March 28, 2024, 10:07:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770354 times)
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1680 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »

I think she is said to be the last person to see Lindsey. Where does she work? At that hospital or long term care place? Where is that place at, how far? I don't know the name so I can't look it up

someone said she worked for the county.  someone else said she worked at beehive which is at 401 maple.  I guess you could work for the county and work for beehive as it is a retirement center, maybe helping the elderly?

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1681 on: July 08, 2009, 06:38:25 PM »

I am trying to remember what has been said about this whole woman and the fight incident and the seeing lindsey again. 
wasn't the woman at home the first time and then coming home in her car the next time she saw her?  do I remember that right? 

where did she go, how long did it take her to go there.  if I am remembering correctly.  lindsey walked on to kara's with kara's daughter, stayed a few minutes(how many) then started walking back home, then the lady sees her again.  so that lady wherever she went did not stay long.  was she waiting for lindsey to come back by?  what did that woman say to lindsey when she told josh to go home?  did lindsey just walk off and ignore the woman ?  did the woman tell her to go home too?  what did she tell her? 

To find me:
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1682 on: July 08, 2009, 06:38:44 PM »

I also want to know what makes that lady think she has the right to tell someone else's kid they have to go home?  and why does he do what she said?  or did he?

Kara the relationship between Lindsey and this Marilyn person has become a bit controversal to me. Can you offer anything in regards to why she would break up the fight and send Josh on his way? you knew Josh, I have just seen a pic, do you feel he would have complied with a person who tells him to do something as she did? Why or why not?

Marilynn was the "family friend" that saw the kids fighting and broke them up and sent Josh on her way? Where did this info come from?

I understood Marilynn to be the one who is spouting all the gossip about calling cps and abuse on the king5.com website.

How is she a "family friend"?

The family friend who broke up the fight and sent them both on their separate ways that night also saw Lindsey walking home from KK's house approx. at 9:15 or a little later right?

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1683 on: July 08, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »

Her myspace states she is a phlebotomist.

So this beehive place is close to lindsey's home, I didn't realize that.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1684 on: July 08, 2009, 06:41:55 PM »

this came to me on the drive home from work
the reason i had such a problem with the 'disturbed' myspace is that when i saw it on the dd site her mood was 'adored' with little red hearts...then it went to the cool i'm on Lindsey's myspace mood 'wet'....do we know which 'friend' had changed it?? the 'wet' is bothering me...was it after they had gone swimming? is it sexual in nature (like one of the 'mean' kids KaraK mentioned?  Is there a lake/pond/large body of water in the area????
I don't know I thought Kara said her daughter changed it  I will admit the mood wet, bothered me from the get go.
do you know for sure???  'cause i don't
No, I do not know for sure, I do believe Kara said this though, maybe she can clear it up.

It was my daughter and another friend that changed it to "cool I'm on Lindsey's myspace" originally. The mood wet had I'm told been like that since the girls went swimming the day before Lindsey went missing.  I know it was quite a shocker to see it there (the mood) but that is  one of the hings that these girls don't quite understand yet and use it innocently in reference to swimming etc.
Kara,do you happen to know if the girls went swimming at the same house they swam at friday,the day Lindsey went missing?And do you know this person/s?Who else hangs out there?Who lives there?Sorry if this has been asked.....I'm behind on reading.

I'm going to try and catch up I know that I missed some questions but there will be a delay - we have to meet friends at the park who will be releasing some B-day balloons for Lindsey.

The girls were swimming at the same home both days. At the time the girls were there it was 2 to 3 other girls (9 to 12), Lindsey, my daughter and the mother of one of the other girls (the mother to the child whose house they were at). - Hope that makes sense.

As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1685 on: July 08, 2009, 06:43:02 PM »

I also want to know what makes that lady think she has the right to tell someone else's kid they have to go home?  and why does he do what she said?  or did he?

Kara the relationship between Lindsey and this Marilyn person has become a bit controversal to me. Can you offer anything in regards to why she would break up the fight and send Josh on his way? you knew Josh, I have just seen a pic, do you feel he would have complied with a person who tells him to do something as she did? Why or why not?

Marilynn was the "family friend" that saw the kids fighting and broke them up and sent Josh on her way? Where did this info come from?

I understood Marilynn to be the one who is spouting all the gossip about calling cps and abuse on the king5.com website.

The family friend who broke up the fight and sent them both on their separate ways that night also saw Lindsey walking home from KK's house approx. at 9:15 or a little later right?

