March 28, 2024, 03:36:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum, 10y missing from McCleary, WA 6/26/09 #1  (Read 770283 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1800 on: July 09, 2009, 12:32:12 AM »

Maybe he has something like high functioning autism? Maybe Aspergers which is like a high functioning form of autism. Usually the person has a normal educational functioning but has problems with interrelationships, social settings and behavior. Conversations skills are lacking. Temperament can be up and down, especially while hormones are going crazy.

Now I don't know if this is what josh has, I am just saying...Kids with autism especially high forms of autism or aspergers are huge targets for bullying. It concerned me when Kara said people spat on him, that is horrible and to be honest, should be unacceptable with any parent. 

If this boy has a mental condition such as this it would explain a lot about his behavior. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1801 on: July 09, 2009, 12:34:20 AM »

Oh and about 1:150 children have a form of autism, 1:90 boys....There are many ways children are being stolen away from their parents, this is one.

That is my PSA for the evening
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1802 on: July 09, 2009, 12:48:12 AM »

Maybe he has something like high functioning autism? Maybe Aspergers which is like a high functioning form of autism. Usually the person has a normal educational functioning but has problems with interrelationships, social settings and behavior. Conversations skills are lacking. Temperament can be up and down, especially while hormones are going crazy.

Now I don't know if this is what josh has, I am just saying...Kids with autism especially high forms of autism or aspergers are huge targets for bullying. It concerned me when Kara said people spat on him, that is horrible and to be honest, should be unacceptable with any parent. 

If this boy has a mental condition such as this it would explain a lot about his behavior. 

You are right.  When my son was taking his BE ... one his courses pertained to children with behavioral disorders.  I read an entire text on Asperger's Syndrome.  The symptoms that Kara describes ... in her posts  ... are reflective to a great extent of Asperger's.

Janet

QUESTION:

Is your son with Asperger's Syndrome a very emotional person?

Does your growing AS son get angry, frustrated, and very very upset with certain things? Explain to me his ongoing minor issues in life and struggles. Does he also have any strengths and objections? I can try to help. Don't share any facts about the disorder, just tell me what you know about someone you know who has AS who struggles with his behavior?

ANSWER:

It's not my son...but I have a couple of best friends with a child with this problem...He is very angry...unforgiving...No conscience...very hard to deal with...hates his father...no motivation...sits and plays online games all day and if you try to get him to do something he throws a fit...he's 15. He grabbed me by the throat one day and squeezed...left scratch marks and a briuse...Just out of the blue. I did nothing to him.
I think if he is to grow up he could easily hurt or worse someone.
hope this answers your question.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090519113507AAoHeZm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1803 on: July 09, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »

You are right.  When my son was taking his BE ... one his courses pertained to children with behavioral disorders.  I read an entire text on Asperger's Syndrome.  The symptoms that Kara describes ... in her posts  ... are reflective to a great extent of Asperger's.

Janet

QUESTION:

Does your growing AS son get angry, frustrated, and very very upset with certain things? Explain to me his ongoing minor issues in life and struggles. Does he also have any strengths and objections? I can try to help. Don't share any facts about the disorder, just tell me what you know about someone you know who has AS who struggles with his behavior?

ANSWER:

It's not my son...but I have a couple of best friends with a child with this problem...He is very angry...unforgiving...No conscience...very hard to deal with...hates his father...no motivation...sits and plays online games all day and if you try to get him to do something he throws a fit...he's 15. He grabbed me by the throat one day and squeezed...left scratch marks and a briuse...Just out of the blue. I did nothing to him.

That example is so far away from being the norm. I not only have an autistic child but worked many years with children with autism  and other mental disabilities. This sort of example is what causes many to fear a condition which often times leaves the person affected more vulnerable then society.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1804 on: July 09, 2009, 01:08:30 AM »

There are many crimes against children, not just kidnapping. There are children abused everyday, not by parents but from the kids they go to school with. It has been said Josh was spat on and picked on, that is emotional and physical abuse. I don't know about Washington but here in California it is concidered assualt to spit on someone.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1805 on: July 09, 2009, 01:16:03 AM »

Janet

QUESTION:

ANSWER:

That example is so far away from being the norm. I not only have an autistic child but worked many years with children with autism  and other mental disabilities. This sort of example is what causes many to fear a condition which often times leaves the person affected more vulnerable then society.

Tracygirl is right...

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1806 on: July 09, 2009, 01:20:44 AM »

mamacrazy  are you the other monkey with an autistic child?
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1807 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:40 AM »

I have to get some sleep, this getting up at 4 - 5 am, working all morning then on the net til 11-12 is draining me to the max.  so off to bed for me. 
hopefully tomorrow I will find something new.  did not accomplish much today.

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1808 on: July 09, 2009, 01:28:16 AM »

I have to get some sleep, this getting up at 4 - 5 am, working all morning then on the net til 11-12 is draining me to the max.  so off to bed for me. 

Nite DD, not much to go on....don't be hard on yourself. Get some rest
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1809 on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:14 AM »

no, although i went to college to get my duel certification elem.ed/special ed degree...did not complete 'cause i was to busy wantin' to have a hub...got 3 out of the deal..but after 3 years of course work and hub #3 having a best friend who's 16 year old step-son HAS aspergers i know first hand that they are NOT violent (in most cases) and although they are likely to get very involved in what they do (such as playing video games etc...),   more often they parrot what they hear (like adult speak) and my come off as a smart azz (although not their intention) 'cause its what they know....these children are the one's picked on..most of the time not the pickers..(either reg..functioning kids take them under a wing knowin' whats up or shun them)..their main issue is to be 'normal'..they realize they don't fit in although they don't know why..

