March 28, 2024, 10:57:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770361 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1640 on: July 08, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »

Questions for Kara,

The fight about the bike happens behind Shell and a neighbour sent Josh away. 

Where did he go from there? 
Did he go straight home and was anyone there?
Was he home at 9:15 - 9:30?

Bumping this and changing the questions based on the new information that Kara has provided.

Bike was left behind Shell, fight took place on Maple where neighbour sent Josh away.

Who picked up the bike as it was left at the Shell?
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1641 on: July 08, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »

this came to me on the drive home from work
the reason i had such a problem with the 'disturbed' myspace is that when i saw it on the dd site her mood was 'adored' with little red hearts...then it went to the cool i'm on Lindsey's myspace mood 'wet'....do we know which 'friend' had changed it?? the 'wet' is bothering me...was it after they had gone swimming? is it sexual in nature (like one of the 'mean' kids KaraK mentioned?  Is there a lake/pond/large body of water in the area????
I don't know I thought Kara said her daughter changed it  I will admit the mood wet, bothered me from the get go.
do you know for sure???  'cause i don't
No, I do not know for sure, I do believe Kara said this though, maybe she can clear it up.

It was my daughter and another friend that changed it to "cool I'm on Lindsey's myspace" originally. The mood wet had I'm told been like that since the girls went swimming the day before Lindsey went missing.  I know it was quite a shocker to see it there (the mood) but that is  one of the hings that these girls don't quite understand yet and use it innocently in reference to swimming etc.
Kara,do you happen to know if the girls went swimming at the same house they swam at friday,the day Lindsey went missing?And do you know this person/s?Who else hangs out there?Who lives there?Sorry if this has been asked.....I'm behind on reading.

I'm going to try and catch up I know that I missed some questions but there will be a delay - we have to meet friends at the park who will be releasing some B-day balloons for Lindsey.

The girls were swimming at the same home both days. At the time the girls were there it was 2 to 3 other girls (9 to 12), Lindsey, my daughter and the mother of one of the other girls (the mother to the child whose house they were at). - Hope that makes sense.

As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.
Thank you Kara
Is there a reason Josh did not hang out with your son(or did he?)because they are about the same age?

Two very different groups I guess you'd say. Every now and again they'd hang out for a few if everyone else they knew was doing something else but my son is a little skater/ biker that hangs out with kids usually who enjoy the same. Josh is more the fishing, playing video games type of kid.
Thanks again Kara

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1642 on: July 08, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »

One of the reader comments .  Anyone local or if Kara comes by, can you please explain why Forks?

This girl twitters, does Facebook and prolly has a cellphone, too. What do parents expect? Ten year olds do not need these things. This child most likely is far away from that town with someone she met via one of the above. Hope she comes home soon.

Of course, if she is not found soon they should look up in Forks.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49891642.html

BUMP
this is something else I am thinking to look into, this post, the poster, etc.  we really don't know what they meant, might be something cryptic for all we know.  I will try to check more on this

I checked with my daughter as she has read the series.  It is based in Forks Washington.  When I googled it they have turned it into a huge Twighlight tourism thing - tours, gifts shops, parties, etc.

http://www.afterthebite.com/2506442

hi Northern, yes that is one Forks, but tracygirl was trying to compare the post with her map
I bumped that post to go with tracygirl's map so she can compare it with her map with FORK
she was looking for that post so I found it for her.
I hope this links right, I don't know how to post a pic of a webpage. Anyhow, wasn't there a reference to Forks? The mapquest directions list a forks drive or street. thought it maybe something,

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fall+Creek&1s=WA&1y=US&1l=46.626942&1g=-123.724167&2c=Mccleary&2s=WA#a/maps/l:::Fall+Creek:WA::US:46.626942:-123.724167:::1/l:::McCleary:WA::US:47.053299:-123.264198:city:Grays+Harbor+County:1/m:hyb:15:47.053896:-123.264635:0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Me bad.  I read that wrong.  I now understand.  Yup the fork road is close to the arson event.  Well doesn't that get interesting.  I sure hope LE had searched that area this weekend like they said they were going to.
I misunderstood,disregard that post I just made. 

No worries.  It was me reading it wrong that caused it.  Who names roads and towns the same in the first place...sheesh! 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1643 on: July 08, 2009, 12:56:22 PM »

Really interesting comment by user.  Is there anyone local that can get a copy of this list?  As it is posted in the city park it would be public domain.

