the other stuff out.  sorry, it is not that it bothers me or I am getting weird about it, it is just not the way I research a case.  It does me no good to sit here and not go through the info and have feedback and brainstorming sessions about it. 

so without any bad feelings or whatever, I just think I need to quit posting unless someone specifically asks me to look up something for them.  so here is my email keysring@yahoo.com.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1552 on: July 07, 2009, 04:37:02 PM »

<snipped>

I am debating whether or not to hit post, I dont' want to upset anyone, sorry if I do.

Tracygirl

Don't worry about me.  I am not upset.  You and I may have different takes concerning whether or not Josh should be considered a person of interest in the process of elimination and ... that is OK.  Dialogue is what it is all about.

However ... you do seem to have an issue with me focusing in on Linsey's brother.  I have worked hard on accumulating/compiling backup obtained from this forum ... obtained from media/internet sources as to why I believe that Josh should not be overlooked by LE in the investigative process.

I believe that ALL those who have a connection to Lindsey in the hour prior to her disappearance should be the primary focus.  However ... keep in mine ... there is a witness that observed Lindsey two blocks from her home.  It would appear that something happened to that little girl either in that short distance or ... when she arrived home where her mother and brother were waiting.

Bringing Lindsey home should be LE's objective ... no matter where the path of the investigation branches out.

Friends?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1553 on: July 07, 2009, 04:40:24 PM »

I am not accusing Lindsey's 12 year old brother but ... in the process of elimination ... I do not believe he should be given a pass unless interrogated and …  ruled out by authorities.

Lindsey had issues with Josh that went beyond sibling rivalry.

Think about it.  Lindsey was within two blocks from her home on the evening she disappeared ... the evening when she was observed by a witness.  Logic dictates that “something bad happened” either in that short distance or … “something bad happened” at home.

Janet

+++++++

1. FACEBOOK ENTRY

An entry in her Facebook … Lindsey sates that she is happy that Josh may be going to “juvie” the next day.

Whether or not Josh was sentenced to “juvie” … the reference implies this 12 year old already has issues

TWILIGHT FREAK is happy that her brother is going to juvi tomorrow.Mood: happ at 14:10 17 Jun view more

Lindsey Baum is happy that her brother is going to juvie tomorrow.
Mood: Happ at 14:10 17 June

http://www.myspace.com/477760045

2. PHYSICAL CONFRONTATION

Melissa Baum implied that the outcome of sibling rivalry between Josh and Lindsey could be physical.

When the argument on the day that Lindsey went missing is considered is considered … it is assumed that Josh’s body was checked by authorities for scratches.

KING 5 NEWS – July 2, 2009

If a stranger kidnapped 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, her mother says the girl would have put up a fight

“She has very long fingernails,” said Melissa Baum. “Her brother is proof enough of that.”

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070209WAB-mccleary-KS.67b0a9.html

3. HEATED ARGUMENT?

As an intervention was required … the argument that Lindsey and Josh had on the way over to Kayla’s home implies that it was heated.

ABC NEWS – June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

4. RESIDENTS OF MCLEARY SPEAK OUT

The following comments to KING NEWS speaks volumes to the relationship between Lindsey and Josh.

Credit:  Northern Rose

mlachester 1 day ago wrote:

To answer the questions everyone has asked, Yes I have talked to police and as far as things being unfounded its more of lazy work by cps and I don't know what the police were thinking. Since Lindsey has gone missing I have helped serch and put fliers up. I was called by the agents investigating and told them what I know. And this is no nick name everyone in McCleary knows who I am. Its no big secret she had came to my house to call 911 when her brother had done things to her. I hope lindsey is hiding and she finds a way to get to someone for help to tell them why. But as everyday gose by the fear gets worse.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_063009WAB-Mccleary-girl-search-LJ.1fc0b759.html?ocp=2#slcgm_comments_anchor

mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:

NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser!"

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...omments_anchor

BUMPED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1554 on: July 07, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »

I am actually new to this board even though I post a lot.   I have tried to keep with the "norm" of what the board allows and does not allow.  Like don't post the ss #'s of dead people, don't post phone #s. etc. 

Now it seems some of the posters do not wish me to post research info or work on certain theories which research specific persons.  Everyone has their own opinions on what should and should not be posted or said, and it is that way on every board on the net, so which ever way this board wants to go is fine with me.  If you want me to quit researching on the open board, I can do that no problem.  Like i said, I am new to this board and I don't want to upset the way things work around here.  So if you want me to quit posting research and quit brainstorming and posting theories or ideas or looking into specific people etc, then say so and I will quit. I can always keep track of all my research somewhere else etc.  It's not a problem for me to do that at all.  I just posted it because I thought 100 minds going over this stuff is a lot more thorough than just me looking at it, and 100 people looking at the info and adding to it gets things done a whole lot faster than if I do it all by myself. 

but I am thinking now perhaps others don't see it that way.  I can't research like that and only say certain things and leave all the other stuff out.  sorry, it is not that it bothers me or I am getting weird about it, it is just not the way I research a case.  It does me no good to sit here and not go through the info and have feedback and brainstorming sessions about it. 

so without any bad feelings or whatever, I just think I need to quit posting unless someone specifically asks me to look up something for them.  so here is my email keysring@yahoo.com.

please don't stop DD..i'm gonna mail you

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1555 on: July 07, 2009, 04:42:52 PM »

DD - not sure what brought this about and don't need to know to be honest.  All I know is that there is a 10 year old girl missing.  Anything after that we need to research and you are fast and good at it.  JMO.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1556 on: July 07, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »

DD - not sure what brought this about and don't need to know to be honest.  All I know is that there is a 10 year old girl missing.  Anything after that we need to research and you are fast and good at it.  JMO.
I totally agree, you are fast and good. I have no clue on how to do what you do, please continue to help, it is very much appreciated  an angelic monkey
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1557 on: July 07, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »

DD, I haven't seen anything problematic with what you've posted.  Quite frankly, an "investigation" involves "investigating" people. It's the nature of the beast.  And, as I recall, law enforcement indicated in an article that it is looking at blogs and forums for ideas as part of its investigation.  LE may be looking at this one for all we know.  Every little bit helps, especially since Lindsey seemed to have disappeared without a trace.

Lindsey deserves our best efforts.  Let's give them to her.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1558 on: July 07, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »

DD you have nanners

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1559 on: July 07, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

Lindsey's brother should be looked into, just because he is 12 means nothing. There is a reason that someone is posting things about this boy, maybe the people posting unflattering comments about him are nuts, or maybe they are being truthful. IMO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.