KaraK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1810 on: July 09, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »

There are many crimes against children, not just kidnapping. There are children abused everyday, not by parents but from the kids they go to school with. It has been said Josh was spat on and picked on, that is emotional and physical abuse. I don't know about Washington but here in California it is concidered assualt to spit on someone.

I believe it is considered assault here as well. Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up. Really sad that kids do that sort of thing but it happened back when I was little to so I guess its not a new thing but I believe it is far more common now days - still not at all acceptable or called for.
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1811 on: July 09, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »

'nite DD

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1812 on: July 09, 2009, 01:37:13 AM »

Just for educational purposes....

http://www.aspergersdisease.net/aspergers-symptoms/what-are-aspergers-symptoms-in-teenagers/

Continued from What are Aspergers symptoms in children?

Here are the Aspergers symptoms during adolescent and teen years.
Most Aspergers symptoms persist through the teen years. And although teens with Asperger’s disease can begin to learn those social skills they lack, communication often remains difficult. They will probably continue to have difficulty “reading” others’ behavior.

Your teen with Asperger’s disease (like other teens) will want friends but may feel shy or intimidated when approaching other teens. He or she may feel “different” from others. Although most teens place emphasis on being and looking “cool,” teens with Aspergers symptoms may find it frustrating and emotionally draining to try to fit in.

They may be immature for their age and be naive and too trusting, which can lead to teasing and bullying.
All of these difficulties can cause teens with Aspergers symptoms to become withdrawn and socially isolated and to have depression or anxiety.

But some teens with Asperger’s disease are able to make and keep a few close friends through the school years. Some of the classic Asperger’s disease traits may also work to the benefit of your teen. Teens with Aspergers symptoms are typically uninterested in following social norms, fads, or conventional thinking, allowing creative thinking and the pursuit of original interests and goals. Their preference for rules and honesty may lead them to excel in the classroom and as citizens.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1813 on: July 09, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »

I believe it is considered assault here as well. Josh had gotten into so many spats that honestly were in a large part things he did not start but because he was the oldest he was the one who got in trouble. I've set down kids I've never met before to have a talk with them because I heard that they were antagonizing him to see if he'd blow up. Really sad that kids do that sort of thing but it happened back when I was little to so I guess its not a new thing but I believe it is far more common now days - still not at all acceptable or called for.

It is sad kids do those sort of things. It begins and ends with parents and teachers teaching children empathy. My children know better,  not because they have a sibling who is disabled but because I have tought them  that treating everyone with respect and compassion is the way we do things. (of course I told them if anyone bothers their brother it would be ok to clock them, lol)

Again, I don't know if Josh has this, I have never even heard him speak or seen him on video. Just some of the things you have said points to some of the traits. considering you can't throw a rock without it hitting an autistic kid, just something to consider.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1814 on: July 09, 2009, 01:45:28 AM »

Just for educational purposes....

http://www.aspergersdisease.net/aspergers-symptoms/what-are-aspergers-symptoms-in-teenagers/

Continued from What are Aspergers symptoms in children?

Here are the Aspergers symptoms during adolescent and teen years.
Most Aspergers symptoms persist through the teen years. And although teens with Asperger’s disease can begin to learn those social skills they lack, communication often remains difficult. They will probably continue to have difficulty “reading” others’ behavior.

Your teen with Asperger’s disease (like other teens) will want friends but may feel shy or intimidated when approaching other teens. He or she may feel “different” from others. Although most teens place emphasis on being and looking “cool,” teens with Aspergers symptoms may find it frustrating and emotionally draining to try to fit in.

They may be immature for their age and be naive and too trusting, which can lead to teasing and bullying.
All of these difficulties can cause teens with Aspergers symptoms to become withdrawn and socially isolated and to have depression or anxiety.

But some teens with Asperger’s disease are able to make and keep a few close friends through the school years. Some of the classic Asperger’s disease traits may also work to the benefit of your teen. Teens with Aspergers symptoms are typically uninterested in following social norms, fads, or conventional thinking, allowing creative thinking and the pursuit of original interests and goals. Their preference for rules and honesty may lead them to excel in the classroom and as citizens.

an angelic monkey
hugs and a BIG thank you!

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1815 on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:29 AM »

Oh your  welcome...no need to thank me though.

I am off to bed,  good nite fellow monkeys. Lets all hope tomorrow brings some kind of answers. I hope LE starts talking a bit, it will help getting her name out there.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: July 09, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »

Tracygirl~My nephew aged 7 is a child with autism.  He is a sweet and loving boy, one of four children.   He does not fit that "answers @yahoo.com description at all imo. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1817 on: July 09, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »

Just stopping by to wish all a great Thursday!   

Good Morning Monkeys!   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1818 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:14 AM »

The following is a very interest read on Asperger Syndrome (AS).  Many of the characteristics do mirror what Kara has shared in her posts.

Janet
Edit/typo MB

++++++

Asperger syndrome (AS)

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/brain/asperger.html#
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:15:19 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1819 on: July 09, 2009, 10:48:39 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CjyVjQhNsk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0CjyVjQhNsk&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

I found this this morning when looking for updates on Jaliek Rainwalker.  Lindsey Baum is included so I thought I'd share.  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.