SmithRock 20 hours ago wrote:
There are a lot of documented sex offenders in the King/Snohomish/Pierce Counties. The city park in Issiquah posts the photos, names, and addresses of child molesters whose state supervision has ended but they are classified as "likely to re-offend."

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #1644 on: July 08, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »

NorthernRose said:
No worries.  It was me reading it wrong that caused it.  Who names roads and towns the same in the first place...sheesh! 

lol...sorry,had to snip that loooooong quote stack.
Hey,around here in Detroit we have a detroit street and a Michigan steet lol

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #1645 on: July 08, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »

Really interesting comment by user.  Is there anyone local that can get a copy of this list?  As it is posted in the city park it would be public domain.

SmithRock 20 hours ago wrote:
There are a lot of documented sex offenders in the King/Snohomish/Pierce Counties. The city park in Issiquah posts the photos, names, and addresses of child molesters whose state supervision has ended but they are classified as "likely to re-offend."

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_070609WAB-missing-mccleary-girl-SW.14c01624.html

This is a little off topic, but the timing of the bolded comment in the above article could not be better.

As some of you may know, a bunch of convicted sex offenders are challenging the constitutionality of a portion of the Adam Walsh Child Protection & Safety Act of 2006 (the "Act").  The portion they are challenging deals with "civil commitments."  Under the Act, once a child sex offender nears the end of his or her sentence, they are required to undergo an evaluation to determine whether they continue to constitute a danger to children.  If the answer is no, they are released as scheduled.  If the answer is yes, then they are civilly committed until such time as it is determined that they no longer constitute a danger to children. 

The challenge raises two issues.  In "plain english," (A) Did Congress overstep its constitutional authority in the Act by essentially involving the Federal Government in what is essentially a state crime? and (B) Does the civil commitment procedure amount to an additional sentence?

The Act is by far the strongest piece of child protection legislation to ever come out of the Federal Government.  It is vitally important that its constitutionality is upheld.  The Supreme Court will likely hear the case in its Fall Term.

I urge each of you to write a short letter to your representatives urging support for the Act.  They need to understand that child sex offenders are not common criminals--they stand in a class all by themselves.  There's a great distinction between "common" crimes, such as burglary, robbery, murder, and so forth--all of which are rarely motivated by a mental defect, and child sex crimes that are ALWAYS motivated by a mental defect--one that all experts agree cannot be rehabilitated.  While a prison system based on a theory of imposing a punishment that fits the crime may work for most common crimes (because most crimes can be deterred by the threat of prison), it has been shown time and time and time again that such a system DOES NOT work for child sex offenders.  John Couey is the poster child for this proposition.  Recall that when he was arrested, he told the police that after he was arrested for his first offense against a child, he BEGGED the authories to lock him up because he was going to offend again.  At the time, there was no basis to do so and, of course, we all know what happened next.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about this.  If the moderators think it is appropriate, perhaps we could set up a new topic, and I can post updates and information there.

Thank you for "listening." 

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1646 on: July 08, 2009, 02:36:05 PM »

http://www.ci.issaquah.wa.us/

Here is the site to the city of issaquah WA. I can't call as I am at work, maybe they can give information over the phone?
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1647 on: July 08, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »

O/T

Marc Klaas has just posted the latest (and greatest) edition of the KlaasKids Foundation newsletter. Please read the article on the Amber Alert. It is very relevant to many current cases. http://www.klaaskids.org/newsletters/Summer_2009.pdf

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1648 on: July 08, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

How many kids has mr. money ever found ?
He collects a lot of money in donations.. and prints a lot of flyers and works off of people hearts..
So ..How many kids has mark saved ?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1649 on: July 08, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »

Missing girl's 11th birthday passes with her still away

BY JACOB JONES
The Daily World

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 12:09 PM PDT

Authorities had kept Lindsey Baum’s birthday in mind as an unofficial deadline of when they hoped to have her home.

That didn’t happen Tuesday as the missing McCleary girl turned 11 years old and the frustrating search for answers entered its 11th day.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said investigators continue to look ahead to new leads in the disappearance, but Baum’s birthday stood as a milestone for deputies and the family.

“Obviously, a day they’d hoped to be celebrating,” he said, pausing. “It’s not the celebration they’d hoped for.”

Baum, a 4-foot-9 brown-haired girl, disappeared off a McCleary street on June 26 while making the short walk from her friend’s house to her home. While two people reported seeing her within a few blocks of home, she never made it back.