I personally did not think she was marilynn, but I keep reading on here that others do and I was too busy on other things to ask about it. LOL   but yes, now I want to know why people think this is marilynn  LOL

To find me:
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1686 on: July 08, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »

I personally did not think she was marilynn, but I keep reading on here that others do and I was too busy on other things to ask about it. LOL   but yes, now I want to know why people think this is marilynn  LOL

Thank you, so I am not the only one confused. LOL!

doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1687 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »

Kara said...
As for the argument: according to my daughter right now: it started at Shell station (this is where they left the bike) then they continued walking til they were on Maple (I know this was confused earlier possibly because I didn't understand what Kayla was saying) they were several houses down from mine when the family friend (who apparently was visiting a another friend on this street) told Josh to go home.    - Does that make sense? If not I'll try to make it clearer but I got to run but will come back and try to catch up on any ?'s.

so the lady who told josh to go home did not even live on maple, she was just there visiting someone else?  then when lindsey is walking back home from kara's this same person who does not live on maple sees lindsey again.  but she is not at that friends house the second time she see's her?  is that how it went.  why is this person hanging around? 

this is all mixed up hahahaha or I am 

To find me:
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »

what makes that woman think she can just order other people's kids around like that?

doubledecker

I would suspect that the argument had to have been very heated for this woman to intervene.  Melissa Baum did not appear to have a problem the actions of the "family friend".

Janet

+++++++

ABC NEWS – June 30, 2009

Baum said she last saw her daughter when Lindsey, along with her 12-year-old brother, Josh, headed out to Lindsey's friend's house in hopes she could get permission to spend the night at the Baum's house.

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

so then this family friend sees lindsey walking home and does not give her a ride. 

Lindsey was two blocks from home when the "family friend" observed Lindsey.  Why is this "family friend" being singled out for making choices that were not in this little girl's best interest.

Melissa Baum was not worried about her daughter walking home by herself.

Kara Kampen was not worried about Lindsey walking home on her own.

Scott Williams were not worried about Lindsey wasking home on her own.

Janet

+++++++

MELISSA BAUM

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House
By SARAH NETTER
June 30, 2009

Baum said her children began squabbling over the use of Josh's bike on the way there and were stopped by a family friend who sent Josh home to end the argument. Lindsey continued on to her friend's house. When Lindsey's friend found out she couldn't stay the night, Lindsey headed for home around 9:30 p.m.

"When she wasn't home by 10, I started to get nervous," Baum said, adding that 10 p.m. is the curfew for her children.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7966924&page=1

KARA KAMPEN

"You can't imagine the guilt"
By Callie White
The Daily World
Friday, July 3, 2009 11:12 AM PDT

McCLEARY — Kara Kampen said she thought nothing of it when Lindsey Baum walked out of her house at about 9:15 p.m. last Friday.

http://**/articles/2009/07/03/local_news/doc4a4e415cdb51d302573546.txt

SCOTT WILLIAMS

FBI joins search for missing 10-year-old girL
Story Published: Jun 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM PDT

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home ...

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1689 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »

I thought at one time, Marilyn and Melissa were on good terms, until there was a problem with the kids. The lady who sent Josh home and then later saw Lindsey is not Marilyn, but do we know who the heck this woman is?????
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1690 on: July 08, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »

Kara said...

so the lady who told josh to go home did not even live on maple, she was just there visiting someone else?  then when lindsey is walking back home from kara's this same person who does not live on maple sees lindsey again.  but she is not at that friends house the second time she see's her?  is that how it went.  why is this person hanging around? 

I thought when she saw Lindsey walking home alone, she was in her car going to work 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1691 on: July 08, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »

Hi Monkeys
I am not sure if this helps = http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html

snipped:
Now hope has turned to anxiety and alarm among frustrated search teams - and the whole town, population 1,550.

The mother is also at a loss.
She says her daughter is upset about her recent divorce, but doesn't have money to run away - and has never tried to run away before. Her mom doubts at this point that Lindsey is trying to hide.
"If somebody does have her, I wish they would just drop her off somewhere where she can get to a pay phone and call 911 or call home, so that we can come and get her," she says, sobbing.

Melissa McCann, a family friend, said, "This is a small town. These things don't happen. And yet here they are. She comes from her friend's (house) a lot, so it doesn't make sense that she didn't show up at home. We're just baffled."

Lindsey's father lives in Tennessee. Police have contacted him, and he's not suspected of any involvement in Lindsey's disappearance.
Pimentel said it's strange that nobody saw anything unusual.
"Such a small community like this - you can't do much in a town this size without everybody knowing about it," he said. "Everybody in town knows she's unaccounted for."