Hundreds of volunteers and officers have searched the town of 1,500 without finding any sign of the girl or indication of how she vanished. Scott said investigators are exploring all possibilities from runaway to kidnapping, though an abduction has become more likely as the days stretch on.

No evidence has turned up to point detectives in a “new direction,” Scott said today. He noted tips over the hotline have fallen to a “trickle,” but investigators continue to follow specific leads and conduct interviews.

“We’ve got a dozen (deputies) out on the street today,” he said this morning, but the widespread ground search of the town and outlying areas has been suspended for now.

Authorities left the family to itself much of Tuesday as the girl’s father, Scott Baum, spent time with his son, the undersheriff said. The father recently flew in from Tennessee where he serves in the National Guard and faces deployment to Iraq in the coming weeks.

Scott said the passing of Lindsey Baum’s birthday without any answers is disappointing, but it doesn’t undermine the determination of the investigators.

Though many deputies have worked overtime and labored through weekends, about 15 deputies and detectives are expected to remain on the case throughout the week in hopes of finding a break.

“They’re not giving up,” he said. “There’s no defeat in them.”

Law enforcement officials are asking anyone who might have any information about the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum to come forward with tips. Tips can be made by phone at 1-866-915-8299 or via e-mail at soadmin@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. They may also be mailed to PO Box 305 McCleary, WA 98557.

http://**/articles/2009/07/08/local_news/doc4a54e9c946020927750602.txt

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1650 on: July 08, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »

Jess thank you for the article.  I can not image how difficult it is to have to endure a birthday for a child that is missing.
JessStar
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1651 on: July 08, 2009, 04:20:28 PM »

Jess thank you for the article.  I can not image how difficult it is to have to endure a birthday for a child that is missing.

I know what you mean Norther Rose.  I often think about the parents of these children and wonder where they derive their strength from.  I wouldn't be able to function if something happened to mine.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1652 on: July 08, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »

HLN is going to be affording Lindsey's case in a few minutes.

About time. I am so sick and disgusted by the amount of valuable air time that has been wasted on M. Jackson coverage.

Airtime that could go to Lindsey and other missing children.

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1653 on: July 08, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »

affording = covering

KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1654 on: July 08, 2009, 05:48:14 PM »

Questions for Kara,

The fight about the bike happens behind Shell and a neighbour sent Josh away. 

Bumping this and changing the questions based on the new information that Kara has provided.

Bike was left behind Shell, fight took place on Maple where neighbour sent Josh away.

Who picked up the bike as it was left at the Shell?

1) I can't answer the first one because I was told he went home but was not there myself.
2) The bike stayed at the Shell station. It was not picked up until 2 to 3 days after.
3) Josh's mom was home but again for the same reason as 1 I can not factually say he went straight home.
4) ?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1655 on: July 08, 2009, 05:49:08 PM »

About time. I am so sick and disgusted by the amount of valuable air time that has been wasted on M. Jackson coverage.

I agree.  Normally HLN or CNN can be heard in the background in our home the entire day but ... this week ... no way!  The ongoing coverage on Michael Jackson's death is beyond acceptable.

pink angel ... I missed the coverage on Lindsey Baum.
Edit/typo

Would you please provide an update?

Thanks

Janet
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:20:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1656 on: July 08, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »

so josh did not go back and get his bike on his way home? why would he just leave it there? he was mad at her because she would not take it home, yet he leaves it there and goes home?

is that weird?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1657 on: July 08, 2009, 05:56:19 PM »

Kara ... or a Monkey
I don't want to know her * name  ..just relation to Lindsey.
Who is this girl? I saw her pic on one of Lindsey's friend/family myspaces
I am getting confused
She likes to show her chest in photo's ( don't know what it is with taking pics in the bathroom)

http://www.myspace.com/ebony_luvs_jerry5

I wish her Dad would see these - I think he would shut her space down.

I am sorry this is going to be confusing but I can not think of how to phrase it: I am thinking Lindsey may have seen her around as she is friends with the kid who's friend is dating this girl.

Lindsey knows - Friend A: who knows - Friend B: who is dating the girl shown on that MySpace -

Hope I did not confuse you. I've asked if she knew her any more personally and am told know but I can't say that for sure without asking around more.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1658 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »

I also want to know what makes that lady think she has the right to tell someone else's kid they have to go home?  and why does he do what she said?  or did he?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1659 on: July 08, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »

Thanks! can you give an update?

Not to be controversal or anything but Michael Jackson was just a man, a man buried in a golden coffin, my goodness! They need to stop already, enough is enough.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.