Not sure if Melissa McCann is the woman that speaks in the NG interviews. NG does not personally interview her they just show " snippets" of this unknown woman talking .. for brief seconds.. Says she is Family friend but no name is offered that I recall. She has long reddish blond hair and is med complexion ..in the NG videos.
I will go look ..

oh DD you have Mail ..

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1692 on: July 08, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »

Agreed Janet, why should this woman who saw Lindsey walking home while she was on her way to work, think something bad was to happen. Nobody else thought something bad was going to happen.
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1693 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:07 PM »

the reason it bothers me about this particular person letting her go home by herself is not that she is walking two blocks, it is because this woman though the fight was bad enough to send josh home, she obviously was concerned about the fighting.  seems she would have called the mother or made sure lindsey was not going home to another huge bad fight if no one was there.  that is my point.  no one else knew they were fighting like that, kara didn't, the mom didn't, etc. 

either the fight was really bad or it wasn't. is how I see it, and if you think it is bad enough to butt in and tell someone's child they have to go home, then you should also be concerned enough to get ahold of the mom or make sure the fight is not continuing...otherwise it must have not been so bad.  so then why make josh go home

To find me:
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1694 on: July 08, 2009, 06:54:20 PM »

Kara said...

I thought when she saw Lindsey walking home alone, she was in her car going to work 

that is what I remember reading at first.  so now she was visiting a friend and she did not live on maple.  ??

To find me:
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1695 on: July 08, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »

the reason it bothers me about this particular person letting her go home by herself is not that she is walking two blocks, it is because this woman though the fight was bad enough to send josh home, she obviously was concerned about the fighting.  seems she would have called the mother or made sure lindsey was not going home to another huge bad fight if no one was there.  that is my point.  no one else knew they were fighting like that, kara didn't, the mom didn't, etc. 

either the fight was really bad or it wasn't. is how I see it, and if you think it is bad enough to butt in and tell someone's child they have to go home, then you should also be concerned enough to get ahold of the mom or make sure the fight is not continuing...otherwise it must have not been so bad.  so then why make josh go home
Good point, or she could be like a neighbor I have that has no problem telling kids what to do, because she is a busy body, and likes to interfere. If the fight was that bad, which I'm beginning to think it wasn't anything but regular brother/sister fights, she would have called the mom I would think.
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1696 on: July 08, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »

Kara said...

She was visiting a friend. Later she passed Lindsey walking alone on her way to work. She worked for the county but not in town.

In a small town, I can see a family friend breaking up an argument. I have often got in the middle of a few of the neighborhood kids arguments and told them both to go home and cool off.

She also saw Lindsey on her way to work a bit later.

There was also a second person that came forward that saw Lindsey walking alone on Maple just a minute or two before third st.

They have not made these witnesses names public. I am sure LE has a reason for that.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1697 on: July 08, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

I thought at one time, Marilyn and Melissa were on good terms, until there was a problem with the kids. The lady who sent Josh home and then later saw Lindsey is not Marilyn, but do we know who the heck this woman is?????

no rose colored glasses

No ... I do think we do but ... I could be wrong.  However ... I believe that "neighbour" implies that Lindsey was identification was confirmed.

Janet

++++++++

WITNESSES

Where is Lindsey Baum? Police, FBI Search for 10-Year-Old
Girl's Mother Frantic After Lindsey Never Made it Home From a Friend's House

June 30, 2009

Scott said witnesses were able to put Lindsey within a couple of blocks of her house just after 9:30 p.m. The last person reported to have seen her, he said, was a neighbor on her way to work.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=7966924&page=2

Focus now on abduction
BY JACOB JONES The Daily World
Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:25 PM PDT
JACOB JONES | THE DAILY WORLD

Scott said a second person came forward Tuesday with a confirmed sighting of Baum from Friday night in the same area along Maple Street near Fifth Street.

http://**/articles/2009/07/02/local_news/doc4a4cf43c1b1dd881132403.txt

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #1698 on: July 08, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »

Good point, or she could be like a neighbor I have that has no problem telling kids what to do, because she is a busy body, and likes to interfere. If the fight was that bad, which I'm beginning to think it wasn't anything but regular brother/sister fights, she would have called the mom I would think.

I am not no rose's busybody neighbor. Smile

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1699 on: July 08, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »

how did we come to the conclusion Marilyn was the person who sent Josh home, hmmmm was it in a posting Kara put up?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.